rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The fallacy that women earn less due to discrimination

I was reading Thomas Sowell's book Economic Facts and Fallacies(excellent read btw) and came across this summary when reading about income inequality between genders in the workplace. It gives a vastly different view of why women earn less, independent of the usual discrimination dogma.

Quote:Quote:

The received wisdom is that women have always gotten a raw deal at work. They are unfairly paid less for the same work, says conventional wisdom. Worse, they are subject to pernicious hiring discrimination. Were it not for anti-discrimination laws, common lore insists, women would be in even worse shape, since the patriarchy clearly has
conspired to keep them underpaid. Right? Not exactly. Few informed people deny that women earn less than men. They do. The question is why. One explanation is pervasive discrimination and gender bias. But some other explanations are more plausible.

Consider this example: According to a study in the New England Journal of Medicine, male doctors earn 41% more per year than female doctors. However, the young male doctors in the study worked more than 500 hours a year more than the female doctors When researchers adjusted the two groups for hours, specialty, location and other factors, the income differential disappeared. A female economist’s research shed more light on the issue: About 37% of women leave the official workforce at some time in their careers, and about the same percentage work part-time for a while. This pattern shows up repeatedly, suggesting that choice, not discrimination, is responsible for a major portion of the income gap.

Here's the book.

http://books.google.com/books/about/Econ...meNxet5XYC

You don't need a book to tell you that the wage gap is a lie.

Think about it. If women could be paid less for the same work, then you would see the most successful companies hiring women to cut costs and slay the market.

The reason why this doesn't happen is because the women aren't doing the same amount of work. In many cases, they do much less. In every job I've ever worked at where women were involved, the harder working men basically picked up the slack and did more overtime. By that same token, I've also worked with some lazy men (who seemed to get fired, more often than not). If the study instead said, "People who work fewer hours and don't work as hard don't make as much money", everyone would answer with, "No shit?".

“I have a very simple rule when it comes to management: hire the best people from your competitors, pay them more than they were earning, and give them bonuses and incentives based on their performance. That’s how you build a first-class operation.”
― Donald J. Trump

If you want some PDF's on bodyweight exercise with little to no equipment, send me a PM and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Lol, if women were as productive and came with a 28% discount on average, no man would ever get a job.

Where are the female only companies dominating the world with their low wages and super awesome nurturing management styles?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUxcgdKNDmI

This is possibly the most comprehensive logical discussion of why the wage gap exists.

And he uses great logic . Worth the listen .