rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Text Tricks

Text Tricks

There are a few gimmicks that I've noticed myself using in text recently. I hope you guys can make good use of them. If you have anything like this, please add to this thread.

"Just got your text..."
I use this when I've told a girl that I'm going to be at a particular spot at at certain time, but we haven't agreed that she's show up, and she doesn't show.

An example would be if I told a girl that I'm going to be at xx bar, and she's texting me saying she might show up.

Her: I might be able to come at 11

The next day I will text her to make it look like I left something like "Hey I just got your text. Today could work"

There are a few implications here. The first is that either my phone died or that I got caught up with something more interesting than her (possibly another woman). This pushes her value down. The other implication is that I might have bounced before she showed up, and I'm texting her to "be polite" just in case she did (which I know she didn't because I did stick around to a little past 11). This is a play at asshole/aloof game in which she is an insignificant part of my life, and I've framed the relationship so that she's chasing me.

"You texted me just as I check my phone"
There are some situations in which the 2/3 rule is just not helpful. For example, let's say you've texting with a girl. Saturday night rolls around, and it's getting late. You are out at the bar, and you feel your phone buzzing in your pants, or are checking your phone frequently. You see that you've received a text from her saying something like "hey im in (your neighborhood)".

The 2/3 rule would tell you that if you want to text her back, you should wait twice as long as she took to respond to your last text. This still can be good advice, but sometimes you have to strike when the iron is hot. If it gets too late, you might lose your chance to meet up with her that night, and if she's getting back to you after a day of radio silence, 2/3 says that you have to wait two days before getting back to her.

So, I've been replying to them immediately with "you texted me just as I checked my phone". This is a good way to save face for having replied back to them so quickly. So far, without fail, I will get a text back from them within a reasonable amount of time (either immediately or in the next ten min). It's usually something corny like "ha i'm psychic"

Now that you established a good tempo, you can feel her out, no pun intended [Image: wink.gif] and possibly build towards a meet up that night.

"New phone lost contacts who is it"

I stole this line from many of the girls in my pipeline. Let's say you get a girl's number and it's been over a week and you haven't met up. The interaction is frozen. You send her a mass text and she get's back to you with "hey i lost my contacts. who is this"

This happened to me a lot. It devalues the person who you are sending it to. If it is true, than it means that you weren't important enough for her to save your name and number. Well, I've commandeered this little gem and am now using it against them.

Last week, a I got a text from a girl who I hadn't texted with in a while. I had actually erased her number (something I rarely or only do if It seems like the odds of getting the bang are exceedingly low). So, I hit her with: "New phone lost contacts who is it"

Worked like a charm and I had my dick within her the next day. You can read about how it went down here: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-18370-...#pid406471

Text Tricks

How do you respond when you get the ubiquitous "new phone who is it?" text?

Text Tricks

Quote: (04-03-2013 08:33 AM)guerrilla Wrote:  

How do you respond when you get the ubiquitous "new phone who is it?" text?

I just get mad cocky, especially considering that I haven't actually met a lot of these girls:

"Soup how could you forget [Image: wink.gif]"

Sometimes she'll write back: "Oh hey lol"

But, sometimes she'll write back:

"I know like five soups."

Then it kind of starts fall apart. I'll have to remind them of my profile etc. or send them a pic get things going again.

Text Tricks

^^^Send a cock shot.

Text Tricks

Quote: (04-03-2013 09:15 AM)_GQ_ Wrote:  

^^^Send a cock shot.

I have a pattern for that as well in the dick pick thread.

Text Tricks

YES!

I think I finally cracked what to do when a girl balks at your suggestion to meet at a particular bar and instead offers to meet half way between your place and theirs or whatever.

Drum roll please...

"I would come meet you at XXX, but what happens if you get so aroused when I walk through the door that you want to jump my bones on the spot? Then we will be stranded w out place w good music to go back to [Image: wink.gif]"

(seemingly) Irrational self-confidence? Check
Sexualizing the conversation in a playful, non-"creepy" fun kind of way? Check
Possible neg at the end on her taste of music? Check

This is just the first draft. I think the winky face could be left out to really get her hamster whirling. Think about what a text like this will tell a girl about you. What beta guy would send something like this to a girl?

It's still in the R&D phase, but I've already got a positive response back from a couple of girls: "hahaahaha you are a big dork," followed by a shitty shit test "Is this how you get girls to sleep with you" The other one also replied "huh!? hahahha" That's 2/2 positive responses. 20 min later the second girl texts me again "I think I can control myself"

So that's the 2/3 ratio being pushed into existence. It's not me waiting for two texts from them for my every one, it's them feeling compelled to text me twice for my every one text.
Now I know I've captivated her on emotional level. Please feel free to try this and post any refinements or variations.

Text Tricks

Soup whats your set up right now?

I have noticed from your other posts that your notch count has gone way up in the last year.

What has made the difference?

Text Tricks

I don't know exactly. I think I'm probably just more confident and have really just been hammering away like crazy (in more ways than one), using any spare moment I have to take in game info and try stuff out. I try to post all my activity on this forum so that I can receive good feedback and maybe other guys can try stuff out and add to the pool of knowledge that I'm using.

Also, even though I'm balding, I let whatever hair I have grow in as much as possible this year. I'm still kind of freaked out about the summer, but we'll see. Other superficial changes- I've been wearing motorcycle jacket lately and had a kind of pea-cocky beanie thing during the winter.

Text Tricks

Thanks man.

Anyway you can break down more where your lays come from and what game your are using: day-night-online-social...

You have some real solid posts lately that I have been applying to my own game.

+1 from me dude.

Text Tricks

when a chick says 'new phone, who's this?' do you put your pride down and tell her who you are or just ignore her? I did that couple times and it didn't work. (she deleted my number, why would she come out?) So I think it's better to preserve your ego and ignore her.

Text Tricks

I've used the "new phone who is this" text with great success. On a related note, I no longer delete numbers from my phone but what I do now is if a contact has gone cold is I will put a "z" in front of their name in my phone so my regular contacts (A-Y) are no longer clogged up with a bunch of dead numbers, especially helpful when you have multiple Amy's or Jessica's in your contacts. Now all of the inactive contacts are grouped together under z and out of my way yet I still will know who they are if I get a random text weeks or months later.

Text Tricks

Yeah, I very rarely delete old numbers either. It costs me nothing to keep them and I have gotten a couple of bangs from the mass text move. A girl might not have been down for whatever reason 8 months ago, but circumstances change, and it's not like she's going to send a mass text of her own letting everyone know she's ovulating or on the rebound.

Good tricks, Soup!

Text Tricks

Quote: (04-12-2013 12:49 AM)Sebastian Wrote:  

when a chick says 'new phone, who's this?' do you put your pride down and tell her who you are or just ignore her? I did that couple times and it didn't work. (she deleted my number, why would she come out?) So I think it's better to preserve your ego and ignore her.

I replied to this a little bit in my thread on fear, but you can't be worried about ego preservation. You have to be bold and take risks. Just keep talking about how dope you are. I've said stuff like "I'm the confident, ambitious, leader of my activities Soup from Okcupid that (makes a living doing high value activity), how could you forget [Image: wink.gif]"

Just remember to keep it playful and not come off as rattled if she gets bitchy.

I've called out girls for "sounding like they are in a bad mood" if they get bitchy after this. There was at least one time where I turned things around and they've apologized.

If they continue to be bitches and tell me "don't contact me again" or "I have boyfriend now" I will delete their number and move on to prospecting new women.

Text Tricks

Disregard/Blast
I will disregard the txts for a little while, hope the hamster is spinning, then send back 2-4 texts back in a span of 1-2 minutes. Usually an emoticon, a late reply to her last text, and a push in the direction of where I want to take it. Most words are misspelled, and it is not because I am trying to, but really because I'm not terribly accurate on my smartphone, despite it having a big-ass screen. My thought is that the Pavlovian bell ringing in her purse multiple times will be interpreted as a flood of affection.

and then I do it again. Usually bring response times down from hours to minutes once the ball is rolling.

Text Tricks

Quote: (04-12-2013 12:40 PM)Fujiwara Wrote:  

Disregard/Blast
I will disregard the txts for a little while, hope the hamster is spinning, then send back 2-4 texts back in a span of 1-2 minutes. Usually an emoticon, a late reply to her last text, and a push in the direction of where I want to take it. Most words are misspelled, and it is not because I am trying to, but really because I'm not terribly accurate on my smartphone, despite it having a big-ass screen. My thought is that the Pavlovian bell ringing in her purse multiple times will be interpreted as a flood of affection.

and then I do it again. Usually bring response times down from hours to minutes once the ball is rolling.

Can you give us an example?

Text Tricks

Quote: (04-03-2013 08:23 AM)soup Wrote:  

"Just got your text..."
I use this when I've told a girl that I'm going to be at a particular spot at at certain time, but we haven't agreed that she's show up, and she doesn't show.

IIRC correctly, you are doing massive numbers in Williamsburgh, both live and online. But I remember Roosh wrote that he has never banged a girl who initially flaked. That matches my experience. You can recover and schedule something more convenient, but it is hard to create enough value to subsequently close.

You case isn't really a flake. But it is instructive to see that you must be mass-blasting online messages and getting numbers from every girl you see. If you only spent five minutes getting the number and didn't have a firm date then it's not a huge disrepect.

Text Tricks

Quote:Quote:

IIRC correctly, you are doing massive numbers

Massive numbers of posts here maybe

Text Tricks

Quote: (04-12-2013 01:17 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Quote:Quote:

IIRC correctly, you are doing massive numbers

Massive numbers of posts here maybe

Ha. Why the skepticism? I never claimed to have "massive" amounts of phone numbers. I know guys that are banging a lot more than me. I usually have around 200 in my phone. Most of them are girls from online whom I've never met.

Text Tricks

dang, you sound like a salesman who doesn't take 'let me think about it' several times as a 'NO' and will try to sell till the person yells at you 'don't contact me again'

It is Possible though she might be in a different situation and will respond to your txt.

Quote: (04-12-2013 10:59 AM)soup Wrote:  

I replied to this a little bit in my thread on fear, but you can't be worried about ego preservation. You have to be bold and take risks. Just keep talking about how dope you are. I've said stuff like "I'm the confident, ambitious, leader of my activities Soup from Okcupid that (makes a living doing high value activity), how could you forget [Image: wink.gif]"

Just remember to keep it playful and not come off as rattled if she gets bitchy.

I've called out girls for "sounding like they are in a bad mood" if they get bitchy after this. There was at least one time where I turned things around and they've apologized.

If they continue to be bitches and tell me "don't contact me again" or "I have boyfriend now" I will delete their number and move on to prospecting new women.

Text Tricks

Quote: (04-12-2013 01:56 PM)Sebastian Wrote:  

dang, you sound like a salesman who doesn't take 'let me think about it' several times as a 'NO' and will try to sell till the person yells at you 'don't contact me again'

It is Possible though she might be in a different situation and will respond to your txt.

Quote: (04-12-2013 10:59 AM)soup Wrote:  

It's happened where I will text a girl who has responded in months and then banged her within the next couple of days. Check out the mass text thread for more on that.

Text Tricks

soup is right. stop trying to preserve your ego and you will get laid more. couldnt give a shit what some random girl thinks anyway. if its someone that matters, yeah dont put up with shit

Text Tricks

One of the old PUAs used to say "make the ho say no." Being persistent, you have nothing to lose. Ego serves a useful purpose to protect us from humiliation when it matters, e.g. at work in front of your boss, co-workers, and the cute office girl, but in a pretty much anonymous text interaction, the worst she can say is no, and the best she can say is "I'll be over in 15 minutes." So it is in a player's interest to try.

Text Tricks

I recently banged a girl whose number I got last year. I texted her occasionally for 9 months; sometimes she wouldn't reply for weeks. She turned down dates with me repeatedly and flaked on me 3 times.

When I finally met her, I banged her that night. Now she calls me wanting to fuck

Good players know when to break social rules and defy social expectations

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

Text Tricks

Quote: (04-12-2013 02:30 PM)MrXY Wrote:  

I recently banged a girl whose number I got last year. I texted her occasionally for 9 months; sometimes she wouldn't reply for weeks. She turned down dates with me repeatedly and flaked on me 3 times.

When I finally met her, I banged her that night. Now she calls me wanting to fuck

Good players know when to break social rules and defy social expectations
That's pure gold XY. I stil have my moments of ego investment especially when a lizard flakes on me repeatedly I tend to forget about her for good and feel like I'm somehow groveling by continuing to contact her from time to time.

Text Tricks

Same here, I recall two instances where the girl would flake or not respond for months, and when I finally got her out on a date, that's all it took. Bang on first date.

Jimmy V that shit, don't ever give up.