rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Should I from time to time delete and renew my Couchsurfing profile?

Hey guys!

A problem I see with CS is that, as I host more and more girls at my place (and am unwilling to host guys or couples), my profile becomes full of great references of these sluts saying how great you are.

In my case, they say stuff like "hey, frank is so cool, we went out at night, we drank lots of mojitos, we danced, it was so cool...", or "it was really an unforgetable weekend, could not have been better"... It's crazy, the general tone completely suggests that I am banging more than 50% of the girls who posted references.

And after you have some 15 reviews in your profile, I think there might exist a risk that other girls do not accept anymore to stay at your place, since - even if they could consider to have sex with you -they immediately see that you're interested in that when analysing your profile, which is... unsexy! I have more girls now than before doing shit-tests such as "why do you always host girls", and stuff like that - there are always answers to these stupid questions, but they already show that the girl is not so receptive as she should.

So I would like to know your opinion about this. Should we from time to time delete our profile and create a new one, in order to avoid this risk? Because I'm really not so eager to host guys just in order to have a "clean" profile... I don't have time nor patience for that shit!

The downside is that you lose all your references, but who cares, when I started with CS, after some weeks and a couple of references I was already rolling...

Simple: host guys every now and then too. Guys can be very good value, but I'm sure you know that already ;-)

Quote: (04-03-2013 07:36 AM)tiggaling Wrote:  

Simple: host guys every now and then too. Guys can be very good value, but I'm sure you know that already ;-)

good value for what? I already have friends to go out with me when I need wingmen... and there's always the risk that the guy is gay and things become a bit embarassing for both when he tries a move.

no.

I am the cock carousel

Quote: (04-03-2013 06:25 AM)Frank Mackey Wrote:  

Hey guys!

A problem I see with CS is that, as I host more and more girls at my place (and am unwilling to host guys or couples), my profile becomes full of great references of these sluts saying how great you are.

In my case, they say stuff like "hey, frank is so cool, we went out at night, we drank lots of mojitos, we danced, it was so cool...", or "it was really an unforgetable weekend, could not have been better"... It's crazy, the general tone completely suggests that I am banging more than 50% of the girls who posted references.

And after you have some 15 reviews in your profile, I think there might exist a risk that other girls do not accept anymore to stay at your place, since - even if they could consider to have sex with you -they immediately see that you're interested in that when analysing your profile, which is... unsexy! I have more girls now than before doing shit-tests such as "why do you always host girls", and stuff like that - there are always answers to these stupid questions, but they already show that the girl is not so receptive as she should.

So I would like to know your opinion about this. Should we from time to time delete our profile and create a new one, in order to avoid this risk? Because I'm really not so eager to host guys just in order to have a "clean" profile... I don't have time nor patience for that shit!

The downside is that you lose all your references, but who cares, when I started with CS, after some weeks and a couple of references I was already rolling...

Why dont you just pretend your hosting guys too? Get some of your real life friends or cool guys you already know from cs to send you a couch request, even better if u live in different cities. Then you can do it for them too.

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

You don’t need to host guys. You and I, and all the other forum members can just recommend each other. By the time we’re done, you’ll have 90 percent male recommendations. Do it through PM. Get your guy friends to create profiles too, or even create fake profiles every now and then if you like.

Exchange references with repped members here.

No! No! A thousand times no!!!

Have you hosted any of your male buddies in the past, say, 20 years?? If so, then convince them to join CS, add them to your friendlist, and recommend each other. This is great, because your male buddies are your best friends, and you trust them more than you trust some hippie chick you hosted for 1 night, which means that your male buddies will be at the top of your friendlist. By default, only 10 friends are shown on your profile, though someone visiting your profile can see the whole list with one mouseclick.

So, a girl who is considering surfing your couch happens to visit your profile, and 8 of your 10 top friends are male. She checks your list of recommendations, and she sees plenty of males recommending you. Your photo album contains a few photos of you and your male buddies surfing, hiking, rock climbing, or some outdoorsy stuff. She does not have the time to read your profile in detail, but you raise no red flags, so you're fine. You are flying under the chick's "creepdar", so to speak.

Some further advice:
  • Do not post any topless photos of you in your profile. That signals that you use CS to hook up. If you want to post photos of your body, do post photos of you at the beach, since men at the beach are usually topless. You can thus flaunt your marvelous six-pack without looking too suspicious. Girls on CS tend to choose sexy male hosts, contrary to their claims, but they want to be in the comfortable position of deciding whether to hookup or not. They want safety and sexiness.
  • Gain the trust of this forum's members. Then you will be in a position to request other members to recommend and vouch for you. Once you have 3 vouches, you can start vouching for your homies, and they can vouch for you. It's a giant circle-jerk, but if that's what takes to build credibility, so be it.
  • Organize CS meetings in your city. Get the city ambassadors to recommend and vouch for you. That way, in case anything goes horribly wrong with one of your guests, you have "friends" in high places who can support you.
  • Once you pass the magic barrier of 100 friends, and 50 references, you will start receiving couch requests from girls traveling alone. You have paid your dues, now reap the rewards. You earned it.

"The great secret of happiness in love is to be glad that the other fellow married her." – H.L. Mencken

What the fuck @ 2 things:

- no, do not ask for references from friends that are NEW to CS or fellow RVFers unless they have a solid profile. Getting a bunch of references from scanty profiles with 2 references and 20 views looks shady as hell, and people can call out fakes.

- no, do not delete your profile. By having lots of chicks leave references on your profile, you are in essence attracting all girls that want dick. Learn to love it when girls leave suggestive references for you (i.e. "he'll send you off with a bang" or "he was a wild ride"), as all future potential bangs will see that and ask to surf at your place, while playing dumb when they write it. If they comment on it, use it as an opportunity to throw a funny reply her way.

Yes, I agree that you should host male surfers from time to time. If you space is big enough, i encourage you to host 1 guy + ~3 girls at once (I've only gotten laid from it when leveraging myself).

The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary.
DATASHEETS: Singapore (2014) | Vietnam (2015) | Cebu (2015) | Honolulu (2016) | Couchsurfing (2016) | KS, Taiwan (2018)
BTC: 1MoAetVtsmM48mkRx66Z9gYkBZGzqepGb5

It's crazy, the general tone completely suggests that I am banging more than 50% of the girls who posted references.

How many of them are you banging?

Who cares? Any girl that is going to not stay with you because you host mostly girls is most likely a girl that would give you the "CS is not a dating site" thing if you tried to put a move on her. Think of your profile as being a way to filter those girls out. Many girls will see it as a positive that you have all these great references from girls. They're not all prudes.

Quote: (04-04-2013 12:36 AM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Who cares? Any girl that is going to not stay with you because you host mostly girls is most likely a girl that would give you the "CS is not a dating site" thing if you tried to put a move on her. Think of your profile as being a way to filter those girls out. Many girls will see it as a positive that you have all these great references from girls. They're not all prudes.

I understand your point but I'm not sure about it... At some kind of subconscious level they want to be banged... But on the other hand, when they look at my profile they don't want it to be so obvious that I have already banged other girls, since that makes them feel "cheap". So I would prefer to keep the girls references intermingled with normal dudes' references saying "how cool that guy was, he hosted me, we did some surf and went out with his other fellows".

Quote: (04-03-2013 11:57 PM)Lazarus Wrote:  

It's crazy, the general tone completely suggests that I am banging more than 50% of the girls who posted references.

How many of them are you banging?

If I'm only counting the ones I wanted to bang (some of them later reveal to be ugly or not interesting in some way), I believe the ratio should be around 60%.

I am a busy guy (normal job, long hours working sometimes, want to spend time with friends as well...) so, as you would say in boxing, I only choose the matches where I know I can win[Image: wink.gif]

That means:

- Only hosting one girl at a time (it's a whole different strategy when they come in pairs and I don't have much cooperative friends in Lisbon);

- Not choosing girls with a very large amount of references (professionals of CS who see the network as a routine - and for banging, chances are higher with fresh starters);

- And most importantly, I send her my facebook account by saying ("I'm reachable in this phone number ..., and am also always available in facebook in this email ... if you want to reach me there") - if she does not add me to facebook or despite adding me does not initiate a conversation, two days afterwards I cancel the hosting.

PS: of course, if the girl(s) is a 8.5 or 9, there may be exceptions to these rules...

Quote: (04-03-2013 09:08 PM)Icarus Wrote:  

No! No! A thousand times no!!!

Have you hosted any of your male buddies in the past, say, 20 years?? If so, then convince them to join CS, add them to your friendlist, and recommend each other. This is great, because your male buddies are your best friends, and you trust them more than you trust some hippie chick you hosted for 1 night, which means that your male buddies will be at the top of your friendlist. By default, only 10 friends are shown on your profile, though someone visiting your profile can see the whole list with one mouseclick.

So, a girl who is considering surfing your couch happens to visit your profile, and 8 of your 10 top friends are male. She checks your list of recommendations, and she sees plenty of males recommending you. Your photo album contains a few photos of you and your male buddies surfing, hiking, rock climbing, or some outdoorsy stuff. She does not have the time to read your profile in detail, but you raise no red flags, so you're fine. You are flying under the chick's "creepdar", so to speak.

Some further advice:
  • Do not post any topless photos of you in your profile. That signals that you use CS to hook up. If you want to post photos of your body, do post photos of you at the beach, since men at the beach are usually topless. You can thus flaunt your marvelous six-pack without looking too suspicious. Girls on CS tend to choose sexy male hosts, contrary to their claims, but they want to be in the comfortable position of deciding whether to hookup or not. They want safety and sexiness.
  • Gain the trust of this forum's members. Then you will be in a position to request other members to recommend and vouch for you. Once you have 3 vouches, you can start vouching for your homies, and they can vouch for you. It's a giant circle-jerk, but if that's what takes to build credibility, so be it.
  • Organize CS meetings in your city. Get the city ambassadors to recommend and vouch for you. That way, in case anything goes horribly wrong with one of your guests, you have "friends" in high places who can support you.
  • Once you pass the magic barrier of 100 friends, and 50 references, you will start receiving couch requests from girls traveling alone. You have paid your dues, now reap the rewards. You earned it.

Thanks Icarus, I agree with almost everything you said. Unfortunately I am quite a fresher in this forum but hopefully in some months some of you guys will give me some cool references saying that I should win the Peace Nobel prize etc[Image: wink.gif]

I am just not sure about asking friends to join CS and make me a reference... That smells like BS and... It's the same thing with clothes... If you don't have money to buy a nice brand, please also don't by it fake since people notice it and it's worse, ahah[Image: smile.gif]

Your tip about participating in the CS meetings at my town... Yes, I should do that one of these days... But it's mostly geek guys and ugly girls... I am a bit afraid that I'll want to leave as soon as I sit down and start talking to them!! But yes, at least it's just a dinner...

Quote: (04-03-2013 04:24 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Exchange references with repped members here.

Thanks! I will as soon as someone is available for that.

Swap references with Roosh, he has a great reputation on there.

Quote: (04-04-2013 08:15 AM)RioNomad Wrote:  

Swap references with Roosh, he has a great reputation on there.

ahahah[Image: smile.gif] I had the impression they deleted his profile right?

but I am happy to cross-reference with someone here of course, as long as we trust each other.

Hey guys!

Don't change a winning team. If it working then why delete your profile? If it makes you feel better then get a few guy reviews on there. I swapped reviews with a few guys here.

I think your over analyzing the whole profile thing. Unless 9 out of 10 girls ask you dumb questions don't change anything. Pre-selection is your biggest friend on CS. No girl wants to hang out with creepers. If she already reads/sees that you are reviewed by girls and you have a shit ton of cool pictures of you and of you with girls, then there is no problem whatsoever. It also keeps the ones not interested in hooking up away.

PS - I only meet girls for a coffee/drink when I'm traveling myself so I can't give an opinion on hosting girls. Personally I wouldn't do that.

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.

Thanks a lot, guys! This was really helpful.

To sum it up, I'm going to follow your advice and keep my profile. Since I continue to think this is affecting me somehow (I'm receiving less CS requests lately and some girls indeed ask "do you only host girls? why?" and shit like that), I'm going to some CS geek dinners at my town just to get some approval from those guys, and would be happy to get some references from anyone who is interested in the forum. PM me in case you want to do that!

What you can also do is host guys for one night only. There will be tons if guys on the open couch request who never get invites. Tell them you are busy so can take them in one night. have them arrive like at 7pm and they have to be out the next morning. These dudes will be stoked that ANY host offered them even a single night. Go grab a beer or a bite with them somewhere local. Have your friendly chitchat for a few hours of course and be cool. That will be about all the time you spend with him and that'll probably be all you see of him. Leave him a good reference the next day and they'll leave you one. If it's two guys traveling together even better because now you get two references for the same time spent.

This way you get the good reference from a guy without having to spend 3 days with a dude showing him around. He'll be there and gone in less than 24 hours. If the dude turns out to be particular cool or high value you can always let him stay longer. And if he's weird you won't be around him long enough to care.

Quote: (04-04-2013 01:38 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

What you can also do is host guys for one night only. There will be tons if guys on the open couch request who never get invites. Tell them you are busy so can take them in one night. have them arrive like at 7pm and they have to be out the next morning. These dudes will be stoked that ANY host offered them even a single night. Go grab a beer or a bite with them somewhere local. Have your friendly chitchat for a few hours of course and be cool. That will be about all the time you spend with him and that'll probably be all you see of him. Leave him a good reference the next day and they'll leave you one. If it's two guys traveling together even better because now you get two references for the same time spent.

This way you get the good reference from a guy without having to spend 3 days with a dude showing him around. He'll be there and gone in less than 24 hours. If the dude turns out to be particular cool or high value you can always let him stay longer. And if he's weird you won't be around him long enough to care.

Wise advise, indeed. I'm a bit lazy to do this but it's definitely the way[Image: smile.gif] Thanks!

As long your references are positive, don't give a fuck about it. My cs profile has 50 positive references, 90% are from girls. And I continue meeting tons of attractive chicks through this profile.
Also, as more pretty are the girls on your profile, as more you'll have pretty girls accepting to meet you - they wanna feel they match your standard.

Quote: (04-06-2013 09:14 AM)Garzero Wrote:  

As long your references are positive, don't give a fuck about it. My cs profile has 50 positive references, 90% are from girls. And I continue meeting tons of attractive chicks through this profile.
Also, as more pretty are the girls on your profile, as more you'll have pretty girls accepting to meet you - they wanna feel they match your standard.

Completely agree on that. But those 10% are also important in my opinion, eheh[Image: smile.gif]