rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Anybody on aderrall

Anybody on aderrall

Just got my first scrip for it - am very stoked as I hope it will help with my motivation and focus. Anybody have any thoughts or warnings? I have used recreationally in past but this is for real.

Anybody on aderrall

How did you manage to get a prescription?
What was your story?

Anybody on aderrall

Quote: (04-02-2013 11:56 AM)BalkanCynic Wrote:  

How did you manage to get a prescription?
What was your story?

I need a script. It works well for me as I have really bad focus with school. Its extremely pricey to get a script here in Canada past the age of 18.

Anybody on aderrall

Getting "diagnosed" for ADD/ADHD is cake. Just tell doctor you have concentrating and you'll get one, lickety-split, no shit.

Like when I got my weed card in California, I told the doctor I had no desire to eat unless I was stoned.

I was a Ritalin kid, I also took Strattera and Adderall (standard and XR) in a billion different dosages. I know there was a time when I was just barely a teenager taking 30mg of this shit on a daily basis...

My grades were good, and I could get things I wanted to get done, done, but I was really detached from everything else. My appetite would suffer. I was a really shy kid who didn't get out of his shell until I made the decision not to fuck with any of these bullshit ADD/ADHD drugs the way I was.

Having said that, a couple months ago I popped a 20mg of Adderall just to see what it was like. I was up ALL NIGHT cleaning my house, jamming to EDM, and trying to figure out why I had terrible BO that night (it was the Adderall).

At the end of the experience I came to the realisation that there were very specific reasons that I decided, in 2004, that I didn't want this. I was fucking zooted, smelled funky, couldn't socialize as well the next day, and lost my appetite.

Of course, here, we're adults. This was just my experience on that drug. Lots of people seem to love it and have no issues with it, but this wasn't my case. Let it be known that the fact I was instructed to take these drugs from the ages 8-18 probably makes me a little biased toward use of this drug. Don't let me stop you from trying it out - it may be a godsend to you.

Just remember that it is a drug that plays with the chemicals in your brain.

Anybody on aderrall

No, it sucks.

Its cool for the first week or two. Then it sucks. And you'll start the cravings. And it sucks more.

But I guess you gotta go down that road to find out for yourself.

Anybody on aderrall

Let me get this straight, in California you just go to any random doctor, you tell them you have problems concentrating and they'll straight out give it to you? I'm not sure that's how the rest of the world operates.

Anybody on aderrall

Quote: (04-02-2013 12:24 PM)guerrilla Wrote:  

No, it sucks.

Its cool for the first week or two. Then it sucks. And you'll start the cravings. And it sucks more.

But I guess you gotta go down that road to find out for yourself.

I pretty much agree with this. I used to take it recreationally and ended up bullshitting my way into a script a few years ago. Slowly had my dose upped from 10mg to 30mg over a span of about a year. It seemed with me, I grew a tolerance very fast. Eventually I stopped seeing any benefits with focus, ability to work with little sleep, or even the curbed appetite (if thats appealing to you). On the flip side, I would feel like CRAP if I didn't have it.

Ended up finding some people willing to pay a dollar a mg for the pills, so I just started selling them and make a few hundred bucks off the entire script. Got tired of having to go to the doctor every month to re-up (They wouldn't write the script unless I came in to be evaluated monthly, which was just a way for them to make money)... haven't taken it in a year or so.

Even when I did feel the effects, I would often get derailed from what I wanted to work on, and would focus on stupid shit for hours on end.

I can't hate, because I did the exact same thing you did, but the novelty does seem to wear off pretty quickly. It has it's purposes, though. The XR is much better than the IR for effects, so if you're not on XR, tell your doc the effects seem to wear off too quickly.

Anybody on aderrall

This is a very personal choice. I got offered stuff when I was in high school and university by doctors.

I was always of the opinion that I wanted to "stay me" whatever that meant.

Sure, there have only been five classes in my history as a student that I was able to do more than 10% of the reading for. Probably two where I did 80% or more.

But despite having trouble concentrating, I considered the ways that this affected my personality as being crucial to my sense of "self." I didn't want to become something different because of a drug.

I'll never regret it. I eventually developed the skills needed to do comfortably in school C's in the very difficult courses with very challenging professors and A's & B's in anything more average in difficulty.

Having the challenges that I did forced me to learn how to compensate in my own way, by develop skills that most people do NOT have. I can hyper-focus on command when something matters to me.

Also, would have never been able to travel the way that I have if I was on meds. Its really hard to get more than a three month supply and crossing borders with meds can be a dicy affair, depending on what you're carrying.

I can't blame anyone for choosing to take ADD/ADHD meds, and who knows? If I had made the decision to get a script earlier in life, perhaps I would be glad I did today. But as it stands, I have no regrets.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Anybody on aderrall

Quote: (04-02-2013 12:45 PM)BalkanCynic Wrote:  

Let me get this straight, in California you just go to any random doctor, you tell them you have problems concentrating and they'll straight out give it to you? I'm not sure that's how the rest of the world operates.

When I mentioned California, I was talking about picking up a Doctor's Recommendation for medicinal marijuana. Roll in, have a chat, pay some money, get the access.

Now I haven't picked up a script for Adderall since I was 18, but I know several people (college students) who would just go to the campus doc, have a chat with them, and walk out with a script for ADD/ADHD meds after "deciding" that they would prove to be beneficial to the user.

When I was diagnosed as a lil' kid, there were a bunch of tests I took in a psych's office, in addition to recommendations from teachers that it would be a good idea because I was a hyperactive student.

I was just a bored kid, whose teachers recognised that I had a capacity beyond what I'd do in school.

Now like you, I don't know that the rest of the world operates like that, or if any of it still does, but this is what I have experienced/heard in my short time on this earth. But in corporate America, where money is everything and prescription medication is big $$$... it shouldn't be so surprising.

Anybody on aderrall

vyvanse is 200000000x better and "smoother"

Anybody on aderrall

I was on it for years, on and off other antidepressants when my parents seperated. Adderall seemed to be the thing that worked, it really helped me get motivated for class/grades, and fitness (this was HS).

Then in college I went off of it, struggled and then took official tests for it and was diagnosed with it mildly/moderately. I went back on it and finished out. It wasn't till college that I really realized what it was like/felt like being on it. It is a DRUG for a reason. Now personally, since leaving school I went off of it to get the hell off a drug. If if I ever wouldn't take it for a couple days, I would get EXTREMELY depressed. It was PAINFUL. Im pretty sure I was chemically addicted to it at this point, but when I got through those days it was great to be off of it because my zany humor came back to me (I want to do improve in the next year or so).

So while it did help me get motivated, I busted my ass in the gym and do good across different subjects in school-be ABSOLUTELY careful what you wish for. I think its ok within reason and for some people, but at the same time it is a COMPLETELY overdiagnosed thing and politically I find it COMPLETE bullshit how much of my generation is on it as a drug and what that means about American society as well-but again...that's me.

Just again, understand it is a drug and if you're not careful with it-it is EASY to get chemically addicted to. It made me sweat like a mofo.... but it also makes you feel like damn Tony Stark building an Iron Man Suit.

[Image: mindblown.gif][Image: mindblown.gif]

(That's what it can feel like)

Anybody on aderrall

delete

Anybody on aderrall

I would only take it when I needed it : homework assignment due, need to clean up my house, study for a test etc... If you take it once or twice a week there are no effects beside positive ones.
It wasn't easy to get a Rx but eventually I found a doctor.
This stuff is illegal in Europe as far as I know.

Anybody on aderrall

Delete.

Anybody on aderrall

Quote: (04-02-2013 02:27 PM)the chef Wrote:  

vyvanse is 200000000x better and "smoother"

Vyvanse is what they must have based the movie "Limitless" off of.

Anybody on aderrall

Quote: (04-02-2013 12:45 PM)BalkanCynic Wrote:  

It's not just California. Pain meds are harder to get because they're at 'epidemic status' in America, but ADD and anti-anxiety meds are easy as shit to get. There are forums dedicated to just about every ailment, disease, whatever... out there. If you dig deep enough you can find forums where certain clinics/doctors actually post on, kind of discreetly advertising in a "hey guys, anyone in in the Tri-State area use Dr. Pillpusher? I just came back from him and he is very understanding..." way. It really isn't that hard, especially if you're an adult with money.

Anyway, just my personal opinion but unless you need it, I'd stay away from Adderall. If you're looking for it to give you that extra boost you need to start hitting those super-human bradly cooper in limitless type of levels, god bless you. I went down that road and it only worked for so long. When it did work, it was great, but it slowly turned me into a nut case who was walking down the street praying that someone would bump into me so I could take their heads off. Any sudden movement or noise from anything would set me off. I just didn't like who I was on it. Also after a while I was getting shit workouts on it to the point where I didn't even feel like working out. The novelty of having that laser like focus wears off after a while. But everyone is different. Good luck

Anybody on aderrall

I have taken Adderall on and off for the past year. Here are my experiences.

- When i first got on it, I felt like nothing could stop me. Despite having decent focus and doing good in school taking addie for the first time, i'd say was one of THE best experiences in my life.

It was like i took a mental shower & my brain was crystal clear, i was up for 10 hours cleaning my room, finishing assignments , sending emails, listening to music and enjoying it better . Confidence was shot through the roof ! I thought i found the elixir of life.

- If you are a smoker, it makes you want to smoke more I smoke a pack of cigarettes a day every time i'm on Adderral.

- It affects my progress in the gym because it annihilates my appetite

- I built resistance to it very very quick , when i did not take it i felt like less of a person.

- I quit taking it daily and cut down to one pill every 2 or 3 weeks or so.

As long as you control your dosages and take it on "special" occasions i think the benefits outweigh the risks by a long shot.

Anybody on aderrall

vyvanse
LEts talk more about it... Whos used it.

"All My Bitches love me....I love all my bitches,
but its like soon as I cum... I come to my senses."

Anybody on aderrall

I read an interview with Jean-Paul Sartre where they discussed his amphetamine use ( not sure what type) during the writing of "A Critique of Dialectical Reason". The interviewer asked if he was worried about damaging his health.

He answered something like "If you create something that lives beyond you, who cares? "

I believe it is consensus that Jack Kerouac was on speed when he wrote On The Road.

If it gives you that burst to go beyond what you could do otherwise, it might be worth it.

Pope Paul is just as dead as Jack Kerouac. There is ultimately nothing to save up for.

Anybody on aderrall

Consider modafinil as well. Perceived as less harmful than adhd meds.

Anybody on aderrall

I love it so far but yesterday was the first time I bumped up to 20 mg (I've been using 5mg or the full 10mg tab on weekdays since making this post). Sucks that my tolerance is building up rather quickly... But aware that 10mg is tiny to most people.

I'm going to start restricting myself to 2-3 days a week max - hopefully to return to where 10mg rocked my shit. I suppose inevitably ill move up to 20mg but want to put it off as long as possible.

Anybody on aderrall

I have taken all of these ADHD meds, also coke speed etc. They are the same thing really but the meds are much cleaner. I would recommend staying away from them period, they are just to addictive. They act on dopamine (reward) and Norepinephrine (hormone- mostly flight or flight). The increase in dopamine levels are what makes you feel good. I did a lot of research and studied these drugs, neurotransmitters etc as I wanted an edge at uni, these drugs will give you a big edge, amphetamines are like steroids for academics.; however, In the end they will fuck with your Norepinephrine levels to much and make you a jittery and nervous mess. And the way i see it give you a false sense of self. You will enjoy things way more sure, i mean if you take a few of these pills in one go you will enjoy watching grass grow; however its just not real, just the increase in the reward nurotransmitter in your brain. Same as when you see a hot chick, dopamine floods the brain, at least that is a natural response, ie a REAL reward.

Anybody on aderrall

Try nootropics. I posted about it in another thread.

Piracetam has been around for more than 40 years and has been proven to work, with minimal side effects.

Anybody on aderrall

Quote: (04-17-2013 06:38 AM)kazz Wrote:  

I have taken all of these ADHD meds, also coke speed etc. They are the same thing really but the meds are much cleaner. I would recommend staying away from them period, they are just to addictive. They act on dopamine (reward) and Norepinephrine (hormone- mostly flight or flight). The increase in dopamine levels are what makes you feel good. I did a lot of research and studied these drugs, neurotransmitters etc as I wanted an edge at uni, these drugs will give you a big edge, amphetamines are like steroids for academics.; however, In the end they will fuck with your Norepinephrine levels to much and make you a jittery and nervous mess. And the way i see it give you a false sense of self. You will enjoy things way more sure, i mean if you take a few of these pills in one go you will enjoy watching grass grow; however its just not real, just the increase in the reward nurotransmitter in your brain. Same as when you see a hot chick, dopamine floods the brain, at least that is a natural response, ie a REAL reward.

Great post. But you only realize the illusion of meds by going too far [Image: wink.gif]

Anybody on aderrall

I have a ritalin pill somewhere. I've never tried it. I'm gonna take it one day and write a review.