rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Exotic scuba trips?

Exotic scuba trips?

Any fellow divers on here? Looking for good place to scuba dive besides Caribbean that has good scuba and hot women.

Exotic scuba trips?

mediterranean

maltese islands

australia/new zealand

Exotic scuba trips?

Hawaii blows the parts of the Caribbean I've been to away. Maui has a crater off the coast, Molokini Crater, the best snorkeling (I've never scuba, but you can there) I've ever done. Then again, I'm no expert, but it was nice. I saw a shark, octopus, eels, and all sorts of crazy colorful fish.

Exotic scuba trips?

what certification do you have?

I am the cock carousel

Exotic scuba trips?

Philippines is a great place to dive and quite possibly the easiest place to get laid in the world, I wouldn't say they're the hottest women, I guess it depends on your tastes.

The diving is excellent, by far the best spot I dove was in Coron where they have the WWII Japanese war ships, swimming through those boats (they call them "full penetration dives" haha) was one of the best experiences of my life.

I've dove the following sites in the Philippines: Malapascua, Apo Island, Puerto Princesa, Coron and I'll hit up a couple of more before I leave at the end of the month.

Costs are reasonable, if you go to the Filipino run dive shops a full day (three dives), equipment, lunch and transport will cost between $45-60.

You're supposed to have your advanced open water, which I have, but TIP (This Is Philippines), if you only have your open water, they don't give a shit and you can still go past 18M or into wrecks, caves, etc.

Exotic scuba trips?

I lived in a place called port douglas (aus) for a couple of years some time ago, not to far from the great barrier reef, pretty fun happening small town right on the beach HEAPS of backpackers and internationals holiday working there. Many many euro girls there, they love to sun bake topless i used to love my leisurely strolls along the beach. The block of units i stayed at had had alot of people in and out they used to sunbake and lounge around the pool half naked at all hours, my flat window overlooked the pool,; good times. Its hot all year round day and night, stingers in summer but you are safe on the reef. Great barrier reef is amazing, can be expensive to get out to though.

Exotic scuba trips?

Ningaloo, the other great barrier reef in Australia, 2nd largest in the world, there is no civilisation around.

Exotic scuba trips?

I have an advanced water certificate. Belize and Roatan in Honduras are pretty good. Someday I want to head to Sharm El SHeyk in Egypt to do some diving. I hear the Red Sea is outstanding.

A man is only as faithful as his options-Chris Rock

Exotic scuba trips?

Ras mohammed in sharm and blue hole in dahab both in egypt.

Exotic scuba trips?

Thailand and Indonesia are the best bets for diving + girls.

I think Koh Phi Phi is the best place in the world for a diver who also expect to get some action with girls. The prices are reasonable, the quality is great and, at night, theres the usual bunch of easy europeans.

Gili Islands in Indonesia has excelent dives, very cheap, and the nightlife is OK (not much happening, but you will do great if you have game). Also, loads of drugs available.

I heard good things about Komodo, but I bet it lacks night action.

About Malta: it sucks on diving and it sucks on nightlife (drunk teenagers are not my type). The islands, itself, are beautifull and the architecture is awesome.

Always wanted to dive on the Phillipines and Egypt. I have plans to travel in the near future, maybe Greece + egypt or Thailand+Philly. Both trips mix diving and nightlife.

Exotic scuba trips?

The best dives I ever did where in the Cenotes of the Yucatan Peninsular.

Its cave diving, so you wont see fish, but believe me, it's going to blow your mind. The colors, the haloc-line, the light, the different layers of water, its
amazing, unlike anything you'll find else where.

Basically, you drive to small entry points in the mainland close to Playa del Carmen and enter the cave system. Sometimes, you have to literally jump into the water from as high as 5m with your equipment on...

It's a little more expensive than open water dives, but it's worth it.

I dived with this guy http://www.cenoteadventures.com/index.asp?LID=en and was pretty pleased.

If you are afraid of secluded spaces, you should skip this one, though, because on occasions, you'll squeeze your ass through very narrow passages...

Exotic scuba trips?

Although I have not dived there, an experienced diver I dived with in the Phils told me that Oman has some of the best diving in the world; untouched reefs with incredible density of marine life.

I snorkled in Dahab but had friends who went diving there; they said it was amazing. Dahab is a sea side touristy town that will gets a lot of backpacker traffic, so you can probably smash some Aussie/Kiwi/Brit if you're into it.

Exotic scuba trips?

BoiBoi sounds awesome, but I don't think I'd do it. I'm paranoid even going through fairly open wrecks because I keep thinking I'll bump something and shear off my reg.

Exotic scuba trips?

Quote: (04-03-2013 02:57 PM)Menace Wrote:  

BoiBoi sounds awesome, but I don't think I'd do it. I'm paranoid even going through fairly open wrecks because I keep thinking I'll bump something and shear off my reg.

Diving in dark narrow caves and tunnels seems kinda risky and if you don't follow the guide it will be, but it is actually pretty safe, since for the most part, you dont descend too deep.

Obviously, if you get lost in the system you are fucked, hence they put up some signs (not my pic):

[Image: Dos%20Ojos%20Cenote.JPG]

I highly recommend it to any diver who has sufficient experience and buoyancy control.

Exotic scuba trips?

+1 for the Cenote dives, did the haloclyne was like 30 meters or soon Open Water,, didn't have advanced at the time, but again if you're not a retard you'll be fine. Next one was around a maybe 300m bend through the limestone, like a cave, seemed like only one way to go, but there were little air pockets and was amazing.

Just came back from Komodo national park in Indo here, Labuan Bajo (nearest town with airport) is not much for women(mind you was low season), but between that and the park with dragons on Rinca, absolutely worth a visit.

I want to see more of the diving and gaming here but I work here so generally try and get out once I get a chance.

Exotic scuba trips?

I have advanced open water certification and have been diving to Dominican Republic which was great for women and diving and dirt cheap.
Southeast Asia sounds like the right ticket for both poon and scuba for me. What about cold water diving in the Black Sea near Russia and Ukraine? I have a drysuit and can dive cold water as well.

Exotic scuba trips?

Quote: (04-13-2013 12:14 PM)scubapilot Wrote:  

I have advanced open water certification and have been diving to Dominican Republic which was great for women and diving and dirt cheap.
Southeast Asia sounds like the right ticket for both poon and scuba for me. What about cold water diving in the Black Sea near Russia and Ukraine? I have a drysuit and can dive cold water as well.

Not sure about the Black Sea but if you want to put your dry suit to use and dive one of the best cold water spots in the world, check out Vancouver Island in Canada: http://www.hellobc.com/vancouver-island/...iving.aspx

Personally I never dove there but look forward to doing so, even the famous Jacques Cousteau described the place as "‘the best temperate water diving in the world and second only to the Red Sea’: http://bcadayatatime.com/2011/03/02/10135/

Exotic scuba trips?

Thread bump, I"m planning to do some diving over the next couple of months, both tropical and cold water. I recently picked up a dry suit and want to get into it soon but I haven't gone diving much over the past couple of years so want to get back into the swing of things by doing some tropical dives in a wet suit first. I'm planning on hitting up Cozumel in Mexico first then Vancouver Island in Canada and hopefully Iceland after, here's what I'm thinking:

Cozumel: I'm planning on flying to Cancun in about ten days and spending about 3-4 days in Cozumel to do lots of diving and improving my skills. I'll spend a couple of days in Playa del Carmen to party and will be chilling and drinking in Cozumel the entire time. Last fall I dived with a shop out of PDC and went cave diving, it was a great experence, the caves were amazing and it really tested my skills as a diver. The down side was that it was quite expensive for the two dives, something like $150 USD, over in Cozumer I can do reef dives for half of that.

Vancouver Island: Before heading to Mexico, I'll drive to Vancouver and leave my car there for the time that I'm gone. Once I fly back, I'll drive to the northern part of the island with my dry suit and do a few days there. Since making the above post, I went diving there and although it was awesome, it was very challenging and I decided to skip out on my second dive. Really, the thing that killed it for me was the fact that I was the only one out of the six person dive group that didn't have a dry suit, I wore a 7mm wet suit that the dive shop rented me and it was way too cold in the water. Now that I have the dry suit, the cold water won't be a problem but having dived in a dry suit once, I know that they take getting used to. Also, the currents off of Vancouver Island were the strongest I've ever been in and that really takes a lot out of a diver, its very challenging and something that I've never experienced in tropical waters.

Iceland: There's some epic diving over there between continental plates and volcanic sea bottoms, I'm thinking a doing a 5-7 day trip there to party and dive.

If any fellow divers out there want to join me on any of these trips, just let me know, they should be a pretty fun time.

Exotic scuba trips?

I'm not getting in the water much at the moment, but all of my favourite spots have been around Thailand. The Similan islands in particular are absolutely stunning, and offer a good range of sites as well as opportunities to see various pelagics (manta rays, in particular - if you haven't dived with them I can't recommend it highly enough - the first time brought tears to my eyes).

As the Similans are a protected marine park, you need to get a liveaboard dive boat to take you there - another amazing experience. 4-5 dives a day, all the food you could possibly eat (usually a good range of SE Asian and western cuisine) and there's usually a cool crowd on board with good opportunities to get laid (though privacy can be an issue). I haven't been on a liveaboard for a while, but if anyone would like some recommendations of decent providers just give me a shout.

Edit: Scotian, I meant to add your plans sound awesome. Iceland in particular should be incredible. I'm out of the water for the time being (due to non-scuba related work) but I'd be very interested in hearing about the Icelandic spots you visit.

Exotic scuba trips?

I dove Ras Mohammed off the coast of Sharm el Sheikh, Egypt and it was unforgettable.

Koh Tao, Thailand's diving is forgettable. Poor visibility and beat to shit reefs. Surfacing an hour after sunset with the dive masters throwing beers at us from the boat goes down in my own personal travel history though. Great people and a great trip.

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

Exotic scuba trips?

Bump,

I am looking into a trip next year for a liveaboard. Havent fully decided, but would like to try something outside the Carribbean. Looking into maybe Thailand out of Phuket. It has a really nice balance of price and flights.

Anyone dove this area?

Exotic scuba trips?

So I didn't get to go on my dive trips tgat I planned abouve because life threw me a few curve balls this year. I am planning on doing some diving in the Colombia islands of San Andres and Providencia (flights already booked), I'll be there from February 1-8.

Exotic scuba trips?

I booked a trip to Sipapan in Malaysia.

Supposed to be one of the very best experiences in the world. Only 100 or so divers allowed per day and you're only guaranteed one day of diving if you stay 4/5 days. They have muck diving there as well.

A man is only as faithful as his options-Chris Rock

Exotic scuba trips?

Eilat, Israel.