rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

When the coversation goes dead

Over the weekend, I had two different occasions that this happened prior to the 30 minute mark. When the awkward silence came my mind went blank. I walked away from both those girls without saying anything knowing I messed up. Any advice for how to work on this?

Throw out a question?

I used to have this problem. I found that if I just stood there and didn't try to think of something to say I either thought of a funny non sequitur or the girl would come up with something to carry the conversation. Trying too hard to think of something has always backfired for me personally.

Escalate!! Try hand massage, palm-reading, brushing her hair and give her powerful eye contact, and if she reacts positively go in for the kiss.
After that she will be in a sexual state, so you can then ask her about the thing that she loves to do most.

Overthinking has always been my biggest problem, but in this case I just freeze. She says nothing and I say nothing. No threads to go on from the previous conversation and no random question to ask. Escalating in these situations wasn't possible due to the environment. Is it just best to walk away like I did when this happens?

I keep a few questions, stories, and routines memorized, ready to pull out if there's an awkward lull in the conversation that lasts more than a few seconds and I can't use anything situational to restart things. Pauses are normal and you don't have to be talking constantly, but it's good to have a few go-to options on the back burner in case things stagnate. Ideally though, you don't want to be just chatting, the conversation should move forward and have an ultimate goal of either escalation or contact info, depending on circumstances. If there's a pause and you have nothing else to say, you can go for the contact info and try to make something of it later, before *she* realizes that the awkward pause was the effective end of the conversation. Bail while you're ahead, and hopefully you've built enough attraction that she'll want to get together later.

look up WAFFLE link in my sig

You're not there to entertain them. You're out to entertain yourself.

Team Nachos

Tell them about soccer.Sth the girls find irritating and boring.They like the tension you create by having the guts to talk about sth not for ladies.

I have three go-to topics whenever I can think of nothing. They are in this order -

-The joy of puppies
-Rugby
-Getting drunk or smoking cigarettes

I just throw these out (usually puppies if the conversation died because it was an uncomfortable topic) as animated as possible and people usually jump on it.

Quote: (03-25-2013 08:28 AM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

You're not there to entertain them. You're out to entertain yourself.

^^^^ This. Enjoy the Uncomfortable Silences, let the girl get uncomfortable and come up with something every once in a while

"You can not fake good kids" - Mike Pence

You don't always have to talk when there's silence. 30 minutes is a fucking long time, enjoy the silence, I do.

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

In what context are you talking to these girls for 30 minutes? Are these cold approaches or set dates?

When I'm working a room, I tend to have many little conversations. I find something to talk about and run with it. When it dies, I introduce myself, and keep it moving. Eventually, I'll find my way back to her and start it up again, this time with the intention of closing.

If it's a set date, marinate in the silence. Make eye contact with her. If you are doing it right, she will tilt her head down and look up at you like a shy little girl. I bet your gut is telling you to go for it, but your mind stops you.

Do you smoke? It's like a mini venue change.

Edit: Have to post this because of bojangles' enjoy the silence comment

10/14/15: The day I learned that convicted terrorists are treated with more human dignity than veterans.

Quote: (03-26-2013 06:26 PM)teh_skeeze Wrote:  

In what context are you talking to these girls for 30 minutes? Are these cold approaches or set dates?

When I'm working a room, I tend to have many little conversations. I find something to talk about and run with it. When it dies, I introduce myself, and keep it moving. Eventually, I'll find my way back to her and start it up again, this time with the intention of closing.

If it's a set date, marinate in the silence. Make eye contact with her. If you are doing it right, she will tilt her head down and look up at you like a shy little girl. I bet your gut is telling you to go for it, but your mind stops you.

Do you smoke? It's like a mini venue change.

Edit: Have to post this because of bojangles' enjoy the silence comment

I like this, usually if there is ever an awkward silence I just take it that we arent really vibing! IT should take no effort at all to have a conversation. Usually if the girls likes you, she'll be dying to keep the convo going, and youll be thinking "damn she talks a lot!" so yeah, just chill and enjoy the moment, if nothing happens speaking wise, meh wait for the next girl to talk to, I have realized that if you try to hard to have a conversation, it makes the interaction worse, and her impression/desire to see you dims(or wasnt there in the first place!)

Isaiah 4:1