rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How Red Pill Is Your Family?

After reading about Roosh's family drama over his life choices and some other mentions on the thread, I am wondering what the mindset of your family is life re: red pill topics.

I come from an upper-middle class family. Both my parents are immigrants, but speak English as a first language. My Dad has traveled the world - and banged a lot of women along the way, as both him and my Mom have boasted about to my brother and I on a few occasional. My Mom had a full ride to University for an academic scholarship and gave up a good career to be a stay at home Mom. My Dad definitely runs the show at home, but my Mom is his intellectual equal, even if she as more emotional.

They have always encouraged me to shun the traditional doctor/lawyer/accountant path and do what I want. My Dad has always been about the money, but he never pushed me to be a professional. When I sent them the RooshV article on Toronto women, they both found it funny and I think it gave them a better picture of what I'm dealing with as a single man. I heard none of the "that's racist/sexist" claptrap that so many other women were spewing. I also found it ironic since my Dad is originally from a majority black country and grew up and mixed with the mostly black people in his town.

I feel fortunate to come from a loving, stable, still married family that is forward thinking enough to shun the blue pill PC culture, but I know this isn't always the case.

Quote: (03-23-2013 11:48 PM)Donnington93 Wrote:  

After reading about Roosh's family drama over his life choices and some other mentions on the thread, I am wondering what the mindset of your family is life re: red pill topics.

I come from an upper-middle class family. Both my parents are immigrants, but speak English as a first language. My Dad has traveled the world - and banged a lot of women along the way, as both him and my Mom have boasted about to my brother and I on a few occasional. My Mom had a full ride to University for an academic scholarship and gave up a good career to be a stay at home Mom. My Dad definitely runs the show at home, but my Mom is his intellectual equal, even if she as more emotional.

They have always encouraged me to shun the traditional doctor/lawyer/accountant path and do what I want. My Dad has always been about the money, but he never pushed me to be a professional. When I sent them the RooshV article on Toronto women, they both found it funny and I think it gave them a better picture of what I'm dealing with as a single man. I heard none of the "that's racist/sexist" claptrap that so many other women were spewing. I also found it ironic since my Dad is originally from a majority black country and grew up and mixed with the mostly black people in his town.

I feel fortunate to come from a loving, stable, still married family that is forward thinking enough to shun the blue pill PC culture, but I know this isn't always the case.

Most people of any stature have backgrounds similar to yours. Not all, but most. Single mothers give their children a bad lot in life without giving them a good foundation to go forth and prosper from. That's whats so insidious about feminism. It creates misery in society on the personal and community level. It's also unable to support itself, which, is why our nation is in decline.

I come from a similar background and have been UP and DOWN in life. Here's some non-pc advice you need you little spoiled brat. (wink)

-You need to be meaner and more selfish. I'm not saying be a jerk and be negative, I'm saying coming from a prosperous background puts you at a disadvantage to those who really had to work for it and who are hungrier than shit and who have been through the wringer before. Life as a man is competition and riding on the backs of family members accomplishments ain't going to cut it. You gotta take it.

-You need to forget about ever taking a woman seriously, ever. Forever and ever and ever.

-"better picture of what I'm dealing with as a single man." This is fucking loser talk. You think your dealing with shit? What about the people sent to the gulags? Jews in 1939 poland? Native Americans on the trail of tears? Guys locked up for 8 years at 27 for a crime they didn't commit? (My best friend, though I think he did it haha)
Look, get yours and then date some fine ass europeans. Don't worry about these Anglo chicks. After going Warsaw Pact you never go back.

Start being more productive, stop wasting time whining, and go get yours you upper middle class fuck.

Quote: (03-24-2013 12:31 AM)KorbenDallas Wrote:  

-"better picture of what I'm dealing with as a single man." This is fucking loser talk.

Start being more productive, stop wasting time whining, and go get yours you upper middle class fuck.

I graduated college debt free and turned a useless degree into the exact job I wanted. I'm talking about family upbringing, not soliciting advice from people who can barely string a coherent thought together. No hands outs. I am my own man.

Quote: (03-24-2013 12:54 AM)Donnington93 Wrote:  

-"better picture of what I'm dealing with as a single man." This is fucking loser talk.

I graduated college debt free and turned a useless degree into the exact job I wanted. I'm talking about family upbringing, not soliciting advice from people who can barely string a coherent thought together. No hands outs. I am my own man.

Both of you are being ridiculous.

Donnington please don't bring this kind of condescending attitude to this forum. It's rude.

People's parents who are in the 50+ age range really don't realize how dating is different now. They have expectations of us that would be more practical in their time at our age than in our time now. It's the standard informing old people how it's like in the present in all parts. Father is about me investing my savings in the standard 'building wealth in the 90s' type bull crap script now. I know he means well, but times are different.

Quote: (03-24-2013 02:10 AM)malc Wrote:  

People's parents who are in the 50+ age range really don't realize how dating is different now. They have expectations of us that would be more practical in their time at our age than in our time now. It's the standard informing old people how it's like in the present in all parts. Father is about me investing my savings in the standard 'building wealth in the 90s' type bull crap script now. I know he means well, but times are different.

Agreed. My dad is pretty red pill (and a natural in his own right). However, his wife's father is quite blue pill and mentally stuck in the 1950s version of dating.

He asks me, "why don't you have a girlfriend? You are a killer catch - young, great job, nice car, etc". I try to let him know that none of that means anything in 2013, but he doesn't seem to get it. So yeah, don't listen to people who grew up when females were reasonable.

My great Greek uncle : " how's you wife? She happy she marry you?" that was his catch phrase he asked everyone he talked to every time you see him also the only sentence he knew in English

My Dad is red pill. 33 years British Navy. Takes zero shit from anyone. His wife (my step-mom) 10 years younger, Italian. Very traditional.
I looked up to him all of my life and aspire to accomplish as much as he's done in his 1st 62 years of life. Never has bullshitted me once. Told it to me straight since i can remember.
My dad thinks it good that I'm not married or have any kids. I'm not ready to settle down but my mom is always asking if I'm gonna marry a black girl and when is she gonna see some grand kids.
When i was younger he would catch me with different girls when i was in grade school. Never gave me much shit other than the set a good example for your younger brother and wear a condom.
I don't think he ever told my step-mom once.
I'm fairly sure he was a player when he was my age. Would never admit to it in mixed company.
No surprise he didn't want gays or women in his unit having his back.
"Some people are suited for fighting and some aren't..."

My mom on the other hand is blue pill with a crazy dose of super strong hamster.
The woman had the nerve to tell me that if i don't break up with my gf(white and I'm black) that she would stop speaking with me and cut me off.
I replied "Is that all it took to shut you up?"
Would always get on my case about behaving in school and being nice to girls etc...

My parents are purple pill. Dad leans alpha, Mom was a housewife for 20 years. I'm almost 29 and not married, they don't seem too concerned. I don't think they'd approve of a full blown player lifestyle though. Maybe my Dad would, at least for a while.

When I tell my Mom about my long term travel plans she's scared I'll bring home a foreign bride who will run away with my money and (future) children. She doesn't realize American brides are twice as likely to do that (and she was kind of one of them).

For what it's worth, I was having a red-pill discussion with my dad's wife recently, and I was ranting (as I am apt to do), and usually she will just brush it aside. But I think I cracked the exterior the other day, when I was talking about how it's okay for both sexes to have preferences. By pointing out the "fat acceptance" movement, and how it's a trick for fat girls to try and change the biological attraction guys have for thin women, she almost let out an inch of agreement:

"Yeah, that is true. Why is it that only fat girls try to convince people that body image doesn't matter? Fat guys doing the same thing would get laughed at. It's bullshit."

Wars are made up of many small, but important, battles.

I have a few aunts and uncles on my dad's side who never married, back in the day they were considered spinsters and confirmed bachelors (or suspected queers). One who comes to mind is my recently deceased great uncle who ran an antique shop in cape Breton during the warmer months, when the cold came around, he lived in a hotel in Fort Lauderdale, florida from the late 60's until he died last year at the age of 84. There's a good chance I will follow in my uncle's foot steps.

You are fortunate, indeed. Remarkable, i'd say. Most parents w/ a traditional setup can't comprehend the issues this generation of men face.

You think your dealing with shit? What about the people sent to the gulags? Jews in 1939 poland?

While that is all true and I certainly wouldn't trade places with any of them, there is a certain irony in the fact that the ONE thing an 18th century slave or 20th century victim of tyranny could typically count on: Coming home to a wife who wouldn't (couldn't) steal half his stuff, and children who were almost certainly his, in a household where HE was the undisputed head of the household. I have a lot more wealth, a lot more freedom, and a cornucopia of poosy...but i'll never have those things in a feminized western country. Thanks, Femskanks[Image: angry.gif]

They don't have a clue about game or the sexual market, but they're not feminists. I don't think it's a flaw, they're just from a different time when awareness of such things wasn't needed. Both my mom and dad agree with over half of what I write, and are understanding at least about the other half and acknowledge that it could be that way.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

I try to have red pill conversations with my extended fam on my dad's side (dad split from my mum in 94). Dad's new wife lives a life of blue pill, and it works well for her. She and my dad had two kids in the last four years, so they are happy worrying about that.
My old man will validate many of the issues I bring up, but does not end up adding much. In the presence of his wife and rest of fam, he pretty much keeps quiet with that. He used to slay back in the day though.

My mum has paranoid schizophrenia so I have to watch how deep I get with the red pill stuff. She thinks that men aren't allowed to be men anymore. She grew up in the mid 70s-80s and speaks of a time when the neighborhood was closer and if anything was fucked up, the militia of men would go fix it.

Much of what I learned about women I learned from my dad. Does he do "beta" stuff now and then? Sure, but he's fucked more women than me.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee