rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

She remembers you but you don't remember her

I just want to share an observation that I've made recently. See, I approach hundreds of girls, and I can't possibly remember even 10% of them. Since I always visit the same few venues, there is often some girl who remembers talking to me some weeks earlier, but I have no clue about it (because I've trained by subconscious to erase the bad memories of failed approaches).
Typically they notice me, and show signs of familiarity like open mouthed smile+raised eyebrows, or even say something like "hey you're that guy", "hey we've met before" etc.
I noticed that if I let it transpire that I don't remember who she is, she gets pissed and annoyed, interaction over. She does not think I'm a popular dude who has so much going on, and she does not magically start chasing me just because I totally don't care about her.
The real solution to restart the interaction is this. You're wandering around the pub checking out girls. All of the sudden some girl looks at you and shows signs of familiarity. You have to put on your best smile, with 100% confidence hug her in a friendly way as if you've known her for quite a long time, give the two kisses on the cheeks (we're in France), ask "Hey how have you been?" and steer the interaction away from your last encounter with stuff like "are you with friends?" (hopefully she'll present you to somebody with "Julie, this is.. um.. I don't remember his name, but we've met 3 weeks ago in XYZ pub"). Now you can just switch to gaming her friends, maybe fish out some info about her that you've forgotten (name, occupation). Most importantly, do not, DO NOT show that you've totally forgotten about her

Quote: (03-23-2013 07:25 AM)alphanov Wrote:  

I just want to share an observation that I've made recently. See, I approach hundreds of girls, and I can't possibly remember even 10% of them. Since I always visit the same few venues, there is often some girl who remembers talking to me some weeks earlier, but I have no clue about it (because I've trained by subconscious to erase the bad memories of failed approaches).
Typically they notice me, and show signs of familiarity like open mouthed smile+raised eyebrows, or even say something like "hey you're that guy", "hey we've met before" etc.
I noticed that if I let it transpire that I don't remember who she is, she gets pissed and annoyed, interaction over. She does not think I'm a popular dude who has so much going on, and she does not magically start chasing me just because I totally don't care about her.
The real solution to restart the interaction is this. You're wandering around the pub checking out girls. All of the sudden some girl looks at you and shows signs of familiarity. You have to put on your best smile, with 100% confidence hug her in a friendly way as if you've known her for quite a long time, give the two kisses on the cheeks (we're in France), ask "Hey how have you been?" and steer the interaction away from your last encounter with stuff like "are you with friends?" (hopefully she'll present you to somebody with "Julie, this is.. um.. I don't remember his name, but we've met 3 weeks ago in XYZ pub"). Now you can just switch to gaming her friends, maybe fish out some info about her that you've forgotten (name, occupation). Most importantly, do not, DO NOT show that you've totally forgotten about her

Great post

Quote: (03-23-2013 07:25 AM)alphanov Wrote:  

This stuff sucks so bad.

Quote: (03-23-2013 07:26 PM)DarkTriad Wrote:  

This stuff sucks so bad.

Could you elaborate?
Btw, I've stumbled upon another little trick tonight. I haven't seen that mentioned anywhere, so here's my humble discovery.
You're in the pub all by yourself, approaching girls. Your target asks "are you with friends?" or something along those lines. I've experimented with various responses, but the best one turns out to be "yeah, would you like to meet them?". So far all the girls replied "no no, that's okay", problem solved. Tonight one girl said "sure!!". Now I'm in trouble, because in fact there are no friends. My response: "they're at the other end of the pub, let's go". I take her by the hand and plough through the crowd. She's now isolated from her original cockblocking group, fuck yeah. I then play dumb, huh, they're gone somewhere, I gotta call them, nah, not worth the trouble, hey I like this song, let's dance.

How about "I'm sorry, but I don't remember you".

You can insinuate that you were inebriated or something.

What's so hard about being honest?

Quote: (03-24-2013 01:27 AM)Travelsick Wrote:  

It's not hard, this is the natural and the easiest way to go. I've done it the first 5 times in this situation. I told you what the results are. She gets pissed and doesn't talk to you. If I don't even remember her, probably the first approach was kinda lame, and here you are fucking it up even further.

Quote: (03-24-2013 04:46 AM)alphanov Wrote:  

Quote: (03-24-2013 01:27 AM)Travelsick Wrote:  

It's not hard, this is the natural and the easiest way to go. I've done it the first 5 times in this situation. I told you what the results are. She gets pissed and doesn't talk to you. If I don't even remember her, probably the first approach was kinda lame, and here you are fucking it up even further.

That's French culture. In America, when I cannot remember a girl's name usually it makes them like me more.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Quote: (03-24-2013 10:57 AM)Samseau Wrote:  

That's French culture. In America, when I cannot remember a girl's name usually it makes them like me more.

I sometimes act as if I don't remember her name even when I do. It implies to her that she is lower status than you and you meet a lot of girls and makes you more attractive.

I've noticed they often show a lot more interest in you and start qualifying themselves to you when you do this

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

I'm talking not only about her name, but when you don't have the slightest recollection of her face and no idea how your last encounter went. She's 100% stranger as far as you're concerned.
Picture this situation. A pretty girl notices you in the pub, tells to her friends "hey look, I know that guy! I'm gonna say 'hi'!", she approaches you, and you're like "huh, who are you? sorry, doesn't ring me a bell". Congrats, you've just blown off a pretty chick and humiliated her in front of her friends.
Besides, she was already suspecting that you're a player and not genuinely into her. Now you've cemented that suspicion.

As a matter of fact, nowadays whenever I perceive even a subtle non-verbal sign from a stranger girl that she's interested in me (a little surprise, a smile, a prolonged stare into my eyes, a slight inclination of the head, etc.), I'll go straight for the hug and "hey how have you been". Doesn't matter if we've met before or not, sexual vibe ON straight off the bat.

Weird I disagree with samseau here, If I don't remember her name she gets all pissy and annoyed similar to op. "she thinks she was special"

In addition, that should be a dead giveaway to the stupidity of women in the USA.

You can't remember her name = interaction over.

She can't remember your name = oh it's all good you should be okay with it.

Annoying.

I usually do what the op does smile pretend I know them every time.

To bridge the gap, if you confidently say you don't remember in a happy disarming tone, you can also get her to like you more per sam's post

To each his own.

Quote: (03-24-2013 11:59 AM)alphanov Wrote:  

As a matter of fact, nowadays whenever I perceive even a subtle non-verbal sign from a stranger girl that she's interested in me (a little surprise, a smile, a prolonged stare into my eyes, a slight inclination of the head, etc.), I'll go straight for the hug and "hey how have you been". Doesn't matter if we've met before or not, sexual vibe ON straight off the bat.

Yes, ASSUME ATTRACTION. Core tenet of pickup. Assume warmth and friendliness like you've been best buddies for years. The law of state-transference. She will reciprocate.

Quote: (03-24-2013 02:37 PM)WestCoast Wrote:  

exactly my findings too.

best line to get her name: "Remind me of your name again."

Quote: (03-24-2013 02:37 PM)WestCoast Wrote:  

I have a blessing in disguise here. My actual name is way too hard for most French to pronounce or remember, but I stubbornly keep giving it anyway. Lots of small talk can result out of it. Eventually I lightheartedly forgive them when they forget my name which they always do because it's so hard. Likewise, they're forced to forgive me when I don't remember theirs.

Dude, honestly, if a girl gets bitchy over something like this, you're better off not talking to her. What else is she going to get pissed over?

She's doing you a favour.

Wait, you keep approaching women and you still think there's some magic trick you can do to convince them all to like you?

Gee. Just move on to the next conversation already. If you can't remember her, she's not worth remembering to you, that's just straight up normal human psychology, a person who isn't in tune with regular behaviour shouldn't be for you.

We remember stuff that's memorable to us, above average looking females that smiled at us or were otherwise receptive are usually included in that.

Just put on your broadest smile and say "I don't remember your name chérie". Don't even apologise. If she doesn't like that, she's not digging your swagger and it's not going anywhere anyway.

Quote: (03-25-2013 02:25 PM)Travelsick Wrote:  

Dude, honestly, if a girl gets bitchy over something like this, you're better off not talking to her. What else is she going to get pissed over?

She's doing you a favour.

Wait, you keep approaching women and you still think there's some magic trick you can do to convince them all to like you?

Gee. Just move on to the next conversation already. If you can't remember her, she's not worth remembering to you, that's just straight up normal human psychology, a person who isn't in tune with regular behaviour shouldn't be for you.

We remember stuff that's memorable to us, above average looking females that smiled at us or were otherwise receptive are usually included in that.

Just put on your broadest smile and say "I don't remember your name chérie". Don't even apologise. If she doesn't like that, she's not digging your swagger and it's not going anywhere anyway.

That's what I thought when I started. Maybe you haven't followed my observations in the tough society thread. I'm working hard to earn some social capital, now the interest of my investment starts pouring in (they remember me and want to talk again), and I'm just throwing all that interest away. There was one pretty girl who came running at me with her arms spread ready for the hug "hey you're that guy from XYZ!!!!" and I'm just standing there with my beer like a complete moron "do we know each other?" It's not just the name, I couldn't even remember her face. Later I realized who she was, but by then it was too late.
Come on man, a pretty chick approaches you in the pub, how could it possibly be any easier to pull? And you're telling me to ditch her and go back to zero, great advice

I'm not telling you to ditch her. I'm saying do whatever you want. If she leaves in a huff, her loss.

I will remember a pretty girl. I've got good memory. Maybe you should drink less if you're having a hard time remembering folks?

Quote: (03-25-2013 03:44 PM)Travelsick Wrote:  

I will remember a pretty girl. I've got good memory. Maybe you should drink less if you're having a hard time remembering folks?
I cold approach 10-15 girls per evening, about 50 per week. Three weeks ago translates into 150 approaches. We've probably had a chat for 2-3 min. before she ran back to her friends. I almost always run my standard McDonalds approach scenario, so the first few minutes are nearly identical in many cases. Furthermore, I'm genuinely not giving a shit about her, no matter how pretty, that's why I can't possibly remember her. If I were to carry the memories of hundreds of failed approaches, I would go insane.

So don't. You're saying they're failed approaches. Move on. If she comes to you, let her do the work and win you over. Whatever your problem might be, it's in your head. Just say, oh yes, hi... refresh my memory, where did we meet...

something like that. If a woman goes mental on you for not remembering she's really not worth talking to. Straight up. This is a non-starter. Just because someone remembers you you're not getting return on investment in my book. Raise your standards.

Quote: (03-24-2013 11:24 AM)alphanov Wrote:  

I'm talking not only about her name, but when you don't have the slightest recollection of her face and no idea how your last encounter went. She's 100% stranger as far as you're concerned.
Picture this situation. A pretty girl notices you in the pub, tells to her friends "hey look, I know that guy! I'm gonna say 'hi'!",

As soon as a girl comes over to me and I cannot recall, I ask her where we met, what we were drinking, etc. to see if I can jog my memory. If not I just tell her, "I'm a really busy guy and I see a lot of people every week. Don't take it personally if I forgot you."

Like 90% of the time girls go, "Oh yeah I know how it is blah blah blha"

Never had a problem, although it can get pretty annoying when a girl is all over you going "Omg you forgot my name? Like omg no way" over and over and over again until they make you promise not to forget their name.

Quote:Westcoast Wrote:

Weird I disagree with samseau here, If I don't remember her name she gets all pissy and annoyed similar to op. "she thinks she was special"

It depends on how you forgot her name. If she tells you her name in conversation and you forget 15 min later, then yeah she'll be pissed.

If you can't remember a girl's name after 15 minutes, then you need to work on your memory skills. I've actually improved myself in this respect - when a girl tells me her name, I quickly repeat it to myself over and over in my head just to remember it.

But if I forgot a girl's name I met a week ago - there's no shame on my part. And if she gets angry about it I'll tell her to get lost.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

^^ yeah not after a convo usually a run in a couple weeks later. Could just be a venue/location thing. Have had girls hug me and say hey what's up! Not having a clue who they are. Oh well