rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Women use social media to lie and make their lives seem interesting

This was originally posted on the Heartiste twitter and had me in stitches: https://twitter.com/heartiste/status/313672510304575489

Here's the article:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/fa...ebook.html

Quote:Quote:

Why women constantly lie about life on Facebook
Women consistently lie on social networking sites such as Facebook or Twitter to make their lives appear more exciting, a survey has found.

Researchers found that at least one in four women exaggerated or distorted what they are doing on social media once a month.

The survey of 2000 women found they mostly pretended to be out on the town, when in fact they are home alone, and embellished about an exotic holiday or their job.

The most common reasons for women to write “fibs” included worrying their lives would seem “boring”, jealousy at seeing other people’s more exciting posts and wanting to impress their friends and acquaintances.

Psychologists tonight suggested that as people attempt to “stay connected” on social media, they can in fact “paradoxically” be left “more isolated”.

They also said that the “more we try to make our lives seem perfect, the less perfect we feel”.

According to the OnePoll survey, one third of women surveyed admitted to “dishonesty” on social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter at some stage.

Almost one in four admitted to lying or exaggerating about key aspects of their life online between one and three times a month while almost one in 10 said they lied more than once a week.

Nearly 30 per cent of women lied about “doing something when I am home alone”, almost a quarter overstated their alcohol consumption while one in five were not truthful about their holiday activities or their jobs.

Almost one in five women even lied about their “relationship status”.

“We work very hard presenting ourselves to the world online, pretending and attempting to be happy all the time which is exhausting and ultimately unfulfilling,” said Dr Michael Sinclair, a leading British consultant psychologist.

“Omitting the less desirable imperfections of our lives from the conversations with our 'friends' online leads to less opportunity to feel empathised with, resulting in a greater sense of disconnection from others.”

The survey was commissioned by Pencourage, a new anonymous “diary-style” social media website.

I couldn't stop laughing because I have an image in my head of some dumb bitch sitting home on the couch with her cats and scouring the internet for other people's pictures of vacations in the Mediterranean or popping bottles at the hottest clubs, then posting them on instagram and twitter as her own.

Not surprised to be honest, I was with a girl who is like that.
She could be at home stuffing her face with food, playing with her cat and on stumpleupon but she tagged herself and a friend at some fast food joint. Then appears a few hours later saying "how much fun she had with ____ ! xoxox "

It's always the ones with the 700+ friends. Guarantee you!

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.

I've noticed that the women on facebook that I know suddenly vanish for a month or so--then pop back up. Whenever I ask them what happened, they say "family issues" or "need time away." They also like to make comments on how other people are talking about them or they have picked the wrong guy or rising above all the negativity. Like its them against the world.

Quote: (03-18-2013 10:31 PM)sucio44 Wrote:  

I've noticed that the women on facebook that I know suddenly vanish for a month or so--then pop back up. Whenever I ask them what happened, they say "family issues" or "need time away." They also like to make comments on how other people are talking about them or they have picked the wrong guy or rising above all the negativity. Like its them against the world.

Yep. Chicks LOVE to post about overcoming some kind of adversity, and showing strength. Gimme a break...

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Being a decent looking...scratch that, thin woman in America is the easiest thing in the world.

To be honest, most guys I know who use Facebook do the same thing.

I keep a detailed journal, I don't want my grandkids to know about the crazy shit I've done until after I'm dead.

I seem a 15 year old Pokemon on Tumblr post images about satan and Hitler.

Like bitch don't you got school tomorrow?

This doesn't surprise me at all. But hey if Pokemon can lie and say their lives are good when in reality they're getting McDonald's money, so can we.

Nope.