rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Ryanair to buy 200 Boeings in $18bn order

Ryanair to buy 200 Boeings in bn order

Quote:Quote:

RYANAIR has placed an $18bn (€14bn) order with Boeing to buy up to 200 aircraft, the Irish Independent has learned.

The mammoth order – due to be confirmed by US President Barack Obama and Taoiseach Enda Kenny at the White House next week – is the single biggest aircraft purchase ever agreed by Ryanair. It's also one of the biggest orders ever placed with Seattle-based manufacturer Boeing.

It means Ryanair has all but thrown in the towel in its seven-year battle to buy Aer Lingus, and will now focus once more on its own long-term expansions efforts. A spokesman for the airline declined to comment.

The EU blocked Ryanair's third Aer Lingus takeover attempt two weeks ago.

The order will be used to replace some existing aircraft in Ryanair's fleet, but it means the carrier will be in a position to extend its footprint to even more corners of Europe and outside the region.

Ryanair is on target to carry 80 million passengers in the year to the end of this month, and is in talks with as many as 60 airports about either adding services or flying to them for the first time.

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish...23271.html

Other further reaches of the EE are about to be attacked.

Maybe this is a good thing in the short term?

But in the long term bad?

Thoughts?

See that? When they have high-rollers like you flying them and endorsing here at RVF the sky's the limit.

Imagine being the guy who landed that deal.

I would be up to my eyeballs in coke and russian sluts for 6 months straight.

I was talking about Coca Cola you degenerate fucks

Quote: (03-18-2013 08:39 AM)Hooligan Harry Wrote:  

The reason Boeing won was because they provided better coke and whores to Ryanair execs BEFORE the deal than EADS.

Better or worse in long term?
Depends.
If those new airports include british, spanish, italian & turkish destinations, yes, it'll get worse most likely.

Quote: (03-18-2013 09:43 AM)Branimir Wrote:  

Better or worse in long term?
Depends.
If those new airports include british, spanish, italian & turkish destinations, yes, it'll get worse most likely.

Where else would they go? I'm 100% sure they are bought to target the 2nd tier cities in Central and Eastern Europe. You know, those places that before weren't full of Brits on stags, now will be.

Quote: (03-18-2013 08:29 AM)el mechanico Wrote:  

See that? When they have high-rollers like you flying them and endorsing here at RVF the sky's the limit.

[Image: 1699568_XPm45K.jpeg]

[Image: attachment.jpg10554]   

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Euro company buying American planes in bulk. Saw that one coming.

Boeing is the shit! When you get on a plane the last thing you want to see is that Mcdonnal Douglas chassis plate in the door/hatch from 1967. You know you're in for a shitty ride and lots of noise. The last time I was on one the engines were so far out of balance I had a nonstop panic attack for 3 hours and freaked out on the pilot. Why are you flying this thing???? I think American has a shitload of them and changed what they call them from dc10 to something cooler like aircloud 211 or whatever.
These things too stay off them..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonnell_Douglas_MD-80

DC10's were good aircraft. They got grounded from that crash in Ohio. I flew across the Atlantic in one back in '04. Still good enough for the military I guess. [Image: whip.gif]

Boeing beats the fuck out of Airbus, which is gov't subsidized. Team America, fuck yeah.

Ryanair's growth strategy in the past year has largely been targeted to godforsaken mainstream tourist spots on the Med. Which is good for the sex tourist community, let the stag-parties further colonise places like Turkey.

Although, Easyjet has recently added its first ever UK-Russia flight. If Ryanair starts flying there, the stag party/boozy Brits will soon take over. [Image: sad.gif]

Quote: (03-18-2013 12:57 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

Boeing beats the fuck out of Airbus, which is gov't subsidized. Team America, fuck yeah.

Boeing is subsidised too. They take billions in direct subsidies from individual states, as well as an unknown amount from federal military and defense research spending.

They're pretty much even in terms of quality - Boeing's having better looking exteriors, Airbus having more comfortable interiors. Most pilots have no preference between the two.

That said, I prefer flying A380 to any other model out there. It feels like a technological leap, whereas Boeing's latest; the Dreamliner is essentially an incremental improvement on a decades old model.

Quote: (03-18-2013 12:52 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Boeing is the shit! When you get on a plane the last thing you want to see is that Mcdonnal Douglas chassis plate in the door/hatch from 1967. You know you're in for a shitty ride and lots of noise. The last time I was on one the engines were so far out of balance I had a nonstop panic attack for 3 hours and freaked out on the pilot. Why are you flying this thing???? I think American has a shitload of them and changed what they call them from dc10 to something cooler like aircloud 211 or whatever.
These things too stay off them..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonnell_Douglas_MD-80

The MD-80 has been the workhorse of the industry. They don't have a bad safety record or anything. What's the problem?

Quote: (03-18-2013 10:11 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Good choice of a photo for a high roller, and a fcuking smart one at that. If you want to know what a self-made 52-year-old billionaire looks like - there he is - Michael O'Leary. He single-handedly changed the airline industry in stuffy Europa, by going to the US and studying the Southwest business model and then adapting it to Europa. His company made their first fortune in aviation by leasing airplanes. He raises cattle and race horses when he isn't killing it in the air transport biz.

I bet he doesn't get any on the side..........

Quote: (03-18-2013 02:29 PM)LostGringo Wrote:  

Quote: (03-18-2013 10:11 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Good choice of a photo for a high roller, and a fcuking smart one at that. If you want to know what a self-made 52-year-old billionaire looks like - there he is - Michael O'Leary. He single-handedly changed the airline industry in stuffy Europa, by going to the US and studying the Southwest business model and then adapting it to Europa. His company made their first fortune in aviation by leasing airplanes. He raises cattle and race horses when he isn't killing it in the air transport biz.

I bet he doesn't get any on the side..........

[Image: DownloadImage.Ashx?ImageId=262149&ImageS...075d47cb2e]

Any man who tells one of his competitors to f*** off back to the village he was born in (in Ireland) on prime time Irish TV at 6pm is OK in my book [Image: smile.gif]

The competitor (the now taken over Air Arran) was being a total gob shite so deserved it anyway.

Quote: (03-18-2013 05:21 PM)EU Explorer Wrote:  

Any man who tells one of his competitors to f*** off back to the village he was born in (in Ireland) on prime time Irish TV at 6pm is OK in my book [Image: smile.gif]

The competitor (the now taken over Air Arran) was being a total gob shite so deserved it anyway.

Can we get a video on that?

Quote: (03-18-2013 08:39 AM)Hooligan Harry Wrote:  

Probably not. Boeing reps are salaried company guys. Nice bonus no doubt, but you might be surprised at the size of the package. A good friend of mine sells 747 freighters for them and he makes good money, but it's mid six figures. The real money is in leasing used airplanes and parts. Those guys are making seven figures. Try a 48 month lease of a five year old 737NG at $300k/month for 48 months. $14 million and 5% to the leasing agent. How about $700k per airplane deal? Do a half dozen of these per year..........minus $500k for kickbacks.

Boeing has been on this deal for at least three years and O'Leary told them to fcuk-off until he got his price. These airplanes are far out on the delivery schedule, so the discount is huge.

Ryanair reminds me of the British TV series Mile High's Fresh Air!

Quote: (03-18-2013 05:27 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Quote: (03-18-2013 05:21 PM)EU Explorer Wrote:  

Can we get a video on that?

I can't find it but suspect it was pulled...was on RTE

Anyway he is Ryan in action winding the German press up about free blow jobs on Ryanair business class

LOL this guy is quality....!

Michael O’Leary’s plane speaking touches down on passengers

Saturday, September 08, 2012

MICHAEL O’Leary is almost as well-known for shooting from the lip as he is for his cheap airfares.

The head of the no-frills airline is notorious for his lack of patience with people who complain at fines for not obeying Ryanair’s rules and regulations to the letter.

Most recently, Ryanair’s chief executive has described passengers who forget to print their boarding passes as “idiots”.

British passenger Suzy McLeod was incensed by having to pay almost €300 to have her family’s five boarding passes printed out at the check-in desk because she didn’t pre-print them herself.

Ms McLeod and her family were returning to Bristol from a holiday in Alicante. She said she did not print the return passes because the airline’s rules specify that tickets have to be printed within two weeks of the flight and her holiday lasted 15 days.

So when the airline’s Spanish check-in desk insisted she pay €60 each to have the passes printed, Ms McLeod wrote a complaint on Ryanair’s Facebook page: “I had previously checked in online but because I hadn’t printed out the boarding passes, Ryanair charged me €60 per person!!! Meaning I had to pay €300 for them to print out a piece of paper! Please ‘like’ if you think that’s unfair...”

But the Ryanair boss labelled her “stupid” for falling foul of the airline’s boarding card reissue rules. “We think Mrs McLeod should pay €60 for being so stupid,” he said.

He has refused to apologise but has ‘clarified’ his comment to say that wasn’t making a personal attack on McLeod.

“I was not calling her stupid, but all those passengers are stupid who think we will change our policies or our fees.”

This is by no means the first — or presumably the last — time Mr O’Leary has made headlines for his out-spoken nature.

Many of these colourful remarks are featured in Plane Speaking — The Wit and Wisdom of Michael O’Leary, by Paul Kilduff, published by Aurum Press, and a choice few are reprinted here.

On passengers who forget to print their boarding pass: “We think [they] should pay €60 for being so stupid.”

On refunds: “You’re not getting a refund so **** off. We don’t want to hear your sob stories. What part of ‘no refund’ don’t you understand?”

On customer service: “People say the customer is always right, but you know what — they’re not. Sometimes they are wrong and they need to be told so.”

On overweight passengers: “Nobody wants to sit beside a really fat ****** on board. We have been frankly astonished at the number of customers who don’t only want to tax fat people but torture them.”

On beginning a press conference to announce the annual results: “I’m here with Howard Miller and Michael Cawley, our two deputy chief executives. But they’re presently making love in the gentleman’s toilets, such is their excitement at today’s results.”

On Ryanair’s image: “One of the weaknesses of the company now is it is a bit cheap and cheerful and overly nasty, and that reflects my personality.”

On environmentalists: “We want to annoy the ******* whenever we can. The best thing you can do with environmentalists is shoot them. These headbangers want to make air travel the preserve of the rich. They are luddites marching us back to the 18th century. If preserving the environment means stopping poor people flying so the rich can fly, then screw it.”

On turbulence: “If drink sales are falling off we get the pilots to engineer a bit of turbulence. That usually spikes up the drink sales.”

On travel agents: “Screw the travel agents. Take the ******* out and shoot them. They are a waste of bloody time. What have they done for passengers over the years?”

On European expansion: “Germans will crawl *******-naked over broken glass to get low fares.”

On charging passengers to use the loo: “One thing we have looked at is maybe putting a coin slot on the toilet door so that people might actually have to spend a pound to spend a penny in the future. If someone wanted to pay £5 to go to the toilet I would carry them myself. I would wipe their bums for a fiver.”

On upright seating: “I’d love to operate aircraft where we take out the back 10 rows and put in hand rails. We’d say if you want to stand, it’s €5. People say: ‘Oh but the people standing may get killed if there’s a crash.’ Well, with respect, the people sitting down might get killed as well.”

On low fares: “I don’t see why in 10 years’ time you wouldn’t fly people for free. Why don’t airports pay us for delivering the passengers to their shops?” If you can’t find a low fare on Ryanair: “You’re a moron.”

On pilot’s wages: “People ask how we can have such low fares. I tell them our pilots work for nothing.”

On his popularity: “I don’t give a ***** if no-one likes me. I am not a cloud bunny, I am not an aerosexual. I don’t like aeroplanes. I never wanted to be a pilot like those other platoons of goons who populate the airline industry.” On his bride arriving 35 minutes late for their wedding: “She’s coming here with Aer Lingus.”

On paternity leave: “We have paternity leave but it’s a bloody joke. It is bull**** legislation. You need a couple of days off because you’ve had a baby, but this nonsensical rubbish that you’re entitled to days off for the first six years of a baby’s life. Go and get a bloody job — get a life.”

On wealth: “I buy everything low-cost. I buy cheap shirts. I buy cheap shoes. It’s a philosophy. I’m just cheap.”

On Ireland: “The airline industry is full of bull*******, liars and drunks and we excel at all three in Ireland.”

On politics: “I think the most influential person in Europe in the last 20 to 30 years has been Margaret Thatcher, who has left a lasting legacy that has driven us towards lower taxes and greater efficiency. Without her we’d all be living in some French bloody unemployed republic.”

On how to keep employees motivated and happy: “Fear.”

On British Airways: “BA have got waterfalls in their head office. The first thing I’d do if I were in charge of BA is turn off the waterfalls. The only time we have waterfalls in the Ryanair office is when the toilet leaks.”

On Aer Lingus’s pilots: “Overpaid, underworked peacocks”

On employees: “MBA students come out with: ‘My staff is my most important asset.’ Bullshit. Staff is usually your biggest cost. We all employ some lazy ******* who needs a kick up the backside, but no one can bring themselves to admit it.”

On cost-cutting: “We use our own biros and I tell the staff not to buy them, just pick them up from hotels, legal offices, wherever. That’s what I do. Recently I did an interview and I was sitting there with a hotel pen I’d nicked from somewhere. I was asked why and I said: ‘We at Ryanair have a policy of stealing hotel pens. We won’t pay for Bic biros as part of our obsession with low costs’.”

To the boss of regional airline Aer Arann: “Fuck off back to Connemara where you come from!”

On offering advice to other airlines’ bosses: “They can **** off and do their own work.”

On closing Ryanair’s check-in desks: “This isn’t the end of civilisation as we know it.”

Care to imagine a world where politicians spoke and behaved like this....

I'm starting to really like this guy! Alpha of the decade candidate as far as I'm concerned! We need more guys like him in the world!

Quote: (03-18-2013 05:40 PM)EU Explorer Wrote:  

Anyway he is Ryan in action winding the German press up about free blow jobs on Ryanair business class

Ryan Air and Spirit have always been these low cost shit airlines and ryan air was even going to remove 2 out of the 3 bathrooms on many planes but in the recent economy nickel and diming everything has been the way to turn a profit as other airlines have been posting losses and of course American Airlines went bankrupt.

Im guessing this new order will put them ahead of many other airlines depending on if they buy 737's again and stick to shorter routes

Michael O'Leary on CNBC today.