rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Portuguese dating and clubbing culture

Gents,

Since two threads on Portugal have been active recently, I figured some of you may enjoy the following question an Estonian dude posted on the Portugal group on CS:

Quote:Quote:

Hey folks,

I am staying in Algarve atm. I went out to places like pray de rocha. People walk in, stand, look at girls and guys, hardly anyone approaching anyone, 1 to 2 people dance LOL On saturday I walked for hours in Portimao visited many places its like desert kinda [Image: biggrin.gif]

My question is in which region, town people do go clubbing and Portuguese girls actually act like girls [Image: biggrin.gif]

I met many Portuguese people and I had a chat with them. Most say crisis. Yet it cost 2 euro to buy wine and go to marina with people. Weather is lovely so is the Algarve cities. Its seems maybe 5% of Portuguese girls like guys rest I dont know [Image: biggrin.gif] I saw 3 cool Portuguese girls and many more and not a single man approached them lol So I talked to them and 1 girl (age around 20) said she dont even like hip pop she likes fado. Probably lying to poke fun at me lol Either way what they are doing outside night club then. I tried to google some realistic guide to Portuguese dating culture and so far found none. I managed to learn some Portuguese language which I think is good. I talked to some local guys they told me girls simply ignore them for most time. Whats your take on it?

P.S I met some feminine romantic Portuguese girls and guys who refused to follow the trend. Salute to them [Image: biggrin.gif]

This guys is asking for a "[Don't] Bang Portugal"! I hope he finds RVF. If you're on CS, try to read the whole thread, because it truly is hilarious.

PS: this guy's spelling and abusive use of "lol" reminds me of the great GBFM. Lllozlolzololzolzolzzzz!!

"The great secret of happiness in love is to be glad that the other fellow married her." – H.L. Mencken

The average Estonian guy picking up girls outside Estonia would be like an Indian virgin performing stand-up comedy at the Improv.

Quote: (03-12-2013 08:54 PM)temujin Wrote:  

The average Estonian guy picking up girls outside Estonia would be like an Indian virgin performing stand-up comedy at the Improv.

At least he's approaching, which puts him ahead of 95% of men in the world.

I can't have sex with your personality, and I can't put my penis in your college degree, and I can't shove my fist in your childhood dreams, so why are you sharing all this information with me?

Who knows what his game's like, and the average Estonian dude certainly has none. Yet, unfortunately, his observations seem quite on point. Portuguese girls are to Southern Europe what Danish women are to Scandinavia.

In some areas of the Algarve, there are up to 5,000 more men than women between the ages of 25 and 64, although women dominate in the population above 75 years old.

So basically a cock fest with mediocre women surrounded by grannies. Depressing, the area has so much geographical potential.

So, whats the explanation for this disproportionate amount of sausage? Do all the women move to other countries and the guys stay behind? I heard some parts of italy experience a similar phenomenon where younger chicks are scarce.

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

If you read the other threads you will notice that we Portuguese say that Portuguese girls are a bitchy, with Advanced-Bitch-Shielding Technique. Fuck that shit, I'm not even gonna bother to get shot down in flames by a 6-7 Portuguese girl, when I have much better chances at anything with a hotter foreign chick in Portugal

I even got cockblocked by a female friend of mine, WHAT THE FUCK?

this guy lays it down exactly the same way I see it:
"I think you got a good grasp of how portuguese women are like. The thing is, when first approached don't think girls in Portugal will be impolite towards you or just plainly rude. But the odds of finding a girl that will give you the cold shoulder and give an arrogant attitude is very high. VERY high. It all comes down to attitudes shaped by culture, and the Portuguese culture is still somewhat influenced by a sense of conservative values. Not necessarily by catholic values in the sense that they follow church rules by the book, but their values is still shaped very much by their mothers and grandmothers, who in large part still obey these traditional values, including girls should not be very active in the dating scene. So they'll give you the cold shoulder because in their minds that's the right thing to do or other people might start to talk about you. I know, still a very backwards way of thinking when it comes to relationships.

Dating: Girls will never, and I stress NEVER EVER have sex on the first date and/or encounter at a disco. Only that 5% of girls that seem to ellude most of us guys here in Portugal. If your planning to date portuguese girls be prepared to drink a LOT of coffees and hang out in a LOT of lounge bars before you can "get it on" with a girl. Sad but true. You can try and look like a whiny metrossexual aka a caricature of Cristiano Ronaldo, that seems to help with some girls, but if your blonde like me, then dude, your scounting for girls in the wroooong country.

Having said that, I still have to compare my personal experience since I have already lived in Northern Ireland and the differences couldn't be bigger. In bars and discos, or just in the street, girls in northern countries are much nicer and friendlier than in Portugal. A lot of smiles and nodding telling guys that they're interested. You have a sense that girls in non-catholic countries are a wee bit more open to talk with you, whether or not you're a douchebag. That talk will happen and girls see for themselves if you're worth talking to, but in Portugal they won't even give you that chance. So I agree that girls here are more insecure and take a LONG time before they decide to take it any further."

Again, mentality wise, there is a huge difference between people from Lisbon and Porto, the latter being cooler, more open and generally prettier.

Quote: (03-12-2013 09:29 PM)temujin Wrote:  

In some areas of the Algarve, there are up to 5,000 more men than women between the ages of 25 and 64, although women dominate in the population above 75 years old.

So basically a cock fest with mediocre women surrounded by grannies. Depressing, the area has so much geographical potential.

Geographically, Portugal is amazing. I only visited the Lisbon area back in 2010 (when I had no Portuguese knowledge) but the women tended to be very receptive towards foreigners though I'm not all that attracted to them in return. As my friend once said, Portuguese women are like Spanish ones except uglier, shorter, and with fat asses (not the good kind).

Perhaps the game is much tougher out there with regards to Portuguese guys approaching Portuguese women.

I usually consider women of a certain country receptive towards me if I've banged at least 3 of them who I consider attractive <-> hot with relatively little effort on my end.

Unfortunately in Lisbon, I couldn't find three attractive ones anywhere I looked, much less receptive towards me.

I did meet one hottie who was started giving me the fuck me eyes, and as it turned out, she was from the FSU.

Lisbon overall was a huge disappointment for me. The sight of the favelas on the hillside next to the 'projects', along with the run-down buildings on the train to Sintra, reminded me of the shitty parts of Sao Paulo.

Well, I know pretty well how hard can be to pick up girls in Portugal. And I've already talked a little bit in this thread.

But, c'mon, going to Algarve in the winter to pick up girls is a very silly decision.

Algarve is the southern region of Portugal. It is a region which lives exclusively from tourism, mainly from the Portuguese and British middle classes who head there in the summer months to enjoy the beaches. But winters there, although not too cold, are cold, nevertheless.

So in the winter months Algarve is dead. In the winter, most of the few young girls from there are either studying in universities in other cities of Portugal or are just working abroad. In the winter, that Estonian guy will probably see more British and Scandinavian retirees there than young Portuguese girls.

Even in the summers, most Portuguese girls in Algarve beaches are staying with their boyfriends or their families. So Algarve in the summer (like other southern Europe beaches) is mainly a good place to pick up British, German, Dutch and Scandinavian tourists who want to party hard and find some cock. And they are pretty much recognisable, as you may guess.

Quote: (03-17-2013 05:32 PM)temujin Wrote:  

I usually consider women of a certain country receptive towards me if I've banged at least 3 of them who I consider attractive <-> hot with relatively little effort on my end.

Unfortunately in Lisbon, I couldn't find three attractive ones anywhere I looked, much less receptive towards me.

I did meet one hottie who was started giving me the fuck me eyes, and as it turned out, she was from the FSU.

Lisbon overall was a huge disappointment for me. The sight of the favelas on the hillside next to the 'projects', along with the run-down buildings on the train to Sintra, reminded me of the shitty parts of Sao Paulo.

Today I went to Lisbon and walked in the streets all day long in almost all zones of the city, and I can swear some 70% of the under-30 years-old women I saw were tourists (mainly young hipsters from America and Northern Europe).

Quote: (03-17-2013 06:27 PM)qazwsx Wrote:  

Today I went to Lisbon and walked in the streets all day long in almost all zones of the city, and I can swear some 70% of the under-30 years-old women I saw were tourists (mainly young hipsters from America and Northern Europe).

I had the same experience in Lisbon. I spent many days there and seeing young people was a rare occurrence. I would guess that the average age in the city is well above 30, and add to that the fact that Lisbon has a somewhat small population... so the only reliable thing is social circle

Quote: (03-17-2013 06:38 PM)pobreinvestidor Wrote:  

I had the same experience in Lisbon. I spent many days there and seeing young people was a rare occurrence. I would guess that the average age in the city is well above 30, and add to that the fact that Lisbon has a somewhat small population... so the only reliable thing is social circle

I think it's also a case of the job market for professionals under the age of 30 being absolutely brutal right now too. In my once a month Portuguese speaking mixer here in North Texas, there's a ton of older regulars of Portuguese descent that participate but I always meet a couple new young members that now live here each luncheon because of the employment situation over in Portugal.

Quote: (03-17-2013 06:38 PM)pobreinvestidor Wrote:  

Yes. And everyday it only gets worse: as young unemployment here is going through the roof, there is a massive emigration stream occurring right now (by empirical observation, I would say that at least a quarter of the young Portuguese population has already fled the country).

[/quote]

[/quote]

Was in Lisbon last month for a week. During the day in the center of town there are a lot of turists, most of them from northern countries. On a side note, usually I found them wary of my approaches because there were a lot of fake hasish dealers in the middle of town that were constantly approaching anyone that looked slightly foreign.

Bario Alto was nice at night and meet some Germans there. Also meet two of the few very attractive women in a small eccentric bar over drinks.

Porto- Quality of the women was visibly worse. Most of the time very thick Thighs. Sat outside the Law Faculty waiting on a friend of mine for lunch at the University mensa (great deal! 2.35 Euros for a full meal!) and I couldn't see one girl that was very attractive. Ok, maybe there were one or two that were cute but I saw a lot of women. My impression was that girls in Lisbon were cuter than Porto but when I got to Salamanca I was blown away by the high quality. Very very nice there.

From my impression, at the clubs the girls didn't want to be approached and that this is the reason that no-one approaches. They went out to dance and hang out with their girlfriends. Yes, sometimes you can break in while approaching but every time I approached I didn't end up interacting long with these girls. Most of the time I got shot down though and they were quite cold. Not quite as bad as Padova in Northern Italy but approaching this. Brazilians are really what you should be shooting for but the clubs I went to didn't have a lot of them there. At a Club in Porto I ended up making out and fumbling around with a Belgian gal but couldn't pull in the end. Ended up having a small affair with a very cute French girl I meet at a bar while out with some friends from there having a drink.

In Lisbon I would stay in a nice, well rated hostel and meet girls from the Hostel. This worked quite nicely, but logistics were problematic.

If you want my advice forget Portuguese girls and focus on other Nationalities. Although I am Portuguese I rarely date Portuguese women...they are depressive, smokers (most smoke anyway) and they don´t know how to have fun. In other countries it is normal and polite to talk to people and the conversation can be stopped if one of the people feels it is going in the wrong direction...Not with Portuguese women. If you meet them abroad (away from Portugal) then they are completely different...I lived abroad many years and never have seen such confusing and absurd way of living. I have no time to waste with people that aren´t interested in meeting other cultures and people...just for you to know 80% of my friends are girls and I love it. Not most of the Portuguese though.

Good answer.

Maybe, to some extent, women may seem to be so closed off because they worry that seeming nice at all will make the man feel as though it is his right to be physical with her.

The sexes are more and more equal every day, thank goodness...but at the same time, every day, countless women around the world, including here in Portugal, suffer in various ways because men don't feel that they have a right to control their own bodies.

From this chick:

[Image: 4789223_l_ab74e9f2a36fb77d82fef9f689c7fa81.jpg]

I doubt anyone wants to be physical with her.

Quote: (03-17-2013 08:08 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

If you want my advice forget Portuguese girls and focus on other Nationalities. Although I am Portuguese I rarely date Portuguese women...they are depressive, smokers (most smoke anyway) and they don´t know how to have fun. In other countries it is normal and polite to talk to people and the conversation can be stopped if one of the people feels it is going in the wrong direction...Not with Portuguese women. If you meet them abroad (away from Portugal) then they are completely different...I lived abroad many years and never have seen such confusing and absurd way of living. I have no time to waste with people that aren´t interested in meeting other cultures and people...just for you to know 80% of my friends are girls and I love it. Not most of the Portuguese though.

Good answer.

Maybe, to some extent, women may seem to be so closed off because they worry that seeming nice at all will make the man feel as though it is his right to be physical with her.

The sexes are more and more equal every day, thank goodness...but at the same time, every day, countless women around the world, including here in Portugal, suffer in various ways because men don't feel that they have a right to control their own bodies.

From this chick:

[Image: 4789223_l_ab74e9f2a36fb77d82fef9f689c7fa81.jpg]

I doubt anyone wants to be physical with her.

Even she, probably has some beta Portuguese boyfriend.

You know things are bad when like in the United States, you see absolute sloppy hedge hogs getting men.

Here's a couple from Lisbon:

[Image: 4936864273_12d6458ddf.jpg]

Man: Stylish, above average looks, good fashion sense, fit & trim.

Happy to be dating...

Woman: Chunky arms, over the hill face disguised by large sun glasses, unhealthy looking hair, and likely a misshapen body.

Quote: (03-17-2013 09:03 PM)temujin Wrote:  

Even she, probably has some beta Portuguese boyfriend.

I thought her wording was too "progressive" for a Portuguese chick. I checked her profile. Guess what? She's American!!! From Wisconsin.

Man: Stylish, above average looks, good fashion sense, fit & trim.

Happy to be dating...

Woman: Chunky arms, over the hill face disguised by large sun glasses, unhealthy looking hair, and likely a misshapen body.

Portugal is kind of the anti-Russia, in the sense that the men are much better looking than the women. Just take a look at this photo of José Mourinho and his wife:

[Image: b7GPHD1.jpg]

"The great secret of happiness in love is to be glad that the other fellow married her." – H.L. Mencken

Jose's probably just happy that she's not 30 kilos overweight.

I saw a LOT of flabby asses and protruding fat pockets on women all over Lisbon.

I spent a little bit of time in Portugal, a friend was trying to sell it to me as a place where women outnumber men and the women are a touch more humble and hungrier due to different culture and the long-standing economic situation. I didn't have women jumping on me but I did not really feel any bad vibes anywhere but I wouldn't recommend it.

This is one place...
I count just under two dozen women and like a hundred guys...the main girl in the photo really does not strike me as typical Portuguese features in any way...though she does look like she has fake-coloured contacts and the jaw that Port women have (a different type of manjaw than American women)...regarding Brazilians in clubs, I've heard that they can sometimes be looked down upon and refused entry...
http://sardinhabiba.com/sardinha3dfotos.html

I'm not here to defend my country's pride - you can not count on me to that, definitely. But be careful with the examples you pick.

I have been living all my life here, and I have already been in every single city and every single town of the continental Portuguese territory (though little, I would say very few people can brag to have done the same). And no way I would say that is a regular Portuguese couple. In fact, if you didn't say they were from Lisbon, I would not tell they were Portuguese.

Although Portugal is a little country with just 10 million people, it is a really peculiar one, hard to make generalisations of that kind about. There's just much more variety of people here than any foreign guy can fastly wonder. People here can differ a lot from region to region and from social group to social group.

I am available to enlighten you more about this in case you have specific questions. But obviously I can yet answer some general questions like: in terms of looks how are Portuguese girls? And I will answer the majority is average (and leaning to ugly).

[/quote]

Portugal is kind of the anti-Russia, in the sense that the men are much better looking than the women.
[/quote]

This is always the impression I get in Italy, especially in the North-eastern area.

There are a lot of Cape Verdeans, Angolans and Brasilieras in Lisbon so it's not all bad.

Don't bother with the white Portuguese women. They are conservative, ugly and simple (not interested in culture, history, education, etc)

Quote: (03-12-2013 09:21 PM)trainwreck Wrote:  

Who knows what his game's like, and the average Estonian dude certainly has none. Yet, unfortunately, his observations seem quite on point. Portuguese girls are to Southern Europe what Danish women are to Scandinavia.
I was hanging out with a Swedish dude. Yeah, he was blond, tall and handsome. When we went for a smoke, five drunk Australian girls approached him. I do not think he said anything to them, just smiled. In a minute the chicks where touching him and were raising on their tiptoes (he was tall!) trying to kiss him [Image: smile.gif]

If the Estonian dude is like this Swedish dude (Estonia is practically Scandinavia), he does not need much game.

Among Mediterranean women the order in attractivity is (from higher to lower):
1.Greek
2.Italian
3.Turkish
4.Spanish
5.Portugese
6.Cyprus
7.Lebanese
8.Syrian
9.Moroccan
10.Libyan
11.Algerian

Grading compared to 5 as European average.
Greece 8
Italian 6-7
Turkish 6
Spanish 5
Portugese 5.
The Greek superiority is due to slavic mix and Balkan quality.

If we consider Greece as part of Balkans the order in appearance of women is:
1.Serbian
2.Croat
3.Slovenian
4.Slavomacedonian
5.Romanian
6.Greek
7.Bulgarian
8.Albanian
9.Turkish
Former Yugoslavia has the hottest girls all around close to top by European standards.

Regarding Spanish and Portugese women I have noticed that many of them are fed up by their compatriots who they regard as soft and want some rough experience. The same can be said in an extent about Italian women.They want the rough experience a Balkan man can provide and regard us as good looking (one Spanish girl told me clearly Spanish men are soft.Greeks are strong.I am interested in strong men).