rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Your Longest Dryspell Since Starting out in Game

There don't seem to be any threads dealing directly with this topic.

Since you first started out in game, how long was the longest dry spell you've had to endure.

What causes would you narrow this down to?

Multiple 6 month stints under G.O. #1.

http://documents.nytimes.com/general-ord...r-soldiers

8 weeks.

I started "knowing" game around the end of 2011, and my longest dry spell since then was Late November 2012-January 2013. Although, it was somewhat my own fault. I had a few 4's, 5's and 6's in my pipeline (aka "guaranteed fucks") that I decided weren't worth the trouble (or the half-boners) and had told them I wasn't interested in meeting them anymore, and then the holidays rolled around and everybody was traveling or busy... for a moment I felt myself slipping back into my old self! Towards the end of the spell I ended up drunkenly hooking up with an old 5 from last year and that seemed to do the trick. 2013 so far has my notch count at 4, with one regular repeater and a few OK ONSs... things are okay now.

edit: point in the story was that I want to say that game has introduced me to the amazing situation in which I turn down multiple girls regularly, even to the point where it means emptying my pipeline to the point of dryspell. oops/awesome, not sure how to feel about it.

Since any semblance of game, 3 months. Since RVF, 1 month.

Probably 6 months. Any future dryspells that might occur are not going to be longer than two months, I predict.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

2 months because I was living with my parents and made about 5 approaches in 4months ended up fucking a fatty

Right now. Nothing in 2013. The last was Dec. 30th

Same thing I'm going through now, haven't laid pipe since November 24th [Image: sad.gif]

This is the second longest drought I've had since starting out with game.

^ You two guys aren't trying. Don't complain

I'm getting a drought to.

El Mech is probably right- maybe there's been a sea change and we need to change up our tactics.

I wonder if it has to that stupid 'Girls' show. That's the only thing I can think of that all these chickens are watching.

Quote: (03-12-2013 11:13 AM)soup Wrote:  

I'm getting a drought to.

El Mech is probably right- maybe there's been a sea change and we need to change up our tactics.

I wonder if it has to that stupid 'Girls' show. That's the only thing I can think of that all these chickens are watching.
No way. 48 hours max from zero to sex. This thread should be called 'Which excuses do you tell yourself for a dryspell'

In the DR 5 hours from zero

Although no one's putting the blame entirely on external factors, not every man can expect to go from "zero to sex" in under 48 hours at any moment. If anyone says that can be done no matter where you live, how your game is and what you do for a living, I'll have to call BS.

Quote: (03-12-2013 11:32 AM)Sargon of Akkad Wrote:  

Although no one's putting the blame entirely on external factors, not every man can expect to go from "zero to sex" in under 48 hours at any moment. If anyone says that can be done no matter where you live, how your game is and what you do for a living, I'll have to call BS.
Do you work on an oil rig?

Quote: (03-12-2013 11:36 AM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Quote: (03-12-2013 11:32 AM)Sargon of Akkad Wrote:  

Do you work on an oil rig?
Please elaborate.

El Mech, I'm with you. It's up to the guy if he's going to have a dry spell or not. The problem is that some us hit a wall and we can't figure out why. And, we are putting in the time. Maybe we just aren't smart enough yet.

Quote: (03-12-2013 11:38 AM)soup Wrote:  

El Mech, I'm with you. It's up to the guy if he's going to have a dry spell or not. The problem is that some us hit a wall and we can't figure out why. And, we are putting in the time. Maybe we just aren't smart enough yet.

Agreed. Mistakes and bad game are generally the main causes of cold streaks. However, that's a far stretch from mere excuses and lack of effort. Though other circumstances such as location can contribute, as well. I doubt el mech would manage to bang a chic in under 24 hours in Saudi Arabia or rural India, for example. Some of us always go through phases where we seem to suck for a while, even if we've had a lot of success in the past.

Well I can understand if you don't know what to do but this forum is loaded to the brim on this. So, if you read here there's no excuses except not applying yourself.

Quote: (03-12-2013 11:43 AM)Sargon of Akkad Wrote:  

Agreed. Mistakes and bad game are generally the main causes of cold streaks, but that's a far stretch from mere excuses and lack of effort. Though other circumstances such as location can contribute, as well. I doubt el mech would manage to bang a chic in under 24 hours in Saudi Arabia or rural India, for example.
Three days max

Quote: (03-12-2013 11:45 AM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Quote: (03-12-2013 11:43 AM)Sargon of Akkad Wrote:  

Agreed. Mistakes and bad game are generally the main causes of cold streaks, but that's a far stretch from mere excuses and lack of effort. Though other circumstances such as location can contribute, as well. I doubt el mech would manage to bang a chic in under 24 hours in Saudi Arabia or rural India, for example.
Three days max
Bullshit, that I'd like to see.

You can snap any dry spell with lowering your standards.

In general you should be going through dry spells now and again if you are pulling cute girls. This assumes you have a job, no job +24 hours a day yeah you shouldn't be going longer than a week, that's inexcusable.

Longest dry time IMHO is usually December to January, you want a short term girlfriend since all the hoes go up and get short term boyfriend for the holidays. This is prime time, st pattys day is this weekend so pretty prime opportunities.

If your dry spell goes longer than a month or two, just lower standards to get the bang out of the way and move on again. To get an idea of your "low end bar" just load up photos on dating websites that's the "alright fuck it get this out of the way" bang level.

Quote: (03-12-2013 11:46 AM)WestCoast Wrote:  

You can snap any dry spell with lowering your standards.

In general you should be going through dry spells now and again if you are pulling cute girls. This assumes you have a job, no job +24 hours a day yeah you shouldn't be going longer than a week, that's inexcusable.

Longest dry time IMHO is usually December to January, you want a short term girlfriend since all the hoes go up and get short term boyfriend for the holidays. This is prime time, st pattys day is this weekend so pretty prime opportunities.

If your dry spell goes longer than a month or two, just lower standards to get the bang out of the way and move on again. To get an idea of your "low end bar" just load up photos on dating websites that's the "alright fuck it get this out of the way" bang level.

I don't know about this. There have been times when I've lowered my standards and it had put me at a disadvantage because it is in incongruous with my look and life.

An example of this is on OK Cupid. I think I look attractive in my pictures, and my profile suggests that I should have no trouble meeting girls.

So, girls are constantly asking me why I'm on the website in the first place. If you go for a girl that isn't on your level, it's going to raise red-flags about your personality.

If you put in the work to make yourself look good, you should not be going for girls that don't.

Lets get this thread back on topic. 4 months since finding game last June 2012. Just snapped my dry spell 2 days ago. Workin on a few more prospects right now. I think its important to use the momentum from one lay to get the next. Confidence and whatnot. I hope I never go 4 months again. Thats the longest Ive gone since losing my virginity

@ soup yeah. I'm not saying it's easy to go bang some negative 3. But the idea is that if you give yourself a range, say you bang in te 6-8 range, approaching tons more 6's is going to get you there faster than straight going for the 8's.

Basically, dry spells usually occur when shooting for higher quality, for some reason your routine gets thrown off or straight bad luck.

To stay on topic ~2 months is the longest since mid 2010. Mid December to January was also a goose egg this past 3 months because I refused to stay in a short term situation that was not going to end pretty heading into the holidays.

On topic- my dry spells since the game start at the end of the cold weather. They can go for months. Sometime in the middle of spring, my abundance starts to dry up. Where I was banging like crazy in Jan, Feb and into March, things start to slow down in April and May.

Then summer hits and I'm not getting laid until Sept.

This is part of the reason I originally joined the forum.

Over the past six years I had one period of about eleven months, and two-three shorter ones of about two-three months.

For the eleven months one I had just come of my three year high of living the pussy galore life style. I had become disillusioned with women and wanted a break, so I pro-actively told girls no and didn't pursue any of the hot ones (stupidest thing I ever did, and for eleven months, whaaaat!?). Got back on the saddle and into the vagina and all was well again. The other dry spells just come and go when I don't feel like chasing tail for a while and there are no high quality (blatant) offers. Even fucking women becomes boring at times. Who knew.

I do have to confess that at times I have fucked a fatty or a 5 to avoid a dry spell. Alcohol and horniness happpened.