rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What would men do if they did'nt have to impress women?

"What if a guy’s job had no effect on his value in the marriage market? How would that affect a young man’s career choices? He’d be a heck of a lot less ambitious:

This paper examines the extent to which human capital and career decisions are affected by their potential returns in the marriage market. Although schooling and career decisions often are made before getting married, these decisions are likely to affect the future chances of receiving a marriage offer, the type of offer, and the probability of getting divorced. Therefore, I estimate a forward‐looking model of the marriage and career decisions of young men between the ages of 16 and 39. The results show that if there were no returns to career choices in the marriage market, men would tend to work less, study less, and choose blue‐collar jobs over white‐collar jobs. These findings suggest that the existing literature underestimates the true returns to human capital investments by ignoring their returns in the marriage market."

http://www.bakadesuyo.com/2010/02/what-w...-to-impre/

"I have refused to wear a condom all of my life, for a simple reason – if I’m going to masturbate into a balloon why would I need a woman?"

If men didn't have to impress women, we'd still be living in caves.

“I have a very simple rule when it comes to management: hire the best people from your competitors, pay them more than they were earning, and give them bonuses and incentives based on their performance. That’s how you build a first-class operation.”
― Donald J. Trump

If you want some PDF's on bodyweight exercise with little to no equipment, send me a PM and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Quote: (03-07-2013 04:27 PM)Hannibal Wrote:  

If men didn't have to impress women, we'd still be living in caves.

Or a cardboard box according to Dave Chappelle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZRflz-93JA

"I have refused to wear a condom all of my life, for a simple reason – if I’m going to masturbate into a balloon why would I need a woman?"

It all depends on how much you feel impressing women as on the choices men make. Men would still pursue careers that interest them, and would still want to make a lot of money in order to live the lives they want for themselves. Not every man has the aptitude to shoot for certain high-paying, prestigious careers, and I can't say that men that were capable of those careers would shoot lower, just because women didn't care what a man did for a living.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

We'd still fight, and build fortifications to fight better, which would naturally to buildings outside the cave, and civilization of sorts. Men do stuff to impress women, but we do it because we want to just as often -or at least that was true in former times. Nowadays men have to try to do things in order to get women. In former times, being a man was enough. Caveman game, anyone?