rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Quebec..mainly Montreal

Quebec..mainly Montreal

I was wondering what was the opinion of the travelers that came to Montreal and tried to hook up with french canadians girls. As a french Montrealer myself, I find that it is a very social circle driven scene but it is possible to pull the occasional one night stand as long as you got game, looks and can flirt, speak a bit of french. They are pretty independant and everyone that lived in Quebec for a while will know that it is a matriarchal province and that most of the time the girl will choose with whom she wants to fuck/ be with and not the contrary. Generally speaking, girls and women have more power than men in Quebec. They will also expect you to make the first move and pay drinks, they are conservative in that sense but don't like to be treated as inferiors, gallanterie is especially not expected. Outside Montreal, girls are really friendly and more open. I don't know much about Quebec city but it is well known that Saguenay is a region with an higher percentage of girls than guys and it is easy to pull off. But it's also the region where most people don't speak english.

Most Quebecoises are afraid or don't like foreigners when they come to Montreal. Hell, Montrealers who are ethnically anglo, moroccans, lebanese, asian or any other minority will have next to no chance with a true Quebecoise from the suburbs unless that minority was raised in the suburbs surrounded only with french canadians. And they need that distinct Quebecois accent.

For those interested, I know for a fact that someone from the UK or Australia would kill in Montreal, lots of my girl friends told me that they love the british accent and the surfer's, adventurous vibe that they get from Australians.

Canadians from Ontario and other part of the country would have an hard time though, probably the same with anyone from the US outside Californians. French Canadians are taught since elementary school that english Canada is bad, that they tried to abuse us for so long...and most of America is generally viewed as the same.

But still, it would be easy to pull off if you hit the gym and look super fit, hockey-player like (and yes, french canadian girls generally loves hockey players), can speak a few words of french and can isolate her from her friends. Athletic feats are highly revered.

Finally, the most important caracteristic to pull off is humor! Humor is part of our culture ( Just for laugh is from Montreal). Tons of average guys acheive great success with humor alone. Being outgoing and making the girl laugh is the easiest way to any Quebecoise pants!

So we can say, french canadians girls are not like French girls from France at all! Culture and knowledge is not that important for them, lot of them don't smoke. Don't mix both (lot of french from France come to study or move to Montreal since 3-4 years).

I'm interested in knowing your experiences with them, and has anyone hit Quebec City or other regions outside of Montreal??

Quebec..mainly Montreal

I love Quebec and its my favorite province in all of Canada. I generally agree with most of what you write, but I don't think that Quebecois hate on all Anglo Canadians the same, they certainly don't care for people from Ontario but as an east coaster, I was treated very well there and most of the Quebecois I met that have been out west love BC and the people there, I dare say that they have a bad impression of people from Alberta though.

I'm seriously considering relocating to Quebec when I get back to Canada in another year or so, I've had job offers in both Montreal and Quebec City, I just wish that the taxes there weren't so high, but that's a price I would be willing to pay to live in what I consider to be Canada's best province. I'm not a huge fan of Anglo Canada or any other Anglo Saxon country for that matter and consider Quebec to be a unique part of North America, I think that Canada is lucky to have Quebec, although I'm not too sure that we always will but that's another matter I'd rather not get into.

As for the girls, again, they are the best in Canada and I don't think that too many on this forum would argue with that; I find them to be quite stylish, sexier and more aggressive in bed than their Anglo counterparts. People form Quebec are a lot more open sexually than Anglo Canadians, who tend to be quite up tight, girls from Quebec have a reputation for being horny, this may not be quite true, but they are more open and comfortable with their sexuality, from what I've seen.

Quebcoise women also take care of themselves very well, even as they age, you'll see many more good looking cougars there than anywhere else in Canada. Also I believe that they are genetically more attractive than their Anglo counterparts, this is highly anecdotal though but I wouldn't be surprised if others agreed.

Its been awhile since I've been to la belle province and I can't wait to get back, my experience there was studying for two months in Montreal during the summer of 2001 and I worked in Sherbrooke for four months in the summer of 2005. I was a broke ass student back then and my game wasn't as sharp as now, I'm sure that I'll do much better when I go back.

For the record, I speak fluent French with an odd accent that most Quebecois find amusing because I learned it in France.

Also, I think that Roosh should spend more time in Quebec, I know he's done with the Bang Guides but I'd like to hear his perspective after a few months in Quebec.

Quebec..mainly Montreal

Spent four months there last summer.

Did well, but not as good as I thought. I thought I would do way better.

Still keep in touch with 5 girls from there so I have a pretty big pipe if I go back. So that is not bad.

Quote:Quote:

Saguenay is a region with an higher percentage of girls than guys and it is easy to pull off. But it's also the region where most people don't speak english.

I swooped a girl from Saguenay on a same night swoop. Super cool, blue eyed, brunette French Canadian girl. 22 or so . Fly. She is one of the ones I keep in touch with.

Hell, Montrealers who are ethnically anglo, moroccans, lebanese, asian or any other minority will have next to no chance with a true Quebecoise from the suburbs unless that minority was raised in the suburbs surrounded only with french canadians.

Who knows. But those girls can be fly as hell.

So we can say, french canadians girls are not like French girls from France at all! Culture and knowledge is not that important for them, lot of them don't smoke.

Who doesn't smoke? French girls? Or Montreal girls?

---

I love Montreal. No beach though.

I still think it is harder than a big American city; MIA, LV, SF, NYC, etc

I also think being from California there was a slight advantage. They don't get many people from Southern California there.

The Americans that go are pretty weak, from weak hoods.

I single handedly improved America's reputation there.

What else are you trying to know?

What's your question?

Quebec..mainly Montreal

For me and everyone in my group Montreal was much easier than an American city. BUT we were only there for about 4days.

"All My Bitches love me....I love all my bitches,
but its like soon as I cum... I come to my senses."

Quebec..mainly Montreal

Quote: (03-08-2013 11:59 AM)elabayarde Wrote:  

For me and everyone in my group Montreal was much easier than an American city. BUT we were only there for about 4days.

Yeah, I thought the same thing after my first quick trip there.

But after 4 months there, I reconsidered that thought.

Where did you go?

Where did you have success?

Quebec..mainly Montreal

I also think being from California there was a slight advantage. They don't get many people from Southern California there.

Exactly, and like I said Quebec girls all have that dream to go visit or live in California. From TV shows mostly, so I'm pretty sure any Californian with game would kill here, as with guys from the UK and Australians.

I meant the french girls smoke much more than girls from Quebec. It is pretty frown upon here.

If you guys ever have the chance to come back, I would suggest these bars around the Plateau, trendier crowd, mostly graduates or grad students, pub culture and mostly french speaking. This is where we go during winter and the talent level is pretty good.

Miss Villeray
Rachel-Rachel
Taverne Normand
Le Edgard

Around Vieux-Port:
-Queue-Leu Leu is younger but the girls get pretty drunk there, everyone ends up dancing in tables
-Deux-Pierrot, another good place with bands, fun place to go with a group of friends and try to hit up on women between 25-30. Attract all ages.

For dates: for drinks i would suggest Bily Kun. Jazz ambiance there.
For eating, drinks and a good ambiance: Le garde-manger is so trendy. Many Montreal Canadiens players get spotted there.

But expensive dates are not a requirment, I found out girls like generally simple dates in Montreal.

During summer hitting downtown is better! Montreal is definately a summer town, while everyone is depressed during winter, a lot of people loosen up during summer and the girls are generally more willing, in a festive vibe. And tons of festivals that attracts other nationalties, like the Jazz festival, Just for laugh festival and the F1 Grand Prix.

Quebec..mainly Montreal

Quote: (03-08-2013 02:25 PM)MrRoundtree Wrote:  

Exactly, and like I said Quebec girls all have that dream to go visit or live in California. From TV shows mostly, so I'm pretty sure any Californian with game would kill here, as with guys from the UK and Australians.

I meant the french girls smoke much more than girls from Quebec. It is pretty frown upon here.

If you guys ever have the chance to come back, I would suggest these bars around the Plateau, trendier crowd, mostly graduates or grad students, pub culture and mostly french speaking. This is where we go during winter and the talent level is pretty good.

Miss Villeray
Rachel-Rachel
Taverne Normand
Le Edgard

Around Vieux-Port:
-Queue-Leu Leu is younger but the girls get pretty drunk there, everyone ends up dancing in tables
-Deux-Pierrot, another good place with bands, fun place to go with a group of friends and try to hit up on women between 25-30. Attract all ages.

For eating, drinks and a good ambiance: Le garde-manger is so trendy. Many Montreal Canadiens players get spotted there.

But expensive dates are not a requirment, I found out girls like generally simple dates in Montreal.

During summer hitting downtown is better! Montreal is definately a summer town, while everyone is depressed during winter, a lot of people loosen up during summer and the girls are generally more willing, in a festive vibe. And tons of festivals that attracts other nationalties, like the Jazz festival, Just for laugh festival and the F1 Grand Prix.

California is a slight edge. Not huge.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Yes, it is way better than saying you are from Zanesville, OH, but that is true anywhere.

Completely disagree.

Great report though.

A bunch of those places I didn't know about. Will hit up.

I didn't feel this place. Which nights are busiest. And don't say Fri/Sat.

Le garde-manger is so trendy. Many Montreal Canadiens players get spotted there.

I kind of hate this place.

Miss Villeray
Rachel-Rachel
Taverne Normand
Le Edgard

Around Vieux-Port:

Which nights are best at these places?

It is key in Montreal to know which nights are best.

Example:

Cavalli on Thurs= good time. Cavalli on Fri = dead.

Rosalie on Wed and Sat = good time. Rosalie on Thurs and Fri = dead.

Break it down a little more.

Quebec..mainly Montreal

Does anyone have intel on Quebec City? Thinking of going left field this weekend and pulling the trigger on it.

Quebec..mainly Montreal

I will be in Quebec City this weekend for our graduation prom, we are a bunch of engineers but we will definately hit the clubs on saturday night. Heard great good things about Grande-Allée street and Le Dagobert nighclub but don't know much about other bars...

Quebec..mainly Montreal

I wish I could help you Hen.

I was in Montreal 4 months and never made it to QC.

Miss Villeray
Rachel-Rachel
Taverne Normand
Le Edgard

Around Vieux-Port:

Example:

Quebec..mainly Montreal

Quote: (04-29-2013 08:04 PM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

Does anyone have intel on Quebec City? Thinking of going left field this weekend and pulling the trigger on it.

My intel is dated, haven't been there since 05' but most of the action seems to occur on the main drag which is called "la grande alle", that's where the biggest nightclub is, a place called Le Dagobert, its a big old building that looks like a castle and has a few different areas to it. There's also some nice little traditional pubs that specialize in Quebecois folk songs on le grande alle. As far as I remember, the grande alle is outside of the walled old city, but very close, within walking distance.

The old city is very nice and I mean very nice, I'll go out on a limb here and say that its one of the most quaint, picturesque a beautiful areas of North America. Check out Chateau frontenac, lots of very nice cafes, restaurants and old pubs in the old city, try to get a hotel near there. QC is a very walkable city, small and compact, you won't need a car to get around.

Now, the only downside to Quebec City is the French factor, simply put, many people aren't fluent, although most young people can carry on a basic conversation, Hen, considering your style and the way you roll, its shouldn't be too bad, just don't expect Montreal level English.

I think you'll have a great time in Quebec City, its one of my favorite cities in all of North America, take your camera for sure and bonne chance!

Dagobert: http://dagobert.ca/

Chateau Frontenac: http://www.fairmont.com/frontenac-quebec/

Old Quebec City:

Quebec..mainly Montreal

Quote: (04-29-2013 11:13 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Miss Villeray
Rachel-Rachel
Taverne Normand
Le Edgard

Around Vieux-Port:

Example:

I would say Edgard Hypertarvene is pretty popular on saturday nights I never went there any other night.

I went to 2 Pierrot a friday night and it was packed, but it's a bar chansonnier not a nightclub, there's possibility to have fun nights there but don't expect people overlydressed, people do not go there to show off and you can expect nice girls from this place.

Don't know much about Queue Leu-Leu, the crowd is a little too young for me, think 18-21 years old.

Friday night is good for Miss Villeray

Taverne Normand is great on saturday and friday night

I would add another cool bar I just recently went to, it's called Corova it's pretty dark inside and there's a small dancefloor with good underground music, the chicks were pretty hot. I got approached by a girl while washing my hands because the sinks are just outside the bathrooms and shared by both sexes. She just threw soap in my hands while smiling when I was getting them wet... I'm definately gonna try that move next time. It was a saturday night, couldn't tell the age of the crowd though.

Quebec..mainly Montreal

Quote: (04-29-2013 08:04 PM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

Most of the nightlife in Quebec City is in the Grande-Allee, there is as already mentioned Le Dagobert, which is popular mostly among the younger crowd, lots of 18-20 years old, this place has two stages, in the first one there's some live music and the second one is the nightclub itself. Across the street you have Chez Maurice which is classier, you'll find a slightly older crowd, the music is less great than in Dagobert though; upstairs there's this other place called Charlotte, it's more of a lounge-bar. Also, as mentioned before, there are some bars that focus on Quebecois traditional music, they're called "boite-a-chanson", the most famous one is called Napoleon, also in the Grande-Allee.

There's also a street called Saint-Jean, it's a quite long, it goes all the way through the Old Quebec, which starts after the walls. Outside of the walls, within walking distance of the Grande-Allee, you can find a couple of good bars. The most popular one is called Le Sacrilege, it's in front of the Saint-Jean Baptiste church, its is quite small though. If you ask for Le Sacrilege or "Sacre" as it's known, most of the people will be able to direct you, it's very popular. The other one I went to is called Ninkasi, closer to the wall, also on the rue Saint-Jean. If I can recall correctly, Ninkasi is best on Fridays, but wouldn't be so sure.

Quebec..mainly Montreal

Quote: (04-29-2013 11:57 PM)MrRoundtree Wrote:  

Quote: (04-29-2013 11:13 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Miss Villeray
Rachel-Rachel
Taverne Normand
Le Edgard

Around Vieux-Port:

Example:

I would say Edgard Hypertarvene is pretty popular on saturday nights I never went there any other night.

I went to 2 Pierrot a friday night and it was packed, but it's a bar chansonnier not a nightclub, there's possibility to have fun nights there but don't expect people overlydressed, people do not go there to show off and you can expect nice girls from this place.

Don't know much about Queue Leu-Leu, the crowd is a little too young for me, think 18-21 years old.

Friday night is good for Miss Villeray

Taverne Normand is great on saturday and friday night

I would add another cool bar I just recently went to, it's called Corova it's pretty dark inside and there's a small dancefloor with good underground music, the chicks were pretty hot. I got approached by a girl while washing my hands because the sinks are just outside the bathrooms and shared by both sexes. She just threw soap in my hands while smiling when I was getting them wet... I'm definately gonna try that move next time. It was a saturday night, couldn't tell the age of the crowd though.

Thanks.

You got any hot tips during the week?

That is always the key to a city.

Tips on Fri and Sat lack punch because it's not hard to find a part on the weekend in Montreal.

Quebec..mainly Montreal

Quote: (04-30-2013 07:43 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Tips on Fri and Sat lack punch because it's not hard to find a part on the weekend in Montreal.

G, clear out your inbox.

Quebec..mainly Montreal

Shoot me an email:

thegmanifesto at yahoo dot com

Quebec..mainly Montreal

I went to club La Tulipe on friday night, I had lot of fun, huge dancefloor although the music sucks (mosly old hits from the 80es and shitty pop music but pretty fun nonetheless). Lots of group of 2-3-4 girls and a lot of them were dancing around us and approaching us, grabbed their hand and they were not reluctant. The barmaids were rude though.

I give a pretty good rating to this place, definately a cool place to go out with a group of friends and you just need to look like someone having fun and you will get smiles and opportunities to approach.

Do not go there on saturdays though.

Quebec..mainly Montreal

Quote: (05-11-2013 07:52 PM)MrRoundtree Wrote:  

I went to club La Tulipe on friday night, I had lot of fun, huge dancefloor although the music sucks (mosly old hits from the 80es and shitty pop music but pretty fun nonetheless). Lots of group of 2-3-4 girls and a lot of them were dancing around us and approaching us, grabbed their hand and they were not reluctant. The barmaids were rude though.

I give a pretty good rating to this place, definately a cool place to go out with a group of friends and you just need to look like someone having fun and you will get smiles and opportunities to approach.

Do not go there on saturdays though.

Is this place a live band place?

Where is it?

Why don't go on Saturdays?

Which nights are best?

---

Also, You got any hot tips during the week?

That is always the key to a city.

Tips on Fri and Sat lack punch because it's not hard to find a party on the weekend in Montreal.

Quebec..mainly Montreal

Anyone else have info on Quebec City?

I think I may spend my summer there instead of Montreal.

Quebec..mainly Montreal

Quote: (05-29-2013 10:19 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Anyone else have info on Quebec City?

I think I may spend my summer there instead of Montreal.

I plan to hit QC this summer and will definitely drop a sheet.

Quebec..mainly Montreal

quebec city makes montreal seem like London in terms of how francophone it is.

you could get by with english in mtl, not so in QC

Quebec..mainly Montreal

Quote: (05-29-2013 10:12 PM)bigxxx Wrote:  

In heavy tourist areas (like bars) you will have no problems finding English speaking people. Montreal is more of an international city so of course QC is going to be more francophone.

Quebec..mainly Montreal

Quote: (05-29-2013 10:53 PM)Jaylow Wrote:  

Quote: (05-29-2013 10:12 PM)bigxxx Wrote:  

In heavy tourist areas (like bars) you will have no problems finding English speaking people. Montreal is more of an international city so of course QC is going to be more francophone.

Do you guys have any more information on Quebec City beyond common knowledge?

(Not trying to be "mean" here in case that question came off that way.)

Quebec..mainly Montreal

I was in QC ages ago and am still surprised that Daegobert is still going strong. I know they used to have body painting sessions on Thursdays. Not sure if that is still going on. Very picturesque city.

I will reiterate what others said. You really need to brush up on your french if you go to Quebec City. These people are serious about their language.

In the summer, a major music festival is held called Festival D'Ete de Quebec, for something like 10 days in the beginning of July. For a ridiculously low price you can get an access pass and attend some great concerts. My buddy watched Kanye West when he was one of the peformers at the show. Good mix of francophone and anglophone music. Geat way to meet girls from Quebec City and the province as well.

Quebec..mainly Montreal

For a city it's size (American cities the size of Quebec City are Oklahoma or Tucson), Quebec has a lot going on (the already mentioned Festival d'Ete, the Carnival in winter, Red Bull Crashed Ice, la Fete de la Nouvelle-France, etc), however it is no Montreal in terms of nightlife or variety of things to do and places to go. In my opinion, Quebecois girls from Quebec City are generally cuter than those in Mtl, and they are definitely friendlier. However, Quebec is nowhere nearly as diverse as Montreal, so you won't find much variety. In the summer however there are lots of anglophone Canadian college girls that go there "to learn French."