rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

And you thought there was an issue with American male masculinity...

We make so much issue of the loss of masculinity of the American male, and masculinization of the American female. I will not contest that the American female is becoming more masculine, to everyone's detriment, especially masculine males...

But, after spending the last 5 weeks traveling around Mexico, staying in hotels and hostels and meeting lot's of mostly European tourists, I really belive that American men have to be some of the most masculine men in the western wealthy industrialized world.

For some reason there are a shit ton of Germans in Mexico, I have met more Germans that tourists from any other one single country, in addition to Germans I have seen and observed many other Europeans including, the French, Dutch, and Italians.

Now no diss to our European forum members, but I got to say so many of these guys, especially the French, but also the Germans are feminized, androgynous looking men, who look borderline gay, and look like they have never lifted a weight in their lives.

I can't tell you how many times I have seen a dude wearing some gay looking sandals, some tight capri shorts, etc., to the point where I have this inner gut instinct to want to bitch slap them, even though they have done nothing to me. It's mostly the capris that get me, but I always hear how fashionable European men are, maybe they are when they are at home in their colder climates when they go out to bars and nightclubs, but the Euro guys I see on vacation here all dress like shit. For some reason they all dress like they are trying to look like preppy suburban white teenagers, circa 1998, with American Eagle, Abercrombie & Fitch, and Holister Clothing Co t-shirts, and don't even get me started on the fanny packs.

To me American, as well as Aussie, and to a lesser extent Brittish guys, are extremely masculine compared to these androgynous European nerds. Now I realize that I am painting broad strokes here, and this obviously doesn't apply to everyone, I have seen a few super jacked up German dudes who looked roided out and not to be fucked with. However, overall these guys seem like they have been eating way too much soy, or were born with high doses of estrogen.

It's kind of odd that I even post this, because if you guys have or would meet me, I am not even the most classically masculine man you will meet out there. In the past couple years I have gotten serious about weightlifting and martial arts as hobbies, but overall I am an extremely chill, laid back, compassionate, and open minded guy, not your typical meathead or tatted out cage fighter kind of persona. Maybe it's the influence of this forum, but I have become way more attuned to these kind of things. The way people talk, the way they walk, their posture, their body language, how they dress, etc.

Now I will say one thing, a lot of these feminized Euro guys, are still rolling with some pretty damn fine females, the ones that are with their girlfriends at least. This brings me to another topic, which I may touch on and bust a thread on at some point, the issue with dating and how men and women match up in terms of looks, status, and sexual market value in the U.S. Aside from guys who maybe classically handsome, I am always surprised when I see some scrawny, gay looking Euro guy with a hot chick, and think ¨damn you would never see those two together in the U.S.¨

It seems that in a lot of ways there is a certain subset of American men, leading the way when it comes to such things as masculinity and self improvement, and many things fall under that umbrella, learning game, lifting weights, reading, training MMA, developing a sharp fashion sense, etc. Largely though I feel this is due out of necessity, guys need to literally step their game up in this competative dating market in the U.S. Whereas lame Euro guys, and here in Mexico especially, you see ugly dudes, short dudes, fat dudes, old dudes, etc. with hot chicks, that I seriously doubt they could ever land back in the USA.

I apologize if I sound like a hater, and in some ways I feel that I am being kind of a hater... I guess if anything it's born out of the frustation of having put in so much time and effort to better myself, for often paltry results, only to see guys who in my mind are less worthy, with hot chicks, that I doubt they could ever land if they had to deal with the sexual market in the US.

Americans are overweight. Deal with it. Most Americans are not jacked up. But a slimmer euro is going to have a slimmer build when cut up. It seems to be your issue Not there's. Yes euros including some uk guys I knew do dress in colors that we AMericans will not. But fashion is subjective isn't it?

If ever, you should not ask what's wrong over there, but what's wrong on your side of the pond.
You see them as less worthy for what they're dating, when infact it is probably just your distorted view which you can thank for the US society & dating market.

I must also add that Mexico is not the typical destination for germans, and especialy not for a "masculine" german guy.
It's more of a hipster destination, just like India would be frequented alot by american hipsters.

Americans are fat asses.

European girls (esp FSU) are hotter than American girls.

And American guys lift, do MMA, focus on fashion, learn reverse Peacock ultra game 3.0, obsess about swagger (vs substance), because they're competing for inferior women who think they're 10s when they're actually 3s.

In other words, most guys (and girls) in the US are living in a delusional psychosis as to their true sexual value when compared to the rest of the world.

So, homie spends a few weeks traveling through Mexico and uses that limited experience to paint and generalize, falsely, the population of an entire continent based on a tiny sample or rather, a niche within a number of nationalities he met while on vacation. Just brilliant!

I'm sure you are all ears to hear about what people think of the cool American tourists while on vacation, don't you?[Image: tard.gif]

Newsflash: cultures are different, dress is different in every part of the world specially with Europeans being more fashionable than anyone. Americans, is a well known fact, for the majority, dress like total slobs.

And if you felt so strongly about them, as the uber ripped up fashionable alpha that you are, why didn't you stop those guys in person and tell them what you thought about them instead of bitching on a forum, hey? Would have been much more fun and you'd have received a more hands on kind of response...

Here's a tip to you: travel more and this time, actually go to Yurop and in the various countries inside of it, get off the beaten path and interact with the locals. And leave the mightier than thou attitude at home. You will have a totally different experience.

[Image: popcorn3.gif]

Oh no.

[Image: A_Boy_Stirring_Up_a_Nest_Bees_Royalty_Fr...191053.jpg]

[Image: 53.jpg]

Quote: (03-06-2013 09:11 PM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

Now no diss to our European forum members, but I got to say so many of these guys, especially the French, but also the Germans are feminized, androgynous looking men, who look borderline gay, and look like they have never lifted a weight in their lives.

I am always surprised when I see some scrawny, gay looking Euro guy with a hot chick, and think ¨damn you would never see those two together in the U.S.¨

It's your Amero-centric view talking.
Since the sexual market in the US is messed up, men are having to compensate, sometimes in misdirected ways. Some guys become white knights, some PUAs, some frat bros, and many lift weights. These are all attempts to achieve sexual success. Think about lifting weights. It's historically new, it's unnatural (in the sense of going to a gym and using special equipment, taking supplements, etc.) Yet many agree that it's part of the necessary baseline for entering the 20% of the male population that has sex with attractive women.

In other countries, things are simply less messed up. Men can be men. Not artificially swole, or aggressive douchebags (not saying that those who lift are douchebags) or whiny make feminists. Just men who have the bodies that their genes give them, are confident, and spend their lives getting the job done and getting rewarded with a sufficiently agreeable companion. That's the way it should be, and is to a much greater extent in most non-Anglosphere nations.

The guy with unfashionable shorts in Germany, or the small "androgynous" guy in Asia who doesn't work out, is probably happier than most guys with the macho swag in the US. He's just being himself, and being average in many countries, while still average, will get him an OK girl and - this is the thing - respect from his peers and women in his social circle. The hot receptionist in the US will look down on Mr Average Desk jockey in her office because at the weekend she's getting pounded by bad boys. In other countries, though, she will greet Mr Desk Jockey on Monday morning with respect. Not attraction, maybe, but respect. Multiply that by 100 and you have a good social environment rather than a toxic one. Mr Non-Cool Shorts is doing OK.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

the buff guy thing is more or less an american(maybe british,austrialian) phenomenon. sure there are some guys in other countries who work out excessively but in my travels its a really small percentage. most of the world outside of the anglosphere doesnt have so many fat chicks. thats the real reason most guys are working out. by working out they make themselves sexually competitive and put themselves in a position to date the remaining thin women in the general population.

Game/red pill article links

"Chicks dig power, men dig beauty, eggs are expensive, sperm is cheap, men are expendable, women are perishable." - Heartiste

The same is argued with Asian guys, like posters above said different cultures and mentality.

Some will use intellect and culture over protein powder, TRT, HGH and Steroids.

Quote: (03-06-2013 10:37 PM)bacon Wrote:  

the buff guy thing is more or less an american(maybe british,austrialian) phenomenon. sure there are some guys in other countries who work out excessively but in my travels its a really small percentage. most of the world outside of the anglosphere doesnt have so many fat chicks. thats the real reason most guys are working out. by working out they make themselves sexually competitive and put themselves in a position to date the remaining thin women in the general population.

Not sure if I buy this.

What about Bulgarian and other EE weightlifters and wrestlers?

Those guys run the spot right?

And very little fat girls, right?

Correct me if my thinking is wrong. (Never been there, but the cats I have known from there and were weightlifters and wrestlers, competitive ie Olympic, are top cats over there.)

And the cats I beefed with in Latvia were pretty much monsters. Well, one was.

Quote: (03-06-2013 10:52 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Not sure if I buy this.

Correct me if my thinking is wrong. (Never been there, but the cats I have known from there and were weightlifters and wrestlers, competitive ie Olympic, are top cats over there.)

Correct. There's a macho brawling subculture in large swaths of the FSU.

But the difference is that local guys in the FSU get girls no matter what subculture they belong to.

In fact, I'd say the bodybuilders are the ones who get the least amount of women compared to say, normal intelligent guys with a sense of humor and above average job prospects.

You know, the way it should be. Unlike fucked up America.

[Image: oldshitcopy.png]

Quote: (03-06-2013 11:07 PM)temujin Wrote:  

Not sure if I buy this.

But the difference is that local guys in the FSU get girls no matter what subculture they belong to.

In fact, I'd say the bodybuilders are the ones who get the least amount of women compared to say, normal intelligent guys with a sense of humor and above average job prospects.

I am talking ex-weightlifters and wrestlers, you know the type of guys who own resorts in Sunny Beach, and stuff like that.

You know, the type of guys who own dried fruits companies, sugar plants and sunflower oil plants among other businesses.

Those guys and there friends and biz associates are the top right?

I mean, they do better than a skinny Bulgarian nerd, with a little intellect, a dead end job and a couple of knock-knock jokes, right?

Quote: (03-06-2013 11:14 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Not sure if I buy this.

I am talking ex-weightlifters and wrestlers, you know the type of guys who own resorts in Sunny Beach, and stuff like that.

You know, the type of guys who dried fruits companies, sugar plants and sunflower oil plants among other businesses.

I mean, they do better than a skinny Bulgarian nerd, with a little intellect, a dead end job and a couple of knock-knock jokes, right?

Sure, money talks. Esp. when the average wage is...600-900 euros a month.

Quote: (03-06-2013 11:16 PM)temujin Wrote:  

Quote: (03-06-2013 11:14 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Not sure if I buy this.

You know, the type of guys who own dried fruits companies, sugar plants and sunflower oil plants among other businesses.

Sure, money talks. Esp. when the average wage is...600-900 euros a month.

OK.

So what is the difference with America then?

Bacon was claiming that guys working out is an "American Phenomenon" because we have "fat chicks".

(Thanks for the cultural insights, I am trying to understand).

Quote: (03-06-2013 11:20 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

So what is the difference with America then?

Bacon was claiming that guys working out is an "American Phenomenon" because we have "fat chicks".

(Thanks for the cultural insights, I am trying to understand).

Ancients Greeks had a physical culture of wrestling and working out.
Germans in the 1920s developed a physical culture of being buff.
The Balkans apparently have a work-out culture. I don't know much about it, but those countries were always big on wrestling and lifting in the Olympics.

And America, no question has a work-out culture which you can trace back to Arnie (and beyond, of course) and has been mainstream since the 1980s.

Different times and places, different physical cultures. It's not too much of stretch to say that in the USA it's now seen as a major strategy (not the only one, sure) to get yourself into the tier of guys that can have sex with the remaining thin women.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

OGNorCal707 I guess your thread is born out of sheer frustration that you guys in the US dont get quality girls though you yourself think you´re great quality because you invest so much in your body, look so ultra masculine etc.. I am German.. I am not gonna say that everything you posted is wrong, but hey I´ve met so many Americans.. some had long hair, didnt work out at all and looked like complete computer nerds!! some others were just fat, some others did workout, had a great masculine body but were so primitive and uneducated that girls in other countries could smell their stupidity 10 miles away!!
so please tell me: WHAT THE HELL is wrong with wearing A&F or Hollister Tees?? they look great, especially if you got a well trained body.. don´t have anything against capri shorts either..
and please tell me WHY does a man have to do MixedMartialArts in order to be respected by girls, by you or by other superficial dickheads??? so , many American guys do MMA? good for them !! but sorry man , that just makes me laugh!! and if American girls requiere it I really feel pity for you!!

Dont get me wrong I really like America , their culture and met many nice cats from overthere.. but your post is the most ridiculous I´ve ever read!! I bet you dont even speak fluent Spanish but then get annoyed when Europeans get more girls in Mexico than you !! So sad!! xD

The difference is that the skinny Estonian guy with a sense of humor, good job, and a desire to chase pussy, is going to be pulling hotter women than you.

Look, I'm an average looking guy. You could call me a nerd. And I'd put my top 5 FSU girlfriends against ANY GUY and be confident they are superior. At least for my tastes.

The ex-wrestler, feigning gangster swagger, smoking a cigar, and owning a beach-front club gets girls. Sure.

But he's tops for just the subgroup of girls that want that kind of guy.

There are huge number of hotties who are perfectly fine with a decent looking guy with a sense of humor, good job prospects, and some sexuality.

Can we say the same in the US? Can I go to any club and be overloaded with skinny hotties who just want a decent guy with a sense of humor?

I got you now.

Quote: (03-06-2013 11:38 PM)temujin Wrote:  

The difference is that the skinny Estonian guy with a sense of humor, good job, and a desire to chase pussy, is going to be pulling hotter women than you.

You mean in Estonia right?

Because I think the smart money would be on me outside of there.

Unless you want to go broke of course.

What about you, who does good in EE?

Skinny Estonian?

Or you?

Quote: (03-07-2013 12:05 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

I got you now.

You mean in Estonia right?

Because I think the smart money would be on me outside of there.

Unless you want to go broke of course.

What about you, who does good in EE?

Skinny Estonian?

Or you?

Yeah, in Estonia. And I meant him in Estonia, you (more in the generic sense) in the US. Not you and some skinny dude slugging it out at a club in downtown Tallinn in a pussy competition.

And listen, I'm generalizing here for the sake of argument. I have no idea what the scene is like in Craiova, Romania or Arandelovac, Serbia, for example.

For all I know, it's only ex-wrestler, Sambo champions who go suited down with cash belts that get women over there.

I'm just speaking from my experience over the last decade.

And things change fast as well. The flat head construction worker who got girls without much effort? Well, now, he has more competition.

The scene is fluid.

We make so much issue of the loss of masculinity of the American male, and masculinization of the American female. I will not contest that the American female is becoming more masculine, to everyone's detriment, especially masculine males...

But, after spending the last 5 weeks traveling around Mexico, staying in hotels and hostels and meeting lot's of mostly European tourists, I really belive that American men have to be some of the most masculine men in the western wealthy industrialized world.

For some reason there are a shit ton of Germans in Mexico, I have met more Germans that tourists from any other one single country, in addition to Germans I have seen and observed many other Europeans including, the French, Dutch, and Italians.

I can't tell you how many times I have seen a dude wearing some gay looking sandals, some tight capri shorts, etc., to the point where I have this inner gut instinct to want to bitch slap them, even though they have done nothing to me. It's mostly the capris that get me, but I always hear how fashionable European men are, maybe they are when they are at home in their colder climates when they go out to bars and nightclubs, but the Euro guys I see on vacation here all dress like shit. For some reason they all dress like they are trying to look like preppy suburban white teenagers, circa 1998, with American Eagle, Abercrombie & Fitch, and Holister Clothing Co t-shirts, and don't even get me started on the fanny packs.

To me American, as well as Aussie, and to a lesser extent Brittish guys, are extremely masculine compared to these androgynous European nerds. Now I realize that I am painting broad strokes here, and this obviously doesn't apply to everyone, I have seen a few super jacked up German dudes who looked roided out and not to be fucked with. However, overall these guys seem like they have been eating way too much soy, or were born with high doses of estrogen.

It's kind of odd that I even post this, because if you guys have or would meet me, I am not even the most classically masculine man you will meet out there. In the past couple years I have gotten serious about weightlifting and martial arts as hobbies, but overall I am an extremely chill, laid back, compassionate, and open minded guy, not your typical meathead or tatted out cage fighter kind of persona. Maybe it's the influence of this forum, but I have become way more attuned to these kind of things. The way people talk, the way they walk, their posture, their body language, how they dress, etc.

Now I will say one thing, a lot of these feminized Euro guys, are still rolling with some pretty damn fine females, the ones that are with their girlfriends at least. This brings me to another topic, which I may touch on and bust a thread on at some point, the issue with dating and how men and women match up in terms of looks, status, and sexual market value in the U.S. Aside from guys who maybe classically handsome, I am always surprised when I see some scrawny, gay looking Euro guy with a hot chick, and think ¨damn you would never see those two together in the U.S.¨

It seems that in a lot of ways there is a certain subset of American men, leading the way when it comes to such things as masculinity and self improvement, and many things fall under that umbrella, learning game, lifting weights, reading, training MMA, developing a sharp fashion sense, etc. Largely though I feel this is due out of necessity, guys need to literally step their game up in this competative dating market in the U.S. Whereas lame Euro guys, and here in Mexico especially, you see ugly dudes, short dudes, fat dudes, old dudes, etc. with hot chicks, that I seriously doubt they could ever land back in the USA.

I apologize if I sound like a hater, and in some ways I feel that I am being kind of a hater... I guess if anything it's born out of the frustation of having put in so much time and effort to better myself, for often paltry results, only to see guys who in my mind are less worthy, with hot chicks, that I doubt they could ever land if they had to deal with the sexual market in the US.

[Image: 24647366.jpg]

Judging European guys as a whole from observing European tourists in Mexico.

Ok.

What can we learn from applying the same standard to American tourists in, say, Italy?

Also, thinking X and Y clothing is "gay" is something thaught to you by your frat/clique/church.

You're just used to being in the states it sounds like. That style probably works for them in Europe, and they may be looking at you like you're a strangely dressed American as well. I know the dress style you are talking about. But to be honest, I've seen some German men do really well in South America. Though they may dress different, it works for them. At the end of the day, if a German guy in capris is taking home a bad bitch and you're stuck with your dick in your hand, who really came out on top?

I've heard a lot of people from different cultures, men and women, tell me they thought the way americans dress is funny. And I've had many tell me the way we dress is cool. Either way, just do you. Go to Colombia and see the cats with rat tails, fanny packs, and nike shocks chillin' with bitches you wish you had, then you'll really feel the frustration. Yeah the Europeans have a different style, but it works for them. To be honest, a lot of them dress clean. Sure they have some qualities that would be considered feminine in the states. But what do you think foreigners think of American dudes wearing shirts that look like dresses with pants hanging bellow their waste?