rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Strategies for making good contacts in other countries before visiting?

Hey there. This is just a generic question.

As an American guy..i see the huge value in making good contacts in a country and if english is not the primary language of the country - its also important too.

i think the guy Vacancier Permanent mentioned the importance of having very good contacts, good language ability and duration of stay and all that.

For me...i have recently made contacts with a guy who runs an indenpendent dating agency out of Ukraine. I have a good feeling about this man...he has alot of integrity and i have spoken with him for a long time. He lives in a town he runs his agency from. He's a good friend too.

but my point is i met this guy online by accident and as i got to know him better...i feel like i can trust him and he can point me in the right direction of some good women and not sluts.

but i realize some of you just talk to girls online and just visit the country and wing-it. they do alot of Pipelining.

some guys have close friends who live in the place.... well...i have decided to look at some other countries other than Ukraine.

Czech Republic
Latvia
Poland
Estonia
Romania
Serbia
Hungary
the baltic countries

And i guess it really depends on what type of female / woman a man wants (level of beauty)(nice girl or slutty type) and everything factors into this question i'm asking.

but ... what strategies do you guys use to make good contacts in countries you go to. what works and what doesn't work? should i look for dating agencies? should i talk to expats from those countries and befriend them here in the USA? should i do it like that?

for me personally..i'm scared to just wing-it. I like to learn new languages.
but i like the idea of making good contacts first and then learning a language and gaming from there. sometimes i worry that beautiful women in these small countries have game and just are after the green-card and will do anything to get it.

also there are always slutty women and the prostitutes vs. the beautiful women with good character.

so what say ye?

Great idea for a post man. I don't pipeline for girls or anything, but when I do travel, I try to have some contacts before touching down. I have used Couchsurfing a couple of times to meet people. Their forums are pretty useful, especially if the city has an active CS community.

Before I went to Bogotá, I checked out the CS forums and saw that there was a post asking if anyone from the US or Europe was coming and could help bring a special type of frisbee for an ultimate frisbee group. I messaged the poster and picked one up. Once I got down there, we all met up to play, I got reimbursed, and met like 30 people in the process since we broke in the new frisbee for a game. Was a great way to meet a bunch of active (FIT GIRLS) people right away. Contacts lead to more contacts as long as you're proactive and put yourself out there.

If I see someone who seems cool on a forum and they are in my destination, I send them a quick note saying "Hey what's up? I'm headed down there on XXX, wanna grab a beer?" Having a guy (or girl) on the ground from the get-go is invaluable not only to help navigate, but also to just start it off with some good momentum.

TX

Good idea. but is Courchsurfing.org thing safe? But it sounds like it worked out for you. Good gaming there man!!

but agree about planning and putting one-self out there.

i was thinking that i need to study the language of the place

i live in Maryland/DC and try to make contacts with expats that are from that region and find out what their interests are and befriend them.

and over time build trust and show people that i'm a fun, cool guy to be around her respects their culture...and from that angle....

but apparently there are lots of more ways...to do this thank you!!!

Yeah Couchsurfing is safe. There is a vouching system and other stuff in place that seems to keep out the majority of weirdos. I have done it in Switzerland, Spain, and Colombia and had positive experiences. Sometimes there are CS barbecues or other activities too which usually attract a diverse group of people that is not always just the backpacker crowd. I know lots of people in other countries who use it as a resource to funnel English/whatever language speakers into their lives and thereby get free or low-cost practice.

Learning the language or even just phrases is beneficial. I took a trip with some friends to Thailand a while ago and while we were planning it we would get together and only eat at Thai joints around the city until we left. We'd mention to the waitresses that we going and would ask them what to do, prices of things, how do you say this, etc. That kind of stuff can be found online but it was cool just to go out and get it first hand. Some people mentioned they had family or friends in XXX spot and that we should hit them up once there but none of those contacts worked out. I am 100% sure they would work out in some cases though so I still think that is a good way to gather some intel and possible contacts before a trip too.

TX

Look no further than this forum when if comes to meeting people in far away lands.

Quote: (03-06-2013 05:03 PM)MaleDefined Wrote:  

Look no further than this forum when if comes to meeting people in far away lands.

That's what helped me out in Colombia. I met a good group of cats through this site. Only thing is, you have to go to a city that the forum likes. I tried finding a meet up in Lima and had no luck. But it was easy in Medellin. To meet my girls I did pipelining and (Edited, I said day game before, but really it was more..) night game. I'd bet there are some cool cats from the forum in eastern europe right now somewhere.

Quote: (03-06-2013 05:15 PM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  

Quote: (03-06-2013 05:03 PM)MaleDefined Wrote:  

That's what helped me out in Colombia. I met a good group of cats through this site. Only thing is, you have to go to a city that the forum likes. I tried finding a meet up in Lima and had no luck. But it was easy in Medellin. To meet my girls I did pipelining and day game. I'd bet there are some cool cats from the forum in eastern europe right now somewhere.

Or a city the forum hates.

Plenty of guys in London, DC, and Canadian cities too.

Though when I was in BKK last year for a month, I couldn't find a damn person on this board there.

My male pipelining is looking pretty strong for Rio this summer so far.

Travelbuddy.com is good for meeting up with fellow travellers and even locals. I met a cool guy from Cyprus last year for a few days while in Ukraine.