rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What is overrated in women?

I think confidence is an overrated attribute in women.

What do you think is overrated? What qualities should women not be so keen to sell themselves on?

Humor.

Every girl thinks she has a great sense of humor and that this is a very attractive quality to men.

Here is the room full of men who have ever fucked a girl based on her sense of humor.

[Image: 1014664_Seats_chairs_audience_empty.jpg]

[size=8pt]"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”[/size] [size=7pt] - Romans 8:18[/size]

Quote: (02-28-2013 03:48 PM)scorpion Wrote:  

Humor.

Every girl thinks she has a great sense of humor and that this is a very attractive quality to men.

Here is the room full of men who have ever fucked a girl based on her sense of humor.

Well if you go beyond the screen you would actually see me sitting in one of those seats. Humor in a woman (not stand up comedic types or super witty types), is fun to me. I like to laugh during the entire interaction. What definition of humor are you referring to? Yes I am white knighting the funny girls.

Intelligence. Ok, no one wants to have a relationship with a sack of rocks, but intelligence is way less important than amicability.

Ambition, I could care less about a girl's career ambition. I understand we all have to eat and people want to succeed in this world. But when girls start to spit up their resume as a means to impress or attract I feel the urge to want to hit my head against the wall. And it's never interesting shit, its always some white collar office gig where she gets to wear a gray suit and dress like Hillary Clinton.

about everything.

"Fart, and if you must, fart often. But always fart without apology. Fart for freedom, fart for liberty, and fart proudly" (Ben Franklin)

Quote: (02-28-2013 03:56 PM)Acute Angle Wrote:  

Intelligence. Ok, no one wants to have a relationship with a sack of rocks, but intelligence is way less important than amicability.

Even if the entire female gender magically lost the ability to read and write, men would still date/ marry them.

Quote: (02-28-2013 03:55 PM)RougeNoir Wrote:  

Humor.

Well if you go beyond the screen you would actually see me sitting in one of those seats. Humor in a woman (not stand up comedic types or super witty types), is fun to me. I like to laugh during the entire interaction. What definition of humor are you referring to? Yes I am white knighting the funny girls.

I don't think you really understood the thread.

There's a difference between a girl who laughs at funny jokes (a normal person) and girls who think their sense of humor is one of their best assets and ceaselessly injects snarky and sarcastic comments into every conversation.

The former is fine, and desirable. The latter is awful to experience.

[size=8pt]"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”[/size] [size=7pt] - Romans 8:18[/size]

You mean what they value? "I'm funny, I'm smart, I make my own money.."

Or what we say that we value? - face, body, loyalty, cooking, cleaning, submissiveness?

The latter is a more interesting discussion.

WIA

Id say social intelligence as a whole for the entire female gender. Women are promoted as being supposedly so much more aware socially than men, but ive encountered countless numbers of women that have horrible conversational skills, are nervous and fidgety around men that they like, act like little girls even though they are grown and many other social deficiencies.

Its often implied that by default a woman is going to just spring into this mature alluring lady if they like you, and that if they dont, its your fault as a man. Ive found that thats a lot of times far from the truth. Girls get nervous and mumble and fumble over themselves too. They fuck up a good thing by being weird sometimes just like men do.

Quote: (02-28-2013 04:52 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

You mean what they value? "I'm funny, I'm smart, I make my own money.."

Or what we say that we value? - face, body, loyalty, cooking, cleaning, submissiveness?

The latter is a more interesting discussion.

WIA

I mean what they think is attractive. But hey, take it in any direction you like, it's all good.

Assertiveness is another one that I think is overrated. And the old classic "strong and independent". God I hate that one. They're so damn clueless, not to mention weak and dependent.

What's overrated is their ability to be empathetic/sympathetic.
I've been seeing the pattern for a long time, but didn't know how to phrase it.
But I think it is a function of solipsism. Where some things they will always view from their own perspective, not being able to is like the flip side of the same coin.

This happened recently. Female friend asks,
"Why do you do (Activity A)?"
It sounded odd when she asked, and my answers that sprung to mind would've answered the question, 'Why do you like to do (Activity A)?'
But that wasn't the question.
And before I could answer she said,
"Why do you do (Activity A)? I don't like to do it -- I'm no good at it."

The question was posed as if she could not fathom any other perspective beyond her own.

In other words, 'Since I don't like X, how could anyone else possibly like X?'

Which seems to be the opposite of empathetic.

(Sorry if I'm being overly circuitous.)

Having mostly male friends. Are you such a cunt that you can't get along with other girls?

Baking. Bitch, talk to me when you can cook a steak.

Career. Please, tell me more about your 60-hour work week.

Humor or intelligence.

The extent to which I appreciate a girls' sense of humor is how she will laugh at or understand my jokes.

The extent to which I appreciate a girls' intelligence is her ability to string words together into sentences.

Quote: (02-28-2013 04:23 PM)scorpion Wrote:  

Quote: (02-28-2013 03:55 PM)RougeNoir Wrote:  

Humor.

I don't think you really understood the thread.

There's a difference between a girl who laughs at funny jokes (a normal person) and girls who think their sense of humor is one of their best assets and ceaselessly injects snarky and sarcastic comments into every conversation.

The former is fine, and desirable. The latter is awful to experience.

You notice when a girl is actually funny because she does not force it. This old Asian girl whom I used to chill with would have me in tears, she legit had good humour and we would make each other laugh till our faces hurt. But she did not broadcast it or anything and her other skills (she was a good cook, very feminine, worked boring ass HR work) always trumped her funny card.

I need a stimulating women though. She can't just only look good, she has to be smart or funny. I need to have that to keep my mind from wandering.

As I sometimes say to drop a little boy on a hamster, If I wanted a partner that is strong, confident, boisterous, funny, et al. I'd be a homosexual.

The trouble is that most progressive type girls only have the pretense of these qualities they claim they have. They incorrectly see "masculinity" as the center of all power and form themselves into a caricature of a man. Sometimes it feels like playing a full contact sport with a 10 year old.

When women say "Im independent" and still want men to pay for everything.

This is true. Women have a terrible time moving from personal experience to abstract reasoning. They cannot fathom that some things might generally be true while there are exceptions.

Example:
Me: Women are generally physically weaker than men.
Her: That's not true, my friend Karen is a marine and she can do 12 push-ups. And my friend Frank is a [Image: gay.gif] and he can't even do one.

Me: The war on drugs is costly and destructive to basic freedoms. Victimless offenses may be vices but not crimes.
Her: Hey! My friend Karen had her life destroyed by drugs. Why do you hate teh children?

Quote: (02-28-2013 05:31 PM)Sombro Wrote:  

What's overrated is their ability to be empathetic/sympathetic.
I've been seeing the pattern for a long time, but didn't know how to phrase it.
But I think it is a function of solipsism. Where some things they will always view from their own perspective, not being able to is like the flip side of the same coin.

This happened recently. Female friend asks,
"Why do you do (Activity A)?"
It sounded odd when she asked, and my answers that sprung to mind would've answered the question, 'Why do you like to do (Activity A)?'
But that wasn't the question.
And before I could answer she said,
"Why do you do (Activity A)? I don't like to do it -- I'm no good at it."

The question was posed as if she could not fathom any other perspective beyond her own.

In other words, 'Since I don't like X, how could anyone else possibly like X?'

Which seems to be the opposite of empathetic.

(Sorry if I'm being overly circuitous.)

Quote: (03-01-2013 01:01 AM)EisenBarde Wrote:  

As I sometimes say to drop a little boy on a hamster, If I wanted a partner that is strong, confident, boisterous, funny, et al. I'd be a homosexual.

I like to watch the hamster spin by asking a "strong independent woman" this question:

Who do you have more respect for - a kind sweet grandmother with a large family and many grandkids, or an aging crabby PR executive pathetically trying to look young and sexy?

Or, as a variation, I say:

I don't understand why a 30-year old woman with healthy children, a nice pleasant well-maintained home, and a happy husband is vilified while a 30-year old woman slaving away over deposition files in a law office is a heroic gladiator against "teh patriarchy."

Quote: (02-28-2013 05:00 PM)Johnny1975 Wrote:  

And the old classic "strong and independent". God I hate that one. They're so damn clueless, not to mention weak and dependent.

Here's the strong independent woman in a rare moment of introspection:

[Image: I2PX5qO.jpg]

"The great secret of happiness in love is to be glad that the other fellow married her." – H.L. Mencken

looks as part of long term attraction

I wanted to follow up this comment with an explanation. I know I left it out there hanging.

Around here and other places in the manosphere you'll here people say that looks are most important or at least at top of the list along with a pleasant disposition and being agreeable.

Well I can tell you that after 3 years of being with and 8+ the looks just begin to not even matter at all. There has to be something more to keep up the attraction on my end. Its not the answer for long term relationships.

I don't know what is either.

As they say, for every hot girl there is a dude sick of banging her.

Confidence.

Couldn't disagree more about confidence, it can make or break a girl for me.

Conversational skills.

No matter how hot she is, i'll lose interest if she's boring (and even feel a twinge of guilt if I'm banging a hot but boring chick -- a residual beta trait, I'll admit.)