rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Happiest places in America

Study was done by analyzing geo-tagged keywords in Twitter and they came up with a map graphic where people were more likely to have positive or negative tweets.

Looks as though the west is generally more happy than the east and south, though the northeast corridor seems happy. Hawaii is the happiest state and Napa, CA is the happiest city in America.

[Image: states_2011.jpg?w=487]

http://onehappybird.com/2013/02/18/where...n-the-usa/

More detailed map: http://onehappybird.files.wordpress.com/...a_2011.jpg

One for LA alone: http://www.uvm.edu/storylab/share/papers...im,_CA.jpg

Forget the study, I live in real life, I travel across america...

I would say the happiest place is hawaii...easily...the weather is great, the beauty of hawaii will make you humble and relax...

Hawaii is the closest to heaven on earth....

Quote: (02-27-2013 02:22 AM)jerome Wrote:  

I would say the happiest place is hawaii...easily...the weather is great, the beauty of hawaii will make you humble and relax...

The city where bitches dont put out easily? Places like these are never the happiest places.

banging bitches is not everything....banging bitches does not make a man happy...banging bitches is pleasure not happinesss...

the question is happiest place, not what brings you pleasure..
'

I always thought pleasure comes before happiness, i mean, pleasure brings happiness. How can you be happy if there is no pleasure?

Quote: (02-27-2013 05:05 AM)pitt Wrote:  

Quote: (02-27-2013 02:22 AM)jerome Wrote:  

The city where bitches dont put out easily? Places like these are never the happiest places.

Not to be disrespectful but that sentence makes you seem like some kind of loser.

Why are so many people here complaining about *everything*?

"What is happiness? A moment before you need more happiness."-Don Draper

Happiness does not mean contentment. These people may just be deeper in the rat race.

Quote: (02-27-2013 06:32 AM)pitt Wrote:  

I always thought pleasure comes before happiness, i mean, pleasure brings happiness. How can you be happy if there is no pleasure?

Pleasure is momentary, happiness is more of a long term sense of well being. Happiness can also come from things that aren't necessarily pleasurable. Ask any of your friends with kids. Having a kid isn't pleasurable, but most people will say that family contributes to their happiness.

Quote: (02-27-2013 04:41 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Quote: (02-27-2013 06:32 AM)pitt Wrote:  

Pleasure is momentary, happiness is more of a long term sense of well being. Happiness can also come from things that aren't necessarily pleasurable. Ask any of your friends with kids. Having a kid isn't pleasurable, but most people will say that family contributes to their happiness.

Interesting perspective. I like mine too.

Mississippi among the worst? I can see that...there seems to be a dark cloud over everyone there.

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

"put her in the taxi, put her number in the trash can"

I would like to see this study overlapped by states with the highest anti-depressent prescriptions and therapy sessions. When I lived in SoCal all those wack jobs were dosed up and seeing therapists. IMO they might say they are happy but it;s bullshit.

Quote: (02-27-2013 04:52 PM)kenny_powers Wrote:  

I would like to see this study overlapped by states with the highest anti-depressent prescriptions and therapy sessions. When I lived in SoCal all those wack jobs were dosed up and seeing therapists. IMO they might say they are happy but it;s bullshit.

no way, dude. per capita it's Utah that chomps down the most antidepressant pills, IIRC more than DOUBLE per capita than California !!!

http://www.politicususa.com/religious-re...sants.html

But the whole scale only goes from 5.9 to 6.15 so how meaningful can it really be?

I need to look into maine.

If you're going to try, go all the way. There is no other feeling like that. You will be alone with the gods, and the nights will flame with fire. You will ride life straight to perfect laughter. It's the only good fight there is.

Disable "Click here to Continue"

My Testosterone Adventure: Part I | Part II | Part III | Part IV | Part V

Quote:Quote:
if it happened to you it’s your fault, I got no sympathy and I don’t believe your version of events.

Quote: (02-27-2013 06:30 PM)storm Wrote:  

In the summer, thing cheap lobster, boating, sailing and swimming in cold water. And camping. Lots of camping. Plus the temperature is absolutely near perfect (anywhere between 70-80 degrees daily, perfect sleeping weather in the night at around 60-65). It reminds me a bit of the Finnish archipelago, and the people are just as nice.

Maine may be heaven on earth if you're into the whole maritime experience.

Depends on what you like of course.

Grew up in Maine (well spent the first 13 years in DC, then the next few in Brazil and Argentina, but I say I'm from Maine). Best place IMO to have grown up. However, it would be a shitty place to be 18-45 and living there, unless you had a family I guess.

Love that state. If any of you guys are planning a vacay or anything, PM me and I'll tell you what I know (and if I'm going to be in the state).

The west coast appears to be much happier than the east coast. The vibe does kind of seem that way. People in the east coast are more serious, people in the west are more laid back.

Quote: (02-28-2013 07:39 AM)Aer Wrote:  

Quote: (02-27-2013 06:30 PM)storm Wrote:  

In the summer, thing cheap lobster, boating, sailing and swimming in cold water. And camping. Lots of camping. Plus the temperature is absolutely near perfect (anywhere between 70-80 degrees daily, perfect sleeping weather in the night at around 60-65). It reminds me a bit of the Finnish archipelago, and the people are just as nice.

Maine may be heaven on earth if you're into the whole maritime experience.

Depends on what you like of course.

Plus its not too far from quebec.

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

I think happiness is not something someone can chase, it is something that results out of lifestyle. Happiness is neither a right nor a pursuit it is merely a consequence of the way you live. If what you're doing the things that bring you pleasure, satisfaction a sense of accomplishment and you genuinely enjoy doing these things then happiness just comes as a byproduct of your fulfilment in life.

I thought Hawaii was awesome when i went there. Everyone is so welcoming and friendly. The environment and women are beautiful. People live so harmoniously with the nature. Its hard not to be happy there.

Hawaii always seems to top the list. Question, has anyone on the forum actually lived there?

Quote: (03-29-2013 03:52 PM)durangotang Wrote:  

Hawaii always seems to top the list. Question, has anyone on the forum actually lived there?

Kona, it sounds like he really loves the place. I was there for two weeks when I was 16, so I didn't get to go out. But I can say it's stunning. Maui is the most beautiful place I've ever been and people are super friendly. I need to make a trip back over there. One of my closest friends growing up lives out there now and gave me the invite to stay with him.

Quote: (03-29-2013 04:15 PM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  

Quote: (03-29-2013 03:52 PM)durangotang Wrote:  

Kona, it sounds like he really loves the place. I was there for two weeks when I was 16, so I didn't get to go out. But I can say it's stunning. Maui is the most beautiful place I've ever been and people are super friendly. I need to make a trip back over there. One of my closest friends growing up lives out there now and gave me the invite to stay with him.

Doh! How could I forget that Kona lives there. [Image: huh.gif]

Maybe he can give us an update on Hawaii living and what makes them the happiest in pretty much every survey.

No fuckin way NYC is happy. NYC and Philly have to be the grumpiest in the US...

Quote: (03-29-2013 04:36 PM)TheCaptainPower Wrote:  

No fuckin way NYC is happy. NYC and Philly have to be the grumpiest in the US...

I always here that about New Yorkers, but I didn't get that vibe when I was there. Regardless, it looks like New York was right around the middle according to this graph.

I think NYC'ers want you to know how awesome living in NYC is, whether or not they are happy or not.

And yeah, Hawaii is great...if you're on vacation. If you're out there spending money in resorts, of course everyone is going to kiss your ass. Try to go to some big hawaiian islander's picnic on a remote beach/park on the north shore and try to chat them up and see what happens.

If you live there, you get stir crazy (island fever). At least from people I know who moved there for work, then eventually got sick of it and then moved back. If you're a native, then yeah, you're used to it.