rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Power trip 2013 - New York City

Travel log in the making...

Every year I make one trip where I put up very little limits in terms of budget. Last year it was First Class to Bangkok. The year before I lived the suite life (pun intended) in Las Vegas. This year’s “major” excursion will be New York City this coming spring.

Unlike many people on the list with a passive income I can only rely on my 6 weeks of paid vacation every year to get me out in the world. From those weeks I have to make time for family as well as my yearly cultural/relaxation trip where my mind is far removed from game.

I’m aware I’m out really early with this thread and putting up an exceptional amount of prep and planning. With feet on the ground I don’t want to put a minute into research, I need to be a New Yorker. This is method acting taken to game. The reason why these preparations are necessary is because I have a theme to follow for this stay in NYC, a connection and foot in the door on a certain crowd. I can’t divulge any details on this connect before my trip is over but let’s just say that it’s related to the kind of talent you’d find at a major event that was just recently taking place in the city a few weeks ago.

For those of you that have read some of my post you’ll know that I’m not a fan of the 1-10 rating system but only have a No/Yes/Hell yes! scale and this time around it’s going to be all about the Hell Yes segment. So forgive me for being coy, don’t want to tip my hand in the event that there are any white knights reading the forum.

The chateau:
NYC is however no stranger to me. I’ve visited the city a number of times both as a tourist and for gaming. I have however handicapped myself a lot previously because I’ve only stayed in hotels. While this has weeded out any girls not immediately DTF it carries with it the obvious hindrances with the talent that needs that plausible deniability to let their panties fly.

So for my stay I’ll be renting a 1br apartment in SoHo. Putting down a hefty $2k+ for 2 weeks. Outrageous? Definitely, but this is an agency styled swag pad with every modern convenience you can imagine. I’d put up pics but the place has been featured in online interior design mags which would make it easily located. Too risky at this early stage. The location and class of the place has to fit the image I intend to project. Don Draper is returning to NYC. I’ll have Minetta tavern just a block down and walking distance to Cipriani, Balthazar and 60 Thompson. All A-grade “date” spots (and pick up for that matter) which offers me unparalleled logistics.

This is how I prefer to roll these days, no expenses spared in the hard product. I like to live well, I can’t even stay in 3* hotels anymore. I know I’m really hammering home this point but the cost per notch for this trip is irrelevant. It’s all about the quality.

The prep
After a bit of a lull over the darkest months of winter I’m now again back to my regular training schedule. I typically go for 50/50 bulk/endurance with gym and yoga which, with my body type, lands me in V-shape (otter mode). This look is great for filling out suits and fine clothing in general as you get the good clean lines that most fashion designer use as their base template.

Sadly, unless you’re a williamsburg hipster that brews your own Kombucha and wear pink bow ties it’s my experience that the lanky-fit look lands you little love in the US (even though NYC is generally better at appreciating it). So now I’m putting more focus into pure bulk. It’s more of an aesthetical build and less function. Usually I don’t really care for this but you have to know your market.

By the time I’m touching down in NYC I’ll be in ketosis! (no, seriously I still don’t know what the heck that means)

Have to remember to order an Uncle Roosh t-shirt as well.

The plan
Arriving late on a thursday, I'll be picked up by a private driver that carries keys to the apartment and will take me right up to my front door. Will not likely be in the apartment until 11pm and possibly jet lagged so the first night I’m keeping it chill and just setting foot in the Asian restaurant next door to my place. Going in without expectations as it’s likely not packed with hotties but at least the online reviews say the waitresses are hot.

Other than the main theme I will follow that I can’t get into just yet I intend to have a couple of side-themes for game. This is the beauty of NYC, you can pick and choose any demographics, race, ethnicity or sub-culture imaginable to focus on. These are my ideas so far.
  • Central Park Day game - Saturday/Sunday
    What it says. The first weekend day with nice weather will see me in Central Park approaching hotties left and right. By the time the sun sets I’m going to know the location of every pet store between 59th and 110th st. From previous visits I have the feeling however that most younger people congregate in the lower end of the park (59th to 86th) so I’ll probably concentrate on this area feel free to correct me. I’m not 100% sure on what kind of vibe to project for gaming this part of town (dress, directness, insta-date or drink later, etc etc) When I’ve done it back at home and abroad previously I’ve kept it very casual, but in NYC... jury’s out. I get the feeling that it’s very no-nonsense and if a girl doesn’t blow you off within the first minute she knows what’s up
    -
  • Artfagging - Event dependant
    Credit goes to Kid strangelove for this. SoHo is renowned for its art and there are frequently gallery openings. While these venues typically have an audience that many on the board want nothing to do with these events do come with their own opener. I can talk about art at length. I can discuss different schools of arts and their respective heavy weights. I can spin art talk into talking about classic art capitals I’ve travelled to such as Rome, Milan, Barcelona, Berlin, London. It’s the kind of place where I can hold court. They usually provide free red wine as well...
    -
  • Flagging excursion - Weekday
    Love or loathe him but credit goes to Mixx for this one. A couple of years back he posted something of a roadmap on where you should go in New York to meet certain nationalities. Flushing for chinese, Brighton Beach/Coney Island for EE etc (link at the bottom) So this theme would be about getting on the subway out to one of these outlier areas and just hit up all the fresh-off-the boat talent you land your eyes on. Basically a flag run within the confines of the city. While definitely an interesting prospect there are several ifs/buts about this theme.
    -These ladies are likely to not be as DTF as girls that have spent some time in NYC and adapted its fast pace.
    - Logistics, getting to the outer areas may require as much as an hour on the subway. If you can’t insta-date then setting up another date can be tricky. Couple this with the above point and my time might be better spent elsewhere.
    - Many of these ladies being targeted likely do not speak very good english.
    - Finding areas where hot women congregate in Manhattan is easy as pie, very little data exists on this on the more ethnic neighbourhoods however.

So I’m on the fence about this theme. I’m surprised there’s been so little written about it on the board.
    -
  • Powerdame pickup AKA shrivelled ovaries irrigation mission - Weekday lunches
    Targeting female high-powered movers and shakers. Best hunting grounds should likely be coffee shops and after work bars in Downtown and around Park Avenue. Most of the talent are likely to be stressed out girls trying to make their marriage work with their job or full-on career women approaching spinsterhood.

Why would any sane man want anything to do with these women you ask? Well, from my own (limited) experience with these women, that also seems to be corroborated by reports on the board, there are no living creatures faster to spread their legs once you’ve powered through their general bullshit and interrogation-like questioning of what you do and who you are. It’s my opinion that these women are the biggest freaks in bed, which also seems to be the board consensus. It’s no coincidence that many powerful people end up as subs when they get off work.
Open for any additional themes I might have missed...

The pipelining
I Intend to hit OKC hard in the weeks leading up to the trip. I have some numbers gathered from previous visits to NYC and did some very early pipelining earlier in order to get my finger on the pulse of the current dating market. The numbers gathered earlier than a few weeks prior to the intended dates/drink meet-ups I fear will have a flake rate of 90%+ however so there’s little point in putting too much effort into it.

The one thing that I will credit this medium with however is that you can cherry pick whatever ethnicity, age, profession etc that you might desire at the moment. For my part, what offers the most promise is the ability to target talent living outside the city. Yeah you heard me right. I haven't’ had the opportunity to test this extensively but in my experience American women many times would rather hook up just to avoid a long drive/ride home when superb logistics is on my side. Another point that hasn’t really been fully discussed at the forum but that begs it.

Back up plans
I’m not a general fan of Night clubs, too loud, too many attitudes, bitch shields and posturing. When rolling solo, as I almost always do, the shittesting will also be immense. It’s just plain bad ROI compared to what’s available on Manhattan. It might however be necessary for me to visit clubs as part of my main theme or if I just strike out at all other venues over a night. If it comes to that, I will be prepared.

Full credit goes to Distant Light for this excellent nightclub list grouped by nights of the week. I’m quoting it here to keep a solid list of NYC resources in one thread.

Quote:Quote:

HIGH END NIGHTCLUBS

Monday
1. Catch
2. Avenue
3. PhD

Tuesday
1. PhD
2. 1Oak
3. SL
4. Avenue (House music party)
5. Electric Room

Wednesday
1. Marquee (Reopened 2 weeks [January] ago tough door assuming if with gals they'll still throw 40$ cover)
2. 1oak
3. SL
4. Avenue
5. Catch
6. PhD (One of their slower nights, model quality though)

Thursday
1. Provocateur
2. 1oak
3. Lavo (Big Djs usually, possibly will be thrown 100$ cover)
4. Finale (NEW VENUE, 4 months old Good djs, must have gals)
5. SL
6. Darby
7. Avenue (There worst night, still better than most venues)
8. PhD (There worst night, more packed than wednesday less quality)
9. The Box
10. WIP

Friday
1. Provocateur
2. PhD (Models Central)
3. Avenue (Hot Crowd)
4. SL (Models Central)
5. Darby
6. Finale
7. Lavo
8. 1Oak (crowded!!!)
9. Riff Raff (Amazing ratio, like 4 to 1 girls to guys)
10. WIP
11. Southside
12. Mr H

Saturday
1. Day N Night Brunch @High Line (Brunch 2pm to 7pm)
2. Lavo Brunch (2pm to 630pm)
3. Pranna Brunch (EASIEST, no real door at 4pm but 30$ for guys 2pm, ends around 630)
4. PhD Sunset Party (630 to 10pm)

Sunday (HipHop Central)
1. Wip (hiphop city BUT mixed with lots of hipsters)
2. SL
3. 1Oak
4. Electric Room
5. Le Souk

With exception of last two venues you'll see a lot of video vixen top hotties. Many rappers and sports players go out on this night.

HIPSTER SPOTS
1. Bow (newest hipster spot)
2. Le Baron
3. Le Bain (Sundays were real fun...tuesday & thursday are gay night)
4. Westway (Careful tuesday is gay night)
5. Jane Hotel
6. Electric Room

MID LEVEL CLUBS
Monday = Le Souk (No actual cover charge, free)
Tuesday = Kiss n Fly, Greenhouse (Hiphop night)
Wednesday = Tenjune, RDV, Kiss n Fly
Thursday = Greenhouse
Friday = Tenjune, Kiss n Fly, RDV, Gansevoort Park (Free), Hudson Terrace
Saturday = Tenjune, Kiss n Fly, Hudson Terrace, Griffin, RDV

Best Forum threads on NYC:

http://www.rooshvforum.network/archive/index...ead-8.html
http://www.rooshvforum.network/archive/index...-4772.html
http://www.rooshvforum.network/archive/index...-5229.html
http://www.rooshvforum.network/archive/index...-8368.html
http://www.rooshvforum.network/archive/index...-8400.html

Sounds wonderful. I love NYC and will be looking forward to updates.

Vicious,

Looks like you are about to hit NYC hard. When is this starting off?

Will be finally making my way back through there in mid April.

Quote: (02-26-2013 10:47 AM)Pacesetter20 Wrote:  

Vicious,

Looks like you are about to hit NYC hard. When is this starting off?

Will be finally making my way back through there in mid April.

Then our dates will likely coincide.

Sounds like my kind of trip.

No doubt this will turn up Aces.

Not sure if you saw this, but I posted for some cats on here what I would do on a typical night in NYC. This would be a relevant plan for your Game Style and where you are staying:

Quote: (01-03-2013 10:41 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Quote: (01-03-2013 10:33 PM)rationalize_this Wrote:  

Quote: (01-03-2013 10:30 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Quote: (01-03-2013 09:47 PM)Freddy_1 Wrote:  

How about in regards to nightlife?...Ive been looking into it and most things i have read recommends East Village as best for nightlife..havent heard much about SOHO?

Love Soho for nightlife.

Suits me perfectly.

G break down how you roll in Soho. What nights, what places, venue vibes etc.

I've never rolled down there except during the day.

Here are my spots: http://www.thegmanifesto.com/2011/12/new...heets.html

I haven't been since October of last year.

Kenmare was super sick back then. Is it still open?

I always eat dinner then roll around and swoop. Custom Suited of course.

Places I always hit no matter what:

Raouls - Love this spot.
Balthazar - The only place I maybe love more than Raouls.
Mondrian Hotel Bar - Good warm up spot. Slide up to the two fly girls at the bar.
Soho Grand Hotel - Dope. I always seem to get into some Skullduggery here.
Circa Tabac - You can smoke in here.
Cipriani - Goddesses.

As far as which nights? I think you can hit these places any night of the week.

For instance, I have met Model girls at Raouls at 10pm on a Sunday night.

These places are IronClad G Manifesto Certified™.

Do this tomorrow night:

1. Mondrian Hotel Bar - get a cocktail. Spit Game.
2. Balthazar - sit at the bar, get some Steak Tartare and Oysters. Spit Game.
3. Lure Fish Bar - Jump in and grab a cocktail. Spit Game.
4. Cipriani - Get a cocktail. Go upstairs. Can be a rough door, but it won't stop someone of your caliber.
5. Soho Grand Hotel - Spit
6. Kennmare (If it is still dope?)
7. Go with the flow

Epic Night or your money back.

(Side note: This is how I roll. The places are all close and stack up one after the other. My Game is all about these types of packaged moves™. All walkable, all smooth, all dope, non stop, til the break of dawn.)

Tell me how it goes.

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-18908-...#pid340407

Ha! Yeah G that blueprint I've already incorporated in my plan.

Heck, I even made a personal Google map of lower Manhattan where I marked out all these places and a couple of other that I know are off the hook. That way I can just gps guide myself on foot through my phone while being a menace to society to all talent crossing my path.

I second Raoul's. That place wasn't going off the night I was there, but I might have gotten there a little early too. Still saw several damn good looking women there though.

Check out "The Dutch" for a scene type of restaurant in SoHo. Went shortly after it opened and I loved it, though I've heard it's slipped a peg in the last year or so.

I should really do a NYC restaurant write up. Especially now that assclown Pete Wells gives 2 stars to any restaurant he walks into.

Quote: (02-26-2013 11:50 AM)MaleDefined Wrote:  

Check out "The Dutch" for a scene type of restaurant in SoHo. Went shortly after it opened and I loved it, though I've heard it's slipped a peg in the last year or so.

I have actually never been to The Dutch in SoHo.

I have been to the Miami Beach one, and it can be decent to chop leads at the bar.

Quote:Quote:

I should really do a NYC restaurant write up. Especially now that assclown Pete Wells gives 2 stars to any restaurant he walks into.

You should.

Bust it out.

Sorry to hijack your thread but where did you learn about art? I'd love to know more but don't know where to start.PM if you like, thanks

The level to which you are powerballing is almost a little bit intimidating (I'm a super minimalist in just about everything, so I don't want to cramp your style), but it would be cool to meet a few RVF forum members.

Especially since we've both been inside the same girl lol

Quote: (02-26-2013 03:16 PM)lush1 Wrote:  

Sorry to hijack your thread but where did you learn about art? I'd love to know more but don't know where to start.PM if you like, thanks

I've actually been meaning to make a thread on this. In short the answer is that these are what my cultural trips are for.

Slight suggestion for when doing lower central park - check out people milling about in front of The Met, Columbus Circle, and Lincoln Center as well. Lots of traffic, lots of variety. Ive pulled same day bangs out of Lincoln center on 3 occasions from people just milling about

I've been thinking... at my current location there's an excellent café right next to the city's main modelling agency. At certain hours that café has a 6' blonde to everything else ratio around 3:1.

Is there any merit to finding similar places in NYC? Not really thinking models but dancers!

It's me again. Do you want to do a short tour of Fairfield County CT? I can walk you through it with laser guided precision and you'll end up in Greenwich as a last stop which has the best talent in the USA. That's taking the high road of course. If you care to see the underbelly we can do that too. Let me know.

Id say "good luck to you" but luck is for amateurs. You sir, are a professional.

Balthazar, Soho/Tribeca Grand, Cipriani. Mix in some Lavo [and if it's dead early go across the street to the 4 Seasons and have amazing, large drinks and you may see a few 10s if you're lucky, but it can be totally empty also]. And you can also have some of the best nights of your life in the cheap bars in the village/UES.

Don't sleep on the after-work happy hours in Midtown either. Listen to some unhappy 27-yr old bitch about her day for a few minutes, keep drinking, you can grab some sushi and be at her apartment & halfway up her ass within 90 minutes. This town is full of freaks.

Quote: (02-28-2013 08:04 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

It's me again. Do you want to do a short tour of Fairfield County CT? I can walk you through it with laser guided precision and you'll end up in Greenwich as a last stop which has the best talent in the USA. That's taking the high road of course. If you care to see the underbelly we can do that too. Let me know.

Is this a full day? Sounds ambitious but I'm curious. Undrerbelly = dark side?

Quote: (03-01-2013 02:08 AM)Vicious Wrote:  

Two days but could be done in one and yes dark side.

Ah, well I'm actually thinking about not even leaving the 5 boroughs (maybe Jersey if I can pinpoint where the Brazilian enclave hangs out). Thanks for the offer though.

Something very uncharacteristic for me has occurred, I’ve neglected to scan the city for other events that might affect my stay. The Tribeca film festival will take place for close to the entirety of this trip. What this does is that it will distract the crowd of talent I intended to mainly focus on through my connect, during these days they will be booked up with events related to the festival.

I have now been going over this a couple of times and I realize that this is too big a disruption to ignore for my intentions. At the same time I’ve booked everything, I’m pumped and it would be a loss to not go during spring which I have yet to experience in NYC.

So, I’m eating my cake and keeping it. I’m making this already booked stay my 2013 cultural trip bringing along my main squeeze (slashing all my costs by half) and pushing out the playboy trip until early June, also for NYC. I know June is not as good for game in the city but this is the best solution. And heck I love New York.

Quote: (03-04-2013 06:30 AM)Vicious Wrote:  

Something very uncharacteristic for me has occurred, I’ve neglected to scan the city for other events that might affect my stay. The Tribeca film festival will take place for close to the entirety of this trip. What this does is that it will distract the crowd of talent I intended to mainly focus on through my connect, during these days they will be booked up with events related to the festival.

I have now been going over this a couple of times and I realize that this is too big a disruption to ignore for my intentions. At the same time I’ve booked everything, I’m pumped and it would be a loss to not go during spring which I have yet to experience in NYC.

So, I’m eating my cake and keeping it. I’m making this already booked stay my 2013 cultural trip bringing along my main squeeze (slashing all my costs by half) and pushing out the playboy trip until early June, also for NYC. I know June is not as good for game in the city but this is the best solution. And heck I love New York.

Bad move.

I would just press on.

Something as small as the Tribeca film festival will have no affect.

I have been in NYC during Fashion Week and The US Open going on and you wouldn't even notice both events are happening unless you did.

Quote: (03-04-2013 11:25 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Quote: (03-04-2013 06:30 AM)Vicious Wrote:  

Bad move.

I would just press on.

Something as small as the Tribeca film festival will have no affect.

I have been in NYC during Fashion Week and The US Open going on and you wouldn't even notice both events are happening unless you did.

This.

No one cares about "events" in NYC, it's just get drunk party and have sex. Your only downfall is snowy weather, otherwise everyday is game on.

No I'm serious, this was from my connect. They will be preoccupied.
I could have just made this a regular visit ignoring that but the deed is done. I've already made some changes.

Is NYC really so different in June?