rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

New Yorker article about "misogynist" Oscar night

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/cl...night.html

I watched about 30 minutes of this for MacFarlane's intro monologue and thought it was pretty funny. The guy is known for making jokes at everyone's expense, so I'm not sure what this woman expected. Many gems of hyperbole in the article. Here's one:

Quote:Quote:

There are many variations on misogyny, and MacFarlane by no means confined himself to a single one. (A Buzzfeed post called “6 Sexist Things That Happened at the Oscars” was revised, in the course of the evening, to “9 Sexist Things.”) “Django Unchained,” he said, was “the story of a man fighting to get back his woman, who has been subjected to unthinkable violence. Or as Chris Brown and Rihanna call it, a date movie.” Relationships are complicated, and it can take a woman more than one attempt to leave an abuser. But if any woman who goes back is told that she has forfeited sympathy and can be written off with mockery—that the whole thing is now an amusing spectacle—then we’ll end up with more dead women.

[Image: womanhamster.gif]

RVF has conviced me to never consider moving to the USA or working there, if I can avoid it.
True story: Met a foreign exchange student from DC at a bar, I instantly projected the worst stereo types of the forum on her. 2/10 would not bang haha

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Here's what I posted on the Oscar thread, with another "writer" offended by Seth, this time from The Atlantic.

Look at this hamster article of butthurt, I was surprised that it was written by a man, his writing is akin to teenage girls trying to be intellectuals on Facebook
http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment...rs/273460/
Quote:Quote:

From there, the jokes just got more and more... well, what's the word? Calling them offensive gives them too much power, which isn't to say that black people shouldn't have felt uncomfortable about MacFarlane pretending to mix up Denzel Washington and Eddie Murphy, or that half the population needn't have squirmed when MacFarlane called Zero Dark Thirty's plotline an example of "a woman's innate ability to never ever let anything go." What the jokes were, really, was stupid, boring, and empty: humor that relied less on its own patently sexist, racist, homophobic, etc. content than on admiration for or disgust with the host's willingness to deliver it. So much of comedy is about the shock of recognition, of seeing some previously unacknowledged truth suddenly acknowledged, but the only recognition MacFarlane offered was that some people say dumb things about other peoples' gender/racial/sexual identities. Which, of course, should not be shocking at all.

[Image: 34fa2e875fbfa3cd5563d4ac85d2fa86]
[Image: author-headshot.jpg?m9l4rf]

If you eliminate everything these writers found offensive, no host would have anything to poke fun at. There would be pretty much nothing to joke about, and writers would be saying how unfunny the host was, and how boring the show was. The Academy doesn't like the host to go in too hard on the nominees either, so that pretty much leaves nothing. Just have the host announce the categories, show the clips of the nominated films, read who the nominees are, then the winner. Throw in a couple of nominated songs, and that'll be it.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Buzz Feed was on the attack as well:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/hillaryreinsberg...the-oscars

Anything that doesn't portray women as intellectual superiors is sexist, misogynistic, etc etc etc Confusedleep:

A politically correct guide to public outrage:

1) Did someone make a joke that was at least mildly offensive?

(No) - Hold in your outrage for the time being.
(Yes) - Continue to next question.

2) Was the subject of the joke anyone besides a straight, white man?

(No) Subdue your outrage. Jokes about straight, white men are perfectly acceptable.
(Yes) BE OUTRAGED! Post all over the internet about how awful and offensive this joke was.

[size=8pt]"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”[/size] [size=7pt] - Romans 8:18[/size]

[Image: tumblr_inline_mir5te9Spg1qz4rgp.jpg]

Here's the audience when MacFarlane told the joke about Chris Brown and Rihanna. Most of Hollywood might not approve, but Robert Downey Jr. does.

Quote: (02-25-2013 07:52 PM)Timoteo Wrote:  

If you eliminate everything these writers found offensive, no host would have anything to poke fun at. There would be pretty much nothing to joke about, and writers would be saying how unfunny the host was, and how boring the show was. The Academy doesn't like the host to go in too hard on the nominees either, so that pretty much leaves nothing. Just have the host announce the categories, show the clips of the nominated films, read who the nominees are, then the winner. Throw in a couple of nominated songs, and that'll be it.

I agree with this, yeah. The nominees loved the comedy skit and were blowing up twitter with how awesome it was, because MacFarlane wasn't going very hard on them at all. Ricky Gervais would have torn everybody a new asshole but MacFarlane knows the score. There was already feminist flak of this over facebook that I took the time to methodically slay.

Quote: (02-25-2013 07:58 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Anything that doesn't portray women as intellectual superiors is sexist, misogynistic, etc etc etc Confusedleep:

ugh, the comments posted there

Quote: (02-25-2013 08:03 PM)Hades Wrote:  

Quote: (02-25-2013 07:52 PM)Timoteo Wrote:  

I agree with this, yeah. The nominees loved the comedy skit and were blowing up twitter with how awesome it was, because MacFarlane wasn't going very hard on them at all. Ricky Gervais would have torn everybody a new asshole but MacFarlane knows the score. There was already feminist flak of this over facebook that I took the time to methodically slay.

This is exactly why you won't see Ricky Gervais host the Oscars. He's hosted the Golden Globes two years running, but my understanding is the Globes are a bit looser than the Oscars (I've never watched), so they want more edge. But yeah, the dude is a straight attack dog.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Quote: (02-25-2013 07:59 PM)scorpion Wrote:  

A politically correct guide to public outrage:

1) Did someone make a joke that was at least mildly offensive?

(No) - Hold in your outrage for the time being.
(Yes) - Continue to next question.

2) Was the subject of the joke anyone besides a straight, white man?

(No) Subdue your outrage. Jokes about straight, white men are perfectly acceptable.
(Yes) BE OUTRAGED! Post all over the internet about how awful and offensive this joke was.

You can mess with Affleck, Clooney and D.D. Lewis because they're so huge, you can't really embarrass them. They're above it. The real test is to go after someone more defenseless and see how the public and press react.

Quote: (02-25-2013 08:00 PM)Bacchus Wrote:  

[Image: tumblr_inline_mir5te9Spg1qz4rgp.jpg]

Here's the audience when MacFarlane told the joke about Chris Brown and Rihanna. Most of Hollywood might not approve, but Robert Downey Jr. does.

haha Whose the fucking fruitcake in the top left covering his mouth?

A couple of the biotches in the crowd look like they're ready to cry.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

I went to one of those Hollywood fundraisers in Bel Air last year. It was basically honoring LL Cool J for his work with the homeless. Seth MacFarlane was the MC. He was hilarious! Basically ripped on everyone in Hollywood, even to the point of making fun of specific people in the crowd for their coke problems. As an outsider looking into the Entertainment Industry, I got the feeling that he was untouchable. Everybody adored him the entire night.

I'd bet anything that this "Journalist" from the New Yorker has zero experience with the Hollywood crowd. Affleck even said it in his speech at the end, "I've learned not to hold grudges." The rules are different here.

Look at it this way - we got feminists to highlight the best moments, so we don't have to sift through all the crap.

Look at Halle Berry's death glare.

Funny thing I had a girl, who is a feminist crusader post a status about Seth MacFarlane last night. I didn't watch the Oscars last night but I am obviously familiar with his work. She ranted about how he was sexist, racist, and how his jokes were in bad taste. She got many comments piling on Seth (including guys and girls).

Don't even sweat this stuff. The ridiculousness of it should just demonstrate that we are in the midst of peak feminism.

At this point, the real issues isn't feminism. It's what will follow that should concern you.

They can piss and moan all they want about Seth MacFarlane, but it doesn't change one simple fact: he hosted the Oscar's and they didn't. Jealousy is a motherfucker.

I wonder why none of these femcunts and manginas are going on and on or pissed off about the "John Wilkes Booth getting into Lincoln's head" joke.

Oh yeah. It was about a man. So, it's cool. I thought it was funny, but it was making fun of his death. And death is waay worse than getting beat up or being "objectified."

And Lincoln was far more important than fucking Rhianna, that 9-year old kid, Salma Hayek, Jennifer Anniston and every bitch at the event combined.

Quote: (02-26-2013 03:20 AM)HeyPete Wrote:  

I wonder why none of these femcunts and manginas are going on and on or pissed off about the "John Wilkes Booth getting into Lincoln's head" joke.

Oh yeah. It was about a man. So, it's cool. I thought it was funny, but it was making fun of his death. And death is waay worse than getting beat up or being "objectified."

And Lincoln was far more important than fucking Rhianna, that 9-year old kid, Salma Hayek, Jennifer Anniston and every bitch at the event combined.

[Image: gil-clapping-aight-o.gif]

Quote: (02-25-2013 07:43 PM)void Wrote:  

RVF has conviced me to never consider moving to the USA or working there, if I can avoid it.
True story: Met a foreign exchange student from DC at a bar, I instantly projected the worst stereo types of the forum on her. 2/10 would not bang haha

So fucking true.

When I was a kid, I had an idea that I would finish my education and then move to USA, the land of freedom, riches, and dreams fulfilled.

Over time, I gathered so many things about it (Bush is mostly to blame, although the manosphere helped a lot) that the idea is now completely laughable to me.

I don't even feel any desire to go as a tourist, except maybe on a short trip to some place with a low obesity rate (that might be any oxymoron).

My current wish to get to a better environment concerning economy, lifestyle, and women, is Czech Republic.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Quote: (02-25-2013 07:43 PM)void Wrote:  

we've been doing this with yanks too haha

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

It was definitely a misogynist show... I mean, when will a WOMAN ever get nominated for a leading actor role. Definite under-representation there.

Quote: (02-25-2013 07:58 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Lol the comments.

Pablo Arcadia -
Seth is the best!

Ariel Laine Frawley -
Pablo= shithead prick

Translation: I want attention and get paid to write/talk but being creative and intelligent is difficult so I'll just make a list of imaginary offenses. How small is the echo chamber where these people express their views without being showered with hate?