rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Domestic violence is so ingrained in China (swipe)

1st 3 paragraphs of a long article

A few summers ago in Toronto, I saw a couple break up on the street. After several minutes of yelling, the woman turned to walk away. The man then grabbed her wrist and yanked her back with so much force it sent her stumbling to the ground. There was an instant pause, as if the couple and everyone that saw the incident realized a line had been crossed. The man scrambled to help her up. The woman, swatting him away, hissed back, “Don’t you ever touch me like that again.” Several strangers walking by stopped to ask the woman if she was alright and lingered protectively until her now-former lover moved on in the opposite direction.

No matter where I am in China, I often see similar scenes of couples fighting in public, except the screaming is even more shrill and the escalation to violence more frequent. In fact, tearful arguing, arm grabbing, shoving and kicking are so commonplace on Beijing’s streets that I’ve come to wonder whether it’s part of the local mating ritual.

Passers-by rarely stop and if they do, it’s only to gawk, not intervene. Occasionally someone will pull out his phone, but only to capture the spectacle with his camera rather than call for help. When the onlookers have had their fill, they carry on without saying a word, leaving the couple to continue their quarrel undisturbed.

more @

http://qz.com/56501/domestic-violence-is...in-public/

Quote:Quote:

After several minutes of yelling, the woman turned to walk away. The man then grabbed her wrist and yanked her back with so much force it sent her stumbling to the ground. There was an instant pause, as if the couple and everyone that saw the incident realized a line had been crossed

laugh "Oh my God you are so clumsy! Such a putz!"

Just like a baby, women will see your reaction to them falling and go off of that. If you're smiling and she gets huffy, she looks like the bad guy.

"Bad guy" - what a sexist phrase by the way.

Supposedly it's Asia in general. It's just more behind the scenes in places like Japan, Thailand, etc.

Kinda messed up.

Quote: (02-28-2013 08:26 AM)augen sehen Wrote:  

Quote:Quote:

After several minutes of yelling, the woman turned to walk away. The man then grabbed her wrist and yanked her back with so much force it sent her stumbling to the ground. There was an instant pause, as if the couple and everyone that saw the incident realized a line had been crossed

laugh "Oh my God you are so clumsy! Such a putz!"

Just like a baby, women will see your reaction to them falling and go off of that. If you're smiling and she gets huffy, she looks like the bad guy.

"Bad guy" - what a sexist phrase by the way.

Did you just give advice on how to get away with throwing a woman to the floor?

Not that I condone domestic violence, but its seems you never hear about nice, feminine, attractive women get beat up or pushed down. Maybe there is a correlation for domestic violence for women who are aggressive and nasty...just sayin [Image: smile.gif]

"When in chaos, speak truth." - Jordan Peterson

Ya, having lived in China, and having seen lots of these situations go down, I can confirm that it never happens to a sweet, innocent looking woman. It only involves the bitchy looking ones.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Quote: (12-09-2013 10:39 AM)Suits Wrote:  

Ya, having lived in China, and having seen lots of these situations go down, I can confirm that it never happens to a sweet, innocent looking woman. It only involves the bitchy looking ones.

I've seen it happen between a fugly fat guy and a his good looking gf/wife(status unknown). I remember it really distinctly because of what a mismatched couple they were, and how it went completely counter to the concept of saving face.

If you are going to impose your will on the world, you must have control over what you believe.

Data Sheet Minneapolis / Data Sheet St. Paul / Data Sheet Northern MN/BWCA / Data Sheet Duluth