rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Everyday Sexism Project

Everyday Sexism Project

Some background info:

Quote:Quote:

The Everyday Sexism Project exists to catalogue instances of sexism experienced by women on a day to day basis. It now has more than 20,000 entries and is set to expand globally. They might be serious or minor, outrageously offensive or so niggling and normalised that women don’t even feel able to protest. By sharing stories, sexism is shown to exist on a daily basis and that it is a valid problem to discuss as opposed to being wrongly referred to as 'banter'.

It is being discussed in this Telegraph article and they've picked out some select quotes/anecdotes from women who are claiming to be victims of 'sexism'. Of course, this now includes merely being the subject of POSITIVE male attention.

Sure, some are fair claims. Nobody should have to put up with being touched in a swimming pool if they don't like it, and having your hair pulled by a stranger isn't pleasant, but some are just ridiculous.

I'll throw you some of my favorites:

I work as a comedian and was introduced [on stage] with 'this one’s a woman and she's attractive so if she's rubbish you can just look at her'.

That's just 'banter' (I hate that word), and male comedians put up with far 'worse'. If you wan't equality...Another fine example of women wanting the same rights, but non of the responsibilities of men. The responsibility in this case is to have thicker skin. You're a stand up comedian for crying out loud, and you'll have an easier ride due to being a woman.

If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen would be the best advice from me to her.

Here's another:

In the cycle shop: ‘your boyfriend does a great job at taking care of your bike’. I'm single and look after it myself.

Grrrl power! A) He was either trying to ascertain if you had a boyfriend because he was interested.
B) It's a completely innocuous comment, not worth writing into a magazine or whatever to mention it.

But, my favorite:

My lovely outgoing seven year-old, told by her teacher that she would never get a man unless she became more demure.

It seems that there are some good teachers out there after all!

The twitter feed is full of 'creepy' anecdotes too. Most of which are nothing of the sort. Obviously.

This one pissed me off:

Ronnie ‏@ronnieprime
@EverydaySexism at a do, after dinner speaker asked all the men to give "the pretty ladies" a round of applause "for looking lovely".
Retweeted by EverydaySexism

How is that possibly offensive? Well, it was offensive and 'sexist' enough to be retweeted 6 times and be replied to with the rage inducing:

Exsugarbabe ‏@Exsugarbabe
@ronnieprime @EverydaySexism OMG CRINGE!!!

[Image: wtf.jpg]

We're still a long way from mainstream brothers.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

Everyday Sexism Project

Stuff like this blows my mind.

Everyday Sexism Project

Stuff like this comes from women's eternal need to be "damsels in distress." That meme developed in the old days for a reason. It's true. Now that feminism has changed the game and women aren't in as much physical distress, they need to create distress to feel like women. We call it "creating drama."

But here is the deal on "everyday sexism." It's whatever a woman says it is. So if you hold the door open, you're sexist. If you let it shut behind you, you're sexist.

If you notice she's a woman, you're sexist. If you don't, you also sexist because you made her feel "invisible."

If you think women shouldn't be in combat, you're sexist. If you do, you're sexist because you don't value women. If you think they do but should have to comply with men's physical standard's, you're sexist.

See how this game works? I bet we could compile an entire list of such things and it would make the rounds on Facebook. Hey, I have an idea!! What about a mini-book called "That's Sexist!" using examples like mine above along with cartoon illustrations of women appearing in a continuous state of indigence? Bet that would sell. It could be the manosphere's version of the Preppie Handbook or the Jewish-American Princess Handbook.

Everyday Sexism Project

Quote: (02-24-2013 10:38 AM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  

Stuff like this comes from women's eternal need to be "damsels in distress." That meme developed in the old days for a reason. It's true. Now that feminism has changed the game and women aren't in as much physical distress, they need to create distress to feel like women. We call it "creating drama."

But here is the deal on "everyday sexism." It's whatever a woman says it is. So if you hold the door open, you're sexist. If you let it shut behind you, you're sexist.

If you notice she's a woman, you're sexist. If you don't, you also sexist because you made her feel "invisible."

If you think women shouldn't be in combat, you're sexist. If you do, you're sexist because you don't value women. If you think they do but should have to comply with men's physical standard's, you're sexist.

See how this game works? I bet we could compile an entire list of such things and it would make the rounds on Facebook. Hey, I have an idea!! What about a mini-book called "That's Sexist!" using examples like mine above along with cartoon illustrations of women appearing in a continuous state of indigence? Bet that would sell. It could be the manosphere's version of the Preppie Handbook or the Jewish-American Princess Handbook.

You could sell it on Amazon as an E-Book for $0.99, just so it sells quick and widespread.

Everyday Sexism Project

There is real sexism that fucks up women's advancement in the workforce. The problem is they play a part in it and don't want to address it. The most common one I see is male managers who never have a closed door meeting with a female direct report. Many men are afraid that if they're alone in a room with a woman and she claims something untoward happened it'll come down to his word vs. hers. Even if the claims are ultimately ruled baseless it can fuck up a career. The problem is that then women don't get the same kind of no BS coaching you can only give someone when you know nobody else is listening or going to drop in. You also can't bond with someone the same way if you're worried about appearances. This hinders promotion of women and keeps them out of the boys club.

But they don't want to address it, because doing so would mean admitting that women making false claims of sexual harassment are part of the problem.

Everyday Sexism Project

Quote: (02-24-2013 11:04 AM)Ensam Wrote:  

There is real sexism that fucks up women's advancement in the workforce. The problem is they play a part in it and don't want to address it. The most common one I see is male managers who never have a closed door meeting with a female direct report. Many men are afraid that if they're alone in a room with a woman and she claims something untoward happened it'll come down to his word vs. hers. Even if the claims are ultimately ruled baseless it can fuck up a career. The problem is that then women don't get the same kind of no BS coaching you can only give someone when you know nobody else is listening or going to drop in. You also can't bond with someone the same way if you're worried about appearances. This hinders promotion of women and keeps them out of the boys club.

But they don't want to address it, because doing so would mean admitting that women making false claims of sexual harassment are part of the problem.

That no door closed with a single woman problem is not sexism, it's saving one's own bacon.

My father has rules he follows in conducting business. Never being in a room alone with a woman is one of them.

Everyday Sexism Project

Quote: (02-24-2013 11:34 AM)Walderschmidt Wrote:  

Quote: (02-24-2013 11:04 AM)Ensam Wrote:  

That no door closed with a single woman problem is not sexism, it's saving one's own bacon.

My father has rules he follows in conducting business. Never being in a room alone with a woman is one of them.

I'd keep a hidden security camera in my office, and never tell anyone. As soon as the first false accusation comes up, act all scared, then absolutely destroy the retarded bitch that made the accusation, before burying her forever

Everyday Sexism Project

Excellent post, and you should seriously do that book. It would be a 'jokey' gift to give to people, but many people would be like "oh, yeah that is true actually" once they started to read it. Using humour is easier, in terms of getting people round to our way of thinking, than blunt logic as that scares people and makes them feel uncomfortable.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

Everyday Sexism Project

Quote: (02-24-2013 01:07 PM)Teedub Wrote:  

Excellent post, and you should seriously do that book. It would be a 'jokey' gift to give to people, but many people would be like "oh, yeah that is true actually" once they started to read it. Using humour is easier, in terms of getting people round to our way of thinking, than blunt logic as that scares people and makes them feel uncomfortable.

Posted a thread about it here:
http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-21052.html

Everyday Sexism Project

should tweet all of these to that fucking account

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

Everyday Sexism Project

I work as a comedian and was introduced [on stage] with 'this one’s a woman and she's attractive so if she's rubbish you can just look at her'.

Q. How many female comedians does it take to change a light bulb?
A. WAAAH! The MC is being mean to me!