rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Studio Apartment

Studio Apartment

I am moving in to a small studio apartment in a major city. The location is pretty sick, so I don't mind staying there for 6 months or a year until I find a better place within the building (they are booked).

But, I don't really know how to utilize the small space best for the player lifestyle. I can't really fit a bed, and a sofa in the apartment.

I have looked at sofa beds online, but they seem cheap and inconvenient. Does anyone have experience with this?

One of my flings had a studio, and set up a bunk bed with a sofa under it (ala dorm room style). However, I would probably like to avoid having to literally climb in to bed if possible (also bang logistics would be a nightmare).

Studio Apartment

Some sofa beds are nice, but you gotta pay for em, figure at least $1000 for a decent one.

apartmenttherapy.com is a great resource

Studio Apartment

What's wrong with just a bed? Then they have to sit down on it, makes your job easier.

Studio Apartment

I had a studio once. Forget the sofa if you don't have the space for it. Just make sure to make the bed before people show up and maybe throw some pillows on the floor. Better invest in a fancy carpet or a nice tv.

Studio Apartment

If you are interested, Tuthmosis recently did an article on ROK about bachelor pad essentials that might help you out
http://www.returnofkings.com/5465/5-bach...essentials

Studio Apartment

Get a bed of similar height as a sofa, and cover it with a lot of comfortable pillows. It will easily double as a couch and you can easily can sit the girl on your bed as you mix a couple of cocktails to enjoy. Throw on some good music, play a smooth game, and have fun together.

I also second the bachelor pad essentials article on ROK by Tuthmosis. Read the comments too for more advice.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

Studio Apartment

I have a sick sofa bed which lets you fold down the back into a bed while you're sitting on it. My last two notches didn't even involve going into my bedroom. Start making out on the couch, subtly lay the couch down, oops, we're in bed together.

Studio Apartment

How big is your place? I am in 490 square feet and have a queen sized bed and a big couch that two people can probably sleep on.

I'd probably just go with a dope bed frame and no couch if its that small though. Sofa beds and futons suck

Studio Apartment

Get a legit SofaBed. I had a bunked in my old studio and it broke on me when I was banging in it plus it was too small I got annoyed when bitches wanted to sleepover after. Basically just turn your crib into a " romp room ". If its in a prime location just treat it as a place to party and drink. Hell if you can, bullshit Ave say it's your " work pad" you just use for when your in town on the job. Learn to be very minimal too, and also try not too cook crazy shit, or to much. If you must cook your meals invest in heavy covers you cab hide to prevent your furniture from smelling like bacon and eggs.

How much square footage we talking also? I've lived in places as small as 100sqft.

Studio Apartment

In Finland/Helsinki it's either taking a loan for a studio of 250 - 350 square feet when you're about 25 years old or renting a similar size place for another 10 years for $600 - 700 per month. Such place would have space for a divan, a table for two people, wardrobes and a small closet for everything else.

Which option, buying or renting, do you think is better in a long run? [Image: tard.gif]

Studio Apartment

Quote: (02-21-2013 12:26 AM)MSW2007 Wrote:  

Get a bed of similar height as a sofa, and cover it with a lot of comfortable pillows. It will easily double as a couch and you can easily can sit the girl on your bed as you mix a couple of cocktails to enjoy. Throw on some good music, play a smooth game, and have fun together.

I also second the bachelor pad essentials article on ROK by Tuthmosis. Read the comments too for more advice.

I second this. If I have a girl over I take her to my bedroom to watch TV where the only option is on the bed. Having just a bed is great.

If you're having mates over though you don't want them all sitting on your bed so if you have the floorspace get some bean bags.

Studio Apartment

I can barely fit a bed and a desk in mine. You can try this: put two matrasses on top of each other to serve as couch / bed. When a girl wants to sleep over, you can put the two matrasses next to each other.

Studio Apartment

I think the best thing is to live as minimalistic as possible. I own an 2-room apartment in the center of an European city and it's just too big. A living place should be just a roof above your head and a place to study and work. It shouldn't be more than that. Try to save as much as money (and space) as possible. Thinking about all the money I could have saved by buying something smaller... sigh, it makes me crazy. [Image: sad.gif]

I'm thinking about buying a caravan or trailer in the suburbs or countryside and renting the apartment out. It's easier to bring girls home since the big clubs are on the countryside and you have a place to park a car.

Studio Apartment

I spend about $750 on nice ikea sofabed when I got my first studio apt. Even a nice one isn't that comfortable to sit on and it's also awkward when you go to start hooking up and you have to stop for a minute and fold down the couch into a bed.

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

"put her in the taxi, put her number in the trash can"

Studio Apartment

You can always try lofting your bed and putting the couch beneath it. It'll work fine, although you'll give off a bit of a dorm room vibe.

"In America we don't worship government, we worship God." - President Donald J. Trump

Studio Apartment

Bed + logistics. That's all you really need, see no problems with your set up.

Would rather live in a central location + studio. Versus McMansion 45 minutes away from all night life.

Studio Apartment

This is brilliant. Hell, I am even thinking about how I could get a studio apartment just so all I have is a bed, tv, and a night stand in the main room.

No shoes + something to drink + her already in your bed + a movie or tv if she is not yet DTF = great chance at success.

Studio Apartment

If you have a high ceilings you can add a "loft". This is what I did..

[Image: 31564BarcelonaApartmentsStudioLoftFlat1.jpg]

My bedroom is upstairs. My "studio" became a 1 bedroom!

Studio Apartment

Quote: (02-22-2013 02:25 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

If you have a high ceilings you can add a "loft". This is what I did..

[Image: 31564BarcelonaApartmentsStudioLoftFlat1.jpg]

My bedroom is upstairs. My "studio" became a 1 bedroom!

Now that's dope. You must own the place if you added the loft yourself. And where's your tv?

EDIT: that's just an example photo isn't it. Nevermind.

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

"put her in the taxi, put her number in the trash can"

Studio Apartment

Yes, I own it. Well, I own about 75% of it. I still owe the bank about 25%.

Like I said, I have high ceilings so adding a staircase and loft was easy to do.

That's not my place but my set up is similar.

Studio Apartment

Go to an Ikea. They have displays where they set up a whole place in very little space. You can get some ideas from them, but don't just buy it all there.

Studio Apartment

there are no comments for the article?

Studio Apartment

Quote: (02-22-2013 08:48 PM)bonkers Wrote:  

there are no comments for the article?

The comments on ROK do seem to have disappeared. I'm not sure why - perhaps the number of haters was getting out of hand, and the job of moderation became too much. I don't know.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

Studio Apartment

The commenting system was changed so all of the comments are in the process of being moved over.

Studio Apartment

Im going to close on my first condo in 2 weeks. I have been living in a house my whole life but will be finally on my own with good logistics.

Anymore adivce for bachelor pad ideas?