rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

HLA genes and the implications they have on your results with women.

So earlier today I was reading the thread on the Paleo diet and I decided to do some research on it afterwards to see the science behind this diet. I came across this video on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PdJFbjWHEU

Everything was pretty normal but then from around 7:30 until 12:00 into the video the guy started to talk about HLA genes and how women will instantaneously reject males who have the antigen corresponding to their antibody. I think he definitely over emphasized the role of HLA genes on mate selection, but from a molecular level this does make sense and its very similar to the way blood types work in our body (which I have been learning about in my biochemistry class.)

(long science part on blood types, which is not totally related to topic. Skip this paragraph if you're not interested) ......If you have blood Type A, you have the antibodies for blood type B and have the antigen A on the surface of your red blood cells, therefore if a blood cell with a B antigen enters your body, your antibodies will automatically digest the cell. If you have blood type O then you have antibodies for both A and B and you have no antigens on the surface of your blood cells which is why you could only have a blood transfusion with a person who is also blood type O because neither blood type A, B or AB could function in your body. If you are blood type O, you are considered the universal donor because your red blood cells do not have any antigens and can therefore function in any person because there will be no antigen for the antibodies to recognize and subsequently eliminate from the body. If you have blood type AB you are the universal recipient of blood because your body does not contain any antibodies for either A or B type blood because your blood cells contain both A and B antigens on their surface so if you had either antibody you could not survive.

The way this would function for HLA genes is that if the girl you are gaming has the specific antibody for your antigen then she will smell pheromones or see visual cues which will automatically make her disinterested in you because hereditarily there would be a greater chance of bearing a child who has the genes for the antibody corresponding to the antigen on the cell surface in your child's body, making him/her less fit from an evolutionary standpoint.

http://humupd.oxfordjournals.org/content/5/2/103.short

I found the above link which talks about how there is some effect of HLA genes on mate selection.

For me personally, I do agree this may have some impact on mate selection, but based on my experiences in life and what I've read on this forum, I do not think this completely determines ones results either. (Although it could explain why even the most seasoned veterans and puas still get rejected from time to time.) Everyone is genetically unique and the whole purpose of sexual reproduction is to create genetic diversity in a population, to allow it to survive. The selective factors such as natural selection and sexual selection will then allow certain beneficial genes to proliferate in the population over time which could be an explanation as to why certain features such as a muscular physique and tall stature could be appealing to women. Also when we look at how superior the human species has become in comparison to other animals, one could argue that this is a direct result of the fact that the majority of our complex behaviour is not derived from simple, innate mechanisms, but are rather learned behaviours which are passed down from generation to generation. This could explain why some guys are naturals, as they learn how to become players from a very young age where as others such as myself and many others have to re-wire ourselves and have a complete shifting of paradigm in regards to game.

These were just some thoughts that popped up in my head after hearing that dude in the video and I wanted to share it with you guys. What are your guys' thoughts on this subject? Do you believe that much of game is hereditary or do you thing it has more to do with social constructs of society or both? Would you say the art of seduction can be treated as a science?

[Image: picard-facepalm.jpg]

Quote: (02-19-2013 01:23 AM)Jaylow Wrote:  

[Image: picard-facepalm.jpg]

How come?

I don't understand the science, but note that the study was done on a heavily inbred population. Maybe there were only a couple different copies of this gene in play, so the odds that you had an identical, and thus repulsive, copy might be a lot higher than for a man and woman drawn at random from the population. Also, use of contraceptives is known to fuck with stuff like this.

Overall, I don't buy this stuff. If a girl is single, down to fuck, and a personality type I like, and I'm meeting her in a place suitable for macking, the odds are good, her HLA genes be damned.

Odds that a girl is rejecting you because she's already getting dick >>> odds that a girl is rejecting you because of your non-complementary HLA profile.

OP you need to get out more. Seriously.

There is something about chemistry. Like girls I am attracted to smelling better to me.

But maybe its my man-hamster. I try not to worry about things I CANT control.

WIA- For most of men, our time being masters of our own fate, kings in our own castles is short. Even those of us in the game will eventually succumb to ease of servitude rather than deal with the malaise of solitude

While interesting in THEORY, this type of overthinking will only FUCK with your head.

Go out. Drink. Approach. Drink some more. Approach. Bang.

Repeat.

Quote: (02-19-2013 02:33 AM)DVY Wrote:  

OP you need to get out more. Seriously.

There is something about chemistry. Like girls I am attracted to smelling better to me.

But maybe its my man-hamster. I try not to worry about things I CANT control.

Im not worried about this shit, I was just pondering it. I guess I was overanalyzing it a bit and I have a tendency to do that from time to time. In terms of going out more, I completely agree. I have not gone out in quite a while but its not been as a result of me being lazy but because of the amount of things I have to do. Im trying to get into medical school and I need to get my gpa up a bit because I kinda fucked up a few classes and its not as high as I would like it to be. My exams are this week once they're done I'm gonna definitely hit up the clubs again. For me i guess the toughest part of game is not going out and doing approaches but incorporating into my life where its not really something I have to go out of my way to do but just a part of my lifestyle.

Quote: (02-19-2013 02:43 AM)McQueensPlayboyRules Wrote:  

While interesting in THEORY, this type of overthinking will only FUCK with your head.

Go out. Drink. Approach. Drink some more. Approach. Bang.

Repeat.

This.

Even if it's true, it doesn't help you.

Are you gonna assume that every girl that rejects you had the wrong anti-bodies?

Unless you're drawing blood from every chick you might run into, or start handing out @ blood banks...

"oh shit, there's a AB- over there son, i'ma holla"

WIA

Results? Some women have a scent, that I really don't like or can not stand. Interest in further contact -> 0.

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.