rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Advice I will tell myself after 6 years of selling products online.

I have been thinking about the many things I have done wrong making a living online and the things I have done right. I see many, many people trying to do the very same things I did wrong. Heck, many people are teaching what I consider the hard way of making cash.

If I were just starting out, I would give my younger self this advice.

Market Selection:

I actually got into selling stuff online while I was deep into real estate. I was lucky, that I was in a big market that spent a lot of money. Hell, it is a sub market to a much bigger one.

I would tell others to pick big markets. You have a ton of people coming into these markets daily creating a never ending supply of customers, more possible partnerships (never consider people competition), and the ability to sell more than one product to each customer.

Pick the markets that people tend to buy a lot of stuff. Selling something like how to get rid of acne will get you a sale but you have nothing to sell them afterwards. Now you look at something like dating, you have seen all the products that people are buying (text game, night game, day game, hipster game, celeb game, etc..)

Diversification is a growth killer:

I really believe people use diversification the wrong way in this business. They think they are protecting themselves by working multiple markets. They are actually hurting their growth because they can’t leverage their expertise, product creation, customers, and time to grow faster by concentrating on one big market.

The big markets we talked about before will never go under. There is no need for protection because thousands to millions of people are entering the market daily. You only have so much time in the day so it is better to work a market until you can’t squeeze anymore money out of it before moving on.

Once you build up your cashcow, and then invest it in something else that doesn’t require a lot of time. I am looking at equity lending myself.

Build a core of evergreen products:

Evergreen mainly means it won’t change over a long time. You don’t want to have to spit out product after product because the first product gets outdated quickly.

I see a ton of people having to do this. They can make good money doing it but it is labor intensive and after some time you’re running on a tread mill. You simply can’t scale your business and that is what everyone should be working towards.

By creating ever green products, once it is done, it will make you money for a long time allowing you to create more and more products.

Selling stuff like how to make money on facebook will probably have a limited shelf life. It doesn’t mean that it is a bad idea to create products like this. I am just saying your core business should be built on products with a larger shelf life and you can make additional money with the products like facebook.

Build a product line!

This is something I was a natural at. I just like creating stuff. Every product you create, you are giving yourself a raise. Not only are you putting more money into your pockets, you are also allowing yourself to be able to spend more money getting customers.

The people with only one product can’t spend much money to get a customers while still be profitable.

You, on the other hand, will be selling more products. That means you can even take a loss on the first product knowing you got 20 more to make up for it.

It is the fastest way to increasing your wallet size without having to get more customers.

It’s the Hussle:

People always worry about traffic. Writing tons of articles which is a waste of time in my opinion.

Like I said, I fell into the online stuff. I created a program for real estate to use for myself. There wasn’t anything really available that was good so I ended up creating one myself. I saw the value and decided that I would make some extra coin selling it to other investors. Why not, the hard work was done.

I created a butt ugly website for it. I didn’t put that much time into it. It didn’t really matter because it was good enough.

I contacted people in real estate clubs trying to get them to partner with me. Not everyone was interested but enough were to put some money into my pockets. I didn’t write any articles, I didn’t do ads, I didn’t do any seo mumbo jumbo. I did it old school and made deals with people.
Even today, I don’t have to worry about any of the stuff because I built up credibility and relationships. I just tell them I got a product and they hit their lists for a cut. Not to mention, I make lists from their sales that I can sell other things.

I was selling the software for 2k a pop and it sold quite a bit. I know many people say they could live just about anywhere for 2k a month. Imagine only selling one program a month to get that.

Sell expensive shit:

I have one list that has about 200 or so people on it. I just sent out an email and pocketed close to 4k last week. Just one email and a pathetically small list.

I am honestly impressed at how much Roosh is making on his books being they are priced so low. Too low in my opinion.

It really isn’t any more difficult selling an expensive product compared to a low priced on. Competing on price is bad form and a limiting mind set.
Your income will increase a ton simply by selling higher priced stuff.

I am not saying you don’t sell any low priced stuff. It really depends on the reason. It isn’t a bad idea to sell lower priced to get customers into your sales funnel in order to sell them higher priced products.

Honestly, I don’t even deal with lower priced product anymore.

By lower price, I mean sub $100.

I get a better customer that doesn’t give me a hard time; I get lower refunds and list that will make me much more money the way I am doing it.

Get your offer right and you will make sales:

I am not a copywriter. It is something I would like to work on but I don’t need too. I know that if my offer is spectacular, I will make money.

What is a spectacular offer?

One that makes you think, “Holy shit, I can’t believe I am doing this!” Roosh saw an increase when he started offering more bonuses and making the offer better.

The one thing I have found that works great is to offer a product for sale on a time frame. In fact, I will be doing this for most of my products. I have my products that build my lists and other products that will only be marketed to that list.

Here is how it works.

I have a group of products that I will sell periodically. I sell them for a week and then pull them off the marketplace. I am in the middle of building up that product line to where I will sell two products a month using this system. It will be available twice a year.

Sometimes people have to be pushed to purchase now or they will wait. This pushes the hell out of them but also tells them if they ever refunded they wouldn’t be able to get it again.

If you also add limited quantities you can punch up the price of the product as well. These are very powerful techniques that anyone can use. Again, I am no copywriter and I can’t tell you how great this stuff works.

Honestly, there is a ton more I could write but I need to get some work done. Haha

This stuff isn’t that difficult. We tend to make things more difficult.

Thanks for the info man, would you have any tips for someone who's interesting in giving this a shot, but has a budget of 100 - 200$? Say you were in my situation, what would you do.

Interesting. I'd love to ask you a couple of q's, just to put your advice into context:

-What sort of products are you actually selling? Information products? Software?
-What marketing channels are you using? Display advertising? SEO?

thanks man.

Quote: (02-17-2013 06:33 PM)Don Wrote:  

Thanks for the info man, would you have any tips for someone who's interesting in giving this a shot, but has a budget of 100 - 200$? Say you were in my situation, what would you do.

Hey Don,

I would do the same thing I did.

I just got active in the communities for that market. There are forums for just about everything nowadays.

After some time, you see the same questions asked over and over again and you will know the answers. A lot of those questions would be your evergreen products.

There will be product sellers in those communities as well. Build relationships with them instead of looking at them as competition. Check out what type of products they are selling and look into creating complimentary offers that would appeal to their customers.

Hell, one thing that worked for me was telling a guy with a sizeable list that we could brand the product in his name. List owners love that shit because they don't have to do a damn thing and they have something more to sell.

List owners have a hard time finding quality products to sell. You make it easy for them and they will become your best friend.

Quote: (02-17-2013 06:48 PM)RichieP Wrote:  

Interesting. I'd love to ask you a couple of q's, just to put your advice into context:

-What sort of products are you actually selling? Information products? Software?
-What marketing channels are you using? Display advertising? SEO?

thanks man.

Hey Richie,

I mainly deal with software but the stuff I talked about works for informational products as well. The stuff I wrote isn't really new but does work.

My main customer lead source is affiliates. I also have done some paid ads on various networks but affiliates are my best converting source. I rather devote more time to creating more products than maximizing ad conversions.

I will never do anything SEO related.

What exactly do you mean by lists/list owners?

A list/catalog of products?

Quote: (02-17-2013 08:39 PM)FretDancer Wrote:  

Hey FretDancer,

I mean people with a list of those that would be interested in your products.

For example; David Deangelo would have a list of people that would be interested in Roosh's products. If Roosh has a complimentary product to what Deangelo offers, Deangelo may be interested in promoting it to his list for a percentage of sales.

Each sale Deangelo makes puts that person on Roosh's customer list. After the customer is on Roosh's list, Roosh can promote more products to that customer and keep all the money from those sales.

You got some people who build lists of people to sell them products as affiliates. Then you have other product sellers who developed a list of people that purchased or expressed interest in what they were offering.

Quote: (02-17-2013 08:47 PM)worldwidetraveler Wrote:  

Quote: (02-17-2013 08:39 PM)FretDancer Wrote:  

Hey FretDancer,

I mean people with a list of those that would be interested in your products.

For example; David Deangelo would have a list of people that would be interested in Roosh's products. If Roosh has a complimentary product to what Deangelo offers, Deangelo may be interested in promoting it to his list for a percentage of sales.

Each sale Deangelo makes puts that person on Roosh's customer list. After the customer is on Roosh's list, Roosh can promote more products to that customer and keep all the money from those sales.

You got some people who build lists of people to sell them products as affiliates. Then you have other product sellers who developed a list of people that purchased or expressed interest in what they were offering.

I see. Thanks for explaining it.

I'm very interested in the software part you mentioned. Did you develop this software yourself? What were the implications? (Frameworks, languages, deadlines, etc.)

Quote: (02-17-2013 09:11 PM)FretDancer Wrote:  

I'm very interested in the software part you mentioned. Did you develop this software yourself? What were the implications? (Frameworks, languages, deadlines, etc.)

Yeah, I developed everything myself and it was a huge bottleneck in my business.

I would have made a lot more money, in the early stages, by getting someone else to build it to specifications.

No problems with deadlines since it was done by me, mainly developed in c# and just upgraded to .net 4 framework.

Honestly, I am not a great programmer. There is a ton more talented programmers out there. I am a better business man, but have enough skills to figure out what I need to do programming wise. I am still shocked at what I have accomplished. hah One of the things that got me high paid consulting gigs was my social skills. They had better programmers but most couldn't compete with me when talking to people. That has been a killer skill used in my own business.

I need to give up more control in order to scale the business more. It is almost a necessity now.

That's awesome man. Again and again, I keep hearing that success is so hugely down to sales, marketing, networking, copywriting, communication, negotiation...

basically all those key interpersonal skills. Is there anything you did to grow your social skills in particular?

Quote: (02-17-2013 09:52 PM)RichieP Wrote:  

That's awesome man. Again and again, I keep hearing that success is so hugely down to sales, marketing, networking, copywriting, communication, negotiation...

basically all those key interpersonal skills. Is there anything you did to grow your social skills in particular?

I was always a pretty social guy.

When I was deep into real estate, I read a lot about negotiating and sales.

I would have to say that the real estate stuff helped immensely. I would force myself to walk up to houses of people in foreclosure and try to purchase their house.

Man, talk about walking into a hostile environment. I learned a ton negotiating between the home owners and banks to work out a deal.

I did a lot of direct marketing for real estate leads. I had a ton of calls. I got pretty good at dealing with them and would have quite a few people ready to sign over their house for free. Hell, I had some willing to pay me to take over their house. This was done over the phone without meeting in person.

I would say from a selling perspective, those experiences set me up for online.

It is tougher to build relationships via online and/or emails. It can still be done but it takes more time. I tend to joke a lot and I think that helps people to become comfortable with me. People tend to work with those they like.

It still shocks me when someone purchases a 2k software program from someone they don't know.

Over delivering on product quality has also cemented my credibility with a lot of people.

Very solid advice.

I think people work too hard to be "diversified."

One of the easiest ways to diversify in online marketing is to sell your byproducts.

Example: I started out selling vitamins and blood tests in the eCommerce space and by default, had to get very good at SEO. I now run a national SEO firm that makes substantially more per month than my vitamin business.

Through building client websites, we've found a number of niches that didn't have quality, responsive WordPress themes. So, we designed them in photoshop, sent the file to a programmer, and now we sell them. We price them just below market value because there's typically low search volume, but we have a footer link on every theme we sell. This means we not only get paid, but the footer links bolsters the power of our main website, as well as tertiary websites, which gets us more clients.

Happened naturally and now we have 3 location independent businesses. If you have a hard time finding something (product, service, info, etc.) or find a necessary task or procedure to be a pain in the ass, chances are other people do too. Create a solution to your own problem, then put it on the market, and test pricing as necessary.

Great ideas, OP, especially your take on marketing.

"I need to give up more control in order to scale the business more. It is almost a necessity now. "

That's where I'm at as well, and since taking on my first intern have only started to be reminded at just how much I've been limiting my business by not sharing opportunities with others. Having the interns network through affilliates will be a further step in that direction. Two more interns are scheduled to come out soon, and others are showing strong interest.

I have the notion to use business to help in other areas of life as well. We're going to be building a tight knit rat pack community and putting up villas and offices throughout the world. Money, women, travel, friendship, community, security, adventure, experience, knowledge, and status. That's what I'm leveraging my business knowledge, ideas, and capital into - for myself and the carefully selected core group.

So yes, by giving up control, the plan is to share the wealth and earn more wealth than by working alone.

The key is going to be developing a strong sense of community, so that we don't devolve into fragmented individualism. Men have an innate capacity to form coalitions based on bonds and integrity - so that's what I'm going to shoot for. In fact the bigger projects are only going to be offered for the interns who live together. In fact some of the projects that we'll be working on have not yet even been mentioned to the people who have contacted me, as I want to save them for the guys who've entered the fold, so to speak. I'm aiming for lifelong bonds. Some might think that goes against the human nature of greed, but I think it is perfectly in line with male nature for strong in-group loyalty and co-operative efforts.

Edit: by the way, selling low cost products that rely on SEO work can also be a good business strategy. There are many different strategies that work, and sometimes they can also be combined.

Quote: (02-18-2013 01:36 AM)Alpha Mind Wrote:  

Very solid advice.

One of the easiest ways to diversify in online marketing is to sell your byproducts.

It is funny what can come out of necessity. I would have to say all of my products were developed because of a need at the time.

I gave out a software program for free and even let other people resell it. I have links in the software that promotes other products of mine. That damn program still sends traffic and was something I tested roughly 4 or so years ago.

Need to write myself a memo to start that up again. haha

Quote: (02-18-2013 06:34 AM)xsplat Wrote:  

Great ideas, OP, especially your take on marketing.

"I need to give up more control in order to scale the business more. It is almost a necessity now. "

That's where I'm at as well, and since taking on my first intern have only started to be reminded at just how much I've been limiting my business by not sharing opportunities with others. Having the interns network through affilliates will be a further step in that direction. Two more interns are scheduled to come out soon, and others are showing strong interest.

I have the notion to use business to help in other areas of life as well. We're going to be building a tight knit rat pack community and putting up villas and offices throughout the world. Money, women, travel, friendship, community, security, adventure, experience, knowledge, and status. That's what I'm leveraging my business knowledge, ideas, and capital into - for myself and the carefully selected core group.

So yes, by giving up control, the plan is to share the wealth and earn more wealth than by working alone.

The key is going to be developing a strong sense of community, so that we don't devolve into fragmented individualism. Men have an innate capacity to form coalitions based on bonds and integrity - so that's what I'm going to shoot for. In fact the bigger projects are only going to be offered for the interns who live together. In fact some of the projects that we'll be working on have not yet even been mentioned to the people who have contacted me, as I want to save them for the guys who've entered the fold, so to speak. I'm aiming for lifelong bonds. Some might think that goes against the human nature of greed, but I think it is perfectly in line with male nature for strong in-group loyalty and co-operative efforts.

Edit: by the way, selling low cost products that rely on SEO work can also be a good business strategy. There are many different strategies that work, and sometimes they can also be combined.

I always said it would be more fun to get rich with a friend than on your own. Unfortunately, most people just don't have the mindset to deal with what comes with the package.

Prior to getting into my present business, I briefly partnered with a good friend who was a builder. I figured with my skills and his it would open up a lot of possibilities.

It fell apart because the guy got greedy. I have suspicions he didn't value what I brought to the table and decided he was due more. Well, he later came to me and told me he tried to duplicate my plans and couldn't execute them.

"Man, it is a lot harder than I thought." haha

The guy made and lost millions many times. He just has a short term mindset. The end of our partnership coincided with the real estate bust and he lost everything... again.

It is great to bring people with you on the journey but you can't give up control.

I have mixed feelings when it comes to sharing the wealth. Not so much because I am greedy because I always believe there is more than enough to go around. It is more about keeping people hungry enough to get the maximum productivity out of them.

Give people too much and they become lazy. I know from experience and I have had to push myself in other ways. It isn't easy and I can't imagine most people even being aware of what is happening to them.

Definitely drop details on how the intern stuff goes. I am trying to decide whether to hit a college town and startup a development center or possibly doing it in a place like Poland since my needs are very software centric.

Quote: (02-17-2013 09:27 PM)worldwidetraveler Wrote:  

Quote: (02-17-2013 09:11 PM)FretDancer Wrote:  

Yeah, I developed everything myself and it was a huge bottleneck in my business.

I would have made a lot more money, in the early stages, by getting someone else to build it to specifications.

Honestly, I am not a great programmer. There is a ton more talented programmers out there. I am a better business man, but have enough skills to figure out what I need to do programming wise. I am still shocked at what I have accomplished. hah One of the things that got me high paid consulting gigs was my social skills. They had better programmers but most couldn't compete with me when talking to people. That has been a killer skill used in my own business.

Damn... I was developing a good software some months ago but gave it a stop to focus on other things. I always thought it had great potential, maybe not worldwide but at least in the country. Maybe I should get back to it.

Quote:Quote:

No problems with deadlines since it was done by me, mainly developed in c# and just upgraded to .net 4 framework.

Is it a desktop application or web? One of the reasons I halted my development of the software I mentioned before was because of Microsoft .NET licenses. I think you need to have a special license in order to develop an application and have the rights to sell it. Can you confirm this?

Quote: (02-18-2013 10:18 AM)worldwidetraveler Wrote:  

Quote: (02-18-2013 01:36 AM)Alpha Mind Wrote:  

Very solid advice.

It is funny what can come out of necessity. I would have to say all of my products were developed because of a need at the time.

I gave out a software program for free and even let other people resell it. I have links in the software that promotes other products of mine. That damn program still sends traffic and was something I tested roughly 4 or so years ago.

Need to write myself a memo to start that up again. haha

With the exception of a few people, everyone I know who makes legit money in the space has developed products out of necessity.

There are probably thousands of people who are completely unaware that they're sitting on killer offers, but will never realize and/or act on them.

Quote: (02-18-2013 02:05 PM)FretDancer Wrote:  

Is it a desktop application or web? One of the reasons I halted my development of the software I mentioned before was because of Microsoft .NET licenses. I think you need to have a special license in order to develop an application and have the rights to sell it. Can you confirm this?

Nope, no special license needed to develop and sell.

Quote: (02-18-2013 10:18 AM)worldwidetraveler Wrote:  

Ya, that's a good point. People sometimes ask me how to spot business opportunities, but for me it's often been a matter of a need that I had to solve for myself first. And like you said before, it's going to be crucial to sustain interest in the business that the subject is something you enjoy and care about. It's easy to think that the purpose of a small business is to make money, and that making money would enough to sustain interest, but it doesn't always work like that. It really helps to have a genuine emtional investment - that will translate into better efforts.

That's another good strategy. I've never tried that. I'll keep my brain waves tuning for firefox plugin ideas. It could be worth it to pay a developer to make one, just for the ad possibilities. Or other freeware.

Quote: (02-18-2013 10:25 AM)worldwidetraveler Wrote:  

It is great to bring people with you on the journey but you can't give up control.

I've been trying to piece out only small portions of work to others, never letting anyone see the big picture in order to maintain control, however I'm going to have to risk giving a full education to the interns. I understand the risks in that.

Here are my ideas towards mitigating the risk:
* try to vet the applicants based on talent and character
* work on building up in-group loyalty through bro-bonding experiences
* have there be strong long term financial and lifestyle incentives to remain in the good graces of the in-group. We'll have a legal fund, health care plan, a network of villas open only to us, and access to networking between all of our business contacts. We'll be a social club and business club that offers members many great lifestyle perks, and guys won't want to be excommunicated from it
* choose projects that are very lucrative and pay on a commission basis. You mention this can ultimately be a disincentive if the pay is too high, however that leads to:
* have group investment opportunities. Not like 401k plans, but like resorts and bars and businesses that give social access to attractive young women. So the group members will not only have access to villas across the globe, but have the option to be part owners in status businesses.
* Some disincentive for copying a group business and going it alone - stronger than merely excommunication. Remains to be considered. I want to keep people from trying to steal our business ideas and going it alone solely by the carrot, but it's always a good idea to also have the stick in the background.

Men in our age hunger for community. Many turn to churches for it, or some use the internet as a substitute. I see the potential for a business focused group to provide that sense of community that men are hard wired to need. We'll bond as a co-orporation, and grow stupidly wealthy, and invest in lifestyle enhancing businesses, until we are the obvious elite, backed up by our posse of the elite.

Definitely drop details on how the intern stuff goes. I am trying to decide whether to hit a college town and startup a development center or possibly doing it in a place like Poland since my needs are very software centric.

Ya, my thinking at this time is to open a 2nd large house to rent in China in order to stumble into new opportunities, and then eventually look to open one somewhere in Eastern Europe, to take advantage of the English speaking low wage talent pool for online marketing. From there we might look towards South and Central America.

In Indonesia I'm getting involved in selling in the local market, and I have other ideas for locally based businesses in other markets also, but honestly the main reason behind opening up house/offices around the world is lifestyle. Money is not for money. Money is for lifestyle. Our collusion will ultimately also not be for money. It will be for community and status and connections and power and lifestyle. And money.

Quote: (02-19-2013 04:57 AM)xsplat Wrote:  

Men in our age hunger for community. Many turn to churches for it, or some use the internet as a substitute. I see the potential for a business focused group to provide that sense of community that men are hard wired to need. We'll bond as a co-orporation, and grow stupidly wealthy, and invest in lifestyle enhancing businesses, until we are the obvious elite, backed up by our posse of the elite.

You ideas are cool. I would think that turnover would be extremely low for what you are giving.

I was originally going to contract work out remotely. I really didn't want to be stuck to a particular area. After a lot of thought, I think I will retain people much more by opening up shop in select locations.

It will also allow you to build a social network in that area which is huge when going to a new location.

I am going to have to check out Poland, Bulgaria and Romania for software development. Ukraine had too much of a language problem.

I can hire 4 guys to one here, in the states, for the same quality if not higher. It is hard to pass that by to stay local.

I was looking at college areas for other things like graphics, content and video skills.

I think for me, I will set up shop in a couple different areas that I enjoy hanging out and has an endless supply of women.

I want to create a fun working environment that doesn't strap people to computers working 8 hours a day. Maybe even setting a 4 day work week so people can have longer weekends. From a productivity standpoint, I truly believe this will increase it. I know I need breaks throughout the day to keep productive.

Investment wise, I feel more comfortable investing in real estate here in the states. More of a lender role in particular states with short foreclosure laws.

I get bored of being in an area for too long so having a few areas to bounce back and forth from will work for me.

How did I miss this awesome post/thread?
Smashing post WWT! You and Xsplat dropped some true gems of wisdom for the young guys in here! What truly caught my attention and had me nodding my head thinking "this guy gets it!" is what you wrote below. I've been saying the exact same thing for years, not only in here but around me to people I know. I learned the hard way, that it takes the same effort, amount of money and time, to sell a cheap 20-50 bucks item than it does a 2-3 even 5k item/package! You still have to write copy for it, run your ad, have your email follow ups, your sales funnel etc...

I mean why would any sane person waste their time, resources an efforts in promoting and selling something that makes them peanuts while they can be doing the exact same effort for infinitely rewarding and truly life enhancing amounts? Say you're selling a 40 bucks ebook or item, ask yourself, how many of those will you need to sell to have 5k in your pocket per month? A shit load of them! Now, on the other hand, say you're selling something that makes you 1k, 2k or 3k+ per sale, how many will you need to sell to reach that same 5k/month goal? A LOT less than you would need with your 40 bucks ebook/item. This is not rocket science, it's pure common sense guys!

Another beauty of the higher end items is that you can afford to be more adventurous, daring in your advertising and play with a bigger budget to promote your biz, to run a full page ad in a magazine/newspaper, to hire help when needed (copywriter, webdesigner, SEO, customer service etc...) that you wouldn't be able to with a lower priced item (unless you were selling a vast volume of them). You know why you can afford to do all that with a higher end product? It's because you only need 1 or at most 2 sales per month to recoup your costs and any sale after is pure gravy.

It may sound crazy that people would buy 1k, 2k, 3k, 4k, 5k and + items/packages/softwares/memberships, but there is a specific market for that.
Not only there is a market for these higher end products/items but you'd be surprised how many would buy them direct from the site, without getting in touch with the person selling it. I've sold quite a few 3k packages where the person went to my site, liked what they saw and bought it on the spot. You literally have to pinch yourself when you get those fat commission notifications, even after the 20th time!

Heck, I've been selling a higher end package at 2k, 3k and 5k for 5 years and won't be getting anywhere near anything that makes me less than at the very least 1k. Why should I? When you're making 3200+/sale, you'd have to be crazier than crazy to waste your time promoting and selling a measly 20-50-100 or even 500, heck even a 1k a pop would be a major pay cut!

Another great advantage of selling higher end products is that you deal with a higher level of people! Some of the worst prospects/clients are those that buy the cheap stuff yet expect to get VIP treatment! And way lower refund requests! In 5 years of selling high end items, I have yet to receive a single refund request! (Knock on wood!) Try that with a lower end product!

All in all, higher end items, is where it is at - truly! Just ask yourself: which will get you to 5k/month faster? Selling 2 memberships a 3k commission a pop or a cheap ebooks at 40 bucks per sale? A no brainer really! To make a comparison to girls, if the exact same effort and time would land you a 4-5 and a 8-9 or even a 10, which one would you go for?

Quote: (02-17-2013 04:04 PM)worldwidetraveler Wrote:  

I was selling the software for 2k a pop and it sold quite a bit. I know many people say they could live just about anywhere for 2k a month. Imagine only selling one program a month to get that.

Sell expensive shit:

I have one list that has about 200 or so people on it. I just sent out an email and pocketed close to 4k last week. Just one email and a pathetically small list.

I am honestly impressed at how much Roosh is making on his books being they are priced so low. Too low in my opinion.

It really isn’t any more difficult selling an expensive product compared to a low priced on. Competing on price is bad form and a limiting mind set.
Your income will increase a ton simply by selling higher priced stuff.

I am not saying you don’t sell any low priced stuff. It really depends on the reason. It isn’t a bad idea to sell lower priced to get customers into your sales funnel in order to sell them higher priced products.

Honestly, I don’t even deal with lower priced product anymore.

By lower price, I mean sub $100.

I get a better customer that doesn’t give me a hard time; I get lower refunds and list that will make me much more money the way I am doing it.

WWT,
You want to hire quality, educated, english speaker competent workers without breaking the bank? Just two words: the Philippines. This is where it's at! Why pay 1k+ per site to a freelancer when you can hire a full time competent web designer for 5-700 bucks a month there? I'm going to be hiring an entire team of qualified workers for myself there in the near future. The opportunities there are simply phenomenal. I'm going to leave it at that and not say anything else on that topic but you get the gist of it. [Image: smile.gif]

Xsplat,
I like what you are doing! Keep us updated on your interns thing. Are you doing something similar to the Tropical MBA kind of thing? Sounds awesome from what you've written!

Quote: (05-30-2013 12:55 AM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

WWT,
You want to hire quality, educated, english speaker competent workers without breaking the bank? Just two words: the Philippines. This is where it's at! Why pay 1k+ per site to a freelancer when you can hire a full time competent web designer for 5-700 bucks a month there? I'm going to be hiring an entire team of qualified workers for myself there in the near future. The opportunities there are simply phenomenal. I'm going to leave it at that and not say anything else on that topic but you get the gist of it. [Image: smile.gif]

Xsplat,
I like what you are doing! Keep us updated on your interns thing. Are you doing something similar to the Tropical MBA kind of thing? Sounds awesome from what you've written!

From what I can gather the only products that Tropical MBA sells are inspiration and networking among entrepreneurs. I have businesses that sell actual products, and my interns learn to create from the ground up lucrative businesses that sell actual products. We are not involved in any way in selling inspiration or networking.

Quote: (05-30-2013 12:55 AM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

WWT,

Xsplat,

spot on about the phillipines. I had a fulltime web & graphic designer from Phillipines in my previous business. He would outwork everyone in the business, always wanted to be learning new skills, and put out some of the best quality designs I've seen. I had a line of people asking to use him if he had any spare time.

We were paying just over 1k a month....but through an agency.