rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Feminist: "Why the Word 'Panties' Is So Awful"

Source: http://www.theatlantic.com/sexes/archive...t/273224/#

Every month or so, I receive a glossy coupon from Victoria's Secret in my mailbox. "Free panty!" it beckons. "No purchase necessary!"

Reading those words, I cringe a little bit. Not because I hate underwear—I'm an ardent lover of underwear. It's because I hate the word "panty." I hate the plural form of "panty" as well. "Panties" creeps me out.

And apparently I'm not alone. In addition to a slew of blog posts and message boards denouncing the word, The Huffington Post's Zoë Triska named it "the worst word ever." Cracked.com included "panties" in its list of the "Five Words That Need To Be Banned From English."
I've heard several people refer to the word as "infantilizing." The addition of the suffix "-ies" (or in the singular form, "-y") converts the word into a diminutive. Literally: "little pants." The suffix puts it in the same category as "booties" and "blankies"—words often associated with small children. In fact, according to the Oxford English Dictionary, the first known use of "panties" is from a 1908 set of instructions for making doll clothes. "The undergarment is ... easily made, for the little waist and panties are cut in one piece." Women, it seems, would rather not shimmy into a garment whose name would also suggest they are shimmying into a pair of knee socks and saddle shoes and handed an oversized lollipop.
So what word could be used instead? Personally, I've always just called my bottom unmentionables "underwear." My sister, though, disagrees. "Underwear" is no dice, she says, because women have two types of underwear (bras and panties)—and how will you know which ones are being referred to?

Another friend of mine has suggested the terms "top undies" and "bottom undies," but I don't see that particular strategy catching on, either.
It's well-documented that women are ahead of the curve when it comes to linguistic ingenuity. When it comes to trends, women often set them rather than follow them—so if women are disgusted, then it's our responsibility to keep the conversation going. At this point, it might be a good thing to get our bottom-undies in a twist.

Looks like feminists have found another word to twist nearly as much as their "bottom-undies" have been.

They could them whore-straps.

Panties creep her out.

[Image: wtf.jpg]

I think nothing more need be said.

[Image: discussionclosed.gif]

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

But labeling them undies suffers the same problem. Because men wear underwear, and calling them undies represents the cute factor because it's supposed to be small and oppressive. No man would call underwear undies.

Frankly I think they should dispose of the term panties, because frankly in the USA there's nothing small about their bottom undies.

Ah damn, my comment requires moderation before it gets posted.

Here we are in the year 2013 though, we have a great connecting worldwide tool with limitless information and knowledge available to us and this bitch is crying about the term "panties".

Wow...this bitch really dug deep to find something to take offense to.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

If men called their underwear panties, she'd then insist on using the name for women's underwear as well.

It "creeps" her out b/c nothing in Victoria Secret fits her fat ass.

I take offense to the word "feminist" because it's false advertising. When you first hear the word and find out that women are associating themselves with the movement, you think to yourself "Hey, this is great! It's called "feminism", therefore it must be a movement that teaches women how to become more effeminate."

Then you find out that the average feminist swears (and eats) like a dockworker, has short, mannish hair, is fat and ugly, shames women who are thin and take care of themselves, brags about not being able to cook, brags about having one night stands with guys, and generally acts like a cunt.

I fucking love the word panties....fuck this bitch!

Quote: (02-16-2013 11:32 AM)Icepasian Wrote:  

I hate the plural form of "panty" as well. "Panties" creeps me out.

It's well-documented that women are ahead of the curve when it comes to linguistic ingenuity. When it comes to trends, women often set them rather than follow them[/i]

Since when? Chicks simply follow everything men do and invent. Hell, chicks aren't even in control of the fashion industry. Most of the clothes chicks wear are created and designed by gay men. It also should come as no surprise that "panties creeps her out." Feminists find everything "creepy" nowadays.

Every month or so, I receive a glossy coupon from Victoria's Secret in my mailbox. "Free panty!" it beckons. "No purchase necessary!"

Reading those words, I cringe a little bit. Not because I hate underwear—I'm an ardent lover of underwear. It's because I hate the word "panty." I hate the plural form of "panty" as well. "Panties" creeps me out.

[Image: P3hO5NR.gif]

Quote:Quote:

And apparently I'm not alone. In addition to a slew of blog posts and message boards denouncing the word, The Huffington Post's Zoë Triska named it "the worst word ever." Cracked.com included "panties" in its list of the "Five Words That Need To Be Banned From English."

[Image: U4rRf.gif]

I've heard several people refer to the word as "infantilizing." The addition of the suffix "-ies" (or in the singular form, "-y") converts the word into a diminutive. Literally: "little pants." The suffix puts it in the same category as "booties" and "blankies"—words often associated with small children. In fact, according to the Oxford English Dictionary, the first known use of "panties" is from a 1908 set of instructions for making doll clothes. "The undergarment is ... easily made, for the little waist and panties are cut in one piece." Women, it seems, would rather not shimmy into a garment whose name would also suggest they are shimmying into a pair of knee socks and saddle shoes and handed an oversized lollipop.

[Image: quP0iTK.gif]

So what word could be used instead? Personally, I've always just called my bottom unmentionables "underwear." My sister, though, disagrees. "Underwear" is no dice, she says, because women have two types of underwear (bras and panties)—and how will you know which ones are being referred to?

Another friend of mine has suggested the terms "top undies" and "bottom undies," but I don't see that particular strategy catching on, either.

Here's my strategy for you and the other rich, entitled white feminists clucking around on that site with nothing better to do but find new things to bitch about:

[Image: b0BP2.gif]

It's well-documented that women are ahead of the curve when it comes to linguistic ingenuity. When it comes to trends, women often set them rather than follow them—so if women are disgusted, then it's our responsibility to keep the conversation going. At this point, it might be a good thing to get our bottom-undies in a twist.

Yeah, keep those hamsters running. Just be careful not to overwork the poor little guys.

[Image: huHHZ.gif]

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

Take the "t" out and add another "n"...

pannies

It's because I hate the word "panty."

She's subtly trying to tell us she's not wearing any.

Quote: (02-16-2013 12:47 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

It "creeps" her out b/c nothing in Victoria Secret fits her fat ass.

Further proof of the trend that these dumb bitches just apply the word to any thing or idea that they don't like..

RVF Fearless Coindogger Crew