rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Funding my son's education 2X more than my daughters

I have 2 kids, a daughter and a son, both beautiful and amazing, the loves of my life. They say that every parent has a favorite but I can't believe that...both of mine have an unlimited amount of my love.

However like any parent I have not-unlimited time and money to help them get launched in a few years from now.

So starting this month, I started changing my planning process to favor my son 2-1 over my daughter, as follows:

- Encouraging daughter to go to a lower level school (state university) in a less expensive major (biology, liberal arts)

- Encouraging son to go to top-tier school (twice the tuition)

- Basically giving all my free time as a dad to my son now. (Daughter is a teen so she kinda wants me around less anyway). Major, major time investment with him now.

- Planning for more college prep, enrichment programs, educational travel, summer camps, etc for son.

The reason for all this is very simple and very fair. My daughter is very pretty. Like all pretty (or even decent looking) women, she will never have to work as hard or take as many risks. There will always be a man who will gladly support her in life. She will never have to single-handedly support a family. As a woman, she will have a million different advantages all stemming from the fact that, simply, she is a woman and our society is set up to protect her. She's already so much more mature than him...like girls usually are...so she's so self-guided.

For my son however, like all boys, handsomeness and even brains won't matter one bit. He is going to have to fight and claw his way into a good career, and he'll never get one break that he doesn't work for. Nobody will ever be there to support him. If he wants to have a family, he will have to commit to the possibility of supporting them by himself.

Furthermore, as a boy, he will be much more likely to stray and fall into bad habits. He will fact the potential for gangs, drugs, and prison at a rate 10X that of any girl.

Like parents for thousands of years, I must face the fact that my boy is more likely to fail and will face more difficult challenges. This is as it should be: I believe the men as a sex should bear the brunt of the risk in the human race. However I also have a duty to the human race, to help him face that larger amount of risk with better preparation.

For these reasons, as a person who wants the future to be a better place, it is only simple logic that I invest more where it is needed: in my son.

Naturally I'm not going to share this decision with anyone. I make my decisions for my part of the family, and I never have discussed them with anybody. Why bother? Everybody in our society is a total fucking idiot on this topic right now. Do exactly the opposite of what the fucking idiots advise, and you will do pretty well, that's my motto.

Will you be my father too, mr lemon? You sound like an awesome dad, I wish my old man had his eyes half as open as you when i was growing up, cheers. Also, it wouldn't hurt to hide all that money from your old lady if your still together. My mom pilfered my resp when I turned 21 because I was working to make more money for school, and upgrading marks to go to uni so I guess I didn't need it? (oh hamster, why you so crazy). Just a heads-up for you and your son. I'm behind on going to school by at least 2-3 years now and it's discouraging.
Cheers man, mad respect from me.

Quote: (02-16-2013 12:13 AM)MrLemon Wrote:  

I have 2 kids, a daughter and a son, both beautiful and amazing, the loves of my life. They say that every parent has a favorite but I can't believe that...both of mine have an unlimited amount of my love.

However like any parent I have not-unlimited time and money to help them get launched in a few years from now.

So starting this month, I started changing my planning process to favor my son 2-1 over my daughter, as follows:

- Encouraging daughter to go to a lower level school (state university) in a less expensive major (biology, liberal arts)

- Basically giving all my free time as a dad to my son now. (Daughter is a teen so she kinda wants me around less anyway). Major, major time investment with him now.

- Planning for more college prep, enrichment programs, educational travel, summer camps, etc for son.

The reason for all this is very simple and very fair. My daughter is very pretty. Like all pretty (or even decent looking) women, she will never have to work as hard or take as many risks. There will always be a man who will gladly support her in life. She will never have to single-handedly support a family. As a woman, she will have a million different advantages all stemming from the fact that, simply, she is a woman and our society is set up to protect her. She's already so much more mature than him...like girls usually are...so she's so self-guided.

For my son however, like all boys, handsomeness and even brains won't matter one bit. He is going to have to fight and claw his way into a good career, and he'll never get one break that he doesn't work for. Nobody will ever be there to support him. If he wants to have a family, he will have to commit to the possibility of supporting them by himself.

Furthermore, as a boy, he will be much more likely to stray and fall into bad habits. He will fact the potential for gangs, drugs, and prison at a rate 10X that of any girl.

Like parents for thousands of years, I must face the fact that my boy is more likely to fail and will face more difficult challenges. This is as it should be: I believe the men as a sex should bear the brunt of the risk in the human race. However I also have a duty to the human race, to help him face that larger amount of risk with better preparation.

For these reasons, as a person who wants the future to be a better place, it is only simple logic that I invest more where it is needed: in my son.

Naturally I'm not going to share this decision with anyone. I make my decisions for my part of the family, and I never have discussed them with anybody. Why bother? Everybody in our society is a total fucking idiot on this topic right now. Do exactly the opposite of what the fucking idiots advise, and you will do pretty well, that's my motto.

You are right on the money ! I already decided the same, but wont mention it out loud to too many folks.....

I dunno. They're kids man. The most likely scenario where they'll wind up the best and most socially well-adjusted adults is by treating them fairly as children and by NOT splitting them up unnecessarily. Brother and sister need to be close and they need to know mom and dad love em both the same.

What will make the biggest impact is the knowledge you impart on them equitably. Otherwis be well prepared for your daughter to excommunicate you permanently when she's an adult and figures you out. Seen this happen twice in my extended family.

Makes sense. Just be discreet about it and she'll probably be too self-absorbed to notice any difference in treatment.

I remember reading your other post on how well adjusted your wife is, growing up overseas, and so I'd think that explaining this to her would have her (almost) full backing. Bravo on really taking initiative and being reasoned, practical and above all, loving with your Kids. Have to be honest and it seems that you have given this lots of thought.

I'm not a father, but I had one that made a very similar choice to you. In the end, I was not the chosen son, but if anything, it gave me much more of an entrepreneurial spirit and I was able to follow in his footsteps in getting a full scholarship at a top 20 school and in turn, quite a comfortable life.

If anything I'd advise that you add onto the list of SAT prep and camps some serious talks about hustling, entrepreneurial spirit and general red pill philosophies, maybe even public speaking and sales courses. I have a family friend who was an admissions advisor at Princeton and now heads admissions at a big Florida school and he says that pretty much all the kids he sees gets perfect grades and SAT scores...

But it's the stuff like "started my own non profit" "took a year off to travel the world" and "built own mutual fund" that helps to ensure that they get a second and third look at those apps. Legacy kids and rich buffoons will always have their spots, might not be a bad idea to "game" the system if you're shooting for those ivy leagues. I've already set up something like this for my eventual progeny, if I ever have any.

Quote: (02-16-2013 01:08 AM)guerrilla Wrote:  

I dunno. They're kids man. The most likely scenario where they'll wind up the best and most socially well-adjusted adults is by treating them fairly as children and by NOT splitting them up unnecessarily. Brother and sister need to be close and they need to know mom and dad love em both the same.

What will make the biggest impact is the knowledge you impart on them equitably. Otherwis be well prepared for your daughter to excommunicate you permanently when she's an adult and figures you out. Seen this happen twice in my extended family.

Yeah, this. Believe me, I live in a community full of Indian-Americans, where mindsets like yours are more common than normal; I've seen some of my female friends get consigned to the local community college simply on basis of their gender, and they resent the living hell out of their parents for it(and justifiably so-my town is balls out boring, and many of these girls worked their asses off throughout high school). However fair you may percieve your attitudes to be, do not expect her to see it the same way. You may be right in your decision, but I highly doubt you want your daughter despising you for the rest of your life.

What I do recommend doing is sitting her down and having a good talk about gender relations and feminism, and highlight the bullshit that pervades the latter ideology. That should get across whatever redpill ideas you want her to understand. But don't hold her to a lower standard than her brother. From my experience, the familial shitstorm that that produces is rarely ever worth it.

Sorry, this is a terrible plan and totally unfair to your daughters. They are not guaranteed getting the kind of man you think they may get. As an Institutional Research Analyst (which means I study universities for a living) steer her the FUCK AWAY FROM BIOLOGY. IT IS THE WORST FIELD OF THEM ALL,WORSE THAN THEATER, WORSE THAN ART HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!

Even a liberal arts major is a terrible major and most of them are a dime a dozen. Get her into something useful, like engineering, statistics or actuarial science. That or a nursing degree or some kind of applied trade. You want her to be able to land a good husband? A liberal arts degree includes a huge dose of feminism and terrible leftist groupthink.

Your plan is totally see through and your daughters will completely resent you for it. It totally respect you wanting to set your son up for success, but your daughters deserve a decent shot to not be so screwed up no decent man will want them.

Great point (booshala) about the Sales/Public Speaking Courses.

That's just stupid. Treat your kids the same or they'll hate you.

There are a lot of EE/South American girls in the hard sciences who are hot and feminine. Your daughter will rebel if she figures out you're setting your son on the fast track while setting her up for state school. Let her choose what she wants to do while being a strong father figure.

If anything, raise your kids in a traditional country in their teens or something.

Like Tytalus mentioned, I'd probably encourage her to go down the path of nursing rather than any arts degree. Obviously this won't be anywhere near as expensive as the STEM subjects you would be egging your son into, which justifies the difference in funding. You just gotta make sure they actually go down the paths you have in mind, otherwise there will be a shitstorm brewing in your near future

Quote: (02-16-2013 01:08 AM)guerrilla Wrote:  

Bang on.

I've read that in the Hunter/Gatherer Era, everything was Matriarchal as men led nomadic lives.

The concept of Patriarchy didn't come on the scene until civilization/religion.

So I think the whole idea of "Parenting" causes alot of discontent/frustration.

While it sounds good to give a boy lots of attention and it's definitely better than neglect, I'd be careful with this.

Often kids who have close relationships with parents will feel the need to constantly live up to what parents want, not what they themselves want. So you may wind up with a kid who is actually less successful and less happy than if you said "I don't know what you're up to, but do whatever pleases YOU. Just holler if you need me -- I'll be here." If a kid feels "monitored," he's also more likely to be self-conscious and a worry-wart. These are NOT ingredients for success. I know this firsthand.

Over-involved parents was a problem for me, although I didn't realize it at the time. How could I? What else did I know?

It also stressed my dating life, since I felt like a failure to my parents when a longtime g/f and I broke up, since they had gotten to know her so well. They seemed to take the break-up worse than I did. This ended up having a domino effect of bad consequences on who I dated, and I wrote about this in detail on another thread.

We need to care about kids, but give them enough room to breathe -- and fail. When we smother kids with attention, we often unwittingly create screwed-up kids. Had my parents cared less about what I was up to and lived their own lives instead of mine, I'd have been able to really soar. Instead I spent my twenties,self-consciously limp along, always feeling like I was being "monitored" and "shamed" because I wasn't living up to some undefined great expectation.

If I ever have kids, I would try to support all decisions they make and I perceive as positive and future oriented. You can't force them into stuff they do not like, it will make them miserable and they won't forget about this.

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Nah don't just invest 2x more money on education for your son just because he is male.
Use your money fairly, the only thing you should do would be to teach your son all the masculine virtues you know, and increase your girl exposure to the feminine.

Be a good example to your kids when it comes to what a male should be like, this will have a deep and long lasting effect on them.

boredom is evil

Amazing how many people are criticizing him and ignoring the clear, logical case he made for his decision.

It's not like he said he is stopping his daughter's education in the 8th grade then sending her to live in a madrassa. Last I checked, sending a girl to a state university isn't exactly child neglect.

He's just choosing to allocate his time and money to the child that stands to gain more from his investment. He knows that his daughter, being attractive, has much more to gain in life simply by marrying a quality man and becoming a mother rather than by falling for the bullshit feminist imperative of chasing the fancy degree/high paying job in the big city. We all know how that story ends for too many women. This guy doesn't want his daughter to be one of them.

And we also know how tough it is to set yourself apart as a man. Like he said, no one but your family is going to do you any favors. Anything you get in this life as a man will be because you fought for it. Encouraging his son to develop a successful, motivated attitude and helping him to get a headstart in life is the best thing a father can do for his son.

The ROI a father can get from sending his son fully prepared to enter the adult world at his maximum potential dwarfs what he would get from doing the same with his daughter. This is doubly so if the daughter is good-looking. With a pretty daughter, your parenting strategy should be similar to what we call "fuckup avoidance game": give her a good education, but make sure it doesn't come at the expense of her femininity and exposing her to bad influences (i.e. pierced, tattooed, feminist freaks at a "good" university). Then make sure she knows how to tell the difference between real alphas and bad boy players. The rest will take care of itself.

High value women are born, but high value men must be made.

[size=8pt]"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”[/size] [size=7pt] - Romans 8:18[/size]

One way girls react to a father's neglect is by cock-hopping, so if you want to increase the odds of your daughter being passed around by the athletes and notorious fraternities at Big State U then by all means treat her like a whore and skimp on her education. Also, you don't want a girl to get the bright idea to take out a bunch of loans and go back to college in her late 20s because the first degree wasn't good enough. A giant debt liability doesn't help make a woman more marriageable if that's what she wants.

Divide degrees into categories based on odds of success and potential value.

(not comprehensive, just an example)

Skill fields with heavy competition -- success is possible but very hard to achieve. Take a hard look at the talent and dedication of the student:

Acting, Music, Art, Creative Writing, Sports, State/Federal Politics (as an elected official).

Skill professions with significant additional barriers to entry (tests, certifications, degree requirements, training, etc). These aren't bad choices, but still can be risky and are definitely not for everyone:

Doctor, Lawyer, Architect, Civil Engineer, Academic researcher (especially science).

In-demand fields -- challenging but success is a reasonable expectation for capable students, lots of varying ways to succeed.

Energy (geology, physics, chemistry), technology (math, hard science, computer science), engineering, finance (math, accounting, actuarial science, economics), statistics, primary/secondary education.

etc...

Quote: (02-16-2013 09:20 AM)scorpion Wrote:  

He's just choosing to allocate his time and money to the child that stands to gain more from his investment. He knows that his daughter, being attractive, has much more to gain in life simply by marrying a quality man and becoming a mother rather than by falling for the bullshit feminist imperative of chasing the fancy degree/high paying job in the big city. We all know how that story ends for too many women. This guy doesn't want his daughter to be one of them.

But then, the best way to meet a quality man to marry is probably to go to a top-tier, expensive school.

Nothing wrong with being willing to invest extra in your son. But a lot more than gender should really play into the decision. It's one thing to talk about generalizations in blogs and on webforums, it's quite another thing to apply those generalizations to individual people.

So what are you doing to ensure your daughter doesn't ride the [Image: carousel.gif] and settles down with a decent guy? A lot of girls take out their daddy issues on other mens cocks (and god bless them). Plenty of hots girls end up with losers too. Also hot at 17 does not mean hot at 27. Are you doing anything to help her cultivate a healthy lifestyle?

Good thoughtful responses here, thank you all.

Booshla especially thanks for mentioning the "hustler" ideas. Great feedback!

In regards to my daughter resenting me, well yes that can happen if I do this in a stupid, simplistic way that you guys seem to be imagining. Of course I'm not going to do that.

Anyway she is likely to resent me anyway, no matter what I do. It's the nature of girls to resent everybody, anyway. That's the key to this whole discussion.

My sisters both got high end degrees well supported by my parents, and they both hate my parents and refuse to even talk to them! No shit. It really is that bad. My parents were caught up in the Feminist bullshit of that era and pushed my sisters to get high end degrees, while allowing them to do all sorts of things (like shack up with any man they wanted).

Net result...my sisters hate my parents because "They didn't give us the emotional guidance we needed as young women". See the catch? My parents gave them lots of money but not enough boundaries and my sisters hate them. If they had given them a more strict life, and less money for college, they would still have hated them. So there is no winning.

With a son there IS a win that you CAN influence. There IS a difference between the sexes in this matter. Boys who don't get a lot of guidance end up bums, druggies, or in the army because they can't get their shit together. That is happening all over our world today.

Open your eyes guys. Boys are careening towards disaster *and they are going to take the rest of us with them*. How many angry, failed boys with semi automatic rifles, shooting innocent bystanders in a theater, does it take to create a police state that destroys all of our liberties? Not many folks.

What are the odds that girls will start picking up semi automatic rifles and klll people? zero. Not going to happen.

So, I submit to you all, that saying "treat them fairly" is a foolish strategy, and doomed to fail. Yes girls may resent but ultimately who cares. They aren't going to convert their resentment to killing people. Boys will.

It is for this reason that for thousands of years, smart parents like me have make the tough call, of favoring our sons over out daughters. We choose to do this even knowing that yes, our daughters might get a little cranky. Why...because the girl is going to get cranky no matter what. So trying to make her less cranky is something of a waste of effort. On the other hand, the boy won't get cranky...he will die, or kill. He will take all of society down with him.

You guys who are opposed to this plan might want to consider the consequences from more of a long term perspective. If and when you become fathers and are called on to lead your households successfully and wisely, these are exactly the kind of difficult no-win decisions you need to make. Letting a daughter's potential resentment control your decision, and cause you to risk your son's future...and the future of your family...is an act of foolishness and weakness in my view, exactly the kind of "equality" foolishness that is going to ultimately lead to collapse of our society.

Also I'd challenge you guys to apply your "Game" to these matters. You all brag about how you use your reverse psychology to "take women off the pedestal" for purposes of getting them into bed. Yet it seems to me that you're not applying that same understanding to the matter of raising sons vs. daughters. Just a thought.

Teach them both red pill.

A private school is necessarily better than a public school. Especially at twice the cost.

That seems completely backwards. If she's pretty, that's all the more reason to get her to an elite college and let her find a good husband.

Same with free time. Do you really want her to look for some other guy to fill that time?

Then again, I don't have kids so what do I know.

I've raised children as a professional so let me offer you some advice.

(Before I start, you should make sure you steer both of your children away from liberal arts/biology majors. Those majors are fucking trash and you'd be better off flipping burgers for four years because you'll still have less debt to deal with. Only send your kids to school for computer science/engineering related shit. ESPECIALLY for your daughter, because there is a shortage of women in those fields and they'll give her passing grades no matter how bad she is at math.)

First, your strategy of allocating more resources to the boy over the girl is a good one. Obviously, I trust that you will not let your daughter starve in the streets so even if you fund your son at a 2-to-1 ratio, your daughter will still be incomparably better off than most other girls.

However, it's not really a question of resources as much as a question of goals. The goal for your daughter should be to get married to a good man, instead of slutting it up at college. The goal for your son should be to find success, instead of dicking off in adolescent wasteland.

In order to do this, it's probably best if your daughter does not go to college. A lot of guys think college is a great way for girls to meet their future husbands.

Total, utter, and complete bullshit. Girls might have used college to find husbands back in the 1960's but not anymore. College girls today simply focus on their career while sport fucking bad boys. Finding a husband isn't a priority for them. If your daughter goes to college, she will get sucked into the hookup/career culture and piss away her youth on things that will not maximize her long term potential.

Now, I don't know how to convince your daughter to avoid college. If she's in the public school system, or even a private school system, she is being brainwashed into becoming a career whore as I type.

However, I can offer ideas. First, you need to convince your wife that finding a husband for your daughter is more important than getting a degree. If your wife supports you it will be much easier. Tell your wife that you think college corrupts American women. Show your wife the charts of delayed marriage and childbirth for all college educated women. She her declining population rates of white girls across the western world.

If your wife still isn't convinced by the statistical evidence, then I will PM you some pics of NICE girls I have picked up, same night bang style, and fucked raw dog in every orifice of their body. I will show you these pics so you can pass them to your wife and she can see how totally innocent, perfectly good girls, are COMPLETELY corrupted into the sex and the city lifestyle by a modern college.

Second, you should offer your daughter incentives. Tell her if she marries a good man, who is at least 5 years older than her with a good career and stable income, you'll pay a percentage of her college tuition based on how many children she has. I don't know how many grand kids you want so I'll leave this up to you, but one example is paying 1/3 of her education per child she has, so if she has 3 kids you'll give her a full boat.

Always sell your daughter the idea that older men are better for her, because older men/younger women are the best kinds of relationships. Men live on much longer timelines than women.

If your daughter objects that she won't be able to go to school and raise her kids, tell her that she'll be able to do part-time college and still raise her children fine. Most schools have part-time programs and even though she won't be able to complete college as fast as other girls, it doesn't really matter because speed isn't important for a woman.

Think about it - if she has kids in her twenties, her kids will be going to school in just ten years, at which point she'll be able to really get her career going in her thirties and forties. At this point her kids will be out of the house and she'll be able to completely become a career woman if she so chooses.

Third, there will be a challenge to finding her a good husband at a young age of 18-20. Because the norm of getting married has been pushed so far back, there are very few social avenues where your daughter can meet successful attractive men who are marriage minded. Talk to your wife about this and see if she has any ideas, my best guesses are religious communities, dance circles (believe it or not I see more relationship minded guys there than almost any other place), and large social events where successful bachelors might congregate (some kind of networking event, perhaps?). I would advise to stay away from online dating as it seems only lesser successful men make profiles online, and they probably won't be alpha enough for your daughter.

Another option, if you can't keep her out of college, is to send her to a science/math based school where the party options are extremely limited, yet not totally out in the middle of nowhere so she has a chance of meeting a good husband. Good examples of this are schools with strong technical credentials, such as Texas A&E.

Second, the best way to avoid resentment issues from your daughter while building up your son can be tricky so let me help you out. You will invest your time and resources more heavily into your son.

The money spent on your son will be easy to hide, there's no way for your daughter to find you're spending more money on her brother unless your wife says anything, and even then you should be able to keep it hidden from your wife.

So the only challenge will be how do you spend more time on your son without your daughter becoming jealous? Here's how. Whenever you do an activity with your son, invite your daughter along. And whenever you do an activity with your daughter, invite your son along.

Because your daughter is going through the "I'm too fucking cool for anyone phase" of her teenage years, although this is most likely a by-product of American school-system culture fucking her mind, she'll turn down your offers to hang. So then it will be just you and your son. You'll end up spending more time with your son because your daughter will exclude herself voluntarily.

IF, and this is an IF, your daughter complains she never spends enough time with you at some point in the future, you can just point out to her that she turns you down whenever you offer her to do an activity together.

She will then bitch that you never do things SHE WANTS to do, so you proceed to tell her "Why should we do what you want when you never do what we want?"

Follow it up with, "Who made you so important?" This will crush her ego a bit but it will be necessary to keep her from becoming a vain bitch. Remember, women who turn into vain bitches end up the worst wife material. Shut your daughter down and make her feel humble.

If your daughter does end up spending time with you and your son, then you can reward your daughter with doing some activities that she wants to do. Do it at a ratio of 2-1 or 3-1, so for every two or three times your daughter spends time with you and your son, you'll think of something to do with your daughter and be sure to invite your son along too.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.