rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Tricks to earning Bonus Miles

I wanted to make this thread as an aggregate source of tricks to earning bonus miles. I always seem to find out about them too late to get in on the free miles, and I'm sick and tired of that.

For example, several months ago, the US Treasury was selling $1 coins at face value with free shipping. Hundreds of customers purchased the coins on a credit card earning free miles, then deposited the coins in their bank and paid off their credit card bill. BOOM! Free miles!!! Link

Check out Flyer talk and fatwallet forums.

What the above poster said. The best ways to acrue miles are extensively covered at FlyerTalk in a better way than we can hope to cover here.

Last year I did the Southwest card that had $800 in free flights after spending something like $1,500 or $2,000. Well worth it for free flights within the United States.

Right now I am working on my Citi AAdvantage card, 40,000 free miles after spending $2,000 in 4 months. $787 more to go. Last year I redeemed 30,000 miles + $70 tax for a free trip to Peru.