rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

China is still the Great Unknown

It's amazing how little information there is on China, specifically on being a Western player in China. I know some guys on this forum have been there, and even live there...but I still don't feel I have a good idea of what to expect.

Being the world's largest country, of course, makes it like the proverbial elephant. One blind man grabs the tail and says it's like a rope, another grabs the leg and says it's like a tree, etc etc.

And to make matters worse, it's changing incredibly rapidly. Three-year-old information is ancient history.

I would really appreciate information from the perspective of those who have lived and actively gamed there. Anything you have to tell us is valuable.

Let's see if we can put the place into perspective compared to other places in Asia:

- SEA (Thai, Phil, Indon) - cheap and you can get laid like a rock star, quality of girls is variable

- Japan - expensive, language barrier, high quality girls and you can get laid fairly easily but nothing like the sheer numbers possible in SEA.

- Korea - lots of anti-Western racism, tough place, quality women but you will need good game.

- China ?????

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

its gonna be harder to pigenhole china. its got 22% of the worlds population on a land mass that is only eclipsed by russia and canada. any country that size is going to have a great deal of variance.

Game/red pill article links

"Chicks dig power, men dig beauty, eggs are expensive, sperm is cheap, men are expendable, women are perishable." - Heartiste

alot of people get stuck on the language. 95% of the people i met were not determined enough to learn... even those living in China.

I was there for a week. Language barrier is huge. In the beginning I tried approach a few cute girls. But it was really difficult cause none spoke English. In the southern parts the girls was not so hot, but I got approached a few times from girls who spoke little English.

The Chinese are rude people, but far better than their brothers in Hong Kong.

This is my one week 0.00001 experience of China. Still I am really curious to go back.

I know various dudes who spent a couple months on teaching gigs in China.
One of them is completely hopeless, I dont think he got any at all lol.

The others however were usually able to leverage their exotic status in to a harem of 2-5. Even one guy never realised had any game was usually rotating a student, a colleague from school and some club sluts...so it can be done if your visit is set up well concerning income, status, social circle, logistics etc...

Keep in mind these were all young (<25) , adventurous white guys, which seems to go really well with the chinese ladies [Image: banana.gif]

you need also A decenct job as this is highly looked at, if you are not after one night stands.
iwhile an indigenous Peruvian will not mind if you are peanutsas long as you are white. Chinese will generally look into your background especially in big cities.
i would be happy to produce a data sheet sometime.

I was once on a flight from Hong Kong to Nanjing which is a city of about 7 million people a few hours away from Shanghai. I distinctly remember some people on that flight video recording my friends and I as we boarded. One person asked my 6'2 blonde friend and I to pose for a picture. He'd probably never seen a brown or blonde person in the flesh before. It was basically rockstar treatment.

Even in Nanjing I found that the people who worked in whitecollar jobs downtown had pretty decent English despite not using it very often. It's obviously better in Shanghai and Beijing though. I stayed in Nanjing for over a month getting around on a bike and communicating in a mixture of really basic Mandarin and English. The locals were always really helpful and friendly.

If I were to stay in China again I'd go to Shanghai over Beijing. It's got a great subway system (Beijing has one too, but I remember it being not as reliable) and is much cleaner and less polluted than Beijing. Shanghai doesn't smell like piss on every single street corner like everywhere else I went in China. Plus if you get lonely there's a sizable Western expat community, particularly in the French Concession.

It's best to be at least conversational in Standard Chinese (a.k.a. Mandarin).

As a Westerner, you'll have fairly large "market" to exploit, as there is a sizable proportion of the female population with fetish for Westerners. However, don't be fooled into thinking it's pussy paradise, you'll still have to work for it, and there are also Chinese girls who aren't into Westerners. Either way, most Chinese -- male or female -- will find you interesting, especially in smaller cities, and you can use this to your advantage. Girls in tourist areas will commonly ask to have their picture taken with you.

As with many second world countries, smaller cities are probably better if you want to exploit the whole exotic capital. People in cities like Beijing are used to seeing foreigners everywhere, so of course, there will be fewer girls who act like: "OMG OMG look, a foreigner!"

Though I've only been to Northern China, I've dated and slept with girls from all over the country. That said, I'd say flaking is more the exception than the norm. The majority of girls who give you their number will at least agree to a date.

On the downside, there is a strong pressure among some "average" Chinese girls to put on this chaste, good-girl act, including not drinking alcohol and not smoking, ideally remaining a virgin until married, or at least not sleeping around. It should be mentioned, though, that this is a big generalization, and you can find quite a few girls who are into sport-fucking.

Another axiom you may want to fallow is this:

"if she smokes, she probably pokes."

Women smoking in public is usually considered a big no-no, so if she smokes in public, chances are she doesn't give a fuck about following strict social norms, including the whole chastity act.

Since Chinese is my major, I usually spoke Chinese with the girls I dated/banged, so I can't say with total accuracy how far you'll get with English, but chances are it won't be that far. Despite having English in school for about seven years, most can't speak it for shit.

For what it's worth, China was where I first started "gaming". Considering my then poor skills, I was able to bang eight girls in six months. The only real mistake I made was listening to the hype about how China was absolute paradise for guys, and how it was so easy you had to be deformed not to get laid like a king there. This is mostly BS. Although it's not hard, don't expect to be rolling in pussy the moment you step off of the airplane.

With some dedication, an average Westerner with decent game should do well there.

Basically for a short stay in China (i.e. weeks) you have to focus on girls who already speak some English, this means on-line pipelining, English corners, and places that foreigners go to. Language barrier should not be underestimated.

China is not SEA. It is still quite conservative, although it was fairly common to see young couples engage in PDA (although not excessive) on the subway (Beijing). In big cities your Western status means nothing, so don't expect them to go crazy for you. Most people will not even notice you, although you will get occasional stares.

Biggest challenge in China is the language barrier. I had a hell of time there.

Second I found is that China is grimy. No way around that.

Cities have open sewers all over, kids run around without diapers, and hygiene in restaurants is very much left to the sidelines. Buildings have layers of caked dirt, restaurants recycle their skewers as much as they can. I recall reading a study where the government basically had to weight the options of pushing for cleanliness or letting things the way they are. With their power, I have no doubt that they could have turned the country around in a decade. Think Japan clean.

However, after balancing the fact that its crowed, hot and people dont seek medical attention unless in their deathbeds (the perfect incubator for diseases), they decided to just let things the way they are. Imagine what kind of superbacteria and diseases we could end up with if they all turned into neat freaks. Really scary.

The women are more upfront than Jgirls, but they are more about the money, not as bad as N American girls, but you better be making it rain, or at least give good dickin'. A lot of it is saving 'face' so take that as you will. Morals can be questionable, as in everywhere. I was boning in Canada an engaged girl, that sweetly called her fiancee right after we finished. lllooolllzzzzz

So in China vs Japan, Id go to japan. Expensive, but clean.

I agree with this. We spend so much money exploring space yet still we don't know how to bang Chinese girls steady and efficiently. Something must break here.

I spent two months doing a zig-zagging tour of China in December 2010 and January 2011, all by train and bus. I saw an incredibly huge variance in the way I was received and physical appearance so I'll quickly recap the trip to provide some context.

I started in Beijing then worked my way southwest hitting some historic sites before landing in Xi'an. From Xi'an I went due east and made some tourist stops before Shanghai. From Shanghai I went south and made stops in some other large cities like Hangzhou and Wuhan before hitting Guangzhou, Shenzhen, and Hong Kong. After Hong Kong, I spent more than two weeks going overland through Guangxi and Guizhou provinces before reaching Kunming. I took a quick jaunt up to Chengdu and then did some exploring of some of the usual tourist destinations in Yunnan before heading into Laos.

I thought the best looking girls were in Xi'an, Chengdu, and Kunming. After having lived in Korea and spent time in Japan, I was impressed in those cities. Beijing women were hideous IMO and Shanghai is overrated. The other places all kind of fall in between but if I have to make an overarching assessment, I would say that Chinese people are not attractive.

In Xi'an, I went clubbing two nights and was getting approached by sets of 2 to 3 girls on the dance floor. I've never experienced that anywhere else. The quality was pretty good in the clubs I went to. It seemed like there were lots of Central Asian/Kazahk looking women out at night in the club district--very exotic looking. It was one of the easier places I've ever pulled from.

Sichuan has a reputation for quality women and that's what I saw in Chengdu. While I was only there for two days just to see the pandas, I saw lots of talent just on the street, shopping malls, and Walmart.
I'll definitely have to spend a little more time in Sichuan when I revisit China.

I'll tell the story of Kunming because I think it's the most representative of what China can still be for a Westerner...
Kunming has pretty good quality chicks and it's China's most liveable city in my opinion--better air quality and a nice sunny, mild climate.
Night one I stayed in the at Cloudland Hostel and gamed a Chinese chick from Qingdao that was traveling solo through Yunnan. I banged her in the bottom bunk that night, which led to some complaints from some old American broad in the room (dick move on my part, I know). My girl left the next day for Dali and I kind of got forced out of the hostel (oops).

After night one, I moved to a hotel and hit some clubs by Yunnan Normal University (the teacher's college) with an American guy from the hostel. Lots of talent and not only Han Chinese. Some of the Thai looking Dai minority girls were also in some of the clubs. We ended up running into some English girls from the hostel and went bar hopping with them for a few hours. I think just because we had three Western chicks, the bouncers and club promoters were inviting us in and setting us up with tables full of free beer---I'm talking like a table of 10 beers for free. This happened at three different bars so by the end of the first night I was pretty trashed and not in the mood to game.

Night two and three, I went back to the same district and pulled two chicks from the dance floor who spoke absolutely no English. I don't remember the name of the club but they were playing American hip-hop and had a black DJ who was married to a cute little Chinese chick. I talked to him the first night and we smoked a joint out in one of the alleys in the club district.

Anyway, one of the things I took away from it that no one has hit on yet is that if you don't speak Chinese sometimes you will just be completely ignored-- I got this a few times from taxi drivers and people working behind counters even though I would approach them with my guide book and the item I wanted written in Chinese characters. I was told this is just the Chinese way of saving face, and not admitting that they don't know something or can't help.

Although the travel infrastructure is improving, I would still say China is a tough place to travel outside of the major cities. 99.9% do not speak any English or will act like they don't to save face. Some of the road/routes are still underdeveloped. I got stuck in an ice storm for two days in rural Rongjiang, Guizhou and felt like a zoo animal when I was walking through the market trying to buy some dinner. At one point, everyone in my peripheral view, maybe 200 people, stopped whatever they were doing just to stare at me--it was a very strange feeling that I have never experienced anywhere else in Asia.

Also, I'll echo some of the concern about hygiene. The Chinese can be some filthy people. I think in the less developed areas, it's common for people to go a week without bathing. While riding on a bus in Central Beijing I got crammed in right next to an old migrant worker who was pulling out 2 of his few last teeth . The stench coming out of his mouth was like a dead opossum in mid-July--I almost threw up all over the other people on the bus who seemed to think nothing of it.

In one day in Shanghai (not one ride), I watched an old migrant woman shit on the subway, a mother let her two year old piss on the subway, and a young couple unzip flies and quietly get at it against the unused side's subway door. I was absolutely shocked.

So yeah, without getting to much further into it, China is a mysterious, bewildering place. It can't be explained, it just has to be experienced. It will make you think about things differently.

Do we have any forum members based in Beijing?

I'm planning on hitting Beijing soon. Waiting for the embassy in Costa Rica to return my passport with my Visa on it.

I plan on hitting on cities and start some networking for future business ideas I have.

I'm going to start a thread to share my experiences once I'm there. I hope to fill it with great content [Image: smile.gif]

What jdreise said! Nice write up.

China is...interesting. To say the least.

It can be filthy, completely disorganized, overwhelming at times.

It must be experienced however. You won't get many odd looks in Beijing and Shanghai, however even in a relatively first world city like Hangzhou was a bit ridiculous at times.

People staring, pointing. No English spoken.

I doubt I'd go back unless I had to, but I'm happy I went.

Their visas are a pain in the ass, expensive, and cannot be bought upon arrival. As a result you have few travelers on the SEA tour pop into China. As a result there is inherently less information regarding it in terms of the traveling experience as a 20-something.

Quote: (02-13-2013 01:08 PM)jdreise Wrote:  

99.9% do not speak any English or will act like they don't to save face.

This is why you should always start conversations in Mandarin. If they do speak a little English, compliment them on it and joke that their English is better than your Mandarin (even if it isn't), this usually makes them come out of their shell a bit.

If I were to go back and was looking for English speaking girls in the daytime, I'd go to a university campus. I lived next door to one of those hyper selective feeder schools for China's elite universities and crashed at one of the students places for a few days. All the students from there had conversational English.

As a rule of thumb, if they didn't go to university (which will the be the vast majority of the people), you're going to need to speak to them in Mandarin. The Chinese were quite impressed that I was speaking in Mandarin, as the expectation there is that the Chinese need to learn our language, not the other way around. You'll win a lot of respect if you make the effort to learn some.

america is technically larger than China in terms of landmass, unless you actually include Taiwan

Lots of information on here about China, some I agree with, some I don't, but everyone has different experiences. There was a data sheet about Hangzhou where I spent a deal of time and I disagree with huge amounts of it.

The best way I would describe China is similar to how Vietnam is described in the quiet american
"you learn a lot in the first few minutes, the rest has got to be lived"

Quote: (02-13-2013 05:41 PM)P Dog Wrote:  

Quote: (02-13-2013 01:08 PM)jdreise Wrote:  

99.9% do not speak any English or will act like they don't to save face.

This is why you should always start conversations in Mandarin. If they do speak a little English, compliment them on it and joke that their English is better than your Mandarin (even if it isn't), this usually makes them come out of their shell a bit.

If I were to go back and was looking for English speaking girls in the daytime, I'd go to a university campus. I lived next door to one of those hyper selective feeder schools for China's elite universities and crashed at one of the students places for a few days. All the students from there had conversational English.

As a rule of thumb, if they didn't go to university (which will the be the vast majority of the people), you're going to need to speak to them in Mandarin. The Chinese were quite impressed that I was speaking in Mandarin, as the expectation there is that the Chinese need to learn our language, not the other way around. You'll win a lot of respect if you make the effort to learn some.

^^^Very good points and I agree with going to university campuses to find English speakers.

I didn't clarify in my previous post... I always opened everyone with Mandarin but once it was obvious that my Mandarin was very limited sometimes I just got ignored. I never got a handle on the tones and, unlike the Thais, a lot of Chinese seemed to have no understanding that tones can be difficult for foreigners. Sometimes people were very happy that I was making an effort and would talk to me as if I was fluent.

If you're going to travel in the off-the-beaten-path parts of China, then it's almost impossible to do it well on solely English. You have to learn numbers, basic "Wh- word" questions, food words, please, thank you, etc.... Basic traveler's language.

I have a strange relationship with China. I hated Shanghai when I got there. Xi'an grew on me. Had one of the best meals of my life there. Barbecue right on the street.

Beijing was cool. Being all alone on the great wall was really special. Made some good friends there.

As my travel preferences have changed, I'd probably go to a second-tier city next time.

I live decently close to Beijing, but I'm at a hostel in Sanya using my ipad right now. I'll post some info here tomorrow night when I get home.

If you are going to impose your will on the world, you must have control over what you believe.

Data Sheet Minneapolis / Data Sheet St. Paul / Data Sheet Northern MN/BWCA / Data Sheet Duluth

Love reading all the quality posts from guys who have spent time in China. Learning all the time and China is indeed a fascinating place.

I didn't see any of the crazy stuff you guys talk about (guys taking a shit in public, couples fucking in public or any other gross things) while I was in GZ. I didn't even see much of the so much talked about habit of Chinese people spitting everywhere. At least in GZ and in the Tianhe area, I didn't see much of it.When I ventured into the more traditional, lower class areas of town, I did notice the stench of urine in the streets and more of the immigrant Chinese from another part of the country, but nothing gross or disgusting as it's being mentioned here.

I'm getting very curious about Kunming and Chengdu. I think what I would like to do before settling in GZ is to travel around this fascinating country for a month or two, preferably with a hot Chinese girl to be my guide and pillow dictionary.

I also felt the main challenge in China would be the language barrier as I experienced it myself. With even a little bit of Chinese, I believe a whole world opens up in front of you, not only girls-wise but also to get the most out of China and of the opportunities for work and biz. Gotta start once and for all my studying of Chinese...

i think theres a lot of misinformation on china here, but im hesitant to say something because everyone has different experiences, i dont like starting flame wars, and the last time i spoke up i got accusations of being dash under a new name. im more than happy to answer questions about chinese or china if anyone pms me

Quote: (02-14-2013 12:25 AM)clever alias Wrote:  

i think theres a lot of misinformation on china here, but im hesitant to say something because everyone has different experiences, i dont like starting flame wars, and the last time i spoke up i got accusations of being dash under a new name. im more than happy to answer questions about chinese or china if anyone pms me

Hey, I don't think people will accuse you of starting a flame war. If you have have a different perspective, please share it with us! Especially if you live in China, we're all ears.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

Clever alias,
By all means, go ahead man and tell us about your experiences. Of course, each of us being different with different backgrounds, values, morals, expectations, budgets, looks etc...will have different experiences than the next guy. So don't worry about flame wars, just ignore them. There are people in here who are more than looking forward to hearing as many accounts about China as possible.

confident beta game works. my opening and primary language is chinese, it sets you apart from the usual "oh this white guy is just here to find a girlfriend." also probably helps that im here on a student visa at a highly ranked school here (not beijing university). I only use English when it might help push a conversation along, chinese girls usually love to teach foreigners the language, so playing dumb sometimes helps. One night stands are fairly tough to pull. They usually like to be officially your girlfriend first.

you can find club rats that screw easy or you can find good girls. I don't think it's an act. They seriously have never been to a bar at 24 because they do math on weekends.

Money will get you far, depending on the club. There's a lot of clubs here that have fleets of luxury cars outside, and there are clubs that are fairly modest. I think gaming at a club is pointless because 1) the chinese get in the door and drink themselves to sleep or sick, usually by 1 am they are throwing up and passing out and 2) lots of girls at clubs are hookers, even if they don't seem like it.
I met most of my chinese girls through couchsurfing meetups or working as a free lance teacher, but mainly i stick to the other internationals in my dorm.

given how clean the shanghai subways are, i find it surprising that you saw someone pooping on the subway.Babies shitting into storm drains however, no longer surprises me