rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Senate passes Violence Against Women Act

The Senate easily passed its Violence Against Women Act reauthorization bill on Tuesday, officially punting the issue to the House, where Republican leaders still haven't signaled how they plan to proceed.

The bill authorizes $659 million over five years for VAWA programs. It also expands VAWA to include new protections for LGBT and Native American victims of domestic violence, to give more attention to sexual assault prevention and to help reduce a backlog in processing rape kits. Created in 1994, VAWA has helped to strengthen programs and services for victims of domestic violence, dating violence and stalking.

"Delay isn’t an option when three women are still killed by their husbands or boyfriends every day. Delay isn’t an option when countless women still live in fear of abuse, and when one in five have been victims of rape," Biden said in a statement. "This issue should be beyond debate -- the House should follow the Senate’s lead and pass the Violence Against Women Act right away."

Macro Rubio is catching heat for voting No...here's his statement from his site:

"Unfortunately, I could not support the final, entire legislation that contains new provisions that could have potentially adverse consequences. Specifically, this bill would mandate the diversion of a portion of funding from domestic violence programs to sexual assault programs, although there’s no evidence to suggest this shift will result in a greater number of convictions. These funding decisions should be left up to the state-based coalitions that understand local needs best, but instead this new legislation would put those decisions into the hands of distant Washington bureaucrats in the Department of Justice. Additionally, I have concerns regarding the conferring of criminal jurisdiction to some Indian tribal governments over all persons in Indian country, including non-Indians."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/12...69720.html

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

"put her in the taxi, put her number in the trash can"

Gentleman, may I present your nation's leaders and many tax dollars hard at work [Image: american.gif] In all seriousness though this is just a ploy to appeal to women, feminists, and homosexuals. What's ironic is the fact that despite women spewing nonstop bullshit about gender equality this new bill clearly discriminates against males. In case no one has noticed, violence and abuse is a two way street so suck on that.

House might vote it down again. The last one gave incentives in the form of green cards to illegal immigrants to cry rape. Rubio will soon be the victim of the harpies making him the poster boy of sexism for him having the gall to reasonably assert that the federal government does at shitty job at managing resources and can't provide local assistance.

You can't even get past the name of the legislation. It crushes this whole problematic "you should never hit a woman" myth into your face.

I wrote a thing on ROK about this bullshit.

[Image: rant.gif]

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

This kind of mindless leftist bullshit is another reason I'm thinking about moving out of here.

Watch House of Cards on Netflix and it all makes sense.

I don't feel as though this legislation is leftist-centric at all, but bipartisan. It's the republicans who tout Christian family values after all

Quote: (02-12-2013 06:40 PM)presidentcarter Wrote:  

"Delay isn’t an option when three women are still killed by their husbands or boyfriends every day. Delay isn’t an option when countless women still live in fear of abuse, and when one in five have been victims of rape," Biden said in a statement.
3 women killed every day? 1 in 5 are victims of rape? I don't believe those statistics. Some women obviously don't want to be helped if they're sticking around a guy who's hitting on them. That shit wouldn't change even if you put 100 billion dollars into the program.

Are we paying for tranny abuse relationships yet? [Image: facepalm.png]

That 700 million dollars pile of gubbmint cheese is going to make a lot of women's studies majors' monthly student loan payments.

Quote: (02-13-2013 02:57 AM)houston Wrote:  

Quote: (02-12-2013 06:40 PM)presidentcarter Wrote:  

"Delay isn’t an option when three women are still killed by their husbands or boyfriends every day. Delay isn’t an option when countless women still live in fear of abuse, and when one in five have been victims of rape," Biden said in a statement.
3 women killed every day? 1 in 5 are victims of rape? I don't believe those statistics. Some women obviously don't want to be helped if they're sticking around a guy who's hitting on them. That shit wouldn't change even if you put 100 billion dollars into the program.

Are we paying for tranny abuse relationships yet? [Image: facepalm.png]

Wait a second. If they are aiming to include the LGBT community how will they decide who is the woman if it's gay-on-gay?

Will they have ID's that proclaims one as the pitcher and one as the catcher?

I'm all for preventing and harshly punishing violence, as long as great care is taken to punish every perpetrator regardless of gender and to ensure that there are no innocent victims.

Of course, VAWA is the exact opposite of those two criteria, so I despise it.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Marco Rubio is obviously a rapist. Why else would he support domestic violence and rape? If you don't vote yes then you ARE supporting rape!

Those stats just make me cringe, you must be able to start lawsuits against politicians and activists who get laws passed using fake statistics.

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos