rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Start from Scratch

Start from Scratch

Hi guys,

I’m new to the forum. I live and work in Washington, DC. I am originally from NYC. I am here because I’m trying to get back where I used to be. By that, I mean that I was once very successful with women (in high school). But now it seems like I have lost my game.

The journey to my demise started on the first day of college. Some upstate New York chick sitting on my left was trying to spark a conversation with me during the welcome speech. While I did find her cute, I was not attracted to her. On the other hand, I was into the girl sitting to her left. I met her at orientation and even danced with her. It turned out that the two were roommates. I stopped pursuing the one I liked after catching her in bed with some random dude. In the meantime, the one who liked me always found an excuse to come inside my dorm room. Long story short. I banged her in the first week of classes and kept banging her for four straight years. Yup, we embarked on a four-year long relationship. From freshmen year to senior year! The last two years of the relationship was long-distance though. I transferred to a different school about five hours away by car.

The relationship fell apart when I started applying to grad school. I eventually got accepted by a school in FL. The summer after graduation, I went overseas on vacation and while I was away, she started talking to someone. Since we both had each other’s Facebook passwords, I was able to catch a conversation between her and her new lover. When I questioned her about it, she denied everything and then changed her password shortly after. At that point, I knew there was no point of return. My return flight to the states was hell. I couldn’t eat nor drink. I was extremely depressed. And when I got home, I called her to try to work things out. But she ended up dumping over the phone. I tried to reach out to her family but that was useless. The next day I flew to FL to start grad school. When I was waiting to board my flight, I stroke a conversation with a random Southern girl, telling her that my girlfriend had dumped me the night before and that I was on my way to FL for grad school. She tried to comfort me by saying that my ex probably did me a favor by ending the relationship because FL is full of beautiful women.

She had a point and as soon as I landed in the Sunshine State, I saw how stunning the girls were. I had never seen such hotties my entire life. Anyway, I was determined to bounce back from the break-up. But before I could do that, I had to recover. The road to recovery was slow and painful. And calling my ex all the time surely didn’t help. My ex cried every time I called her. It was really confusing. So one day I begged her to tell me the truth because it didn’t make any sense for her to cry. After all, she’s the one who dumped me. She finally revealed to me that she cheated on me when I was on vacation overseas. Her main excuse is that she was drunk. Oh man, that revelation pretty much put salt on my wounds. A few days later, I had one final conversation with her. It was the last time we spoke to each other. I deleted her phone number, as well as her relatives’ phone numbers. Then, I removed her and her entire family from my Facebook friends’ list. On top of that, I blocked her on Facebook. I can’t even count the number of sleepless nights I had in my first two months of grad school. Not to mention that I had lost of lot of weight.

I started feeling better towards the middle of the semester and went to as many parties as possible. I met a lot of girls but it’s almost as if they knew I was still hurt from my previous relationship. I guess it’s because I kept talking about my ex. I got tons of phone numbers but it never led to anything. Most students in FL had a car to get around with. So a friend I randomly met at the on-campus health center taught me how to drive. I thought my chances to date would be better if I had my own car. I had a lot of money saved up, so buying a car wasn’t the issue. I just needed a driver’s license. When I finally got my license and bought a car, I stepped up my pursuit of FL chicks. But nothing really changed. I still couldn't get with girls. And it’s not like I was driving a cheap Honda Accord. I was actually driving a luxury car with leather seats. It was definitely was one of the nicest cars on campus. I guess it didn’t mean anything because it did not get me laid.

After a disappointing first year in FL, I decided to run away from my problems. I went to study abroad in the UK for a semester. My experience there was not much better. I got laid only two times during my semester abroad; once with a Eastern European chick I met through a cousin and once with some chick I had been skyping with for a while. Both sexual encounters took place in Paris, not in the UK. The Eastern European chick would later tell me that she was shocked that I was single because I was such a cool guy and I was very good in bed. (In the back of my mind, I was like…oh well, I guess the girls who reject me don’t know what they’re missing out on).

I went back to FL to finish grad school and left without a medal. Yup! I didn’t get laid with a single chick there. And it’s not like I didn’t try. I ended up moving back up north and settled in the nation’s capital. And here in DC, it has not been easy. I did sleep with one chick but she was not one I truly desired. After screwing her twice, I still felt like there was something missing. I tried almost everything, even speed dating and co-ed sports...to no avail. I finally deblocked my ex from Facebook this past December and I can now look at her pictures without feeling sick to my stomach. For the past three years, my mom has been asking me if I met a girl. She’s always been used to seeing me with a girlfriend and doesn’t understand why I haven’t been able to get into another relationship.

Let me tell you guys some things about myself. I don't have a six pack like Christian Bale or the perfect facial features of Armie Hammer. But that's ok. I've always been comfortable with my looks. The chicks who reject me usually end up dating guys who look far less better than me anyway. That's something that clearly bothers me. As far as personality goes, I think I’m a pretty chill guy. I have good social skills, can make friends easily and I have a great sense of humor. I’m also a sharp dresser. Not to brag or anything but in most settings, I always happen to be the best dressed guy. And I constantly get compliments from girls and guys alike for my fashion sense.

My career in DC is taking off and I am meeting gorgeous women everywhere. I’m talking about women who know where they’re going in life. They have the looks and the brains. Many of these chicks also happen to be single, mostly because the pool of available straight men is quite small in DC. So if there is a place where I must end my ridiculous losing streak, it's DC. I easily flirt with women at work, events, parties and happy hour. I have no problems getting numbers or setting up one or two dates. But I constantly struggle with maintaining momentum and sealing the deal on time. Maybe I just need to stop being the nice guy and start being a little more daring. Even when women initiate the courtship, I find a way to fuck it all up.

Sorry for the long essay but I had to let it out. Not because I want you guys to feel bad for me. I just wanted to share my story.

P.S.: I have a date on Friday. Let’s see where it goes.

Start from Scratch

I feel you dude I've been there. When I was in college I had a girlfriend for a couple months and fell in love with her hard... We were on and off again for a year and it took me many months of crying to get over her and just years now later I'm over her. The one thing that helped me pick up girls was after my girlfriend broke up with me I went from 180-210 lbs muscle. Use failure as a springboard to get better with women. The one that that always got me laid was working out, having a nice body. If you workout I would definitely say it will help you sleep with women. Simply put, the more you work out the more women will want to be with you. When you work out you swear out all the toxins in your body and your pheromones go into overdrive. Women can smell a mans pheromones (unconsciously) from 20 ft away. This means that before you walk up she can smell if your a good match for her (I.e. you are healthy and have been working out).

Just my two cents... Good luck mate don't quit and start lifting hard!

Start from Scratch

How much are u into game? Read rooshs blog posts which are painfully honest. If u havnt read bang then do so. Many guys have a past like yours, i do. You're in the right place. Also you were in a ltr for 4 years dont be so quick to get into another one, you had that meal now u gotta work for the next one.

Start from Scratch

Quote: (02-12-2013 01:14 AM)Arcais Wrote:  

I feel you dude I've been there. When I was in college I had a girlfriend for a couple months and fell in love with her hard... We were on and off again for a year and it took me many months of crying to get over her and just years now later I'm over her. The one thing that helped me pick up girls was after my girlfriend broke up with me I went from 180-210 lbs muscle. Use failure as a springboard to get better with women. The one that that always got me laid was working out, having a nice body. If you workout I would definitely say it will help you sleep with women. Simply put, the more you work out the more women will want to be with you. When you work out you swear out all the toxins in your body and your pheromones go into overdrive. Women can smell a mans pheromones (unconsciously) from 20 ft away. This means that before you walk up she can smell if your a good match for her (I.e. you are healthy and have been working out).

Just my two cents... Good luck mate don't quit and start lifting hard!

Working out is definitely part of my plan. Going to gym in Florida could have made a difference. In the year and a half I lived there, I never took advantage of the gym that was in my apartment complex. I have a problem motivating myself to work out. It's easier for me to go to the gym with a friend so I don't get bored.

Now I understand that I must take it seriously. I'm definitely going to sign up for a gym membership soon. I will keep you posted bro. Thanks for the support !

Start from Scratch

Quote: (02-12-2013 07:03 AM)Ruxman Wrote:  

How much are u into game? Read rooshs blog posts which are painfully honest. If u havnt read bang then do so. Many guys have a past like yours, i do. You're in the right place. Also you were in a ltr for 4 years dont be so quick to get into another one, you had that meal now u gotta work for the next one.

I only recently discovered Roosh's blog posts. I have to admit that I'm impressed with the content. I'm also going to buy Bang this weekend. As for waiting before getting into another relationship, you have a point. But at the same time, I have not been in a relationship for three years now. Don't you think it's a long time to be single ?

One sure thing is that I would like to bang as many women as possible before settling down.

Start from Scratch

Quote: (02-12-2013 11:29 PM)TheGreatLion Wrote:  

Quote: (02-12-2013 07:03 AM)Ruxman Wrote:  

I only recently discovered Roosh's blog posts. I have to admit that I'm impressed with the content. I'm also going to buy Bang this weekend. As for waiting before getting into another relationship, you have a point. But at the same time, I have not been in a relationship for three years now. Don't you think it's a long time to be single ?

One sure thing is that I would like to bang as many women as possible before settling down.

The length of how long you're single is subjective, I can't answer that. but you were single for three years without actively being into game, if I were you I'd read bang, do what Roosh illustrates meet girls get some notches and then see how you feel.