rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

11th Ranked Male Model In The World Quits Modeling, Decides To Go Play Football
1th Ranked Male Model In The World Quits Modeling, Decides To Go Play Football
[Image: IMG_6129.JPG]

Quote:Quote:

Myles Crosby, who made 108 tackles as a senior for Heritage (Colleyville, Texas), sure does love football.

The 6-foot-3, 205-pound safety signed Wednesday to play football next fall for Southern Methodist University. Meanwhile, he gave up what could potentially be a $100,000 yearly income from being one of the premier male models in the world, according to a story in the Dallas Morning News.

[Image: da632186-5471-e211-a211-002655e6c126_original.jpg]

He has already posed in Calvin Klein ads for jeans, underwear and the Euphoria fragrance. He has also posed for such well-known magazines as Esquire, GQ and Vanity Fair. At age 18, he is already the 11th-ranked male model in the world, according to Models.com.

"I'm told I'm so stupid by every single person," the teenager said. "That every single person in my shoes should drop out of school now and go make the money."

Crosby, who once passed up a fashion show in Milan, Italy to play in a football game, can either thank (or blame) his mother, Vera, who is a professional photographer, for her keen eye which encouraged her to send his picture to the Kim Dawson Agency in Dallas.

Crosby knew nothing about it. When he found out, he was furious and told his mother he just wanted to focus on his football career.

Finally men's director Gerald Frankowski convinced him to sign up, and he has been a rising star since his junior year when he was pictured on the cover of FD Luxe for Nov. 2011. Calvin Klein then came calling and his career skyrocketed.

"With him, it was his cheekbones, his jawlines, his lips and his eyes. He is the total package," said Frankowski.

[Image: 100124-500w.jpg]

Somewhat mystified by his overnight success, Crosby said, "I was just a normal football-playing jock kid and literally, miraculously we got a call from New York. The modeling thing happened so randomly. I'm just trying to make as much as I can before college. Football is going to be my job when I'm there."

Crosby has been able to manage his career as a male model because of the tough mental attitude he developed from years on the football field.

[Image: CF7DEE7D767112742A7138CB7DA944_h316_w628...EFhedz.jpg]

Crosby, who once made 18 tackles in a game during which he suffered extreme pain from damaged nerves in his neck, said with a laugh, "The stereotypical model is a lot softer than I am."

He plans to major in film at SMU and may want to become a director following graduation. Even so, it will be hard to keep him off the runway when the demand is so high.

The kid could have made plenty of money, but chose to follow his passion instead and now walks into a golden opportunity to basically live a dream life for 4-5 years.

He's going to have his pick at SMU, which from what I hear is not a school short on pretty (and often affluent) girls. I'm not sure if it is possible to be more well pre-selected than he is right now (has some fame due to viral story, is D1 athlete, is a model, etc). He's got plenty of interesting stories to tell, will come with plenty of status the minute he steps on campus and also probably has made some decent money already.

The man will slay if he so chooses.

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.
He could always do the modeling then come back for a college degree (though it would be unlikely he would play football then). $100K plus access to a ton of hot models while traveling the globe sounds awesome.
lucky bastard. nah, he seems like a cool kid. he's turning down a lot of money. what does being the 11th ranked model even mean? i wonder how they rank models.
Even if he fails at being a football player, unless he busts himself up badly, he'll probably be able to walk back into the modelling industry after he's finished. That kid's got just about everything working in his favour
It seems like you should take the money for at least two years... I think he could still play football at that point.
Wtf did high school football uniforms get so pimped out? Jeez mine looked like shot compared to those beauty's
Football >> Modelling.

His window on Football is shorter if it does not pan out he can always model after.

D1 Football star + Global Model?

or

Global Model?
A status to bang them all.

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.
Damn, the 11th ranked male model only makes "what could potentially be a $100,000 yearly income"? That's definitely not bad but some of the more well-known female models are straight paid and it's nothing for them to find some rich guy to take care of them.
He's a man. He wants to follow his passion, and hopefully make money. Using his physicality instead of his looks. Props.

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine
There is no substitute for playing ball. Nothing is more alpha. Nothing compares to being able to fully express your masculine energy without apology. And, being rewarded for it, rewarded with fame, pussy, and money.

Watching sports, playing video games, fantasy football, gambling, etc. are all just substitutes for the real thing.

Tough decision for this guy but I understand his primal urge to compete against other men in game of strength, speed, power, athleticism, and skill.

Pussy is nothing compared to the thrill of playing ball in front of thousands of fans.

playing ball > pussy. playing ball creates pussy.

Playing ball is one of the last modern expressions of alpha.
Quote: (02-11-2013 03:48 AM)MikeinMKE Wrote:  

Wtf did high school football uniforms get so pimped out? Jeez mine looked like shot compared to those beauty's

Texas is football crazy. Big stadiums and big weight rooms even in high school.

IIRC Texas is the number one state for D1 college recruits.
Quote: (02-11-2013 12:17 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

There is no substitute for playing ball. Nothing is more alpha. Nothing compares to being able to fully express your masculine energy without apology. And, being rewarded for it, rewarded with fame, pussy, and money.

Watching sports, playing video games, fantasy football, gambling, etc. are all just substitutes for the real thing.

Tough decision for this guy but I understand his primal urge to compete against other men in game of strength, speed, power, athleticism, and skill.

Pussy is nothing compared to the thrill of playing ball in front of thousands of fans.

playing ball > pussy. playing ball creates pussy.

Playing ball is one of the last modern expressions of alpha.
Money>playing ball> pussy

He could probably make close to half a mil from modeling by the time he is retired. He will certainly get pussy either way, but I think modeling would be higher quality
Quote: (02-11-2013 03:22 AM)Athlone McGinnis Wrote:  

chose to follow his passion instead and now walks into a golden opportunity to basically live a dream life for 4-5 years.

Why did you quit playing???
Quote: (02-11-2013 12:29 PM)jammer Wrote:  

Money>playing ball> pussy

Generally speaking, I agree, Money is #1.

But, in this case, I have to say...

Playing ball transcends money. All the money in the world can not buy you the experience of playing college football. Some things can't be bought.

Rich men can travel, buy women, buy homes, cars, buy drugs, etc. But you can't buy the free safety position at Southern Methodist University. It's a thrill that few things can compare too.

To be a star football player in Texas is, well, priceless.
Is it just me or does he look very thin for a 25+ BMI?

Would he have to bulk up to play ball? Wonder if that would hurt his modeling prospects later.
This guy would get plenty even if he didn't walk onto campus already a model. Just suiting up and playing a little on the football team would get him cute girls, but combine that with the story about him "giving up" a modeling career to do some alpha football shit gives him TONS of cred. Don't let this guy actually be a star on the gridiron - he'll have DUDES wanting to suck his dick, let alone cute co-eds. If he doesn't end up being a pro prospect, he'll still be able to return to modeling as long as he doesn't bust that face up. In fact, he can get gigs while he's still in school (but they'd better run it past the idiots at the NCAA first).

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."
The competition in football is generally not as thick either when you think about it. Compared to soccer where you have lean dudes with low body fat, in football you get a lot of guys who won't win the looks contest due to having to put on lots of bulk and this guy is pretty much going to be a diamond on the whole team. Guy could sit on the bench and get a lot more than the starters.
He is blessed. He will kill it no matter what he decides.
Respect

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin
He will have a magnificent life, no doubt. I just hope he doesn't later go around spreading bullshit about how he gets lots of women by "just being himself" and "being a gentleman" or something.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before
Quote: (02-11-2013 12:30 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

Quote: (02-11-2013 03:22 AM)Athlone McGinnis Wrote:  

chose to follow his passion instead and now walks into a golden opportunity to basically live a dream life for 4-5 years.

Why did you quit playing???

I didn't have the same choice.

He'll be playing at a BCS school with regular national TV airtime and a mass of football crazy people, many of whom are pretty girls.

You don't get these things in the Ivy League. The lower upside makes leaving it all behind much easier.

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.
Quote: (02-11-2013 01:25 PM)basilransom Wrote:  

Is it just me or does he look very thin for a 25+ BMI?

Would he have to bulk up to play ball? Wonder if that would hurt his modeling prospects later.

He will definitely be bulking. Expect him to add anywhere from 10-20lbs in the next couple of years. 6'3", 205lbs is lean for a safety at that level. 6'3" 220 or 225lbs would allow him to play a little linebacker from time to time. The coaches probably recruited him with bulking in mind. Most of them think that way, and D1 strength and conditioning programs are all about making you bigger.

He won the genetic lottery. He might as well get an education (which I assume is free), enjoy the experience of playing and being an undergrad and then he'll still only be 22 and he'll still have all the options provided by model good looks. It is hard to lose when you're dealt this hand.
Play ball young man! Leave looking pretty to the women. Think about it, up until now we knew more about some 34 year old that looked like he was 16 because he made out with a hot ass bitch.

10/14/15: The day I learned that convicted terrorists are treated with more human dignity than veterans.