rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Fisto Invades SEA (Starting in BKK)

Gentlemen,

I am traveling to Thailand here withing probably the next 7 days. I have gamed a girl (and paid her) that works for American Airlines to put me down as her "registered companion".

I can fly anywhere in the U.S. domestically for free and if I upgrade to first class, I only have to pay the tax on it. Internationally I just have to pay the tax on my seat.

In preparation I have been on thaifriendly.com and have pipelined about 10 very hot girls that are all very keen to meet me.

I have two double entry visas of 60 days apiece.

Unlike my trip to the DR my bankroll will be much more modest. I have about 4k in reserve and passive income of 1300 (not counting a few automatic expenses totalling around 160)

I have been in contact with Rionomad, who believes I can make a few extra bucks teaching in some MMA gyms, and I may try and bring some apple products to offset initial costs.

My goals are also different. Where the DR was a sprint, I am viewing this trip as a marathon. I still want to bang as much as possible but I would like to see and do what there is to see and do also.

I have read through most of the Thailand challenge and a few other Thailand threads.

As soon as I have travel dates I'm going to get on Agoda.com and lock down a place to stay for a few days while I find an apt. I want to make it until July if I can when I plan to return to the states (I'll hit other SEA countries after my visas run out).

If you guys could give me tips on getting from the airport to my hotel and any other little tricks you've picked up I'd appreciate it.

Thankyou in advance my RVF brothers.

Oh and of course, expect naked photos of vanquished women.

Fisto

PS

I'm staying near 50 Soi Sukhumvit near Onnut BTS

Quote: (02-06-2013 02:25 PM)Fisto Wrote:  

Gentlemen,

I am traveling to Thailand here withing probably the next 7 days. I have gamed a girl (and paid her) that works for American Airlines to put me down as her "registered companion".
I can fly anywhere in the U.S. domestically for free and if I upgrade to first class, I only have to pay the tax on it. Internationally I just have to pay the tax on my seat.

Fisto I envy you for bolded part above, You son of a Gun........ will be looking forward to your Shenanigans in Thailand.

Happy Hunting .........

"You can not fake good kids" - Mike Pence

Quote: (02-06-2013 03:13 PM)Lothario Wrote:  

Gentlemen,

Fisto I envy you for bolded part above, You son of a Gun........ will be looking forward to your Shenanigans in Thailand.

Happy Hunting .........

Well so she says, she may just take my money and tell me to fuck off. haha

I have been in contact with Rionomad, who believes I can make a few extra bucks teaching in some MMA gyms, and I may try and bring some apple products to offset initial costs.

How much money can you make with Apple products in Thailand? When i compare the prices, I don't get the feeling there is much money to make.

Can you give me an example?

Mannbibel - Meistgelesener Artikel: Dominiere deine Freundin im Bett
Die Rückkehr der Männlichkeit - a german blog written by Ray

@Fisto

When you arrive at the BKK airport hit up an ATM and get some Baht. When you exit customs to the main hall just head to the Taxi line. This is the official taxi line where a lady at a podium will give you a receipt ticket and write down the destination in Thai for the taxi driver. There is a phone number on the receipt in case of any problems and you will see little cameras will take pictures of you and the driver while you are in line. Just make sure that the taxi driver turns on his meter soon after you take off.

Their is the option of taking the skytrain but it is not worth it. On Nut bts is not near the skytrain stop that connects with the airport. Skytrain airport connection does not connect with the on nut bts stop.

You will be charged the taxi meter PLUS 50 baht airport service fee. To onnut BTS it should cost around 200-300 (depending on traffic) for the meter plus the 50 baht fee.

If you are serious about saving money Chiang Mai is considerably cheaper than BKK. If money runs low just head to Chiang Mai where it is much easier to live on $1,000 a month compared with BKK.

Look forward to hearing about your adventures!

Sweeet. I love these adventure threads!

Direct Danger, thanks for the tips man. It's info like that which makes things less stressful.

I'm expecting a decent tax return so I should be good to keep bkk as a base of operations.

I'm also going to look at THC, scotian, and 20Nation's threads.

If anyone else is going to be around during that time let me know.

Fisto,

When arriving at Suvarnabhumi airport and before you head for the taxis you should go to the 1st floor where all the car rental agencies are. There are also several teleoperators located there where you can buy a pre-paid SIM (which can also be refilled). They have a 'Happy' subscription that caps at 200 baht/day but allows unlimited calls/data after you've reached that amount. Depending on how long you're staying you might just want to splurge with an unlimited subscription. Any way you cut it it's far cheaper than any US subscription.

Your phone is going to be your most important tool for securing bangs that aren't from same night pickups. Thai girls are lousy at showing up on time and have no sense of direction and thus might need to be coached to find the right place. It's imperative that you can be reached at all times in light of this if you want to guarantee those online or 2nd dates.

Yeah chasing phone minutes sucks balls. Hook it up all the way Fisto and get some wi-fi that's secure if you know what I mean.

O'brian - I just went on craigslist and compared what phones are going for here vs there.

Vicious- Good call (pun intended). I'll definitely do that. I'm expecting to meet up with this cute ass little girl as soon as I get settled into my hotel. I'm telling them all I'm arriving different days so they think they are seeing me right when I get there.

Mechanico - no one better steal my Wifi. I'm not as forgiving as Ali.

Quote: (02-06-2013 04:38 PM)DirectDanger Wrote:  

@Fisto

When you arrive at the BKK airport hit up an ATM and get some Baht. When you exit customs to the main hall just head to the Taxi line. This is the official taxi line where a lady at a podium will give you a receipt ticket and write down the destination in Thai for the taxi driver. There is a phone number on the receipt in case of any problems and you will see little cameras will take pictures of you and the driver while you are in line. Just make sure that the taxi driver turns on his meter soon after you take off.

Their is the option of taking the skytrain but it is not worth it. On Nut bts is not near the skytrain stop that connects with the airport. Skytrain airport connection does not connect with the on nut bts stop.

You will be charged the taxi meter PLUS 50 baht airport service fee. To onnut BTS it should cost around 200-300 (depending on traffic) for the meter plus the 50 baht fee.

If you are serious about saving money Chiang Mai is considerably cheaper than BKK. If money runs low just head to Chiang Mai where it is much easier to live on $1,000 a month compared with BKK.

Look forward to hearing about your adventures!

I waited in that line and the taxi driver still didn't turn on his meter! haha Make sure you force him to do it. I got in at 2 am in the morning and he charged me 400 baht to drop me off near Sukhumvit. Still not very much money in the grand scheme of things but I think it should have been around 200 baht.

Quote: (02-06-2013 06:42 PM)Fisto Wrote:  

O'brian - I just went on craigslist and compared what phones are going for here vs there.

Vicious- Good call (pun intended). I'll definitely do that. I'm expecting to meet up with this cute ass little girl as soon as I get settled into my hotel. I'm telling them all I'm arriving different days so they think they are seeing me right when I get there.

Mechanico - no one better steal my Wifi. I'm not as forgiving as Ali.

It's because I unintentionally signed up for the walking wifi plan. Make sure you take a cheap unlocked throwaway phone. You guys know how iphones work when you land.

Fisto, how long are you staying? Are you going to be there solo?
Good luck over there--I hope to see some good pics like in DR.

Quote: (02-06-2013 07:39 PM)sucio44 Wrote:  

Fisto, how long are you staying? Are you going to be there solo?
Good luck over there--I hope to see some good pics like in DR.

I'm planning on staying out as long as July but as early as only 2 months.

I don't have anybody there but the forum and some second hand contacts from guys I used to train with.

I've already gotten some great pics from the girls in the pipeline. Some of them really look like stunners so far.

Awesome Fisto, it sounds like a fun adventure.

I don't mean to be a nosy son of a bitch but I'm curious about your passive income. What is your source? Rentals? You don't need to answer if you don't want.

Good luck in BKK, I"M sure you'll like it there. THC is flying there in a few days, on the 12th I think so be sure to look him up as he is the ultimate wing man and can show you the ropes, I'll be back over the in late April, so hopefully we can meet up then.

GL man you will love SEA. First of all a good rule while traveling in SEA is to never get in a taxi when they don't do the meter. They will screw you if you dont make them do meter. Another rule is when haggling prices say a price about 1/4th the price while in Thailand and Cambodia, because they will try to screw you that much. The price where they make a profit is usually 1/3rd of what they will offer u originally.

Also I completely disagree with not taking the skytrain. You will spend like $1.50 US to get to your hotel if you take skytrain, compared to a taxi where you will spend almost 10x that. Just book a hotel along the bts, which you should do anyway because traffic is a bitch in BKK. You just get off at the end of the sky train and ask the people where to go to get to BTS on nut. They will speak good enough english to make it easy on you. As you know I'm a budget traveler so I would never pay 10x the price just for ease of mind, but it's up to you.

I'm going home in a week so make sure to post in detail about your trip. Looking forward to reading about it.

Get a luggage w/a built in lock so you can throw your valuables inside. I wouldn't leave valuables laying out especially w/girls over.

Dont drink from mixed drinks randomly. Pour from the bottle yourself, watch your drink. Not specific to SE Asia, but I have been roofied once or twice.

Yea def. get a data plan for your smartphone. I got True (company). Apparently AIG is slightly better but more expensive. For bangkok, this is almost irrelevant.
This way you can GPS your taxi-rides. Search where shit is. Etc etc. Prevent scamming/ease logistics. Google translate never hurts...

Carry cash in multiple pockets/areas. I put 1k baht under my phone case as emergency/ bribe money. I put 1k baht behind my ID card. Always carried 4k baht minimum on me. Leave the credit cards in your room (Asia is a cash society). Carry a photo-copy of your passport (technically you should have your passport on you at all times, but I wouldn't esp w/heavy drinking. Photocopy (and possibly, if he hassles you -a 100 baht bribe) will swing it everytime).

7-11 is going to be your 2nd home. Trust me. Anytime you need anything- nail clippers, razors, condoms, lube, gum, alcohol, cigarretes, milk (milk close??? =) ). Plus its nice and air-conditioned in humid heat. Sometimes I would step into 7-11 just to have air-con and decompress. Plus your chance of getting scammed there is cut drastically. My favorite store in Asia...

I would bring some nice bottles of alcohol...Grey goose, cognac VSOP. Its nice to have, and prices are double the states.

Oh and bring a bluetooth small speakers. It never hurts to have music...

Expect to spend about 500/month on accomodations. I spent about 200-300/week personal expenses living very very freely. If you date hi-so girls and have pricey dinners, this might be different (aka my 1k baht glass of wine, lol).

WIA- For most of men, our time being masters of our own fate, kings in our own castles is short. Even those of us in the game will eventually succumb to ease of servitude rather than deal with the malaise of solitude

Btw fisto, im officially jealous of the free-time you have! =)

WIA- For most of men, our time being masters of our own fate, kings in our own castles is short. Even those of us in the game will eventually succumb to ease of servitude rather than deal with the malaise of solitude

Scotian - Thanks mate. Hopefully I'll be set up by the time you make it back

20Nation - PM me some good places to stay if you get a moment. You and THC have me motivated.

DVY - Great tips man. I'm going to see what's up with that milk close.

Lookin forward to it man. Ill drop some more advice later. Girl is takin me shopping now, tryin to convince me to let her spend 9,000 baht on some Paul Smith shorts and sandals (who the fuck is Paul Smith?) for me to wear at Koh Samet this weekend. Takin me to some fancy ass resort that her friend owns and as usual, paying for everything for my broke white ass. /endbragging.

You whore. I don't even want to hear it.

Rionomad being a gold-digger. hehehe. =)!!!! Gender roles are swapped in thailand, i suppose.

Oh, Fisto. Dont rawdog in SEA. I wouldnt even think about it.

Bring American condoms. Thai condoms, according to many sources, suck balls. I brought 50 for a 3 week trip (Had about 10 left).

Quote: (02-07-2013 01:06 AM)DVY Wrote:  

Rionomad being a gold-digger. hehehe. =)!!!! Gender roles are swapped in thailand, i suppose.

Oh, Fisto. Dont rawdog in SEA. I wouldnt even think about it.

Bring American condoms. Thai condoms, according to many sources, suck balls. I brought 50 for a 3 week trip (Had about 10 left).

Yeah...I was wondering about that....dammit.

BTW every place I see on Agoda that looks decent is 30 bucks a night, how'd you come up with 500 a month?

wrote out this long PM.

For everybody else, appt rental/month about 500. If you want to stay long-term in a hotel, bring cash and you can bargain w/them.

Very possible to stay for 500 dollars/month in a decent hotel (def a little farther out but still near BTS) if you pay cash up-front and bargain w/them.

Another insight----This thai girl I picked up asked me how much I paid for my room-3.5/4 star hotel (60 dollars/night). She was shocked. She said my room should be 25 dollars/night max (thai price). Take a thai girl w/you to bargain for rooms and youll get better rates esp for leases/long-terms.

Another tip, withdraw cash and go to SuperRich money-exchange service. Its what all the rich thais use to exchange dollars. The exchange rate is the best in the city, and sometimes even a few thai cents above "official exchange rate". 3% difference isnt much, but multitplied over 3k dollars its 90 dollars.

Exchange rates are different for small sums than larger sums. Sometimes, they will give you better rates w/larger sums. I would ask them if they can give you better rate if you say exchange 1k dollars. Usually they can give you a few more cents/dollar. Money saved= money earned.

Cheers!