rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Wrist/Hand jewelry/watches (plus suggestion for cheap watches)

How many of you wear a lot of bling on your wrists and hands? I went about 4 years without wearing anything, but lately I figured that I was missing the boat on a nice opportunity to flash some wealth/style by forgoing watches.

I basically do the "Hank Moody" which is one watch and a couple of smaller bands (I wear those $5 'Create American Jobs' elastic bands from Starbucks as they're for a good cause and double as a good talking point) similar to sir Hank in the pic below.

[Image: hank-moody-californication.jpg]

Interesting aside: I was looking all over Saks, Nordstroms, online for killer watches and would you believe that I was at a fucking TJ Maxx and that's where I purchased two deeply discounted designer watches for only $100 each?

I got a kick-ass big-faced and tough black banded Michael Kors for like 90. I wear black a ton and this black/gold watch is just blingy enough without being obnoxious. It's big and clunky.

I also got an Armani Exchange silver banded watch for like $80 there (originally $279 or so) and it looks sick with dresswear or when I want to spruce up an outfit.

Just just a suggestion - check out TJ Maxx for deeply discounted designer watches.

Personally I was never a fan of accessories and such, but I realized that when I was younger, I always used to rock a simple necklace or something small and girls used to ALWAYS notice. So I recently bought 2 bracelets from Kiel James Patrick (https://kieljamespatrick.com/index.html/...-wraps/946) and they've been getting tons of attention. I recently went on a date with this girl who I actually have feelings for (I know, danger zone). I had both my bracelets on and she really liked the red one I had... so I told her she can have it. She has given me some little things of hers like her work name tag, etc. so I thought if she has something of mine it will definitely help in keeping her around.

I obviously also rock a nice watch.

I think something small and simple looks sick. But some people just overdo it and it starts to look childish.

Fossils have a lot of trendy looks and are inexpensive

Movados are a nice lower level Swiss watch

I hit TJ Maxx regularly and have gotten scores on all sorts of nice merchandise there

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

Stopped wearing anything but a watch when I was in college. I agree though that some sort of extra bracelet or something can get some girls interest.

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

"put her in the taxi, put her number in the trash can"

Quote: (02-05-2013 06:40 PM)1bliss Wrote:  

Personally I was never a fan of accessories and such, but I realized that when I was younger, I always used to rock a simple necklace or something small and girls used to ALWAYS notice. So I recently bought 2 bracelets from Kiel James Patrick (https://kieljamespatrick.com/index.html/...-wraps/946) and they've been getting tons of attention. I recently went on a date with this girl who I actually have feelings for (I know, danger zone). I had both my bracelets on and she really liked the red one I had... so I told her she can have it. She has given me some little things of hers like her work name tag, etc. so I thought if she has something of mine it will definitely help in keeping her around.

I think something small and simple looks sick. But some people just overdo it and it starts to look childish.

Hey mate, do you mind fixing that link that you posted? I've never worn a bracelet and I'm curious as to what style your'e talking about.

Quote: (02-05-2013 07:24 PM)MikeinMKE Wrote:  

Hey mate, do you mind fixing that link that you posted? I've never worn a bracelet and I'm curious as to what style your'e talking about.

I believe this is it: https://kieljamespatrick.com/index.html/...-wraps/946

HUGE watches are "in"

[Image: cee-lo-raekwon.jpg]

Quote: (02-05-2013 07:28 PM)Ringo Wrote:  

Quote: (02-05-2013 07:24 PM)MikeinMKE Wrote:  

I believe this is it: https://kieljamespatrick.com/index.html/...-wraps/946
Yeah that's it, thanks. I have the black one and had the red one but gave it to this girl I'm seeing. Might get the navy one to replace it.

https://kieljamespatrick.com/index.html/product/897
https://kieljamespatrick.com/index.html/...-wraps/900

And it's good quality stuff too.

Omega all the way, see my profile pic

Giles & Brother has a great collection. Some of their stuff really resembles Moody's, by the way. They are expensive, however, so I mostly use it as inspiration and find similar stuff for cheaper.

Urban Outfitters has a nice selection right now, specially if you're a young guy like me.

I really want a murdered out Rolex Submariner

like this one, but without the Rolex Name.

[Image: Rolex-Bamford-black-thumb-450x497.jpg]

As for "mewlery",

Prayer Bead/ Male Charm Bracelets

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p...&_from=R40

http://cdn.hypebeast.com/image/2012/05/w...elet-0.jpg

The look is
- expensive watch on one side
- rubber, rope, beads, or skulls/male symbols
- bike chain bracelets

And you can always go military

[Image: 51GI5HLs8OL._SL500_AA300_.jpg]

WIA

I wear a ring on my cock.

To me:

Bracelet on guy = I might make out with a dude later if I'm drunk but don't want to now

Watch on guy = I don't do mans work that's why I can wear this hunk of metal on my wrist

Cheap watch on guy = I'm broke but want to look like the guy who doesn't get his hands dirty

I wear a bracelet to act as a counterbalance on my masturbation arm.

Quote: (02-05-2013 09:34 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

I wear a bracelet to act as a counterbalance on my masturbation arm.

[Image: schlitte.jpg]
-Aliblahba flexing circa 2009.

"USA USA USA USA"

Quote: (02-05-2013 07:44 PM)GameTheory Wrote:  

HUGE watches are "in"

I can't stand big watches like that. My friend wears them all the time and it looks rediculous. It's not stylish. It's ghetto peacocking [Image: dodgy.gif]

Team Nachos

Quote: (02-05-2013 10:16 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

Quote: (02-05-2013 07:44 PM)GameTheory Wrote:  

HUGE watches are "in"

I can't stand big watches like that. My friend wears them all the time and it looks rediculous. It's not stylish. It's ghetto peacocking [Image: dodgy.gif]

Well obviously the watch I was talking about originally isn't nearly that huge. It's only "big" in the traditional sense.

Thanks for all the bracelet links - I may check one of those leather Hank Moody doohickeys out. And yeah El Mechinico - I am not at all a blue collar guy. In fact, I installed a new bathroom faucet tonight and I fucked everything up so badly that I have to call a plumber in tomorrow AM to fix shit [Image: confused.gif]

I'm not a fan of bracelets and I can't stand big watches.

Typically I find that a conservative look always goes better for watches. A standard metal band with a face that isn't needlessly complex goes well in most professional settings, classy restaurants and night clubs. A digital watch with a cloth/velcro band is fine if you're in the classroom, or working out.

If you're looking at the cheaper end of things, overstock might have some stuff worth looking at.

And since when was a man's work defined by getting dirty and being covered in mud/grease/shit all day?

If you are going to impose your will on the world, you must have control over what you believe.

Data Sheet Minneapolis / Data Sheet St. Paul / Data Sheet Northern MN/BWCA / Data Sheet Duluth

I've got a Police watch, black leather belt, it's got a little shine, perfect. Goes well with my suit and my leather jacket.

http://www.jewelleryjunkies.co.uk/produc...1182js-04/

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

If you want to spend under $200 I would look at fossil's line of watches. They use Japanese movements which means they won't beak immediately like they would if they had shitty Chinese movements like most watches.

I bought this one for a friend recently and he loves it. It's really upscale looking in person, doesn't look like a 150 dollar watch. They make it in various color schemes. I got him the all black one.

[Image: 68870CH2803_BLK_lg_v1_m56577569832769409.jpg]

[Image: CH2801_main?$fossilResponsive_pdpdetail$]

[Image: CH2695_main?$fossilResponsive_pdpdetail$]

I almost bought this watch for myself but didn't. I've never heard of the brand but i liked it in person. I ended up not buying it because it was just too big on my wrist (45mm). By a brand called Torgoen. Supposedly swiss made, but probably just assembled there using crap parts. About 400 new but i've seen em for half that online.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQVAztu8sLYVIg-FBaC-pM...lwMM5DC33b]

Its a knock off of my current favorite watch brand which is Bell & Ross. They use ETA movements, which some say makes them nothing but an overpriced fashion watch. I agree, but i still want one and will snag one when the right deal pops up for me. The one i like is the BR 126 chronograph, i'd probably get it in black carbon (looks killer in real life).

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQOc0DJ-K9mUDrgyDoBbvC...nt0G7BfOv5]

[Image: br-126-vintage-original-carbon-1.jpg]

Seiko makes a line called Sportura, which are cool. About 300 or so online. Seikos are built to last. Great watches.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSxtcJXnYj5NCE0jFptiPc...vnyd1v5I4t]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRyu2-LN4yUPWA_twotNjd...9AdnxRzCpA]

Tissot are swiss, and very affordable. This one looks great and can be found for under 500 - will last forever too if you take care of it. Tissot PRC 200 Quartz Chronograph T17.1.526.52

[Image: movadobaby_2244_600745431]

I'm not a fan of fashion watches...I think if you're going to spend the money get something respectable with some history that doesn't have ETA or even modified ETA movements in it. A coworker got a new Bell &Ross, the big square one, and it looks pretty ridiculous. To each his own though.

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

"put her in the taxi, put her number in the trash can"

Quote:Quote:

And since when was a man's work defined by getting dirty and being covered in mud/grease/shit all day?

I'm ready to fix, fuck or fight anything in one second.

You wont see me wearing a bracelet, watch, chain, tie or have long hair. I live in a mans world that's become a thing of the past. You guys should try it instead of wearing girly things to make you look attractive.

Excuse me while I blow dry my hair and iron my panties [Image: lol.gif]

Team Nachos

Once I bought a watch and it had a promotion offering a thin brown bracelet for a very low price. So I bought it too.

Since I had never into any kind of peacocking (even a light form of it, like that simple bracelet), at first I was reluctant of using it. Eventually I started using it. The guys whom I hang out with, started to make jokes when they noticed it. But then I start to receive attention from girls complimenting my bracelet, saying how stylish and beautiful it was. And look, this was just a little bracelet like this. What the fuck? Now I knew how that theory of peacocking in game was not totally unfounded.

Quote: (02-06-2013 01:11 PM)qazwsx Wrote:  

Once I bought a watch and it had a promotion offering a thin brown bracelet for a very low price. So I bought it too.

Since I had never into any kind of peacocking (even a light form of it, like that simple bracelet), at first I was reluctant of using it. Eventually I started using it. The guys whom I hang out with, started to make jokes when they noticed it. But then I start to receive attention from girls complimenting my bracelet, saying how stylish and beautiful it was. And look, this was just a little bracelet like this. What the fuck? Now I knew how that theory of peacocking in game was not totally unfounded.
No it's true they notice. When my kid gets sick of her hairband I have to carry it but sometimes I put it on and forget it. Girls will approach you if you're wearing a hello kitty hairband. Not only will they approach they will turn around and chase you down Sasha style.