rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

H. Casanova's 36 Hours in Mexico City Data Sheet

I spent the past weekend in Mexico City (Distrito Federal or DF). True to my style, I kept it short but sweet, having stayed from just Friday - Sunday. As the largest city in North America and a metropolis that is home to over 20 million people, the expectations I had for this city were more than met. I will most definitely be returning again this year, if not soon. Here is the breakdown.

Overall Impressions

Wow, just wow. DF girls are some of the most receptive I have ever met. I was acknowledged with eye contact and a held glance from just about every girl I saw while out. They also unfailingly wear heels and most have some kind of style. When I say this I'm not talking about the city in general, which I didn't really explore, but the girls I saw at the night venues.

If you're black, prepare to get eyefucked and looked at from everyone. I only saw one other black guy the entire time I was there. The people I interacted with were friendly and respectful, but I got looks from almost everyone, in some cases flat out stares. It was strange because I had just been to Brazil a couple weeks before where no one looked at me because I just blend in down there. I don't think I could "live" in Mexico City because I could see myself getting irritated by the looks after a while, but I think they were mostly out of curiosity since I clearly stood out. I was also considerably taller than most people there.

I think in terms of game, I think girls will acknowledge you regardless of race. The receptiveness is just a Mexican female trait. My friend I went with wasn't black and also received attention, but not from EVERYONE like me.

Phone Game

When you get to the airport stop at the Telcel shop next to Puerta 3 to get a sim card. Telcel has the most subscribers of any mobile company in Mex. A sim card that also includes 70 pesos worth of credit will run you 150 pesos ($11). Any time you need to add credit you can go to one of the many establishments all over DF that can add credit to your phone. 3G speeds weren't really great however. It was at times frustratingly slow.

Access

Mexico City is an easy place to reach from the United States. It's less than a four hour flight from DC. Less than two hours from most Texas cities. Chicago would be less than four and I'd imagine California to be about the same. That's great to know I can be in an epic Latin American city in less time than it would take to reach the opposite US coast.

Transportation

One of the best parts about Mexico City. This place may have the least expensive transportation costs of any major city I've been to. A ride on the subway, which can be taken from the airport, is only 3 pesos, which is 25 cents US. I took the train after arriving to get a feel for the city's infrastructure and local population. It's an extensive system that can get you around, but considering how cheap cabs are I would opt for taxi.

Cabs are ridiculously cheap in Mexico City. The taxi ride from my hotel downtown in Reforma to the airport was 50 pesos altogether for me and my friend. That comes out to around $3.50. Keep in mind this was a 20-minute journey. Cabs to the nightlife zones are also cheap from downtown (just a few dollars).

Restaurants

As an international and cosmopolitan city, you can find almost any kind of cuisine in Mexico City. The Mexican food is excellent.

There is one nice steakhouse I want to recommend in particular called Cambalache. The food was delicious. It's an Argentine steakhouse and the meat is organic and grass-fed. Prepare to spend around $40 - 50 per person. Was recommended to me by a DF girl who dates a friend of mine in DC. In fact, she was the source of the solid nightlife recs we got as well. Great connect.

Smog

Though the weather is pleasant and very similar to Los Angeles, the smog is truly on another level. This is a pic I took from the seat of my plane.

[Image: 533612_10100181611994990_379043648_n.jpg]

There were times during the flight as we entered the Mexico City area where all you could see was the smog.

Hotel

I stayed at a major hotel across from the US Embassy in Reforma (downtown) and just steps from the Angel de la Independencia. Logistics aren't really an issue for DF since the areas you will go are not far from each other. Staying downtown or in the nightlife areas like Polanco or Condesa and you will be fine. Cabs are the way to go.

Nightlife

DF nightlife is fucking amazing. Spots stay open up to 4 or 5am. There are two main areas: Condesa and Polanco. I've heard a lot of folks praise Condesa, including locals, but I found it to be a letdown. It mostly consists of bars and seated environments. It would be something to check out to pregame or if you lived there but IMO it has NOTHING on Polanco. On Friday night we checked out Condesa and the line in front of Pata Negra was a sausage fest. Granted, we didn't peep it til midnight so it was already late for that spot in terms of talent, but everything around Condesa seemed lame. We then got in a cab and hit up Polanco.

Polanco

I love this place. This is where the international playboys dwell. It's high end and upscale, yet the venues are accessible in terms of price.

Upon the amazing suggestion of a friend we hit up this mall called Plaza Antara. Make sure when you hit up the clubs there that you tell the cab driver you want to go to Plaza Antara. They don't know the names of the venues there. They only know the mall.

[Image: antara+3.jpeg]

This mall is home to high-end stores like Emporio Armani, Burberry, and everything else you can think of is in there or in the vicinity. More importantly, the second floor houses two clubs that are amazing, Joy Room and Ragga. That night - Friday - was the night to be at Ragga. We got there at 2:30am. The cover was 250 pesos (just shy of $20).

Ragga quite possibly has the best logistics of any venues I've ever been to. The atmosphere is alluring. You have lots of space to move around in the perimeter and then in the center there is huge dance floor space with tables in the corner for the bottle service folks. There's high ceilings, nice lighting and a long bar.
[Image: 374241_10150483339108342_335669563_n.jpg]

[Image: 150952_10151230790583342_21374307_n.jpg]

[Image: 14512_10151164627898342_791666235_n.jpg]

Notches/Pull
I got a British flag my first night at Ragga. I got in, hit the restroom while my boy hit the bar. When I got out I stepped onto the dance floor and after about one minute a tall, blonde haired girl grabbed me and started dancing. She then pulled me to the corner to meet her friends. I swore she was Scandinavian but as we were talking she told me she was from England which was surprising. She was living in DF as a teacher. Everyone she introduced me to was cool. I talked to some of her friends while she was dancing with other people. Then we reconnected and danced again. She then said, "lets get shots." I said cool. We went to the bar and she asked me what I wanted. I said we're in Mexico so lets do tequila. She bought us a round and then we hit the dance floor again. That's when we started making out. She then looked me in my face and said, "I want to spend the night with you." I told her, "lets go." I grabbed her hand and we head for the door. The attention directed at me from everyone at the club was insane haha.

The Crazy Bitch Story

Leaving the club to go fuck the British girl wasn't exactly smooth as we left the venue. She said lets hurry and get a cab. I initially thought to myself, cool she's ready to go. We get in the cab and she starts saying we need to leave DF and go to the mountains and then telling the driver to take us there (in Spanish). She gave him some obscure location near the mountains. I don't think he knew where it was but he knew the direction and started driving. She then asks me, "you heard about the virus, right?" I said no, what are you talking about?" She said omg, omg, I can't believe you haven't heard. I then start laughing and she becomes indignant. She said the US government ran experiments on prisoners in Colorado and a virus made its way to Mexico City and that we need to get out. I thought she was just drunk and joking but then she got pissed as I was laughing. I then told her I don't know her and that I'm not leaving DF. I just got there and that we could go to her place or mine but that I'm not leaving the city. She became upset and told me the only people I could trust is her and the cab driver. She then said we need to make sure we have a gun so that we're safe. She starts looking around the cab and then the driver pulls over. She gets out of the backseat and enters the front passenger side and opens the glove compartment looking for a gun. The driver is like "wtf." I then hopped out of the car and said I'm leaving. I didn't know where the hell we were but I knew I couldn't stay in the car with her. I asked her wtf was she doing. She then starts crying and says how embarrassed she is and apologizes profusely. I thought she might be bipolar. She then says that her dad in England just got cancer on Tuesday and since then she's had horrible nightmares. This was the first time she acted out in this way and she asked me to take the cab with her to her house. I hesitated but then figured at that hour (almost 5am) I might as well take her down. We got in the cab and the driver quoted her a ridiculous price for the fare (for good reason). She paid it when we got to her place and she told me to come inside for a drink. She had a liqour collection and we sipped on tequila and sat on her couch, and soon made out and took it to her bedroom. Had a couple of intense rounds over the course of a few hours. I got home to my hotel at 9am.

Second Day/Night

Since I got to my hotel so late in the morning after the first night, I just slept on Saturday. Didn't day game at all. Woke up around 3pm and showered/dressed and made moves to get food. Hit up Cambalache and then stopped to get some liquor and went back to the hotel to pregame with my boy. We linked up with a local connect and hit up Barezzito .

This was a nice venue in that there were cute girls but the logistics were just bad. It was a seated environment more so than a standing bar and it was difficult to get to the girls who were seated. I know from experience that to get the ONS you need to be in a venue that allows for close interaction/contact with a chick. Barezzito would be cool with social circle or if you had more time in DF and could take numbers and schedule meetups another time, but I was in the closing business that night.

We then decided to hit up Joy Room (next to Ragga) which some girls told us about. Now we didn't know from having been to Ragga the night before that there was a spot called Joy Room immediately adjacent to it. In fact, they might be the same venue but just different entrances. I'll never know because by the time we got there (2am) they weren't letting anyone in. It wasn't even a matter of face control (which is never a problem for me) but they were even turning away fly girls. They were saying they only were doing reservations. I was pissed because the girls we saw leaving and get turned away were hot. I wanted to get another win which I felt was totally possible in DF.

So we left and took a cab to a spot recommended to us called Higgs which plays electro music. We had no idea how far it would be but it turned out to be outside of Mexico City limits. We were now in Mexico state. To add insult to injury, the club no longer existed as the ownership changed 3 weeks prior! So we took a cab back to the city and had to scramble as to what spot to hit up as it was now 3-something am. We decided to return to Condesa which at least would have multiple venues in case one sucked. We also wanted to confirm whether it was indeed not special as we had heard so much saying otherwise.

We hit Condesa and immediately went to the most popular venue, Pata Negra, which has been discussed in this forum. There was a line but it didn't matter. We got inside and it felt like being in Adam's Morgan (DC). The music was cool but the venue was way too crowded and the ratio wasn't good. Nonetheless, I immediately saw a girl who caught my eye and made my way over to her. We started talking and we hit the bar where she bought me drinks. She turned out to be an actress who has been living in DF for 5 months. (Side note: My boy said she's an "instagram actress" and not a real one as she has no IMDB profile. She did have Vimeo account, youtube presence and many professional and sexy google images when I looked up her name after being added by her on FB). Either way, I hollered at her because of her looks not her job!

She was at the club with friends but I wanted to get her out of there so I told her to come outside with me for "fresh air." She obliged but she said she couldn't leave her friends that night but was free the next day (Sunday). Unfortunately I was leaving that day. I debated whether I should stay another day but my friend had to leave and the cost of an extra day and more time off work didn't appeal to me for just one lay. So I exchanged contact info and will probably hit her up on my next visit to DF. Considering I was able to bag something like her with the limited time I had in a decent venue gives me a very positive impression about the women in that city.

Also, I randomly bumped into RVF member Germanico after talking to that girl. It was too loud to really hear what he was saying but I knew he said he would keep an eye on me haha. I don't think he knew what happened with me and that girl because I didn't explain it well with all the music going on but I did catch him looking at me in the club haha. Cool guy though.

Now that I've been to DF, I plan to waste no time on my return which I hope to do again within the next month or two. Please take my advice if you also appreciate the finer things in life, like high end nightlife. Go to Ragga/Joy Room and party in Polanco. Pata Negra in Condesa isn't worth it in my opinion. The "actress" was cool for that venue but she doesn't really hold a candle to the talent I saw in Polanco. For day game, I don't know since I was never out during the day but there's that enormous university called NAUM which has 320K students. Just off the numbers there has to be lots of targets.

PM me if you have any more questions on DF or plan to be there soon. I'm down to connect.

Quote: (02-04-2013 10:51 PM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

If you're black, prepare to get eyefucked and looked at from everyone. I only saw one other black guy the entire time I was there. The people I interacted with were friendly and respectful, but I got looks from almost everyone, in some cases flat out stares.

This is truth. I had little kids on the Mexico City metro straight point at me. I felt like I was in a boy band or something.

Nice man. That taxi story with the girl is crazy haha

Awesome thread. I will be there in June. Ive never been to Mexico City but ive heard many great things about it.

I guess brothers are safe in Mexico. Good to hear.
How did you figure out it was Germanico? Did you plan to meet him?

Quote: (02-04-2013 11:28 PM)sucio44 Wrote:  

I guess brothers are safe in Mexico. Good to hear.
How did you figure out it was Germanico? Did you plan to meet him?

I knew what he looked like and vice versa because we are both friends with InternationalSwagger off the forum. Swag told me he would be there but we didn't exchange info.

I forgot to mention but Mexico City is safe. It's the safest city in Mexico and safer than most American cities. It even has a lower crime rate than Washington, DC. The cartel crime is mainly in the border towns. The police presence in DF is constant and round-the-clock.

Great stuff. HC strikes again! Thx for that data sheet & the epic story about that British chick haha. I also went to Mexico DF with friends back this past December 2012 staying at a big apt in Condesa off Airbnb.com. It's a great neighborhood to be in for late night Taco binging, pregaming, and of course daytime where you are situated next to good cafes, bakeries, juice stands, and chill folks. There's also a monumental park right next the neighborhood for buying street crafts and running. Nightlife in Condesa however was meh...some cool venues just outside of Condesa that were worth visiting but can't remember too much. One guy in our group did pull in Condesa however. We never quite hit up Polanco, but that mall tip of Plaza Antara will be tried on my next visit.

For cheaper flights, Spirit Airlines flies from certain US cities now although the arrival airport is 45-55 minutes away from DF in another city of Toluca. Cab ride will be more expensive as a result (60 USD), but it's not so bad if splitting the cost with 2 other guys. Cabs are cheap yet you have to be aware because they do not know how to get anywhere even if you give them a specific address. We as a result had to turn on our international data plans to get from place to place.

From a cultural standpoint, I thoroughly enjoyed Mexico DF. It's a city that takes great pride in preserving their local culture yet at the same time is a very ambitious diverse cosmopolitan one that is always striving to be something bigger & better (a sort of drive if you will that I didn't feel in a place such as Rio de Janeiro). Someone mentioned to me the city is one of the happiest in the world as I wouldn't doubt that. One of the most admirable things I witnessed from a cultural standpoint was the relationship between younger children and their mothers. I've never seen such obedient toddlers in my life until going to that city. Was definitely a good change of pace compared to the obnoxious ppl on my facebook who are always instagramming photos of their kids & posting it on there.

Definitely jealous though & makes me eager to travel again once this May kicks around for me. Glad it was an awesome trip!

redacted

Spanish definitely helps for getting around, respect, help, etc. For game, it helps there too, but some girls speak English.

I dressed up and felt like I was too swagged out for Condesa. I was better suited for Polanco venues.

Quote: (02-05-2013 12:35 AM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

I've always heard that the cabs were super dangerous in DF. Myth dispelled.

Great report! I've only messed with a few DF/Monterrey exchange students, and they were pretty damn cool, very unlike their Mex-Am counterparts. (which are also cool in my book).

How much Spanish do you need?
And how much do you need to dress up?

WIA

Thanks for posting this, HC. I plan on going to DF within the next few months. The dude I'm staying with is not a clubbing type person so I'll probably roll solo so I'm keeping this data sheet for reference. Those higher end Mexican girls are awesome. I can relate to what you mean by the constant looks. Got that in Chile to the point that it just gets annoying.

another destination on the list now thanks Henc

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

I skipped a workout to finish writing this sheet so I'm glad you guys appreciate it!

As usual, great data HC, I've been thinking about a Mexico trip in the future and this info makes we want to hit up the big city.

I know that you mentioned the brutal smog that Mexico City is known for but is it that bad when you are on the ground, did it affect your breathing? Bogota has pretty bad air quality and that's one thing that makes me think twice about staying there long term again.

Awesome sheet! Are you going to re-visit on the regular?

The smog didn't affect me but that British girl I mentioned said that after 6 months of living there she started to develop respiratory problems and now uses an inhaler. They say the air quality has improved in recent years but it's in a league of its own compared to other places.

Quote: (02-05-2013 09:40 AM)scotian Wrote:  

As usual, great data HC, I've been thinking about a Mexico trip in the future and this info makes we want to hit up the big city.

I know that you mentioned the brutal smog that Mexico City is known for but is it that bad when you are on the ground, did it affect your breathing? Bogota has pretty bad air quality and that's one thing that makes me think twice about staying there long term again.

Also, I forgot to mention this but DO NOT take the white taxis. They charge jacked up prices for the simple fact that they wait at locations to pickup customers. Flag the maroon colored taxis that are driving on the street. Those are the cheap ones.

Quote: (02-05-2013 12:10 AM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

I forgot to mention but Mexico City is safe. It's the safest city in Mexico and safer than most American cities. It even has a lower crime rate than Washington, DC. The cartel crime is mainly in the border towns. The police presence in DF is constant and round-the-clock.

Well, I wouldnt call the city safe in general. Of course, in the rich areas (e.g. Condesa, Polanco, Lomas de Chapultepec), you wont have a problem and are able to walk around at night, but believe me, go to a little sketchier parts of DF (and Im not talking Tepito here) and you'll change your mind. I lived close to the UNAM for a year in a middle-class barrio and saw/heard some scary shit.
A 13-year-old pointed his gun at me, my Mexican host sister was almost kidnapped while riding a bus, a friend got car-jacked, the blockbusters close by got assaulted, the 7/11 guy got fatally shot and his replacement as well, a friend and his girl were drinking in some bar, got into a cab and were taken for a joyride which
ended in them having to empty their accounts, the list goes on.

Bottom line, use your smarts and avoid walking around alone after dark in somewhat sketchy parts of the city and you'll be fine. Taxis are generally safe, but if the driver looks like Danny Trejo with face tatts you should maybe wait for another one.

Quote: (02-05-2013 09:45 AM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Yes. I'm not sure exactly when but I'd prefer going to Mexico City over a place like Miami. The girls are much nicer and the high end talent is just as good as anywhere else. The average chick is nothing special though.

The thing is, because Mexico is probably the richest city in Latin America, you have huge communities of people from other Latin American countries. There is a large population of Argentinians, Brazilians, Colombians, etc.

Yeah. DF is huge and I barely scratched the surface. I don't think most guys here would think about staying in the kind of neighborhoods you're talking about. There would be no reason to. The rich areas are where you should stay.

Quote: (02-05-2013 10:13 AM)BoiBoi Wrote:  

Quote: (02-05-2013 12:10 AM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

Well, I wouldnt call the city safe in general. Of course, in the rich areas (e.g. Condesa, Polanco, Lomas de Chapultepec), you wont have a problem and are able to walk around at night, but believe me, go to a little sketchier parts of DF (and Im not talking Tepito here) and you'll change your mind. I lived close to the UNAM for a year in a middle-class barrio and saw/heard some scary shit.
A 13-year-old pointed his gun at me, my Mexican host sister was almost kidnapped while riding a bus, a friend got car-jacked, the blockbusters close by got assaulted, the 7/11 guy got fatally shot and his replacement as well, a friend and his girl were drinking in some bar, got into a cab and were taken for a joyride which
ended in them having to empty their accounts, the list goes on.

Bottom line, use your smarts and avoid walking around alone after dark in somewhat sketchy parts of the city and you'll be fine. Taxis are generally safe, but if the driver looks like Danny Trejo with face tatts you should maybe wait for another one.

Quote: (02-05-2013 10:15 AM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

Yes. I'm not sure exactly when but I'd prefer going to Mexico City over a place like Miami. The girls are much nicer and the high end talent is just as good as anywhere else. The average chick is nothing special though.

The thing is, because Mexico is probably the richest city in Latin America, you have huge communities of people from other Latin American countries. There is a large population of Argentinians, Brazilians, Colombians, etc.
More fun than Santo Domingo? One of my exs is from there she's blond/blue born a raised of French decent. We started seeing each other as a result of her stalking me. She said I looked like her ex who was a cop and got killed in a bank robbery there. lol

I think the main advantage you have with Mexico City over a place like, say, Rio or Santo Domingo is that it isn't a destination for sex tourism. That means that the girls you meet are for the most part just normal chicks. They have jobs or are in school and have pretty normal lives. They assume you are in Mexico City on business.

I think chicks who live in sex tourism places tend to behave differently. A girl in Santo Domingo might want you to bring her a phone or an iPod or something. They play that kind of game. They assume right away your intention is sex.

Quote: (02-05-2013 10:19 AM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Quote: (02-05-2013 10:15 AM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

More fun than Santo Domingo? One of my exs is from there she's blond/blue born a raised of French decent. We started seeing each other as a result of her stalking me. She said I looked like her ex who was a cop and got killed in a bank robbery there. lol

I don't want to derail but from what I observed in SD personally is that sex is part of the date even with normal girls with jobs and cars etc. If the date goes well I think that they want to put out so you see them again or just like getting laid. I was on a date with a girl that spoke 0 english with no translator we played roulette and drank she asked someone in spanish to ask me if it's ok for her to stay with me. Umm..yeah no problem.

Yeah sex is a big part of DR and Caribbean culture in general. I think Mexico City is comparable to a place like Sao Paulo. It's more smooth and sophisticated than a vacay destination. There's no beach. You dress up and hit the nightlife venues. In the day time people are busy hustling. It also has lots of options for food, shopping, culture, entertainment and that kind of thing. Great service. Single chicks tend not to have children in the places I went, whereas in DR many of them do.

Quote: (02-05-2013 10:42 AM)el mechanico Wrote:  

I don't want to derail but from what I observed in SD personally is that sex is part of the date even with normal girls with jobs and cars etc. If the date goes well I think that they want to put out so you see them again or just like getting laid. I was on a date with a girl that spoke 0 english with no translator we played roulette and drank she asked someone in spanish to ask me if it's ok for her to stay with me. Umm..yeah no problem.

HC, fantastic sheet as usual.

1) Do you think there is any other city in Mexico that is worth going to instead of MC that also has similar city amenities and venues?

2) For short stay do you recommend hotel or ABnB? I guess since this is not a sex destination, there is no stigma to hotels. But if you went for a week, would you stay in hotel or ABnB?

3) How is your Spanish?