rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How do I incorporate my job (Finance) into my game ?

I'll begin working in Finance in an internship at one of the Investment Banks in Manhattan this summer. Was wondering how this will affect my game.

I was reading somewhere that if you're dressed up, you are able to be more direct in your approaches. I'd hate to go to the bar after work in a dress shirt and tie, but that may be how my schedule works out, depending on my hours.

I'll basically be walking around like this during the day (sometimes minus the suit jacket)

[Image: jOR5N61.png]

Congrats on your internship!

As an intern you're probably getting paid about $30k for the summer, maybe more, maybe less. I would buy a nice suit or three, some custom dress shirts, and two good pairs of shoe/belt combos (brown/tan and black). A polished appearance is well within your budget and allows you to look like a trader/ibanker/etc without having to go around telling everyone you have an internship. This pays off both at work (so long as you're not too flashy) and in your private life.

Second, if anyone asks you what you do, you can be honest. That's an advantage of having your shit together; you don't have to hide your life from women. Plenty of guys weasel their way around those questions but sometimes that comes off disingenuous and transparent. Try to be a little humble, it makes you seem more impressive.

You will probably not be in Manhattan long enough to need to worry about getting a great apartment. I personally would just focus on getting a good location, close to the subway, some places to eat and go out, and the workplace.

Most importantly, befriend the guys you work with. They make far more money than you do, and they know the city. When you go out with them you may automatically be treated better by venue staff. Not to mention that they will probably end up dropping coin on you at some point.

Long term (ie when you get a full-time offer), most of my friends in the finance industry do two things that attract girls more than anything. The first is to get a nice place to stay. Personally I think a high-rise condo, maybe penthouse, is the pinnacle of life for a young professional. The view is phenomenal. Second, drop some coin on fun things like front-row/courtside sporting event tickets, etc. Few things are more attractive (to men and women, I don't mean just in terms of game) than someone who has access to a higher echelon of fun.

Read this blog wallstreetplayboys.com

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Quote: (02-02-2013 10:56 AM)HSolo Wrote:  

I'll basically be walking around like this during the day (sometimes minus the suit jacket)

[Image: facepalm.png]

No, you won't be "walking around looking like that" during the day. You will be doing this during the day:

[Image: %7BB809A5CA-8D91-4FEA-8BCE-010E4006733E%...rticle.jpg]

[size=8pt]"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”[/size] [size=7pt] - Romans 8:18[/size]

congrats, but interns don't live the Models and Bottles lifestyle.

Put all of your time, energy, and effort into making the most out of this internship.

WIA

Quote: (02-02-2013 12:40 PM)scorpion Wrote:  

Quote: (02-02-2013 10:56 AM)HSolo Wrote:  

[Image: facepalm.png]

No, you won't be "walking around looking like that" during the day. You will be doing this during the day:

[Image: %7BB809A5CA-8D91-4FEA-8BCE-010E4006733E%...rticle.jpg]

i'll have around a week of "Freedom" when I start

Wear the suit jacket. Just shirt and tie says "someone told me I have to dress up."

Full suit says "I live and breathe this look."

Quote: (02-02-2013 03:43 PM)RandalGraves Wrote:  

Wear the suit jacket. Just shirt and tie says "someone told me I have to dress up."

Full suit says "I live and breathe this look."

But it will be summer time lol

Get used to using this line:

"I steal from people for a living" in a joking tone. Be sure to size up who you're talking to as well.

DO NOT tell people you work on Wall Street. You will get blown out in seconds.

You will need better than average talking skills because you wil easily be seen as bragging if you so much as hint at making decent money or working on the street.

Also doubt you'll have much time to party in a summer internship just get the top ranked MD to like you secure an offer and screw around when you go back to college.

Work smart, not hard.

Quote: (02-02-2013 05:38 PM)WestCoast Wrote:  

Do you have experience with this? I thought the NYC women loved bankers.

Quote: (02-02-2013 09:59 PM)jammer Wrote:  

Quote: (02-02-2013 05:38 PM)WestCoast Wrote:  

Do you have experience with this? I thought the NYC women loved bankers.

I'm not sure what the above means. I was once a banker in NYC and back in the day there was no better line in the city then telling girls you're a banker. Even during the peak of financial crisis and beginning of the occupy wall street movement the banker line still worked fine but doctors took over and became (and probably still are top dawgs in the city)

At the same time For those that aren't bankers don't try faking it because girls in NYC can spot a fake a mile away and are quite used to hearing the I'm a banker line. My move was to always down play it and tell girls I was a construction worker or made french fries at burger king.

Okay bro if u brag abt being a banker-8000000000990

Been doing this 4 way too long. Just trying 2 help out.