rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Internet and Phone in the DR

I run three location-independent businesses, but I DO need phone and internet.

Any reports on the quality of both in the DR?

I'm looking to bounce from Austin to the CR or DR in the next 1-3 weeks, but MUST have phone and internet between 9 and 5, in any US time zone.

And when I say phone, I mean legit wireless service or a wired line.

I ran a search on here and came up short. All reports appreciated.

its just as fast wifi as the states.
Cellphones are GSM. Same technology as ATT and others network.

"All My Bitches love me....I love all my bitches,
but its like soon as I cum... I come to my senses."

Never noticed a problem with my hotel's wifi, but wasn't on it all day. Saw some other dudes in the hotel using majic jack, might be a good option if phone is a must, I think relying on your SIM card will get expensive. Good luck.

Bring an unlocked GSM phone, get a local sim card and load up some minutes as you need them: local outgoing calls are about $0.10/min, incoming calls are free. For internet you may have a wifi where you are staying, alternatively you can buy a usb dongle (3G/Edge) to use with your laptop ($50 to buy a dongle, and about $3/day for internet service - around 1MB/s down but may get throttled after the first 1GB). Also you can get get a phone internet package (3G): daily, weekly, monthly options, - comes to about $50/mo.

Any recommendations on buying a cell phone in the DR?

Buy one before coming... GSM phone.
You will pay $100 or more for the same phone once its in DR. Also, get a plan. Prepaid is expensive there.

"All My Bitches love me....I love all my bitches,
but its like soon as I cum... I come to my senses."