rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What would you do if you won the lottery

One of my friend recently made a loy of money. Which made me think.. What would you do uf you won a lottery? ( Assume its more than 5 million usd as 1 million now days is nothing anymore)

What kind of life would you live? How do you makr friends? Etc

Few options i see

Book tables and party at high end clubs in moscow, st tropez, floripa, etc.

Travel the worlf in luxury/ 5 star hotels. Limos. High end resturants. Somehow invite girls to come with yoU. Dono where to find them

Travel the world in a budget, stay in hostels and other budget accomodation. Make friends on the way.

Things like startung a modeling agency where you got no experience and expertise i would not suggest. Would be a loosing money business.

First thing I'd probably have my last ever wank

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

With $5mil I would

-Buy myself a nice house, nice firniture and a nice car (around $500k)
-Put $2mil in bank, harvest 80k each year (more than enough to live like a king in Bosnia)
-Invest $2mil in building a 10 apartment building that would either give me a steady and large income from rents or that would give me at least $3mil from selling those apartments. Then repeat with another building.
-Blew $500k on parties, gifts to cousins who graduated, trips, etc.

Basically, I would build a foundation for me and my kids to turn those 5 million into 30 million by the time I die, so I wouldn't have any regrets for how I lived my life.

5 million would earn about 200k in dividend income. That's 8k/month on a luxury rental, 2k on a luxury car, and 6.5k on food booze and women. Done and done.

The 20 million mark is where things would start to get real interesting (i.e. servants and chauffeurs, keeping entire sections of a city on lockdown/owning some of the establishments, boats, concubines, having troublesome people removed from your presence)

Find someone with the knowledge to help me manage/invest 5 million so that I could live a very comfortable lifestyle until the day I die. A large percentage of lottery winners end up filing bankruptcy because they have zero clue how to manage that kind of money.

As far as fun shit to do with the money, get setup in a dope highrise condo in Bangkok. Hire a personal chef to cook all of my meals. Fly in a style consultant to help me go shopping and get a top of the line wardrobe. Do celebration lines off of a hookers tits?

I would invest the winnings in condos and other real estate within a city that I expect to grow during the next 20 years.

Rich people don't stay rich by blowing all their wealth on lifestyle expenditures.

Invest 4.5m of it and use the remaining 500k to live my normal life for a few years. Re-do my wardrobe and achieve my ideal physique in that time while moving into a nicer but modest place, banging as many chicks as possible. After I've let my money work for 3 years use the profits and live abroad while continuing to invest the principal.

I would have a shit on my desk at work.

Quote: (01-25-2013 10:41 AM)RioNomad Wrote:  

Find someone with the knowledge to help me manage/invest 5 million so that I could live a very comfortable lifestyle until the day I die. A large percentage of lottery winners end up filing bankruptcy because they have zero clue how to manage that kind of money.

I'd do this. Hire a lawyer to hide my money as much as possible and a money manager type to make sure I don't go too buckwild. I'd probably travel the world cheaply for about a year (not hostels, I'd probably rent apartments and reasonable hotels). Spend the time learning about the world, getting in better shape, learning a new language, etc. then I'd try to go to some kind of MBA or something where I can better myself as far as business (and be a millionaire with real good life experience around a bunch of young college girls).

Quote: (01-25-2013 07:31 AM)east and west Wrote:  

What would you do uf you won a lottery?

Pay off all my debts and buy a house in North Dallas.
Update my clothes to all bad ass shit and buy a car to suit the lifestyle I want(most likely an Audi R8)

The thing about buying clothes is that... You can spend easily few 50k buying expensive shit and dont neccessary look THAT good. You might look slightly better. No one is gonna find ouT that you got that expensive brand cloth. I dont wana hire a clothing consultant, Sounds stupid.

Alot of people are saying 500k to live for a few years. Sounds like a good plan.
But where is the money for cars? And luxury houses?

I would invest in something profitable.

Quote: (01-25-2013 02:37 PM)east and west Wrote:  

The thing about buying clothes is that... You can spend easily few 50k buying expensive shit and dont neccessary look THAT good. You might look slightly better. No one is gonna find ouT that you got that expensive brand cloth. I dont wana hire a clothing consultant, Sounds stupid.

Alot of people are saying 500k to live for a few years. Sounds like a good plan.

cars and luxury houses tie you down. nice clothes you can take with you around the world.

I would wait a few months, set up an LLC and have my lawyer claim the winnings. Outside of my mother and father, and three closest friends who would find out about what happened, I'd like to think the rest of the world would go on knowing something life changing happened to me, but they couldn't quite pinpoint it. From there, I'd live off of the interest collected, make a couple of real estate investments, and live on a whim. A couple of my childhood friends are on the cusp of hitting it big, so I'd probably take more of an active role in pushing their ideas/businesses along with some of my cash while leaving my hands off their dreams. I'd set aside 10-15% of my winnings towards entrepreneurial ventures, understanding that I'm either going to make 100x my initial investment or lose it all.

I can only shake my head when these morons get up on stage to put their face on TV holding up one of those $200 million dollar checks.

Quote: (01-25-2013 02:49 PM)PartyonBro Wrote:  

Quote: (01-25-2013 02:37 PM)east and west Wrote:  

cars and luxury houses tie you down. nice clothes you can take with you around the world.

Ya that's actually right...

No more need to save on clothes.

I would also try sign up for pua courses. Rsd and lovesystems, for like 5 k.

Not that I desperate want, but just curious to experience them, if money is not a issue anymore

Wow you young guys sure know how to party!!!!!!!!!! Invest, clothes, pua, apartment building, 500k house, hire a lawyer..

^^ Haha its funny these threads always have all these sensible posts. My first order of business would be to get all my mates from around the world to some party location (Vegas, Ibiza, wherever), hire a villa or penthouse, invite every hot girl I see, by truckloads of booze and drugs and have the most ridiculous bender of all time.

that wouldn't be that different from my usual lifestyle.

First and foremost, I'd troll my old bosses. Then the debauchery would begin. I'd do some outlandish shit and write a book about it.

Pay off debts, get one of my best friends from high school to help me invest it, help others including family/peers/volunteering with charitable organizations, travel & living abroad, and taking more foreign language classes whether at home or overseas.

I would tell no one.

Drop some cash on my parents and siblings.

Invest in a dividend etf and a real estate etf to generate 150k a year. Spending 12k a month to travel, drink, do a lot of drugs, read books, lift weights, buy suits, see everything, visit every country and not leave that particular country till achieving a flag. Party till my nose fell off.

When that got boring I would go back to school to become a teacher and inspire the legions of students under me. And only reserve the summer months for debauchery.

Right now I would kill all my obligations to everyone and everything then bankroll my own career in music.

If you get a lot of money based on chance, I think the real opportunity is to use it to leverage a big move where you build something yourself. If it's money you didn't make yourself, what do you know about money? Five mil falls out of the sky and suddenly you're a hedge fund manager? Shit, the #1 way people with money lose money is to "invest" it in the markets.

That money can be blown real easily, I believe a large percentage of lottery winners blow the wad.

I would of course put a large amount a way so that I could not touch, I don't like lawyers nor do I trust them.

My main thing is travelling, so that is what I would do. The trick is too not come across like a guy who has alot of money, being able to blend into a crowd.

I want to be free, having a car/house does not allow that.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com