rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Where would you go in SE Asia RIGHT NOW, if you had 2 weeks and heaps of $$$

I am currently just chilling in Asia, staying with family, enjoying some R&R.

I have two free weeks from today, to do absolutely anything. I haven't been to SE Asia before, so I have my sights set on there.

My question to you is, where would you go in SE Asia for the next two weeks? I'm pretty flush right now, I ain't sweating the cost of a flash hotel, taxis etc etc. I'm ready to spend.
Some backgroud on me:
26, Asian (Chinese), 5'5, regular looks but I lift hard and definitely more cut up and well dressed than the average Asian dude. Because I'm not a tall Brad Pitt lookalike I try to play towards being the funny witty smart well traveled multilingual interesting guy. Just got out of a VERY long LTR about a year ago, the only girl I'd ever been with, since then I discovered the game (wow) and traveled, I've picked up 4 flags, I want to get to 10 this year. I still have my training wheels on with this stuff and want to hit up a place good for massing some approaches and where I can hope to pick up at least one or two flags to start the year strong.
I was thinking either Phuket, Philipines, Phnom Penh? I don't like to move around too much, probably prefer to keep my feet set for 2 weeks and just work on the females.
Side note: I hate extremely hot, humid weather.

I don't like to choose places based on my race generally but I think SE Asia is probably one place where white dudes and east asian dudes could have very different experiences, so keep that in mind.

I'm more or less set on SE Asia, but if Jan/Feb is a horrible horrible time to go, I might consider somewhere else in Asia. Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.

If you are looking to bang Asian chicks, I would say Bangkok. If you are looking to bang white chicks, then the Islands sound good. However, if you hate heat and humidity, you are pretty much fucked.

I think there is enough data sheets and info on both Thailand and the Phils on this forum to where if you spend a couple of days reading, you will be able to make a pretty informed decision.

Quote: (01-24-2013 03:54 AM)RioNomad Wrote:  

If you are looking to bang Asian chicks, I would say Bangkok. If you are looking to bang white chicks, then the Islands sound good. However, if you hate heat and humidity, you are pretty much fucked.

I think there is enough data sheets and info on both Thailand and the Phils on this forum to where if you spend a couple of days reading, you will be able to make a pretty informed decision.

Thanks, yeah I've read pretty much everything on this forum about the typical choices, Phuket, Bangkok, Koh Samui etc. I was more wondering if anyone had somewhere in mind that I hadn't thought of.
And also if maybe there is somewhere especially good at this particular time of the year.

Btw, I'm traveling solo.

Bangkok hands down... The amount of choice and opportunities is huge and as a local hub you can fly or go anywhere else within 2-3 hours if you want to take a trip. Plenty of Cambodians, Myanmar and Phil girls here for flag collection activity. January is the best, coolest, driest month here as well. If you really want colder climates maybe go for Chiang Mai.

Quote: (01-24-2013 04:06 AM)Asaxon Wrote:  

Bangkok hands down... The amount of choice and opportunities is huge and as a local hub you can fly or go anywhere else within 2-3 hours if you want to take a trip. Plenty of Cambodians, Myanmar and Phil girls here for flag collection activity. January is the best, coolest, driest month here as well. If you really want colder climates maybe go for Chiang Mai.

Alright cool, I'm thinking about maybe splitting my time between BKK and Phuket. However, pretty much every writeup on here about BKK is how people just can't stand the place for the first 2 weeks they are there, and you really need more time to let the city grow on you a little. So since I only have a couple of weeks, I was leaning towards Phuket or the islands.
My friend told me Phil girls were hands down the best he'd seen in SE Asia and the most fun to hang out with, but I'm reluctant to go there because I already have my Phil flag. Ridiculous reason, I know.

If you have cash to spend on a good location BKK is fun. I am currently within 100 feet of four nice clubs and have a great rooftop pool to relax which cuts out the bustle and transportation annoyance. Just come out here and if you hate it take a 2 hour flight onwards... I doubt you will want to leave!

if i had only 2 weeks would definitely want island with great beach, party at night chill in day as opposed to urban sprawl

Vietnam is a place i absolutely must return to. In my opinion it has the most attractive girls in Asia however i cant tell you if they are easy or not because when i went 2 years ago i had no game and i was traveling with my parents.
The hot humid weather would be a problem for you because vietnam is the hottest most humid country i have ever been to.
I would recommend a party on the beach at Nha Trang.

Girls should be an ornament to the eye, not an ache in the ear.

Just coming back from KL, Bangkok and Jakarta, I must say Jakarta gets over looked. I have never seen an abundance of big booty Asian chicks in my life. Getting around the city is a nightmare so logistics are key. I would have to say the clubbing experience in Jakarta was by far much better then Bangkok (I have visited Bangkok 4x in the past 2 years with a good social circle), maybe it was due to the excitement of being in a city I have never been before. Approaching women was very easy especially in the big shopping centers (Grand Indonesia Mall), being a predominantly Muslim country I was a bit afraid, but rest ashore Indonesians know how to party and have a good time. Due to the flooding going on currently you may want to hold off.

I would stay home and save the money for a longer trip. 2 weeks is not worth the hassle of a long flight.

/edit: nevermind youre in Asia!

I would propably hit up Pattaya or the Islands in Thailand.

@Shibby

If I had 2 weeks and flush with cash this is what I would do.

I would rent a serviced apartment at Pan Pacific on thong lor (Sukhumvit soi 55). It has a fantastic location on Thong lor soi 8. It is walking distance to some of the most trendy restaurants and clubs in BKK. It has several good places to eat at that are connected to your building and a grocery store in the basement.

Just around the corner you have lots of great night clubs and you are a short motorbike taxi ride from the BTS (skytrain). Best location in town.

Just search agoda.com for pan pacific and you will see all the good reviews.

Enjoy!

I'll tell you where I AM GOING! I'm hitting up Hainan, China for 10 days. Few western tourists, long, tropical beaches.

My plan is this:
1: Sit on the beach enjoying the sun.
2: Read/write
3: Repeat

If you are going to impose your will on the world, you must have control over what you believe.

Data Sheet Minneapolis / Data Sheet St. Paul / Data Sheet Northern MN/BWCA / Data Sheet Duluth

I'd go to Japan or Korea...

SE Asia is for when you dont have cash, and want to stretch it out and still pretend to all the locals you're rolling in dough (which to be fair, you probably are, even if you're broke by western standards)

Quote: (01-24-2013 02:04 PM)Osiris Wrote:  

I'll tell you where I AM GOING! I'm hitting up Hainan, China for 10 days. Few western tourists, long, tropical beaches.

My plan is this:

I'm jealous. Hainan sounds awesome. [Image: smile.gif]

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Id do taiwan. ABC get favorable treatment there apparently.

Thai Islands is a good 2nd option. beach body game.

BKK- for the sheer insanity of partying days/nights on end.

Really depends what you are going for. Pure numbers? Beach? Super hotties? Foreigners?

WIA- For most of men, our time being masters of our own fate, kings in our own castles is short. Even those of us in the game will eventually succumb to ease of servitude rather than deal with the malaise of solitude

Quote: (01-24-2013 06:05 PM)DVY Wrote:  

Id do taiwan. ABC get favorable treatment there apparently.

Thai Islands is a good 2nd option. beach body game.

BKK- for the sheer insanity of partying days/nights on end.

Really depends what you are going for. Pure numbers? Beach? Super hotties? Foreigners?

I'm really just in the business of meeting girls right now. I discovered this flagging thing about a year ago and its all up in my head now. Its like the grown up version of playing Pokemon, and my cellphone is my Pokedex and I just gotta catch em all.

I tend to not frequent the nightclubs unless its with friends, just dealing with piss drunk people and not being able to hear yourself speak doesn't work for me. I try to play more towards daygame get some numbers, set up a casual date and drinks and work from there. So right now I'm thinking Phuket or BKK. I'll definitely check out the nightlife too though. Whats the deal with going out solo nightlife in BKK vs Phuket?

Taiwan sounds interesting. Let me read up on it.

Quote: (01-24-2013 12:32 PM)DirectDanger Wrote:  

@Shibby

If I had 2 weeks and flush with cash this is what I would do.

I would rent a serviced apartment at Pan Pacific on thong lor (Sukhumvit soi 55). It has a fantastic location on Thong lor soi 8. It is walking distance to some of the most trendy restaurants and clubs in BKK. It has several good places to eat at that are connected to your building and a grocery store in the basement.

Just around the corner you have lots of great night clubs and you are a short motorbike taxi ride from the BTS (skytrain). Best location in town.

Just search agoda.com for pan pacific and you will see all the good reviews.

Enjoy!

That place is not cheap but definitely looks pimp. Fully booked though. I'm guessing there is a ton of good accomm I could find in that area though?

Right now I'm thinking either Phuket/islands or BKK/Pattaya

Alright, its booked, I have a couple of friends traveling through Phuket so that sealed the deal. Flying to Phuket on Sunday to meet them and then if I can take care of business in the first week I will maybe head to Cambodia or Malaysia or Bangkok for a few days before heading home.

I'm checking out my accommodation now, if anyone has any recommendations and more importantly has any experience with cockblocking hotels in Phuket please let me know. I'm guessing I'll look for something not far from Patong?

Quote: (01-24-2013 02:04 PM)Osiris Wrote:  

My plan is this:

Osiris, how did Hainan work out? For a tropical island with 9 million people, there's precious little info about it. Worth the trip?

I can't have sex with your personality, and I can't put my penis in your college degree, and I can't shove my fist in your childhood dreams, so why are you sharing all this information with me?

Damn, just noticed Asaxon got banned! what happened? He was a cool poster. Anyone knows what happened?

Quote: (01-24-2013 04:06 AM)Asaxon Wrote: