rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

North Korea targets United States with Nuclear Rockets

Reuters link here.

Quote:Quote:

(Reuters) - North Korea said on Thursday it would carry out further rocket launches and a nuclear test that would target the United States, dramatically stepping up its threats against a country it called its "enemy".

The announcement by the country's top military body came a day after the United Nations Security Council agreed a U.S.-backed resolution to censure and sanction the country for a rocket launch in December that breached U.N. rules.

"We are not disguising the fact that the various satellites and long-range rockets that we will fire and the high-level nuclear test we will carry out are targeted at the United States," North Korea's National Defence Commission said, according to state news agency KCNA.

North Korea is believed by South Korea and other observers to be "technically ready" for a third nuclear test, and the decision to go ahead rests with leader Kim Jong-un who pressed ahead with the December rocket launch in defiance of the U.N. sanctions.

"Whether North Korea tests or not is up to North Korea," Glyn Davies, the top U.S. envoy for North Korean diplomacy, said in the South Korean capital of Seoul as KCNA released its statement.

"We hope they don't do it. We call on them not to do it," Davies said. "This is not a moment to increase tensions on the Korean peninsula."

The North was banned from developing missile and nuclear technology under sanctions dating from its 2006 and 2009 nuclear tests.

The concern now is that Pyongyang, whose only major diplomatic ally, China, endorsed the latest U.N. resolution, could undertake a third nuclear test using highly enriched uranium for the first time, opening a second path to a bomb.

Its previous tests have been viewed as limited successes and used plutonium, of which the North has limited stocks.

North Korea gave no time-frame for the coming test and often employs harsh rhetoric in response to U.N. and U.S. actions.

Its long-range rockets are not seen as capable of reaching the United States mainland and it is not believed to have the technology to mount a nuclear warhead on a long-range missile.

"The UNSC (Security Council) resolution masterminded by the U.S. has brought its hostile policy towards the Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea (North Korea) to its most dangerous stage," the commission was quoted as saying.

[Image: 31566827.jpg]

We'll see about that. Seems like NK makes these threats every other week.
I do wonder how long they'll use scare tactics before we actually do blow the f**k out of them.

[Image: american.gif]

I read an interesting book about North Korea called The Cleanest Race, and I recall that one of the reasons North Korea continuously threatens the USA is to keep the levels of control over the people in check. Keeping tensions high makes North Korean people believe that they are bullying the states, and anyone else who opposes them, and it keeps the people in a state of wanting to fight and support Kim Jong Un's cause for "freedom" through obliterating the enemy.

However if there is no enemy, no United States, then they have no rationalization for why they are doing the things they are doing. It's easier to say "follow me, the guy who is making you starve is right over here, we'll find him we just have to keep looking!" than to say "You're starving? Shut up and do what I say."

A humble gentleman's blog about pussy, cigars, and game.

LATEST POST:
The Problem With Nightclubs

Also check out my blog for cigar discussion and reviews.

I'm pretty sure there is no chance of the U.S. fighting back against anyone in the next four years. Just look at Benghazi.

I think the man-o-sphere should declare war on them for hoarding all that azz. We already have Dash Global in position to strike

I read that the Brits have an English language school there...is that still true? I know Westerners in get the country from time to time. There are guys with NK flags out there somewhere!

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

"put her in the taxi, put her number in the trash can"

Quote: (01-23-2013 11:56 PM)RouteBackwards Wrote:  

I read an interesting book about North Korea called The Cleanest Race, and I recall that one of the reasons North Korea continuously threatens the USA is to keep the levels of control over the people in check. Keeping tensions high makes North Korean people believe that they are bullying the states, and anyone else who opposes them, and it keeps the people in a state of wanting to fight and support Kim Jong Un's cause for "freedom" through obliterating the enemy.

However if there is no enemy, no United States, then they have no rationalization for why they are doing the things they are doing. It's easier to say "follow me, the guy who is making you starve is right over here, we'll find him we just have to keep looking!" than to say "You're starving? Shut up and do what I say."

Kind of like if there is no terrorism or muslims then the United States can't go on killing its own citizens or blowing up children all over the world ?

If you guys are really worried about North Korea maybe you should have your SEC DEFs stop selling them nuclear reactors.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2003/may...northkorea

" I'M NOT A CHRONIC CUNT LICKER "

Canada, where the women wear pants and the men wear skinny jeans

Don't worry guys we're safe.
[Image: 1334602684_footage_from_the_north_korean..._conan.gif]

Nope.

It means they want talks with the US and some more aid that's all.

Theoretically North Korea has a missile (which rarely works) that has a 6000 mile range, so it could reach Hawaii. With an empty warhead carrying nothing. Assuming their guidance is that good, which it isn't. They also have yet to demonstrate a nuclear bomb that can be carried as a missile payload.

"Alpha children wear grey. They work much harder than we do, because they're so frightfully clever. I'm awfully glad I'm a Beta, because I don't work so hard. And then we are much better than the Gammas and Deltas. Gammas are stupid. They all wear green, and Delta children wear khaki. Oh no, I don't want to play with Delta children. And Epsilons are still worse. They're too stupid to be able to read or write. Besides they wear black, which is such a beastly color. I'm so glad I'm a Beta."
--Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

North Korea is a non threat and is complete dependent proxy of China. North Korea attempting to act like a wild child means simply they starve and loose electricity. China feeds them and keeps their lights on so no chance in hell they would event try to pull shit. But that is assuming they even have they tech to do it.. which they don't. If they did China would of adopted the tech for their own means I feel. North Korea just like the South region are simply push plays as we all know whom controls each side of their respected borders. To me the North is a sitting duck that will be a push play to attempt to weaken USA positions in the event of a wide scale global conflict. Its a M.A.D. scenario when the North would swarm the South to take all the chips they either would succeed or be nuked to high heaven by the USA. You can only push that button once so in my mind that eventual push would mean bombs drop on N.K. and not China which in that situation would be tangled with the West in other key areas possibly.

Quote: (01-25-2013 12:42 AM)kosko Wrote:  

. But that is assuming they even have they tech to do it.. which they don't. If they did China would of adopted the tech for their own means I feel

What tech?

Seems like a domestic play.

They're punching upwards to look like a big dog in the eyes of their people.

If you give people a foreign enemy, they will temporarily forget that they are being oppressed by their own government.

The moment North Korea represents any real threat to Japan, China, or the US, they are getting blown to bits. Let the guys bluff, they have to look good to their people and pretend they are actually defending something, like a Chihuahua barking at anyone who approaches, or they are getting dragged to the street and hung from a lamp post.

Quote: (01-24-2013 02:41 PM)presidentcarter Wrote:  

I read that the Brits have an English language school there...is that still true? I know Westerners in get the country from time to time. There are guys with NK flags out there somewhere!

Yep some gangly weird looking fucker I went to school with went out there in the summer for a year or so to do that.

I love North Korea so much. There needs to be a news/commentary site dedicated to just the crazyness that goes on there, and hilarious shit they say. Endless source of comedy.