rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What's the game plan for Cancun?

I've read lots of useful info about cancun on this forum, but still have some questions

Where to Stay?
Should I stay in one of the mega-resorts? They're $150 a night and up, with most being over $200. There are cheaper smaller hotels on the strip in the $80 range. Will staying at the mega resorts provide more day game opportunities? I've heard the mega resorts are strict about guests? Does that mean its hard to bring a girl back? Are the smaller hotels more lenient on this point? What about an AirBnB apartment, would that be a better choice?

The hotel zone is a long strip, like over 10 miles. Is there a particular area of the strip thats better?

Night Life
I've read that the mega clubs are full of drunk partying tourists. The downtown spots are a little more mellow with more locals.
Any tips which mega clubs in particular to hit up? Is downtown even worth hitting up? Sounds like the mega clubs is where the action is at.

Cats with first hand experience please breakdown the best game plan for Cancun. Thanks!

One more question: Is the nightlife all shorts, t-shirt, and flip flops. Or should I pack designer jeans, nice shoes, and button down shirts?

Quote: (01-23-2013 02:14 AM)PartyTime Wrote:  

One more question: Is the nightlife all shorts, t-shirt, and flip flops. Or should I pack designer jeans, nice shoes, and button down shirts?

Yes i have also the same questions...

The best game plan for Cancún is to walk out of Terminal 3, go to the right, and take the first ADO you can to Playa del Carmen.

Quote: (01-23-2013 02:14 AM)PartyTime Wrote:  

You're either the curb appeal or the curb.

I say if you're presenting yourself to women, look as nice as you can.

I was just there in December - early Jan. during the day time it was a little hot to be dressed up, but by night time it cooled enough considerably.

I was wearing blazers, vests, etc.

Jariel is right; get out of Cancun. Spend no more than a couple of days there...at most!
Then get a bus out. The tranpsort network is great. Buses leaves all the time, roads are good. Buses are excellent and reasonable.

I usually stay downtown when in Cancun , but last time I visited (feb. 2012) it had changed alot. Gone are all the awsome clubs and bars I used to know and crash! And I saw more tourist downtown and at the bars than ever before.
I can't speak for the girl policey at the big hotels, but when I stayed downtown, bringing a girl to the room at night in most cases was an issue.
Sometimes having to pay extra or book another room.
Mexican girls are easy. But learn some basic spanish.

The hotel zone is all about the beaches and big nice hotels, at night the streets and clubs are full of drunk tourists.
If you can locate Coco Bongo (famous nightclub with wack shows) on the map, this is the area I believe that is the most happening in the hotel zone.
All the big stores, alot of restaurants, bars, clubs and hotels. Everything is overpriced here.
But this is the place if you want to hit on crazy americans and other tourists.
The further down you go, the more beautiful are the beaches (they are stunning) and less crowded.

Entrance for the Coco was something like 50U$D, with open bar. But it was so crowded and impossible to get a beer. I left after an hour or soo.
Playa Tortugas used to be a good spot to meet local chinganos, having picnic drowning missiles (those big ass Coronas).

Dress to impress. If you want to rock singlets and flip flops you should go to Bali or somewhere else.
Every girl likes a man that can dress. Show style. A nice shirt, shoes and jeans should do.

Hope this helps some!

-Rdp

I had to spend 5 nights in Cancun while waiting to get into Cuba. Waiting for flights, rather. I loved it. We stayed in Downtown Cancun, which is like 20 min away from the big strip you are talking about. We went to the local bars there, and what you will find is a mixture of really ugly chicks (and I like Mexicans) and really hot chicks that are prob working in the tourist industry and are off for that night. We had a blast. We payed for a cheap but nice and clean place, prob 250% cheaper than anything you could find on the strip, and enjoyed hanging out with the locals and getting wasted for cheap. But the srtip has its benifits too, when we were there lots of drunk French and Irish girls. Also, when you land, expect to pay 40-60 USD to get anywhere from the airport DT or the Strip, which is called the Hotel Zone btw). The taxis will rape you.

G will probably want to chime in on this one. Sounds like he loves cancun and knows the ultimate game plan their.

In Cancun right now. Waiting on my cuz and Belize piece to come through. Might hit PDC tomorrow and Sunday but as for tonight, any new info? Downtown, Coco and then what?

The cycle of disrespect can start with just an appetizer.

TexasMade:
I'm P.M.ing you my Mexico cell number. I'm free tomorrow during the day. Tonight I'm a little busy. The Guadalajara girl is coming over later and if she doesn't spend the night, I have two D.F. girls itching to come over. I don't think I'm getting out of the hotel until tomorrow morning.

Went Cancun in spring break last year. The only type of hotels that have a strict guess policy are those with are all inclusive, like Oasis. We stayed in Mariott which didnt include anything and bringing people was not a problem. Those all inclusive hotels give u wrist bands for the free food/drinks hence no outsiders can get in. And they have guards everywhere so there isnt really any way around it.

Theres local buses which are frequent and go up and down the strip all the time. They are dirt cheap and taxis are not really needed at all.

Dresscode - there isnt really one, not in Spring break at least. With the number of people in that bars and clubs, it can get hot quickly and the temperature adds to that. You could wear flip flops if you want or short or vest etc, but dress up a bit and you"ve done better than the majority of Sprig breakers.

Places to go, Mandella and Pallazo were the best I think. Friday night was a locals night in Pallaza and the ratio that night was the best compared to other nights on my trip. We had girls approaching us in there although they were maybe 5s or 6s. Coco Bongo is supposed to be good, we didnt go there but its basically its a circus/acrobat show that turns into a club after. Its expensive though - was around 50£ (60/65$) if i remember right.

Tiesto was there at The City during our stay, and so was Hardwell. The club gets so busy that you can barely move - i wouldnt recommend going unless your a die hard fan. Expensive entry like Coco Bongo.

Any more questions hit me up

Any recommendations for beach parties during the day?

Half the videos I see from Cancun look great, half of them look like the bars are 90% guys. How'd you find the ratios there in general (apart from in Pallaza)?

Oasis Cancun is the party hotel.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Quote: (01-24-2013 09:03 AM)jariel Wrote:  

The best game plan for Cancún is to walk out of Terminal 3, go to the right, and take the first ADO you can to Playa del Carmen.

This.

Cancun is shit.

Oasis is the place i think. There is a club called Mandella beach bar or something they may have day parties too im not sure.

For Oasis beach party you can simply just go via the beach..i.e its open to anybody. Only trouble is you cant go into the hotel from the beach as the guards will be there.

I dont rate the beach parties though the ratio was not very good, compared to nightlife at least.

I was there over xmas. I went to Senor Frogs, Palazzo, Elevate and Manderlay, I paid the $50 in and it was free booze all night with waiter service.

Senor Frogs - Cheesy venue and a bit of a dump. They had a paint party on that night so the girls were scantily clad and very open. Very easy to pull in here.
Elevate - My least favourite place, the layout of the club was not great, ratios terrible and quality average.
Palazzo - One of the nicest looking clubs i've been in, quality was high although there were quite alot of guys. However, most of them were dressed like shit so if you go in smart you are already ahead.
Manderlay - Ratios were good as was the club layout. Music and the light show was excellent. Quality of women was probably the best out of the 4.

I had a great time, dress well and things are much easier. I was surprised about how open they were in the clubs about selling drugs. Pretty much every time you went in the toilets there was a guy offering coke and people were openly doing it in the cubicles.

Hey all, I have read over all of the Cancun and PDC threads here and was hoping for some advice. Taking a trip end of June for about 5 days. Obviously looking to relax and get women... That's about it for this trip. After going through everything, decided Playa would probably be a better option than Cancun, but was not sure if anyone has any info on Cancun/PDC during that week specifically. Many of the Cancun threads are related to spring break or high school senior week.

For the record, I am American, late 20s, speak fairly good Spanish (but am not up to speed on all of the slang). Traveling with one buddy. We both are pretty good with gaming women.

Thanks!

Headed back to Cancun tomorrow for then weekend, then bus it to Belize. Don't have a game plan. Haven't got a hotel yet. I touchdown at nine pm, so I am wondering if I should hit OFF that night or wait for tomorrow. Had a piece with me last trip. This trip solo for the two days.

Anybody knows what August is like down there. January was straight. I could imagine the middle of summer should be a bit better.

Looking to smash a European chick. Worse come to worse there are always Canadians for the layup haha.

The cycle of disrespect can start with just an appetizer.

Bumping this thread as I'm heading this way in a bit over a month. Coming with a girl. Planning on about 2 weeks going around Yucatan, hitting places like Mérida, PDC, Tulum, etc. Looking to spend like no more than $30-40/night for a nice place, preferably a decent hotel room with A/C and walking distance to food/drink venues. Thinking about booking a place in CUN for one night on the front and back end of the trip for maybe 2 nights in total.

Looking at the Cancun centro now - can anyone comment on the best area in the centro to stay in? I'll likely do cheap hotel or nice Airbnb with a private room/bath. Are there good local MX restaurants and/or delicious fondas, taco stands, mezcal bars, beer bars, and/or live music venues? Also easy-enough access to the beach via public transport or taxi?

I've been to Mexico countless times and realize that I've never really spent any time in Cancun, for the obvious reason that I don't typically associate myself with the all-inclusive gringo crowd - not that there's anything wrong with that ;-). We both speak good spanish, so thinking Centro may good be a good option. Any input is highly appreciated.

Latin American Coffee Guide
-What other people think of you is none of your business.

Seems like it's a great time to visit Cancun with the Peso being low

Quote: (11-22-2016 06:36 PM)Henny Wrote:  

Seems like it's a great time to visit Cancun with the Peso being low
Absolutely. MAGA [Image: banana.gif]

Quote: (11-22-2016 05:06 PM)bootyhuntah Wrote:  

Bumping this thread as I'm heading this way in a bit over a month. Coming with a girl. Planning on about 2 weeks going around Yucatan, hitting places like Mérida, PDC, Tulum, etc. Looking to spend like no more than $30-40/night for a nice place, preferably a decent hotel room with A/C and walking distance to food/drink venues. Thinking about booking a place in CUN for one night on the front and back end of the trip for maybe 2 nights in total.

Looking at the Cancun centro now - can anyone comment on the best area in the centro to stay in? I'll likely do cheap hotel or nice Airbnb with a private room/bath. Are there good local MX restaurants and/or delicious fondas, taco stands, mezcal bars, beer bars, and/or live music venues? Also easy-enough access to the beach via public transport or taxi?

I've been to Mexico countless times and realize that I've never really spent any time in Cancun, for the obvious reason that I don't typically associate myself with the all-inclusive gringo crowd - not that there's anything wrong with that ;-). We both speak good spanish, so thinking Centro may good be a good option. Any input is highly appreciated.

The best place to stay in Cancun...is Playa or Tulum. Unless you're staying at a cool ass hotel, Playa and Tulum are seriously so much better that it's really not even worth staying in Cancun. Much more expensive and unless you're in that tourist area of hotels, stuff is pretty far and sketchier.

Quote: (11-22-2016 07:26 PM)natas305 Wrote:  

Quote: (11-22-2016 05:06 PM)bootyhuntah Wrote:  

The best place to stay in Cancun...is Playa or Tulum. Unless you're staying at a cool ass hotel, Playa and Tulum are seriously so much better that it's really not even worth staying in Cancun. Much more expensive and unless you're in that tourist area of hotels, stuff is pretty far and sketchier.

That's fine, I appreciate your concern. I'm spending at a minimum two nights here, so I wanna see what's good with the place - almost every place has a raw, authentic something worth discovering. Any optimists out there, lol? Well I'll find out via independent research anyway and then report back here with something useful for the forum based on my experience.

Tulum is great if you're with a girl. Get a beach hut at a place that has bikes for guests to use and you're set

A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.

A true friend is the most precious of all possessions and the one we take the least thought about acquiring.

Quote: (11-22-2016 07:48 PM)getdownonit Wrote:  

Tulum is great if you're with a girl. Get a beach hut at a place that has bikes for guests to use and you're set

Why is Tulum great for a girl? I like the beach hut and bikes idea as long as you're accessible to the rest of the town via bike. Is it actually on the beach or a good distance from it?