rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I take back everything bad I've said about Bruno Mars

His newest song is fun and has a great video which really gets me pumped up. I got it on repeat via youtuberepeater..

sounds a little like the police but yeah its a good jam

Game/red pill article links

"Chicks dig power, men dig beauty, eggs are expensive, sperm is cheap, men are expendable, women are perishable." - Heartiste

been blasting this all week so catchy.

This shit plays on a demo at work and it's been somewhat of an anthem while I hit on chicks.

song is classic.

the lyrics of his other shit might make one cringe, but there is no denying that girls love it. have to give him some credit for that.

Not really a fan of this guy, but this is probably my favorite song of his, due largely to Mr. Marley.

If you like that kind of sound you might enjoy this one

Wow complete rip off of Sting and The Police, but catchy tune nonetheless.

Quote: (01-13-2013 02:54 PM)dk902 Wrote:  

When you completely rip off of Sting and The Police, you can come up with a catchy tune.

Fixed.

---

I just came up with a little song myself. Here goes. What do you guys think?

I'm really starting to see the alpha vibe in people in the same way that a cat can see in the dark. It's like gaydar but for alpha. Sting gives off massive alpha vibe.

They play this on the radio twice per hour. If you like it, don't expect your approval of the song to survive the oncoming radio deluge--- What happens when you now listen to Outkast's "Hey Ya"?

The song is definitely derivative of The Police, but The Police were definitely derivable of earlier raggae bands. That's just part of how music gets made.

By the way, that Gotye song completely reminds me of Sting as well.

Quote: (01-13-2013 04:22 PM)j r Wrote:  

The song is definitely derivative of The Police, but The Police were definitely derivable of earlier raggae bands. That's just part of how music gets made.

By the way, that Gotye song completely reminds me of Sting as well.

Valid point.

I guess I can't stomach Bruno Mars (I am honestly embarrassed I even know who the guy is) for two reasons:

1. The fedora.

2. In another era he wouldn't have had a singing career.

The Police also got a big part of their early sound from Elvis Costello's Watching the Detective.
Obviously both inspired by reggae/dub.

I'm really sick of the current generation of male singers that feminize their voices. Bruno Mars and Adam Levine are flagrant offenders. I have to agree that this is Bruno Mars' least worst song though. The only dude in pop music keeping it real these days is Flo Rida.

Hasn't Bruno Mars' sexuality been questioned, did he ever come out of the closet, or address the rumors? Personally, I don't really care if he is or not, but dude does come off as somewhat effeminate.

Quote: (01-13-2013 06:12 PM)HotLava Wrote:  

I'm really sick of the current generation of male singers that feminize their voices. Bruno Mars and Adam Levine are flagrant offenders. I have to agree that this is Bruno Mars' least worst song though. The only dude in pop music keeping it real these days is Flo Rida.

I will walk out of a bar or club if I hear "Moves like Jagoff" by Buffoon 5.

Worst song ever created.

Quote: (01-13-2013 04:56 PM)BurnFirst Wrote:  

The Police also got a big part of their early sound from Elvis Costello's Watching the Detective.
Obviously both inspired by reggae/dub.

Watching the Detectives? I thought that was Joe Jackson from the album Look Sharp? Great fucking album by the way.

Well you're just an all around hater now, aren't you G

I am the cock carousel

Im also loving this recent Pulp song. Catchy as hell

Good combination: The Bruno Mars song and Victoria Secrets models:

I need to get me some fame. I wonder if he banged?

The Police were a damn good band too. Pity Sting dissappeared up his own asshole sometime in the late 80's.

I know I'm a little behind on this, but being recently divorced that kind of stuff happens.

Now I was listening to this song (Lazy Song by Bruno Mars) for a while and the lyrics come off strong in my opinion. We need to value our time, but every now and then you just don't want to do anything. You could just go out and meet a new girl. You can work on your goals and self-improvement. Or you can just sit down and chill for a day. Because you can. How many blue pill married men can say that? I know the answer, I've been there and done that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLexgOxsZu0

To each his own, it's fine but just a bit boring and generic.
Can't beat sideburns like this,however, and the lyrics are dope.

New album out later this month.

Keep in mind that the 18 to 24 group of women that a lot of us are interested in connect strongly with Bruno Mars.

This track is a DeBarge kind of vibe.

He started out with whiny little bitch songs, but I think he found his niche as a sort of neo disco.

I liked his song "Too Hot".