rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Josh Pellicer

Josh Pellicer

Have you guys read or heard about Josh Pellicer? He is writer of the game book "The TAO of badass". He seems to have some interesting thought towards game and the psychology of women.

Anyone read his book? What do you think?

Josh Pellicer

Quote: (01-12-2013 10:03 AM)HenryH Wrote:  

Have you guys read or heard about Josh Pellicer? He is writer of the game book "The TAO of badass". He seems to have some interesting thought towards game and the psychology of women.

Anyone read his book? What do you think?

You ever come into a situation so fucked up that you have no idea of where to even begin?

I don't even know where to start. You can find the pdf online without the password protection. He's charging 47 bucks for a 150 page e-book. That's a textbook price for a pamphlet. These guys charge so much because you have to give incentive to the affiliate marketers who put up the "Is the Tao of the Bad Ass a Scam" website. You sell one of his books for 47, you take a 75% commission. That's a nice chunk of change. *sets up Joshua Pellicer Rip Off?.com*

The Skinny - The book is poorly conceived, poorly designed, and then poorly executed.

Quick points

- he rips off a lot from Mystery Method and the Superior Man (he talks about DHV and actually uses the acronym AMOG)
- what he rips off, he does not understand. ( you can tell that in how he summarizes things like "qualifying")
- he presents things that he doesn't truly understand as his own
- those ripped off ideas are presented poorly
- and he hints at even more secrets in the exclusive member's area (so the book is basically a pre-sell for his monthly membership site.)

AND

- his new ideas are typically bad, and of course presented poorly

So you got a guy with no new ideas, ripping off ideas he doesn't get, presenting them like they were his own, failing to do a good job at that...and then hinting that the real knowledge is behind a paywall.

If you know a little something about pick up, it's a very painful read. I'm pretty much familiar with all of the ideas and some of the history of the ideas in pick up, so slogging through it was torturous.

The real question for the kind of guy that is going to buy this is,

Will I learn how to pick up chicks by reading this book and taking action?

There are books like that. Mystery Method was one. Bang and Day Bang are 2 and 3. Indeed, I'd say for a really smart guy, a guy who can read between the lines, a guy who knows how to apply knowledge, The Game is a good book on pick up.

And if you're a super sharp guy and you read this book, you may find 2-3 tweaks or new concepts you might want to use. I can't lie, I did find some original ideas. (e.g. reframing the idea that when a woman is attracted to you, she's actually curious about you - and how those things could go back and forth). Of course, he doesn't really develop this as an idea, much less breaks the nitty gritty of how to use this knowledge in a real situation.

But if you're a beginner, i.e. you've never systematically went out to pick up women and been successful at it, then this book can't help you. It may even lead you in the wrong direction if you aren't vigilant.

WIA

Josh Pellicer

Haven't met Josh personally, but a close friend of mine is an instructor for his coaching programs and swears by him.

I can see why a lot of guys would be turned off by his marketing, but Josh is absolutely killing it in sales (his book is the top product sold on Clickbank)...so he must be doing something right?

Anyways, my opinion is that he's a way better internet marketer than he is a ladies man.