rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

NYT: End of Courtship

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/13/fashio...wanted=all

Article talks about how people don't date anymore, but fails to understand why. Tries to use the "end of men" meme to explain why nobody is taking these young sluts out to dinner.

It's easy to text a bunch of sluts and then fuck at your place as opposed to wining and dining these women

NYT doesn't know shit about basic economics.

As my grandmother would tell my sisters "Why buy the cow when the milk is free?"

ROI of traditional date is too low

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

take a look at the picture of the author on that page. The dude may have just backed out because she's not that attractive.

Of course, dudes want more sex and less dating. Why go on multiple dates with an average or below average looking girl, like the author?

What's funny is the article ends on the note of some prude bitch demanding expensive dates and roses and "not settling for anything less". Of course there will be plenty of betas supplicating to her high-maintenance ass.

What they fail to mention is her getting railed by the guy who uses baking soda as deodorant and pounds shots of apple cider vinegar.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

In the article, 7 women are quoted, and 2 men. The whole thing is female-centric, and this is in the NYT, not a women's magazine. Men are excluded from the discourse and are either coming to places like RooshV or becoming pathetic video game players.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

If they tried looking at it from just a man's perspective they would understand perfectly fine. They're asking who causes most of the problems in dating for the solution to the problem. Add to the fact that they say one thing and go do another. Its like asking a kleptomaniac why do they steal.

Reppin the Jersey Shore.

Women dont care about dates, they care about the implications of dates. Formal dates imply investment and a willingness to proceed to LTR and marriage, something fewer guys are willing to do.

If women still got the LTR and marriage they couldnt care less about the dates, but the lack of dates is an indicator.

My financial reality is fine, Im not avoiding formal dates because I cant afford it, I just want to avoid the message of "be my girlfriend", because I dont want one. This is whats driving women nuts, the guys who COULD afford to do things tye traditional way and are simply opting not to.

DISCLAIMER: I don't know what I'm talking about and my posts are opinion, not advice.

Quote:Gmac Wrote:
your time > her feelings