rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How To Find A Wife

How To Find A Wife

This is a thread for those of us who eventually want children. If you don't, that's cool, but everything that follows will be irrelevant to you.

I'm twenty-seven, and still very much enjoying the single life. But somewhere between 35-45, I'd like to choose a fine genetic specimen of a 20-25 year old woman and squeeze 3-5 babies out of her. I'd like to avoid losing half my shit to her, losing my kids, and all that fun stuff.

The way I see it, this is an aspect of The Game that is is 10x harder than collecting notches. I'm still a solid decade away from actually starting the hunt for a marriageable woman, but its never too early to start thinking about potential strategies.

So, men of the RVF who eventually want to have a few kids with one of the few remaining decent women left in the world: What's your game plan? I put mine into a 5000-word blog post:

http://www.thumotic.com/2013/01/08/how-to-find-a-wife/

And I'm interested in your thoughts, comments, etc. I should mention that I have zero interest in legal marriage, I'm just using the word as shorthand for picking a woman to be the mother of my children.

Excerpts Below.

"I have exactly one goal driving me on my search for a wife: Children. That’s it. I want to be a father, and I want my children to enter life with the best possible chance of success. I believe that a monogamous partnership with a woman is the best way to do this. The prospects of cloning and surrogate mothers also intrigue me, but I ultimately want my children to have a mother in their lives. This is the only valid reason for marriage today: Procreation.

Do you want a wife because you crave companionship? You’re an idiot. Get a girlfriend, or a dog.

Do you want a wife because your friends and family expect you to get married? You’re a coward. Be a man and make your own choices in life.

Do you want a wife because your pastor has convinced you that marrying a divorcee is your duty as a Christian? You’re an idiot, a coward, and a heathen on top of it all.

I repeat, there is only one reason why a modern man should even consider marriage, and that is the prospect of becoming a father. If you want sex, love, and companionship, these things are far easier to get outside of a lifelong monogamous relationship than within it."

"Our generation firmly believes that a man’s early twenties are a time for getting blackout drunk five nights a week, going to ten or fifteen hours of class a week, playing video games, and otherwise not doing a hell of a lot. But the returns to hard work and education (in any form) decrease with age. A man in his twenties lays the foundation of the man he will be for the rest of his life. If you want to earn the right to choose one of the few remaining decent women in our society as a mate, you must do so my turning yourself into one of the few remaining decent men."

"But this is not Maxim. This is the Red Pill. This is the place where one finds harsh, gut-wrenching truths that sends cowards back into the safety of their mothers’ bosoms. If that’s your style, friend, hang on: It’s about to get dark in here.

As pleasant as it would be to live in a world where we can all basically trust others to treat us with basic respect and human decency, we do not to live in such a world. Principles of masculine honour such as honesty and the inviolability of sworn oaths are an anachronism in our culture. As such, a man who seeks to marry a woman who truly believes in chastity, lifelong fidelity, wifely submission, and male headship, cannot simply ask a woman if she believes in those principles. She may simply lie, and no one but you and a few lonely blogging reactionaries will judge her for it. Two, even if she swears to you with all her heart that she will dedicate her life to being a properly traditional and Christian wife, if at any point in time she whimsically changes her mind, you and you alone will feel that her betrayal is immoral or unjustified.

Ultimately, it doesn’t matter what a man does. By marrying and having children, he is signing up for a life spent at the mercy of his woman. She can choose, any day she likes, to take away his children and livelihood. There is no contract that can be signed, no promise that can be extracted, and no vetting procedure perfect enough to ensure that this does not happen. Thus, it is imperative to choose your mate with the care."

"It is not enough to make a checklist of traits of that correlate with successful marriages in the GSS, and seek out a wife who maximizes your r-squared.

It is not enough to assume a woman holds true to the teachings of the Bible, because she goes to Church for an hour every Sunday.

It is not enough to merely read the books and blogs of men who have had success with women, and presume that you then know all that they do.

A man who wishes to permanently bind his wealth, happiness and genetic legacy to a woman, must first learn the true nature of her species. Not the angelic, faultless caricature painted by the Church. Not the twisted, a-feminine monstrosity encouraged by our feminist culture. Not the overly dismal, cynical and uncharitable portrait one gets from certain corners of the Manosphere. A man who wants the best for his children must choose a proper wife. To do this, he must first learn all that he can – the good, the bad, and the ugly – about female nature.

Men, you can’t trust anyone in the world. Not your teachers, your parents, your pastor, not even your favourite bloggers.

The only thing you can trust unconditionally is what you see, hear and experience with your own senses.

And so, young men who desire marriage, children, family, stability, and posterity – I suggest you spend the better part of your twenties swimming in the shark tank of the modern sexual marketplace."

"What this guide recommends is that you keep one foot planted firmly in reality, and be ready to shift the entirety of your weight back on that foot if any sign arises that your marriage is slipping away from you. Love your wife, but love your children more. Know the law in your jurisdiction. Draw up contingency plans. Review them with a good lawyer, and keep him on speed dial. Hide your assets. Be a good husband, but always be prepared to abandon your feelings, and make the tactical moves necessary to protect yourself, your children, and the assets you’ll need to give them the life you want for them, if your wife chooses to rebel against you and the oaths she swore."

Blog: Thumotic
Red Pill links: The Red Pill Review
Follow me on Twitter

How To Find A Wife

Check out Samseau's recent distillation of Dr. Love on Return of Kings if you haven't seen it yet: http://www.returnofkings.com/2390/the-fa...is-secrets

Optimize your search by dating from a pool of girls who are more likely to be good marriage prospects instead of club sluts (e.g daygaming, Southeast Asian girls, FSU girls, your local group of Amish, etc. whatever group tickles your fancy.)

How To Find A Wife

Don't look for a wife, seriously. I'm engaged and I still tell guys not to look for a wife; the proportion of women worthy of marriage is so low that you will probably never find a worthy wife. Just try to get your dick wet.

I decided to marry my girl because I did desire a traditional marriage and she met my criteria, but I definitely wasnt looking for a wife and I never expected to meet a women whom I wanted to marry. It was just dumb luck.

I've got the dick so I make the rules.
-Project Pat

How To Find A Wife

Quote: (01-09-2013 02:50 PM)ElBorrachoInfamoso Wrote:  

Don't look for a wife, seriously. I'm engaged and I still tell guys not to look for a wife; the proportion of women worthy of marriage is so low that you will probably never find a worthy wife. Just try to get your dick wet.

I decided to marry my girl because I did desire a traditional marriage and she met my criteria, but I definitely wasnt looking for a wife and I never expected to meet a women whom I wanted to marry. It was just dumb luck.

Out of curiosity, what was your criteria if you don't mind sharing?

How To Find A Wife

Fuck, i had such a long post typed out. i'm on my iPhone, too =/

First off, interesting article. Hits very close to home for me; your article has articulated some of the colder truths that I've merely thought about but never accepted. At the same time, you've introduced some concepts that I'v never even considered.

My qualm is this: consider you find yourself the perfectly submissive, committed, disciplined wife. Chances are that in this day and age, you'll only find a woman like that of she is strongly religious. Therefore, we can reasonably assume that she is a virgin.

If a man follows your advice -- that is, to slut it up in his 20s (a lifestyle that I fully endorse, by the way), he is setting up an inherent inequity between him and his wife. If she is strongly religious, the woman will likely want a man who is also strongly religious. She will probably want a man who is retained his chastity as well.

I understand that argument that one is to approach marriage as a means of maximizing a man's genetic fitness; hell, I completely agree with it. However, the virginal, disciplined woman of my dreams won't accept a player, even if he has taken the necessary steps to make himself supremely desirable as a father-figure.

So how do you all think this inequity is reconciled? Personally, I really don't think it can be...but from all the threads of I've read in this place, it seems like reconciling it doesn't even matter because women do not operate logically.

For example, let's go with the likely scenario that the future wife isn't a virgin, but hasn't had sex with that many dudes and is truly committed to being monogamy. Well, you're fucked; any woman can say and even act like they want monogamy, but we know their true nature. She could cheat on you at any moment because she has been with other dudes before. She puts her pleasure before the principle of abstinence; that's why she had sex in the first place. She does not respect the concept of sex only within marriage, so why would that change once you're married to her?

Another possibility is that your future wife is a virgin, and you lie and tell her that you are a virgin. What she doesn't know won't hurt her, after all. This is a very logical but cold approach...and personally, I take my own abstinence too seriously to do that.

I suppose it's also possible that you tell your future virgin wife the truth, that you ravaged hundreds of vaginas in your twenties, and that you've grown bored of it and now want to settle down. I suppose it's possible that she will accept it and marry you AND remain committed to you anyway. But the odds of finding a woman like that are so low. One would really have to be an idealist to bank on that outcome.

tl;dr

I agree with almost everything that Fristo said, but I'm still cynical about the odds of having a successful marriage with a virgin wife. Too much cultural influence on women to slut it up these days

also, this is posted from my iPhone so sorry for the spelling and grammatical errors

How To Find A Wife

I think a new definition of marriage(between man and woman) needs to emerge.Our society isn't built for the traditional style marriage to work.I could see myself being happy with one woman forever but it for sure wouldn't be anything close to traditional.Honestly I'd probably be happiest in an open marriage.At least then neither one of us has to live a lie about who we are.

How To Find A Wife

Quote: (01-09-2013 02:57 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Out of curiosity, what was your criteria if you don't mind sharing?

My first two criteria to even consider a girl for the wifey spot.
1. Very attractive
2. Not a slut

Once these two are met, the next big thing is personality. I need a girl who is genuinely nice. Deep down, most girls are vile. My girl expressed sincere guilt at having broken a man's heart. Until that time, I had never heard a girl express guilt at hurting some beta orbiter.

After seeing how nice she was, I really started to like her, so it was all a matter of meeting my other major and minor requirements.

My only other major requirement was a non-religious girl, who still has traditional family values. As you can imagine, that's very difficult to find in this country; most atheist girls are femisandrists, and most traditional girls are very religious. My girl was raised in a completely non-religious family, but her parents never divorced and she held her alpha father in very high regard, despite knowing that he had affairs. That was a big plus for me.

The next thing was minor, but it's something that most men care little about. I wanted a girl who was smart, really smart. I'm a physicist by training and I'm a huge nerd. Even though I decided against becoming a professor-mostly because I wanted to make money-I will always be a nerd. I don't do Sudoku on the plane, I solve old Putnam Exam problems. I read philosophy on the toilet. Even girls who are considered smart by most, girls who graduated with science degrees, would annoy me with their stupid questions. My girl never once asked a stupid question, at least not intellectually stupid. She's also a PhD level scientist, from a top school, so I never have to worry about her not understanding something that I consider simple.

A bonus is that she's very sociable, so she's valuable as more than just a trophy at official events.

Everything just fell into place. I try to live without regret. This was useful in forcing me to approach girls when I was a single man. I realized that I would regret it if I let this girl go, I could never say that about any other girl. That's when I knew.

But I still think it was just dumb luck. The probability of finding a girl who is worthy of marriage and satisfies all of a particular man's criteria is extremely low. Men should be looking to get laid, not looking for wifey.

-Project Pat

How To Find A Wife

you want a women who will let you impregnate her 3 to 5 times while she is still in her early 20s and will do so without the security of marriage.

I highly suspect the type of women who will accept that arrangement won't be one you want to have.

How To Find A Wife

Isn't that kind of like saying good jobs are rare so don't bother trying to get one?

How To Find A Wife

Quote: (01-09-2013 07:34 PM)snoop Wrote:  

you want a women who will let you impregnate her 3 to 5 times while she is still in her early 20s and will do so without the security of marriage.

I highly suspect the type of women who will accept that arrangement won't be one you want to have.

Depends on where in the world you are.

How To Find A Wife

Quote: (01-09-2013 07:45 PM)snoop Wrote:  

Isn't that kind of like saying good jobs are rare so don't bother trying to get one?

Depends on your perspective. I consider a good job or some other source of high income necessary for my happiness, but I don't consider a wife necessary. I was just lucky to find a woman that increased my happiness if I was in a long-term relationship with her. If I were single, I would still be happy, just not as happy as I am now. I expected to remain a bachelor for life and I was happy with that.

You are implying that there is something essential about having a wife. Do you think a wife is necessary for your happiness?

-Project Pat

How To Find A Wife

It's a fairly easy game to find a wife IF you are a westerner and IF you can handle going outside of your culture. SE asia comes to mind. India - marriage can be arranged there.
I for example can't be on the same level with someone from a different cultural background.

How To Find A Wife

Good luck looking for a woman with a good head on her shoulders. The current sexual marketplace has dictated we do actions counterproductive to something that would make a good wife. The best outcome I can see is having a George Clooney-esque arrangement. I feel that this can only be done if you have a good SMV value and you are able to maintain that value for a long period of time (like Clooney did and currently does). I've never felt a compelling need to pass on my seed but maybe that will change as I age. I also know that as I age, I get pickier and pickier, so my chances of finding someone I would actually want to reveal myself to is very slim.

How To Find A Wife

I think it's more like saying, good jobs are rare so don't sign a multi year contract that requires equity buy in until you're really fucking sure it's a good job. And don't go looking for the kind of job that requires that just because you hear they're out there.

How To Find A Wife

"If you wanna be happy
For the rest of your life,
Never make a pretty woman your wife,
So from my personal point of view,
Get an ugly girl to marry you.

A pretty woman makes her husband look small
And very often causes his downfall.
As soon as he marries her
Then she starts to do
The things that will break his heart.
But if you make an ugly woman your wife,
You'll be happy for the rest of your life,
An ugly woman cooks her meals on time,
She'll always give you peace of mind.

Don't let your friends say
You have no taste,
Go ahead and marry anyway,
Though her face is ugly,
Her eyes don't match,
Take it from me she's a better catch.

Say man.
Hey baby.
Saw your wife the other day.
Yeah?
Yeah, she's ugly.
Yeah, she's ugly but she sure can cook.
Yeah?. Okay."

^^^ The more things change, the more they stay the same.

How To Find A Wife

Quote: (01-09-2013 08:03 PM)ElBorrachoInfamoso Wrote:  

Depends on your perspective. I consider a good job or some other source of high income necessary for my happiness, but I don't consider a wife necessary. I was just lucky to find a woman that increased my happiness if I was in a long-term relationship with her. If I were single, I would still be happy, just not as happy as I am now. I expected to remain a bachelor for life and I was happy with that.

You are implying that there is something essential about having a wife. Do you think a wife is necessary for your happiness?

Not for everyone no, but if it makes you happier, why wouldn't you look for that?

How To Find A Wife

Quote: (01-09-2013 09:57 PM)Ensam Wrote:  

I think it's more like saying, good jobs are rare so don't sign a multi year contract that requires equity buy in until you're really fucking sure it's a good job. And don't go looking for the kind of job that requires that just because you hear they're out there.

Saying "be cautious" is way different than just saying flat out "don't bother"

See the difference?

I'm talking about looking for one, not accepting one.

How To Find A Wife

Quote: (01-09-2013 07:45 PM)Vicious Wrote:  

I'm not saying its impossible, but I've personally never heard a single women say their dream was to be a single mother of 3 to 5 kids by the age of 25

How To Find A Wife

Quote: (01-09-2013 03:10 PM)BasketBounce Wrote:  

If she is strongly religious, the woman will likely want a man who is also strongly religious. She will probably want a man who is retained his chastity as well.

No.

His past as a player will work for him, not against him.

A woman who gets a former player to settle down and find God will be happier than a woman who marries a virgin.

What woman doesn't want the complement? She is so fine as a woman a player actually settled down for her?

Women don't give a damn about a man's notch count, nor do they care about God and religion, no matter how conservative they claim to be. They care mostly about how they feel.

How To Find A Wife

Quote: (01-09-2013 10:09 PM)BlurredSevens Wrote:  

"If you wanna be happy
For the rest of your life,
Never make a pretty woman your wife,
So from my personal point of view,
Get an ugly girl to marry you.

[b]A pretty woman makes her husband look small
And very often causes his downfall.
As soon as he marries her
Then she starts to do
The things that will break his heart.
But if you make an ugly woman your wife,
You'll be happy for the rest of your life,
An ugly woman cooks her meals on time,
She'll always give you peace of mind.
[/b]

Lol- spot the f--- on man. I think dudes generally find wives the wrong way- they're playing the wrong game. Everyone gets caught up in the surface level appearances when the real long-term goal is to find someone who's going to be a fantastic mom. Usually those without options settle for the first chick who's nice to them (like playing Russian Roulette with your life). Then, on the other hand, men with options often chose the hottest woman they can.... when they should be looking for the coolest, sweetest woman they can find. Looks fade faaaast....all you're really left with is the attitude. Even when wife looks "hot" with all the caked-on makeup and other dudes are trying to hit it...hubby knows there's nothing behind the make up (depressing just typing that sentence). And you're not going to be changing her... That's why these married guys walk around dazed like they got hit by a bag of bricks.

One of my favorite Bible verses in Proverbs 25;24: "It's better to live alone in the corner of an attic than with a quarrelsome wife in a lovely home." Dudes had this s--- figured out 2500 years ago. And those Mesopotamian and Canaanite broads aint got nothin' on our women today in the entitlement/"quarrelsome" category. Shame I only know 3 guys who followed the advice.

How To Find A Wife

Personally, if I choose to have kids I want to do it in and unfenced, cohabiting relationship where we can both fuck other people, but not in our house.

I wrote about it here: http://www.smokeinmyeye.com/2013/01/01/a...-marriage/

21 y/o brit.

How To Find A Wife

Quote: (01-10-2013 08:43 AM)snoop Wrote:  

I'm not saying its impossible, but I've personally never heard a single women say their dream was to be a single mother of 3 to 5 kids by the age of 25

There you go. You're part of the machinery if you would brand a woman "single" just because she has kids and is not married. In the western world I think it is solely the Mediterranean and the US where this attitude is upheld.

How To Find A Wife

People VASTLY overestimate the dificulty of this. All you've got to do is

A - have her completely, madly in love with you

B - blow bareback loads in her

You'll be a dad whether you like it or not. Quite literally, the most natural thing on earth.

How To Find A Wife

Quote: (01-10-2013 08:43 AM)snoop Wrote:  

You never hear it, but you certainly see it an awful lot! I'm amazed I'm hearing this on a Red Pill site.

How To Find A Wife

Quote: (01-10-2013 05:06 PM)Vicious Wrote:  

There you go. You're part of the machinery if you would brand a woman "single" just because she has kids and is not married. In the western world I think it is solely the Mediterranean and the US where this attitude is upheld.

So what is a person who isn't married if they aren't single?