rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Bowie's latest release today..not bad..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOyDTy9DtHQ

Made it to 0:45 thanks

made it to :31, thanks.

Made it to his 1st 3 words thanks.

Reppin the Jersey Shore.

Dafuq am I listening to. [Image: huh.gif]

Guys, this is perfect seduction music. Play it low, low lights, wine. I like it.

It's nice, reminds me of Absolute Beginners. The video and lyrics make no sense, but still it's nice because of the overall tone / feel.

My favorite is Putting out the Fire (Cat People) though.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Why does he sing about Berlin??

The old guys on here will remember the David Bowie opener. [Image: whip.gif]

Nice song as long as it's minimized. Don't know what the hell is going on with the video but the face things are just weird as hell and ruin it for me.

Quote: (01-09-2013 07:26 AM)BoiBoi Wrote:  

I think he used to always go there. This song is trash. I've never really checked David Bowie out, but I know he did a lot of work with Iggy Pop.

Quote: (01-09-2013 07:26 AM)BoiBoi Wrote:  

Damn,you need to get hold of his seminal Berlin albums,Low,Heroes and Lodger ( only Heroes was actually recorded there but the three are considered to be his Berlin trilogy ). Berlin was Bowie's bolt hole after the LA Thin White duke phase which sent him into a drug spiral he almost never came out of. Him and Iggy rolled into town to get clean and just about managed it producing and writing stupendous works at the same time. If you want to get a feel for Berlin of the late 70's period then get hold of his 'Low' album,dim the lights and put the headphones on. Probably his best work and if you only know Bowie as the guy who sang 'let's dance' or 'Absolute beginners' type of 80's pop then you will be blown away.

There is a great book about that period called 'Bowie in Berlin',forget who wrote it but it's an epic read. Hopefully a tour will be in the offing,but I doubt it.

I like the "Starman"

Check this out best of Bowie

I don't know how you guys listened to 30 seconds of this. Where's the guitar? It sounds like somebody dying. At least he's not like the Rolling Stones singing the same songs for 50 years in order to sell coffee mugs.

Not a great album as Vorkuta mentioned above but Let's Dance features Stevie Ray Vaughan playing guitar on all the tracks which is why Modern Love, Let's Dance, China Girl and Cat People were high charting hits. Bowie was pivotal in promoting Stevie Ray and helping him get his own record deal with Double Trouble.

Quote: (01-10-2013 03:10 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Check this out best of Bowie

I think that is "best of Parlay44"! [Image: icon_razz.gif]

Heres one of my favorites:

I'm a big Bowie fan, but this latest release was not his best. I'll checkout the rest of the songs on the album when it's released. The man is a living legend though.

I used to listen to this song when it first came out.

He's releasing material so he can do a big tour, play some hits, and make some $$$$$$$