rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

"Making muscles is boring and they don't do anything"

"Making muscles is boring and they don't do anything - they are just like pets eventually. You have to feed them, take care of them, and they are useless. Gym muscles are useless. And they look stupid; you can't do anything with them. You can only lift a lot of weight on that machine that you built them on. They have no practical use."
"I like to exercise, but I don't like to work out or go to the gym. I like to do ballet and gymnastics," he continued.

This was said by Ryan Gosling in a interview about his fake abs for the movie "Crazy Stupid Love"

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entert...53633.html

[Image: ryan-gosling-abs3.jpg]

I feel like some people on here may have diffrent opinions on the subject

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Wow

A year from now you'll wish you started today

Kind of agree.

I like to build muscle with exercises that also make me strong / good in bed, lol.

that said, I do just plain like the feel of having muscly arms and being ripped. Though you can also get that with very functional exercises (deadlifts, chinups, standing presses) that make you just a plain strong hard bastard.

But I've definitely given up the days of trying to stay over 200lbs and rugby-player size. Can't be bothered, and it only marginally helps with pickup, compared to just being lean/athletically muscular ( although helps alot with keeping guys from interfering, lol)

Well its alright him saying that, he's a famous millionaire actor.

I think the money line is where he reveals his body is digitally enhanced.

Lifting can be a waste of time but I like doing it as a test of will.I feel as though benching max involves as much mental strength as it does physical strength.

he's trolling. he definitely works out. ballet and gymnastics? what he really does is stretching and bars/rings/bodyweight workouts.

Bet alot of guys are going to start doing gymnastics(gymnasts are usually ripped) and ballet now.

i dunno i think weightlifting is kind of fun actually. it's like upgrading your hit points, but in real life.

Quote: (01-08-2013 01:36 PM)iWin Wrote:  

Bet alot of guys are going to start doing gymnastics(gymnasts are usually ripped) and ballet now.

I searched pro athletes ballet and apparently Lynn Swann, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Willie Gault, OJ Anderson have all done ballet to supplement their training regimens.

Jack LaLanne was also a huge proponent of gymnastics.

I instantly thought female style ballet and gymnastics but the man's style and womens style in both are different.

Still trolling SWPL style, albeit maybe not intentionally.

"No, it was just photo-shopped! It's like James Cameron invented this programme, called Ab-atar!" he quipped.

"You just wear a motion capture suit, and suddenly you have abs. It's pretty neat!"

The article took him seriously when he was just making a joke.

Quote: (01-08-2013 01:41 PM)bodmon Wrote:  

i dunno i think weightlifting is kind of fun actually. it's like upgrading your hit points, but in real life.

Lifting actually makes you healthier and reduces your risk from diseases. It allows you defend yourself from other aggressive men (and even women) and makes you look more attractive.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

It makes sense for Gosling to think such a thing.

He doesn't need them to score great roles or pull hot women; he skates by on his looks alone.

Quote:Quote:

"Gym muscles are useless. And they look stupid; you can't do anything with them. You can only lift a lot of weight on that machine that you built them on."

If by "gym muscles" he means ones that have been built/sculpted on pulley machines, rather than by just lifting heavy shit, I'd agree. I rarely touch the machines at my gym, in favour of squats, deadlifts, presses etc - exercises that build functional strength. I can't help but sneer at the pretty boys who spend hours doing isolation exercises, but if they squat at all, they can barely do half their body weight.

He's bored probably because he's not training right. He's probably prancing about the gym, chatting on his phone, taking long stretches between sets, eyeing up the ladies. He needs to get real. Ten minutes of hard, intense weight training is better, and a lot more enjoyable, than an hour of lacklustre, half-assed performance.

Exercising large muscle groups increases your testosterone immediately. I also read that it has something to do with hair growth.

It's not like the fucker doesn't work out. He says he prefers ballet and gymnastics over lifting weights.

He probably still lifts weights, and properly too, but just doesn't enjoy doing it. He probably has a nutritionist, personal trainer, and all of that. If this guy was going to ballet classes and gymnastics studios so often, there would be pics of him in a leotard on the internet. My guess is he hits the weights multiple times a week, and does the gymnastics and ballet when he feels like it.

Also made an error in my last post. The writer does state that he was joking about the abs being fake.

I think a lot of you might be severely underestimating gymnastics. That shit is intense and many gymnasts are pound for pound the strongest guys in the world.

To use a cliche, gymnastics is Convict Conditioning, or progressive calisthenics, on steroids.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Quote: (01-08-2013 11:54 PM)Beyond Borders Wrote:  

I think a lot of you might be severely underestimating gymnastics. That shit is intense and many gymnasts are pound for pound the strongest guys in the world.

To use a cliche, gymnastics is Convict Conditioning, or progressive calisthenics, on steroids.

Agreed. I swapped out my weightlifting routine for gymnastics workouts, and it's a completely different ball game. You feel every extra pound your body shouldn't be carrying, you don't have to train to anywhere near failure to get results and because your whole body is used in pretty much every exercise, you can feel the weak links in your muscular/neurological chain immediately.

Other people may vary, but swapping to calisthenics/gymnastics workouts was the best thing I've done for my health.

Full respect to gymnastics, but strength training is relevant to loads of situations. If you do manual work, it will save you from so many injuries. Also useful if your girl likes to be up against a wall, you have to change a tyre on your car, etc.

If he's talking about cables, machines and tons of supplements, then I would agree with him, but it's one of the lifestyle costs of his profession.

Quote: (03-05-2016 02:42 PM)SudoRoot Wrote:  
Fuck this shit, I peace out.

Quote: (01-08-2013 02:03 PM)UgSlayer Wrote:  

Quote: (01-08-2013 01:36 PM)iWin Wrote:  

I searched pro athletes ballet and apparently Lynn Swann, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Willie Gault, OJ Anderson have all done ballet to supplement their training regimens.

don't forget fred flintstone...he took up ballet to help him when his bowling game went wonky.

lifting weights is good for you physically and mentally.

i do see his point though and the extremes that some guys go to just to have bigger arms can be completely over the top-drugs etc

He's talking about all these assist machines, he was probably made to work on those to make certain muscles look bigger. I have to agree, they are shite, nothing beats free weights. In gymnastics you'd be lifting your body weight most of the time.

I think JCVD did ballet and it helped him become a 'martial artist'.

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

Quote: (01-10-2013 07:06 AM)bojangles Wrote:  

I think JCVD did ballet and it helped him become a 'martial artist'.
[Image: Jean-Claude-Van-Damme-or-Allison-Barrie.jpg]
JCVD Is the man!

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Isn't Gosling pro-feminism?

Quote: (01-10-2013 10:55 PM)MattC Wrote:  

Isn't Gosling pro-feminism?

If he didn't at least claim to be, he wouldn't get a gig in the movies. There's millions more pretty boys lining up to take his place, should he step out of line.