rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The healthier I eat the hungrier I am

I noticed it the first day I started juicing. On top of the juice I made for breakfast I still ate 4 eggs and some steel cut oatmeal. An threw out the day I stayed hungry. Im still eating as much food as I did Im just eating organic non process foods. Have been doing this for a few days now and im staying hungry.

At first I thought this food is just not very filling, but now Im starting to think its just my body telling me it wants more of this healthy nutritious food... I feel like my body is craving it.

Anyone else have any experience with this? Like when they cleaned their diet up even tho they still ate alot they stayed hungry???

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

This is definitely true. I'm a slim guy, and I eat all the time. People can't help but notice, especially at work, how frequently I eat and how jealous it makes them.

But it's real food. Pieces of meat, vegetables, Juice. Not hamburgers and pizza etc.

Eating at McDonald's or eating processed things, its easy to get tons of calories in a small-looking amount of food. If you're actually eating real food, it takes much more to fill you up. And your digestive system is actually working to digest it, as opposed to some processed food which takes almost no energy to break down.

For instance, 1 lb of salmon, whcih is a ridiculous amount to eat, has about 800 calories. A burger and fries from McDonald's easily has 1000 calories.

Eating nuts in between meals helps me remain full

Quote: (01-07-2013 10:35 PM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

Anyone else have any experience with this? Like when they cleaned their diet up even tho they still ate alot they stayed hungry???

Yes. 100%. Stop eating crap and I dropped 20 pounds, all the while eating more and being hungry.

Actually I did not eat that badly before, but eventually cut out ALL high fructose corn syrup injected products, ALL non veggie fed organic meat and ALL heavily processed foods (snacks, cereals).

The final kicker was severely restricting and occasionally eliminating bread. The American bread-heavy diet is pretty bad for a lot of people who have problem with gluten.

"Equality may perhaps be a right, but no power on earth can ever turn it into a fact."

"Want him to be more of a man? Try being more of a woman!"

"It is easier to be a lover than a husband, for the same reason that it is more difficult to be witty every day, than to say bright things from time to time."

Balzac, Physiology of Marriage

Your body will adjust and your stomach will shrink with time. Also drink more water your body might be needing more fluids to help process and break down the new influx of fibre.

Quote: (01-08-2013 01:21 AM)kosko Wrote:  

Your body will adjust and your stomach will shrink with time. Also drink more water your body might be needing more fluids to help process and break down the new influx of fibre.

Kosko's right. Water helps a ton when dealing with hunger. It's the main part of a balanced diet and you need it for almost all bodily functions.

Drink more water, you'll be fine.

When I first started eating healthier, this was the first thing I noticed. If you still take dairy, milk is a good filler. If not Chocolate (real chocolate), nut butters and nuts tend to be filling.

Same here man ppl claim paleo and low carb fills you up but I find the opposite to be true.

I can stuff myself with vegs, chicken, eggs bacon and still be starving throughout the day. When I eat crap like kebab, pizza and so on it fills me up nicely.
My resolution is to eat crap through the day and end the day with a nice paleo-conform dinner.

water is great for fat loss, and you're right the more healthier you eat the more hungry you seem to get, I'm having the same issue but just keep drinking loads of water.

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

i think all slim/skinny guys have this issue, to some extent anyway
same for me
i eat pretty healthily most of the time, but i'm a hungry motherf&cker at the best of times, and find i need to eat significantly more than most of my (not skinny) friends and colleagues to keep the hunger pangs away

Mate tea to calm your hunger. Work like a wonder

The harder you practice, the luckier you get.

No fat yogurt brah. It has been a life saver for me.

Check out Chobani greek yogurt (of the gods). Very high in protein and 0 fat. It gives great satiety between meals and can even be a good pre-workout snack as it sits light in the stomach.

If you can't get access to Chobani, try other 0 fat yogurts that are lower in sugar to reduce cravings.

Some sounds advice on here. I eat a handfull of Brazilian nuts everyday when I first wake up, Im gonna incorporate eating some diffrent nuts threw out the day. Milk and yogurt was a good suggestion to. I drink a ton of water everyday an have for years, It doesnt seem to help curb my appetite to much. Im not fat or doing this for weight loss I just wanna be the healthiest person I can be,.I've always been pretty healthy, exercise, no cig smoking, no soda things like that. But im looking to really step it up for 2013!

Nuts
Milk
Yogurt
Keep drinking lots of water

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Quote: (01-08-2013 04:03 AM)w00t Wrote:  

My resolution is to eat crap through the day and end the day with a nice paleo-conform dinner.

Try the opposite.

Carbs cab really slow you down and make you feel tired. I just ate a big lentil soup and a plate of brisket, and feel fine. Eating a sandwich or pizza, not so much.

If youre not worried about weight gain, having carba at night can def slow you down and help get you ready for bed since youll feel groggy anyway.

Try eating paleo/primal. I definitely don't eat it perfectly (I still eat dairy, rice here and there, and don't pay enough attention to what oils are in foods) but I get it 80%. Here's a normal day for me, and I'm literally never hungry.

Breakfast: 2 Eggs cooked in butter, 3 pieces of bacon, small portion of hashbrowns cooked in truffle oil with parm cheese on top, glass of milk

Lunch: Usually food I can walk to from work such as:
-Panera Bread (Chicken Caesar Salad and French Onion Soup)
-Chipotle (Burrito Bowl w/ a fatty meat like their Barbacoa, cheese, guac, mild salsa, skipping the rice and beans)
-Local place (Ribeye sandwhich, large burger)--yes I said I'm not 100% paleo

Dinner: Something like these 5 meals are my staples:
-Ribeye Steak w/ garlic butter and mushrooms
-Paleo chili (using the fattiest ground beef like 80/20 or 73/27 you can find)
-Almond crusted cod w/ asparagus
-Paleo fried shrimp fried in coconut butter w/ carrots
-Duck breast cooked in butter (you'd be surprised how easily it is to do)

Personally, I think this diet is very easy to follow because it's practical. I never get tired of bacon and eggs every morning--you can throw the bacon and hashbrowns on while you're in the shower and cook the eggs when you're showered. I also think it's sometimes difficult for guys to eat paleo during lunch since it's hard to cook in advance and sometimes just not that good when you have to microwave food--just do the best you can with the options like above. Dinner you have no excuse--things such as steak, duck, chili, and crispy shrimp are pretty hard to not like.

For me the benefits of paleo are twofold:
1. I'm never hungry. This is because all of the fat that fills you up and gives you stored energy throughout the day. I used to eat lean chicken breasts, steel cut oats, fruits and salads etc--that stuff absolutely starved my body for fat.
2. I'm never uncomfortable. I used to get awful acid reflux that made my esophagus extremely painful for the next 2 hours after I ate it. If I ate a big plate of spaghetti and meatballs or a bread-heavy sandwhich, consider my afternoon screwed. Now that I largely cut out grains, I know the foods I'm ingesting are mostly low carb and therefore low glycemic index therefore helping me stay lean, and doesn't make my whole digestive tract hurt anymore.

This is crazy... Its unreal how hungry I have been the past 2 days....

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard

Than eat more. Your body probably needs it, if its coming from good foods. I tend to get more hyper when I eat more so I move around a lot more. Probably would do killer workouts too.

Yes, I have experienced the same. The better you eat, the hungrier you get.

Why? Because clean food does not stay in your stomach. It gets processed and broken down immediately. You body converts it to muscle and energy very quickly.

Compare this to unhealthy, processed food. Your body doesn't know what to do with it. It full of artificial ingredients. This type of food lingers in your stomach. Your body has to work harder to process it. You don't get hungry as fast -- BUT -- most of it just becomes belly fat.

Often times, when you eat better, you have to eat more.

Eat more high quality protein and fiber. Eggs, avocados, chicken, fish, beans, nuts, vegetables, lean meat, brown rice..etc. You can eat as much of this stuff as you want as long as you are exercising.

Breakfast: oatmeal, fruits, nuts, or eggs

Mid-morning: eggs, beans, avocado, corn tortillas, chile peppers.

Mid-afternoon: grilled chicken or steak, brown rice and veges.

Dinner: More lean meat and veges

Night time: Protein shake

I feel the same way. In fact, I'm hungry right now but don't want to go over my macros :/

it's killing me this is, can't wait for the Friday night players dinner.

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

I can confirm this is a real thing since changing my diet and eating real healthy....I am more hungry and eat more volume of food, yet I do not gain weight and get fat.

The main problem I have now is that eating healthy food all the time is so damn expensive !

You'll never regret an investment in your health. Good food is worth the money.

They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety- Benjamin Franklin, as if you didn't know...

Definitely nuts and fruits when you can.

Also drinking about a gallon of water a day during the week helps (add BCAA's for flavor or throw in tea bag of chamomile and green tea).

Check out the Keto diet thread. Might help you hunger issues.

Try the perfect food : potatoes.