rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Finding a balance between Life, Work, Passion, and Sex.

I wanted to ask for advice on something my brain has been rumbling with for the past couple weeks.

I am trying to find a balance between life, sex, passions and work. Life in the sense that I need to experience it (do things, go out, shoot pool, rock climb), sex in that I am pursuing it (going out, doing approaches, getting blown out, getting numbers, facilitating opportunities to get laid), passions in that I am building my skill set (writing, reading, comedy, blogging, ebooks, gre/gradschool), and work in that I have to do this in order to survive (substitute teaching and pizza deliveries).

I am trying to figure out how to do it all at once and it is difficult. For starters, my main concern is my passion and work. Passion requires me to dedicate hours to my craft every day, at least one hour but shooting for two, and work is what I have to do in order to survive.

But of course I want to get laid.

I am trying to find a way to work both my jobs and still pursue my other ventures. My substitute job has me leaving my availability open from 8-3 M-F. I am not sure if I will even have jobs lined up but that is what the job description requires of me (basically be on call). I live in Hillsborough County (Tampa) and it is a big fucking county, so chances are high there are plenty of schools I can go to get a job, even if I have to drive an hour out to get it.

My other job is cool with me working weekends and evenings only.

My concern is how I maximize how much I work with enough time to pursue my hobbies as well as pick up women.

Can anyone recommend me a master schedule of sorts? Keep in mind I reserve early mornings (at least 5:00am) three times a week for weight lifting, but I shoot for four days at the gym, three days off.

The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People by Steven Covey

By scheduling day-by-day, or hour-by-hour, the things you really want to do are getting squeezed out. The Seven Habits can be a dry read at times, but as someone who's dealt with the same issues I've found the book's methods to be helpful. The book does ask a lot of you (it's not something you just read through once), but if you google the title you can find enough of an overview to decide whether you'd like to order.

Best of luck.

From a first glance it looks like you're trying to do too much.

Why not combine and step back and focus?

Doing a pizza job is great for income for now, but why not find a bartending job? You can use that to get girls (2 done) income and girls

Or you can join a pool club if there are any? Game and hobby combines

Increase pay by doing private tutoring instead of substitute teaching?

Studying/reading/writing are harder to combine since you should be zoned in.

I think WestCoast is right as far as trying to find a job like bartending where you can kill two birds with one stone. In fact killing two birds with one stone has been one of my secrets since I was a youth trying to come up. Any time you can accomplish two things at once, you are way ahead of the game. This is most of the time easier said than done. With a gig like bartending you are not only getting paid, but you are in a fishbowl where you have status and access to beautiful women.

This is a reason why a guy like myself who has a bit of scratch stacked (at least enough to coast for a few years) has considered working at the bomb natural foods store or as a personal trainer. Both gigs don't pay great, but they place me in a fishbowl where I can not only make money, but pursue my other goals, wants, needs, and desires. In the case of the natural grocer, hot girls work there, hot women shop there, killer discounts, and the possibility to network and develop social circle.

Also, anything you can do to open doors or access new opportunities is very important. Are there any side gigs you can pick up, any ideas you have for upstart hustles, or opportunities for being an entrepreneur? Things can be difficult when you are living pay check to pay check, especially stuff like going out and partying and chasing women. I am no day game expert, and in fact I have largely given up on it because it is the hardest part of game IMO, but if you can't afford to be out all night at bars and clubs, it is the best alternative for a guy in your situation.

So I'd say try to get into day game, or at least designate one night a week, which ever works best for logistics and go hard on night game. No excuses hit up someone from RVF, a neighbor, friend, or just roll dolo, and as much as you feel lazy, as much as you don't want to go out, as much as you are sick of stupid airhead sluts, get out there on a Thurs-Sat. night and just spit game. Straight up, game is a skill that has to be learned and practiced. I have learned a great deal, but since I don't practice enough, I am not hitting those upper echelon levels of game. However, if you don't learn game, and you don't practice game, you will never be good.

Quote: (01-07-2013 11:39 AM)Baldwin81 Wrote:  

The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People by Steven Covey

By scheduling day-by-day, or hour-by-hour, the things you really want to do are getting squeezed out. The Seven Habits can be a dry read at times, but as someone who's dealt with the same issues I've found the book's methods to be helpful. The book does ask a lot of you (it's not something you just read through once), but if you google the title you can find enough of an overview to decide whether you'd like to order.

Best of luck.

My grandfather recommended that to me ten years ago. I will look into purchasing it.

Quote: (01-07-2013 11:46 AM)WestCoast Wrote:  

From a first glance it looks like you're trying to do too much.

Why not combine and step back and focus?

Doing a pizza job is great for income for now, but why not find a bartending job? You can use that to get girls (2 done) income and girls

Or you can join a pool club if there are any? Game and hobby combines

Increase pay by doing private tutoring instead of substitute teaching?

Studying/reading/writing are harder to combine since you should be zoned in.

It is difficult to jumble it all and I can see doing it all will be a challenge.

For starters, doing bartending, although an obvious choice to knock out "two birds," is tough given I have no experience in bar tending flooded with plenty of people (especially women) who have experience.

It is tough to be a bartender if you are not rocking a killer body, long blonde hair, and nice big titties. [Image: heart.gif]

I think private tutoring could be another side option. I am hoping something comes of my entry into the education field. I plan on networking my ass off-setting up events, handing out cards, community service- in order to get my way in and push out the competition vying for decent jobs in the education sector. The hourly in education is a lot better than I would get in the food and service industry. They have part time teaching positions for 20/hr 8-3. It requires certification though.

Quote: (01-07-2013 02:16 PM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

I think WestCoast is right as far as trying to find a job like bar tending where you can kill two birds with one stone. In fact killing two birds with one stone has been one of my secrets since I was a youth trying to come up. Any time you can accomplish two things at once, you are way ahead of the game. This is most of the time easier said than done. With a gig like bar tending you are not only getting paid, but you are in a fishbowl where you have status and access to beautiful women.

This is a reason why a guy like myself who has a bit of scratch stacked (at least enough to coast for a few years) has considered working at the bomb natural foods store or as a personal trainer. Both gigs don't pay great, but they place me in a fishbowl where I can not only make money, but pursue my other goals, wants, needs, and desires. In the case of the natural grocer, hot girls work there, hot women shop there, killer discounts, and the possibility to network and develop social circle.

Also, anything you can do to open doors or access new opportunities is very important. Are there any side gigs you can pick up, any ideas you have for upstart hustles, or opportunities for being an entrepreneur? Things can be difficult when you are living pay check to pay check, especially stuff like going out and partying and chasing women. I am no day game expert, and in fact I have largely given up on it because it is the hardest part of game IMO, but if you can't afford to be out all night at bars and clubs, it is the best alternative for a guy in your situation.

So I'd say try to get into day game, or at least designate one night a week, which ever works best for logistics and go hard on night game. No excuses hit up someone from RVF, a neighbor, friend, or just roll dolo, and as much as you feel lazy, as much as you don't want to go out, as much as you are sick of stupid airhead sluts, get out there on a Thurs-Sat. night and just spit game. Straight up, game is a skill that has to be learned and practiced. I have learned a great deal, but since I don't practice enough, I am not hitting those upper echelon levels of game. However, if you don't learn game, and you don't practice game, you will never be good.

Yeah, always a good thing to have great wisdom at a young age.

I think you hit the nail on the head with whole food stores and personal training jobs. But again, the lack of experience may hurt me, add to the fact I live in shitty job market ass Florida and I'm in for a bit of a grind if I want work my way down the football field.

My entrepreneur ventures are there but I don't expect a pay off from that for another two years minimum.

I will make sure to have Fri and Sat night open for night game and try to day game during the day after school or when I run errands. My goal is to go out atleast two nights a week and day game once a day. In doing that I know I will be dedicating a lot of hours to getting my skills polished.

But at the same time...I can't let go of my desire to write, build my mind through reading, exercise, etc.

Ugh, I don't know. Either I literally live my life hour to hour in order to maximize my time or accept that some things just won't get done in the time frame I prefer.

Kinda hard to be the king of everything.