rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The way I take care of my unhealthy food cravings

Kinda gross and you can only do it if you're alone... I've been doing this for almost two years now and it works in both taking care of my junk food cravings and keeping the wasted calories off.

Works best for things like french fries, chips, cake, cookies...

You cram like 5 fries (for example) into your mouth, chew the shit out of them, only allow yourself to swallow about 10% of the masticated food, then spit the vast majority (90%) into a napkin. Repeat. This works like a champ. The act of swallowing the 5% to 10% placates your craving, the chewing of the entire product is fun and tastes good, and your body is saved the garbage food.

Another great thing to do this on is Popeyes or KFC. You peel the skin off, EAT the healthier chicken part, then you can chew the tasty skin without swallowing much of it. Spit that horrible artery-clogging shit out after you savor the taste.

I've shared this idea with about 50 people - girls I'm dating, friends at the gym, family members... they all think I'm fucking crazy. I maintain that I'm a genius. I've googled this type of eating strategy and you get a bunch of betas and women saying it's "dangerous" and "unhealthy" but I disagree. There's nothing dangerous about devouring a filet or NY Strip (healthy) and then spitting out 90% of a worthless baked potato or fries.

ETA: To reiterate, this is to go along WITH a HEALTHY entree that gives your body nutrition - fish, chicken, steak, etc.

Thoughts? Maybe I'll post pictures of my chewed up spat out McDonalds fries and post them next time. [Image: confused.gif]

Sounds a lot healthier than bulimia. lol

Could have a negative impact on your social life though. [Image: tongue.gif]

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

I don't see how chewing something and not swallowing it could be unhealthy. Disgusting, sure, but I don't see a way it could possibly hurt you.

I lost 60 pounds last year. One of the tricks I used when I got hungry for some sugary desserts was to eat lots of mints and gum. Mints are as sugary-tasting as anything out there, but a tic-tac has like 3 calories. Eat 10 of them and you've got a nice dessert, at only 30 calories.

no way this would stop me binging when I'm on one.

If I get that first taste of a Big Mac, I'm wolfing down two or three in quick succession.

Quote: (01-06-2013 07:12 PM)RichieP Wrote:  

If I get that first taste of a Big Mac, I'm wolfing down two or three in quick succession.

Well Big Macs have protein in them so they're not complete garbage. If I were you I'd pull two of the pieces of bread out and enjoy.

If you noticed, every food item that I listed for which I employ this trick is complete garbage with zero nutritional value - fries, chips, cake, etc.

For burgers I'll take one of the buns off, not get mayo, etc. and enjoy without guilt.

Just don't buy them. Taking the ease of access away goes a long way to not craving Shiite food. I haven't drank a Soda in years because I never have it around and my body has thus adjusted. If I get a sip in a cocktail I gag. Shit is to sweet for me nowadays.

You might want to check out EFT (emotional freedom technique) It looks crazy but it's great for taking away limiting beliefs and negative programs of behaviour. There are loads of free vids on youtube, hope it helps.

Quote: (01-06-2013 07:46 PM)MikeinMKE Wrote:  

Quote: (01-06-2013 07:12 PM)RichieP Wrote:  

Well Big Macs have protein in them so they're not complete garbage. If I were you I'd pull two of the pieces of bread out and enjoy.

If you noticed, every food item that I listed for which I employ this trick is complete garbage with zero nutritional value - fries, chips, cake, etc.

For burgers I'll take one of the buns off, not get mayo, etc. and enjoy without guilt.

For me, binging is an act of throwing caution to the wind and just gobbling junk that makes me feel all fuzzy inside.

If I'm in the sort of state to even contemplate things like taking the buns off, then I'm probably not even going to walk into McD's heh.

I guess thats why different techniques work for different people... it depends on the state they're in that's causing the cravings maybe.

Sounds like putting a bandaid on a much bigger problem.

Archie Moore used to chew up steak and spit it out when he was cutting for a fight. I would imagine it would work with other types of food.

Glutamine is known to kill your sugar cravings.

For french fries, I just cut up a potato in slices and bake them in the oven. They taste just as good as the french fries but without all the oil. For popcorn, I have an air popper and lightly coat the popcorn with butter flavored PAM spray and sprinkle on garlic and salt.

Rico... Sauve....

Quote:Quote:

Glutamine is known to kill your sugar cravings.

Yeah? I've got a big-ass tub of the stuff I use a workout supplement after hard workouts. You're saying if I take a little of it, it'll kill off sweet tooth cravings? That's really interesting, do you have a study that supports this?